Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Coolguye posted:

even trying to just talk to them civilly doesn't work because they tend to feel like they're winning by making you grovel. the most notable example of this to my experience is when lunethex and i did the vermintide series, one dude from reddit made this crazy 180 from interested to virulent hater over the course of 2 weapon videos we did. when i tried to ask him why he responded with a barely-readable screed about mechanics and frame priority and demanded we make an apology video for how wrong we were.

That reminds me, you never did make me that apology video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I hate the vile trolls too, especially when I lay out a pile of birdseed (with a sign above it that says "birdseed") and tie an anvil to a rope and hang it precariously above the birdseed. When the trolls eat the birdseed, I let go of the rope, yet to my chagrin, the anvil mysteriously hangs in the air! Naturally, I go to investigate this phenomenon, only for the anvil to comically flatten me.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Klaus88 posted:

Did a swamp man just clown on a bunch of RE monsters with just his fists and some sharpened bits of wood?

Resident Evil is a series that has always known how to have fun and be both appropriately creepy and intentionally goofy as hell

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Scaramouche posted:

That reminds me, you never did make me that apology video.

IM SORRY MAWMA

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

judge reinhold posted:

I hate the vile trolls too, especially when I lay out a pile of birdseed (with a sign above it that says "birdseed") and tie an anvil to a rope and hang it precariously above the birdseed. When the trolls eat the birdseed, I let go of the rope, yet to my chagrin, the anvil mysteriously hangs in the air! Naturally, I go to investigate this phenomenon, only for the anvil to comically flatten me.

Have you considered painting a tunnel on a wall to trick the trolls into running at the wall?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Have you considered painting a tunnel on a wall to trick the trolls into running at the wall?

Or for the trolls to drive into in their troll van?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Or perhaps an unfeasibly large rocket?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Does the 'block user' button not launch one of those? If not then I've been using it all wrong, I had no idea my enemies and the counties they live in were both still among the living!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Why is the Twitch VOD player such loving garbage? Every time I try to watch a video on it, it takes up all my CPU and memory. It's gotten slowly worse over the past few months and I'm wondering why.

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Why is the Twitch VOD player such loving garbage? Every time I try to watch a video on it, it takes up all my CPU and memory. It's gotten slowly worse over the past few months and I'm wondering why.

I found that Twitch uses slightly less CPU in Chrome then in Firefox.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is Chrome. It also constantly buffers even though I have 50mb.

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

messmate king

discworld is all I read posted:

My high point in trolling was one guy who would be the first comment in all of my threads who would just say "Oh great, another Niggurath LP" and that would be the only thing they said.

How do you know they weren't being sincere......... :)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
So despite everything DSP is trying to say
It seems he got a 24hour suspension on his twitch channel.
Probably for his fundraisers

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DeafNote posted:

So despite everything DSP is trying to say
It seems he got a 24hour suspension on his twitch channel.
Probably for his fundraisers

Hilariously, he's trying his hardest to pretend that nothing happened and that the only reason he didn't stream today was to "do his taxes". Cause you know, nobody can just go to his Twitch channel and see that it's suspended...

He's walking on thin ice, and if he attempts to try his "pay my taxes" fundraiser on Wednesday then he's going to be hosed. Every detractor who cares has basically gotten confirmation that reporting to Twitch does work and they'll be coming out in droves to shut down Phil's twitch channel permanently, nevermind the countless other examples of Phil's toxicity.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Sure he didn't get suspended for cranking it on air. Again?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Leal posted:

Sure he didn't get suspended for cranking it on air. Again?

Hard to pin him 100% on that one with no video. Besides, between making GBS threads on other streamers/developers, accepting a bribe to unban a viewer, constantly stating that he's gonna be doing a fundraiser to raise enough money to pay his taxes, and general toxicity, Twitch is spoiled for choice on legitimate reasons.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I wonder why it took so long for this to happen then? If the detractors really cared they probably could have gotten him taken down for trying to fundraise for himself for years now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I wonder why it took so long for this to happen then? If the detractors really cared they probably could have gotten him taken down for trying to fundraise for himself for years now.

Well until recently he never did blatant "FUNDRAISER TO PAY MY TAXES" streams. Also, Twitch's new ToS are kicking in soon which is supposed to take more aggressive action against toxic people, regardless of whether or not that toxicity originates from Twitch or outside social media.

Also I guess it's fully possible that much like Machinima, Twitch didn't care. Machinima only got rid of Phil when he became too much of a hassle in comparison to the money he was bringing in. It's fully possible that Twitch is now starting to see DSP as a stain on their brand that doesn't bring in enough income to justify ignoring any more.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
DSP and his toxic semen.

He's like that Spider-Man comic where Peter's sperm gives Mary Jane cancer.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Jacking is not a crime!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wait is it against the rules to fundraise on Twitch?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nihilarian posted:

Wait is it against the rules to fundraise on Twitch?

It's against the rules if you're fundraising to fill your own wallet.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I really hope this ends DSPs sordid online story. Not really a hater; I think I've watched more video of slowbeef pretending to be Phil than actual footage of Phil. His toxic dependence on free streamer money combined with his complete inability to deliver compelling content, and to apparently live his life in a sane fashion, is a bad mix.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
If you cant fly a random cross-country girl you met on twitter to your ridiculously oversized condo, that you can't afford in an expensive state, that you never go outside of except for fast food, 4+ times, before having her move in to exclusively cook meals and clean and parade around as a possession, then why are you even a Twitch streamer?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Twitch like most other lovely techy sites like to wait for dumpster fires to get really really big before they do something.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 27, 2018

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Psychepath posted:

If you cant fly a random cross-country girl you met on twitter to your ridiculously oversized condo, that you can't afford in an expensive state, that you never go outside of except for fast food, 4+ times, before having her move in to exclusively cook meals and clean and parade around as a possession, then why are you even a Twitch streamer?

You say parade around like we've seen the girl since she's gotten there. There has been exactly 1 picture of her since she's moved in and then she is only mentioned when sombody asks about her, and even then it's about what she cooked that day over anything else.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

You say parade around like we've seen the girl since she's gotten there. There has been exactly 1 picture of her since she's moved in and then she is only mentioned when sombody asks about her, and even then it's about what she cooked that day over anything else.

Fair, I guess it's more like the parade is going on 3 streets down, and you hear a lot about it but the traffic it too much to actually see any activity.

But the guy you know near it has hashtagged #parade in 16 of his last 17 instagram photos.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Jamesman posted:

He's like that Spider-Man comic where Peter's sperm gives Mary Jane cancer.
i will never stop being shocked that this is a thing that exists. but it does.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Listen, bud!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
DSP absolutely got suspended for his fundraiser antics. Here is his schedule, before and after:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So have we all but confirmed now that his new "girlfriend" is in fact just a slave he probably keeps in a closet.

(And probably yells at in whatever applicable racist accent)

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Feb 27, 2018

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TaurusOxford posted:

Hard to pin him 100% on that one with no video. Besides, between making GBS threads on other streamers/developers, accepting a bribe to unban a viewer, constantly stating that he's gonna be doing a fundraiser to raise enough money to pay his taxes, and general toxicity, Twitch is spoiled for choice on legitimate reasons.

Where IS that video anyway? The link posted earlier in the thread doesn't work. You'd think if it was audio of DSP making the bald man cry, it'd be plastered all over YouTube, which it isn't. So I'm kinda reluctant to believe this one. Unless there's proof. You know, the hard, irrefutable proof that causes a sticky situation when it comes out.

e: Not sure if this was posted...9 months ago? But Phil was playing the Friday the 13th game, audio chat on, then some people recognize him and start talking about him jerkin' it on cam, getting cut from Machinima and whatever else, and then Leanna. The whole time Phil practically says nothing aside from "YUP THAT WAS ME, YUP TOTALLY DID IT GUYS". As soon as they mention Leanna he cuts them out of voice chat and proceeds to poo poo talk one of them about his voice. Good job Phil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGLuvQkrN_0

BMS fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 27, 2018

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BMS posted:

Where IS that video anyway? The link posted earlier in the thread doesn't work.

That's cause DSP deleted the twitch clips that people were making. Youtube to the rescue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNxRr04ptWQ

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TaurusOxford posted:

That's cause DSP deleted the twitch clips that people were making. Youtube to the rescue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNxRr04ptWQ

Why was I even hoping this HAD to be fake. Of course it's not. Of course he jerked himself off on stream AGAIN. This is Phil we're talking about here.

Clicked another video in the related from that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M1Yl12fEt8

He claims he was stretching. STRETCHING.

Stretching that DarkSydeBeef

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
His big ol fundraiser was a complete flop as far as things seemed to go.
He had a goal of 550 subs but somehow lost more than he gained ending at 432.
Hit tip/bit goal was 2K but he didn't even break $100.

Somewhere along the lines he started blaming his viewers for the low amount of interactions and "participation".
Participation in this case being cheers and tips.

Bear in mind that he only engages with the viewers that throw money at him and ignores everyone else.
I should mention that the last time he held a fundraiser was back in December where he somehow managed to make 10K that day.
So it's actually kind of funny that this one flopped so hard when he expected to be able to repeat December's event.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Not sure where you are getting 10K from, cause he sure as hell didn't make that in the December fundraiser.

Regardless, yeah, his fundraiser was a complete failure. He's hopeful tonight that because he did well on one prior session of CoD WWII that that will encourage people to "participate" more.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Say what you will about DSP at least he's smart enough to not admit to killing someone's dog on purpose. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/2/28/17062952/twitch-streamer-dog-dox-threats-reddit

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Is he strong?
Listen, chum!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Doseku posted:

His big ol fundraiser was a complete flop as far as things seemed to go.
He had a goal of 550 subs but somehow lost more than he gained ending at 432.
Hit tip/bit goal was 2K but he didn't even break $100.

Somewhere along the lines he started blaming his viewers for the low amount of interactions and "participation".
Participation in this case being cheers and tips.

Bear in mind that he only engages with the viewers that throw money at him and ignores everyone else.
I should mention that the last time he held a fundraiser was back in December where he somehow managed to make 10K that day.
So it's actually kind of funny that this one flopped so hard when he expected to be able to repeat December's event.

The funniest part is how he cant call it a 'fundraiser' anymore anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Please donate to DarkSydePhil's Dumbraiser.