Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You don't get hired to work the truck stop parking lot, you're an independent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I have low morals and love money. Hire me.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I combined my warrant overtime, picking up a check from an old job, and signing for my VA stipend, so kind of cheating but whatever.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
THEY ALL PAID A NICKLE

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Thousand dollar hours are busy restaurants.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Jokes on me though because the minimum age for pension withdrawals is going to be 55 starting this year. I just got owned.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Not yet. Getting owned is doing that, and then being bumped up into a higher tax bracket.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Remember that weird as gently caress Batman anime? They dubbed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08dHXfIprYE

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
B- Banime?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It passed last time it was posted and I'm mocking it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Earliest I can go out is 60 1/2, which is 14 years away.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Pre-ordered

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A nice little end to this training event: just found out the guy I've been working for this trip is dropping $13k into a Bitcoin mine

Not his own, some dude overseas

:retrogames:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
lmbo what an idiot, but IDK someone here will probably defend this decision.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Ehhh, if he actually knows what he's doing (probably not) and it's for business, then it's not the worst idea. If he's just doing it for himself, then he's an idiot and oh, by the way, gently caress you for driving up the cost of video cards.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

Ehhh, if he actually knows what he's doing (probably not) and it's for business, then it's not the worst idea. If he's just doing it for himself, then he's an idiot and oh, by the way, gently caress you for driving up the cost of video cards.

no no no no no no no

Bitcoin anything is dumb

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

mods change my name posted:

Naked Bear posted:

First loving post lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Here I was coming with optimism but yeah,first shot.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
BITCOIN CAN ONLY GO UP UP UP!!!

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
HODL!!1!!!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm convinced the only way to win at cryptocurrency is by being the inner circle of a pump and dump

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Soulex posted:

Here I was coming with optimism but yeah,first shot.
Yeah, I did that very deliberately. You could have gotten the "but really, guys!!" response or the more realistic "ehhhh" response. I think we both know which one is preferable.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

I'm convinced the only way to win at cryptocurrency is by being the inner circle of a pump and dump

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
Pump and dump is something I would do on the reg in the portashitters in Iraq. Also known as a tug and plug when indoor plumbing is available.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's like a pyramid scheme. Gotta be at the top to profit.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I see no reason to Believe that the crypto market is anything more than an intricate plot to separate nerds from their money, Now that they’ve wised up and quit buying video game DLC. However. If I could figure out how to launch a shitcoin or sketchy af exchange and disappear with 25 million bucks or so I feel like it would be my divine right as an American to do so.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There was a whole Bitcoin forum where people advertised, in absolutely blatant terms, 'This is a bitcoin ponzi scheme, get in first to make money!'

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Bitcoins are the 21st century Tulip Mania.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vasudus posted:

Bitcoins are the 21st century Tulip Mania.

Says the guy who just dropped a grand on a video card. We know you are secretly trying to cash in on some of that crypto currency action.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
TED CRUZ AVATAR GUY DIARRHEA ELEMENTAL HELLO

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

TED CRUZ AVATAR GUY DIARRHEA ELEMENTAL HELLO

You rang, O Cunty One?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
idk you're the first bitcoin guy i thought of :tipshat:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Black Panther was good

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i wonder how many dorm rooms where you don't have to pay for power have doubled their electricity bills from this bullshit

PookBear fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 16, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
dadchat: Where can I obtain a tabletop? Meaning a rectangular, 2 foot by 4-6 foot, half inch to three quarters piece of pretreated, prestained wood? If I wasn't in an apartment and actually had proper tools I would just get the thing myself.

My idea is to make a new, very solid desk using a tabletop and two filing cabinets for the legs. If I were still in Connecticut I knew a few mom and pop stores I could get it from, but down here I have no idea.

I suppose I could also just buy a kitchen table that has the requirements that I want and just frankenstein it.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am pretty sure most folks buy a piece from Ikea that does what you are looking for. If you look through /r battleststions on Reddit you will see the same desk top over and over.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vasudus posted:

dadchat: Where can I obtain a tabletop? Meaning a rectangular, 2 foot by 4-6 foot, half inch to three quarters piece of pretreated, prestained wood? If I wasn't in an apartment and actually had proper tools I would just get the thing myself.

My idea is to make a new, very solid desk using a tabletop and two filing cabinets for the legs. If I were still in Connecticut I knew a few mom and pop stores I could get it from, but down here I have no idea.

I suppose I could also just buy a kitchen table that has the requirements that I want and just frankenstein it.

IKEA and just use the top part.

Alternatively but a new desk because you just dropped $1500 on a GPU but a $200 desk is a bridge too far.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Figures that there would be an obscure subreddit for it.

There's an Ikea that's not too terribly far away at least.

edit: I didn't like any of the prebuilt desks I saw online before deciding to try and make my own >:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

Specialty wood shop. Lumber yard. Depends on what you're looking for. Lowes or HD will have a stuff like cedar, oak and pine. Anything crazier (like purple heart), you're going to need to look for the hobbyist style woodworking shops. And it's not likely you'd find it stained.

Just buy a desk.