Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
It's funny, the thing i'm curious for when the engine upgrade is if Deb's hair will look more like her concept art/Maddy's.

E: Also, hmm

Yes, that is Vanessa all over AJ's rear end. I have no clue why. The game seems to put an inordinate importance on Vanessa's textures too, since loving with those hosed up every counselor and every Jason. Which makes no sense to me, like at all, but it looks like I'm at an impasse :( I have no clue how the file structure works, and clearly name swapping just isnt gonna cut it.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

well, glad they're finally loving doing it since I am pretty sure I quit like 6 months ago and back then they were just ignoring everyone who asked about it

I will check back in when the next updates come out I guess

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ahaha, ended up with a game where Deborah somehow ended up in a seated position hovering a foot off the ground. She was just scooting around in midair like Mark with an invisible wheelchair. That justified my purchase of this game forever

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Ahaha, ended up with a game where Deborah somehow ended up in a seated position hovering a foot off the ground. She was just scooting around in midair like Mark with an invisible wheelchair. That justified my purchase of this game forever

That glitch is as old as the game and it always makes me laugh.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

It's funny, the thing i'm curious for when the engine upgrade is if Deb's hair will look more like her concept art/Maddy's.

E: Also, hmm

Yes, that is Vanessa all over AJ's rear end. I have no clue why. The game seems to put an inordinate importance on Vanessa's textures too, since loving with those hosed up every counselor and every Jason. Which makes no sense to me, like at all, but it looks like I'm at an impasse :( I have no clue how the file structure works, and clearly name swapping just isnt gonna cut it.

V was probably the first counselor in the game so if there's a bug it looks at her stuff (indexed 0) first.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

V was probably the first counselor in the game so if there's a bug it looks at her stuff (indexed 0) first.

Ah, that would explain why all the pattern masks for everyone are in her folder too.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Vanessa predates summercampgame being a Friday the 13th license, doesn't she?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
All I know is she’s kinda the default, you can always tell a person is new if they’re playing Vanessa in the blue tracksuit.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Coffee And Pie posted:

All I know is she’s kinda the default, you can always tell a person is new if they’re playing Vanessa in the blue tracksuit.

It's funny the level 40 something unlock for her is the same blue, but brighter

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lesson learned, no need to go halfway around your rear end to get to your elbow trying to be slick and elegant when bruteforcing poo poo is easier

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Lesson learned, no need to go halfway around your rear end to get to your elbow trying to be slick and elegant when bruteforcing poo poo is easier

That's actually a pretty neat costume for AJ

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

That's actually a pretty neat costume for AJ
I love the mixing and matching you can do. Only the top is a box exclusive but I figured those skirt and leggings would show it off better in the menu. When I can I'll get an in game shot of her whole outfit.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

What a surreal little pubbie game. There were two girls arguing over the car keys.

Girl 1: Gimme the keys, we'll go.

Girl 2: They're my keys, I'll drive.

Girl 1: You can't drive without running us into trees, I'll drive.

Girl 2: Whatever.

Girl 1: She just ran off with my keys.

Jason: HIIIIIIIIIII

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DeathChicken posted:

What a surreal little pubbie game. There were two girls arguing over the car keys.

Meanwhile it's always awesome if I've been searching for the phone house the whole game, I see a deb and just drop the fuse in front of her and we both run off to the phone house, which they always seem to know the location of. Teamwork :3

Like I promised, here's the full outfit for AJ

It's funny, a lot of the box clothing is lackluster, like lame darker recolors, but then you get things like these being the only fishnets AJ can get.

E2: Oh snap, found a challenge name list. Spoilers, of a sort, hope this isn't old

e3: Jason don't gently caress around, objective spoilers for an eventual challenge

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 14, 2018

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
A. Beaverhausen, please report to the Discord immediately. We need to have a talk.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

My name is Foxy and I approve this message.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren: WEAPON SWAPPING! WEAPON SWAPPING! :siren:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

On one hand this is super cool! On the other, now there is absolutely no reason to use some of the Jason's (Part VII).

There is never a reason to use part VII.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ghostpilot posted:

On one hand this is super cool! On the other, now there is absolutely no reason to use some of the Jason's (Part VII).

There is never a reason to use part VII.

Unless it's your favorite movie :(

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Yessssssss.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I wonder if they'll give a regular old pitchfork so the people without the Savini skin can have the fantastic kills, like one of the random ones in the VC uses.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Unless it's your favorite movie :(

Really? You poor thing.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

A.o.D. posted:

Really? You poor thing.

Oh no wait poo poo, I confused 7 and 6, my bad.

Though I do love Jason vs Carrie

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, it can't really live up to Part 6 but I liked 7. Mainly just for the funny of Jason's usual victim having superpowers and the resultant rear end kicking

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Honestly what COULD live up to part 6 though. That movie was perfect :allears:

I loved Part 8 a lot even if almost none of it involved Jason taking manhattan

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I think 7 is a bit more enjoyable than 6, it’s a bit too uneven and the campy comedy doesn’t quite work for me. I wish it was a bit more gothic, it starts off that way but drops it.

But then, I like 5 so who knows.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So this just happened in a match I played:

Was it legit? Hell no, judging by the fact his user name and that his heavily accented English consisted of 50% of the word 'loving'. He didn't get picked to play Jason, so we didn't get to see if those files are in the game, but it's obvious that some assets are already lurking in there somewhere.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Looks like there's more to come aside from weapon swapping...

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/964245811516321793

:siren: CUSTOM KEYBINDING! :siren:

It's also half-off on Steam right now!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/438740/Friday_the_13th_The_Game/

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

A.o.D. posted:

So this just happened in a match I played:

Was it legit? Hell no, judging by the fact his user name and that his heavily accented English consisted of 50% of the word 'loving'. He didn't get picked to play Jason, so we didn't get to see if those files are in the game, but it's obvious that some assets are already lurking in there somewhere.

Yeah I saw the video, Russians have figured out how to switch out Jasons.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yeah I saw the video, Russians have figured out how to switch out Jasons.

Also ran into a cheating Baghead Jason tonight.

edit: aaaaand I just had a match where 5 out of 7 counselors dropped after not getting to be Jason. Holy gently caress this game is dying.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 16, 2018

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Well, I guess we’re gonna be getting Uber Jason sooner rather than later . Looks to still be fairly early along though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=543cboCH6es

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"Because of Russian hackers Uber Jason will now be a reskinned Jason 7 who can't be stunned. Enjoy."

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Oh God, the single player looks great! Weapon swapping looks great! I just love this great game. :allears:

I'll definitely pick up the extra weapon kills now that they're not tied to specific Jasons.

edit: Looks like maybe Uber will play out as a regular Jason, unmasking and all. We still better get Part X as well.

And why is part 7 so hated? I've never had any problems when I've rolled him.

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 16, 2018

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Drunken Baker posted:

Oh God, the single player looks great! Weapon swapping looks great! I just love this great game. :allears:

I'll definitely pick up the extra weapon kills now that they're not tied to specific Jasons.

And why is part 7 so hated? I've never had any problems when I've rolled him.

He has great Sense, but is wholly incapable of chasing anybody down (due to -Shift and being unable to run) nor control space (due to -Traps). +Grip Strength is useless and +Water Speed is situationally useful at best (and if you get a map with little water, like Packanack, prepared to be real sad).

Part 8 has the same +Water Speed, but trades the +Grip Strength and +Sense for +Stalk and +Destruction (which is tied or just behind +Shift as the best Jason ability). Basically, he's Part 7 if he didn't suck.

Speaking of Destruction, I just had a thought: a Jason with that and a one-handed weapon is going to go through doors incredibly quickly since the 1-handed weapons swing faster. :raise:

But anyway, all the other Jasons feel competitive with each other and can suit a variety of playstyles. Part 7 doesn't have the strengths to offset his crippling weaknesses. If he lost -Shift, then that might be something. He still wouldn't be good, but it'd be a start.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 16, 2018

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

He has great Sense, but is wholly incapable of chasing anybody down (due to -Shift and being unable to run) nor control space (due to -Traps). +Grip Strength is useless and +Water Speed is situationally useful at best (and if you get a map with little water, like Packanack, prepared to be real sad).

Part 8 has the same +Water Speed, but trades the +Grip Strength and +Sense for +Stalk and +Destruction (which is tied or just behind +Shift as the best Jason ability). Basically, he's Part 7 if he didn't suck.

Speaking of Destruction, I just had a thought: a Jason with that and a one-handed weapon is going to go through doors incredibly quickly since the 1-handed weapons swing faster.

Eh, I've done a bit of informal research regarding that (I counted the swings) and it seems that 6 whacks to a locked door is the standard, unless you have a higher destruction, in which case I think it's like 3 or 4.

I tried it with bots because I was actually kinda curious about that and so I started counting how many hits it took to take out a standard locked cabin door.

6 seems to be that number, with maybe a -1/-2 for higher damage Jasons. I think Savini does in 4.

:eng101:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I can only imagine destruction will be tied to the Jason and it'll take a timed amount to break doors regardless of what he has.

I guess maybe I've just gotten lucky with my Jason 7 games. I thought most slow Jasons sucked until i realised they could "power walk". hahaha.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

The swings have a faster animation with the one-handed weapons than the two-handers. The two-handed weapons have more range in combat, though.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Savini with machete and Part III with machete is the end times for counselors.

Part II is on the upswing lately with these changes and I think we currently underestimate him.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Part 2 was one of my favorites early on, but I haven't played him in a while, though.

Something to keep in mind with part 2 is that with his bonus to traps and morph, he is really suited to map control. In that regard, you should prioritize the cars over the phone house. With his minus shift, he is terrible at stopping the cars once they get going. But he is fantastic at cutting off counselors on foot with morph and running them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Ghostpilot posted:

Part 2 was one of my favorites early on, but I haven't played him in a while, though.

Something to keep in mind with part 2 is that with his bonus to traps and morph, he is really suited to map control. In that regard, you should prioritize the cars over the phone house. With his minus shift, he is terrible at stopping the cars once they get going. But he is fantastic at cutting off counselors on foot with morph and running them down.

With the recent changes to pocketknife spawns, more knives, and slightly faster run speed - he is very effective early-game for objective denial.

• Locked thread