Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
There's been some data mining and it looks like there's an item coming that will allow you to instantly level a companions Influence to 50. That will give the huge crafting Conquest guilds the ability to craft a ton pretty quick.

It'll be interesting to see how much it costs - right now it's about 5 million to get a companion to Influence 50 with Fleet gifts, cheaper if you don't mind clicking for 8 hours.

There's also some rumors that Conquest is going through a revamp, so crafting may not be as big a deal as it is now. The combination of the two of those things has me clearing out my Companion gift stash right now - may not be a necessary fire sale, but figure it's safe now, potentially risky later.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

The devs are already talking about 6.0 which I imagine would be a end of this year release so they're planning at least a year out anyways.

Not sure where the story goes from here, it's time for a new big bad and story companions...Vitiate/Revan/Lana/Theron are done. It'd be nice if the rest of the 5.0 time was spent tearing down the Alliance as a sort of soft-reset because the quicker the game moves past KotFE/KotET the better.

Whatever the next story is hopefully it has less droids, less corridors, and characters who actually have a connection to the existing world.

To be honest, I'm kinda wondering if it'll be possible to skip doing KotFE/ET when whatever story arc that follows gets released because I'm just not feeling it with running some of my roster through it. While I don't see why it'd be an issue to skip it, part of me keeps thinking of how pissy Bioware gets when the playerbase isn't in full adoring it mode.

And if the guild bank still needs Dark Projects, I can see what I've been sitting on to donate. Granted I've not been on much lately, but I've put myself on hiatus aside from some futzing around on the auction house or buying on the cartel market because what I thought was 'time to get new glasses' ended up turning into 'surprise, you're developing cataracts' and I'm kinda stuck with not being able to see for poo poo until my first surgery next week.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Last year they had a giveaway to some Nvidia card owners, they're giving the armor and mount to everyone now.

quote:

PREMIUM PLAYERS GET REWARDED IN FEBRUARY – SHARE THE LOVE:

Refer friends using your personal Referral Link to earn rewards including Cartel Coins, Battle Droids and more! To find out more about the awesome referral rewards program visit SWTOR Invite A Friend.
Share your love of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ give your friends who become Premium Players by February 27, 2018, 30-days of Free Game Time when they redeem the “SWTORSHARETHELOVE” Promo Code on their account by entering it at https://www.swtor.com/redeem-code. (Codes must be redeemed by February 27, 2018 at 12:01AM PDT//8:01 AM GMT)

Plus, by popular demand, the SWTOR team is Sharing the Love with our Premium Players by giving everyone the Chiss Talon Interceptor Airspeeder and the Force Veteran’s Armor Set – these rewards will be available beginning March 1, 2018 through in-game mail.

REJOIN THE BATTLE IN FEBRUARY:

Rejoin the battle as a Premium Player by February 27, 2018 to receive rewards including 30-days of FREE Game Time added to your account when you reactivate your subscription and apply the "SWTORSHARETHELOVE" code by February 27, 2018.
Plus, receive two new in-game rewards, the Chiss Talon Interceptor Airspeeder and the Force Veteran’s Armor Set – these rewards will be available beginning March 1, 2018 through in-game mail.

We’d love it if you share your love of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ with friends who join you and become Premium Players by February 27, 2018; they can receive 30-days of FREE Game Time when they redeem the “SWTORSHARETHELOVE” Promo Code on their account by entering it at https://www.swtor.com/redeem-code. (Codes must be redeemed by February 27, 2018 at 12:01AM PDT//8:01 AM GMT)

REJOIN THE GALAXY AND JUMP INTO EXCITING NEW BATTLES

Rejoin the battle in multiplayer gameplay experiences that offer intense action; the United Forces game update significantly expanded players connection to a galactic-sized community of players making it easier than ever to join with friends, discover new guilds and reap exciting rewards
Pursue a mysterious traitor through Copero in the new story-driven Flashpoint, “A TRAITOR AMONG CHISS”.

Join the fight in the new Galactic Starfighter map as you pilot your Starfighter over the skies of Iokath in fierce 12v12 space battles.
Battle with friends against Scvya, the face of Destruction, a deadly superdroid weapon bent on your destruction – in our new Operation Boss Fight released in January.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 13, 2018

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

drat, now I wish I hadn't renewed my sub this month. COuld have let it lapse and gotten an extra 30 days.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

drat, now I wish I hadn't renewed my sub this month. COuld have let it lapse and gotten an extra 30 days.

Yeah it seems they should give subs the 30 days as well, otherwise it's rewarding people for unsubbing.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I even use nVidia cards exclusively

IncelThreadGasser
Aug 16, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Look who's returned to the official forums!

Nice to get a mention on SA!

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Hey I made that thing. Hope you guys like it.

flap flap flap

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

flap flap flap

I'm glad they decided to give it out to everyone instead of just random Nvidia card owners. I suspected they would, but you never know.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

So what do you do if you want to go counter-alignment for your side. Dark side smuggler or light side bounty hunter, for example. I've got an agent that I'm trying to push LS, but every time I complete a mission I get dark side points. From what I saw of the buckets of LS points i got running crew missions on my Jedi that's going to be an issue to.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Cyrano4747 posted:

So what do you do if you want to go counter-alignment for your side. Dark side smuggler or light side bounty hunter, for example. I've got an agent that I'm trying to push LS, but every time I complete a mission I get dark side points. From what I saw of the buckets of LS points i got running crew missions on my Jedi that's going to be an issue to.

See that circled bit. It's set to Light. Click the Dark Side Icon next to it and you will get Dark points instead of Light points and vice versa.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Ooooooohhhhh. I didn’t know that supporting the whatever side did that too. Learned a thing today.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

nonentity posted:

flap flap flap

Very cool looking thing I am looking forward to getting!

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

Very cool looking thing I am looking forward to getting!

Speaking of getting things...

I had a stand made for my Mischief & Anarchy concept blaster.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

nonentity posted:

:captainpop:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Totally reporting you to the cops, no orange plug!

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

New roadmap update posted:

quote:

Hey everyone,

I think for all of us, this Roadmap process we started last year could stand a bit of improvement. Instead of providing information every 90 days or so, it’s taking a lot longer to get you any information about what we’re planning, and honestly, that needs to change. I’m still reticent about communicating details beyond 90 days, but I do want you to be comfortable with our direction and where we are headed.

With this in-mind, we’ve decided to use the Forums as the means to get you the information about the next couple months versus waiting for a Roadmap. This will allow us to be more responsive to your questions, address your concerns, and maintain a better dialog going forward. It also helps us (especially me) to stay available and not make it seem like we’ve disappeared into the ether. Here is what you can expect in March and April this year (2018):

March 13 – Game Update 5.8 - Command Authority

Operations:
Izax, The Destroyer - The 5th and final boss from the Gods from the Machine Operation. There will be two modes with Izax; Story and Master mode. This also means we will not be offering a full Master Mode for all bosses in the Operation. This was an especially difficult decision for me to make, as I have loved the interaction between developers and our raiding community. Yet, based on what we’re planning for this year and beyond, it’s better to focus on the upcoming group content.
However, we are going to run a special Izax event for those who are worthy enough to defeat him. Everyone who does will have an opportunity to receive a new achievement, a special and unique Title, and a new and very enticing Legacy-based reward.
Note, we’ll deliver the Title and Reward when we launch Game Update 5.9 – The Nathema Conspiracy.

Conquest Revamp:
We have all enjoyed receiving our rewards each week! Ok, in reality, we’ve had our fair share of issues this past year, but going forward, we want Conquests to be a consistently fun activity for Guilds and individual participants.
As a result, we’ve made substantial improvements to the Conquest system including a new interface, new daily objectives, new missions, and more. Most importantly, we have rewritten the backend system to ensure you benefit from your weekly efforts. Look for details in an upcoming blog or forum post.
A new Conquest Vendor will appear for those who complete their personal conquests each week. It’ll initially have Decorations and a new Companion boost called the Commander’s Compendium which will increase your active companion to influence level 50. More on this below.
Companions:
Arcann Romance – Everyone’s favorite former villain has had a change of heart and may be more “available” than he was previously.
Companion Return: Vector – Imperial Agents will see the return of Vector Hyllus! Easily the best member of the Killik hivemind.
Companion Return: Ashara Zavros will return to the Sith Inquisitor’s side. How will things go with her former master?
Commander’s Compendium – Personally, I like having various companions with influence level 50 available and depending on the fight, I might want a ranged DPS, or a melee type healer, or whatever. I also like the various animations and barks from a variety of our companions. We are introducing a new companion gift that can immediately raise the influence level of your companion to 50, but it’s expensive, requires some crafting, and requires you to complete your Personal Conquest objectives before you can purchase it from the vendor.

Cartel Market: We improved the way we operated the Cartel Market last year based on your feedback. The team is looking at making additional big changes starting with Game Update 5.8. We’ll give you more details when we’re a few days away from release.

April – Game Update 5.9 - The Nathema Conspiracy
Flashpoint:
This year’s story has shown the final ramifications of the path that Valkorion first chose when he devastated Nathema, so it’s only natural that we go there to bring that story to its exciting conclusion.
We’ve added powerful new Augments for those who need additional stats to help take down Izax in Master Mode. Or, you simply want to be OP! In this new Flashpoint, we’ll provide legacy-based Crafting Patterns (Bind-on-Pickup – BOP) which will drop randomly off mobs and Bosses. If you’re one of the lucky ones, you may also find a Bind-on-Equip (BOE) version of the same patterns. We’ll follow up with the materials needed to craft the Augments.

Operations:
Izax offers an amazing new reward
We are providing a new vendor just outside the Gods from the Machine Operation offering special items to those players who have earned an achievement for killing Izax, The Destroyer.

Companions:
Companion Return: Felix Iresso – The Jedi Consular’s loyal soldier has had a rough time these last few years – can the Consular help him?
Companion Return: Mako and Akaavi - Bounty Hunters and Smugglers are reunited with this duo, who’ve been working together during the players’ absence.

Subscriber Rewards: We have a series of Subscriber promotions throughout the next few months… look for details in your email, on the Launcher, or on the SWTOR website. For example, the February Share your Love of SWTOR started yesterday and ends February 27, 2017.

Beyond April – Discussion Topic!
As we look back to 2017 and now beyond the conclusion of the traitor storyline, we are planning to continue delivering content in the same manner throughout 2018. When you look at the total year, you received a wide variety of both multi-player and solo activities including a new story, Strongholds, Starfighter updates, a new Warzone, two new Flashpoints, and a new Operation, along with many Quality of Life improvements.

We heard feedback from some of you indicating you missed having a more “traditional” expansion and you’d rather wait so it all comes at once. I like having updates released regularly versus waiting long periods of time in-between patches. Although this remains our current plan, we are also laying out what we’ll include in a 6.0 Game Update. We’ll keep you informed of our summer, fall and winter plans throughout the coming months.

We look forward to expanding more on what you can expect in 5.8, 5.9, and beyond! As often as we can, we will be around in the thread to answer your many questions about those updates. Looking forward to having some good discussions.

--- Keith

Izax is technically Story and Veteran mode but the Veteran mode is tuned to Master mode difficulty. The special Izax rewards will only be earnable in Veteran mode during the time period between 5.8 and 5.9.

Season 9 PvP should end sometime in summer but no concrete date yet. 5.9 will have some utility changes and likely skank tank nerfs.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

nonentity posted:

hot drat

I also want that saber hilt you made a few months back.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Turbl posted:

skank tank nerfs.

Which I read as let's nerf skank tanks, call it a day, and not address the underlying issues i.e. tank stats being total garbage in PvP and lack of Jugg/PT/Sin DPS survivability as to why skank tanks exist in the first place. A straight nerf to skank tanks will mean 3 less AC's that are Ranked viable at a time when you already have less than a quarter of specs being Ranked capable.

Also incoming whining about Izax rewards being VM only...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I was just going to say the same thing. Tank spec should absolutely not be out damaging DPS classes, but in trade Defense should actually stop some hits, and a good tank shouldn't have to just stack Endurance to stay alive.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
...Arcann is being made a romance option? Really? Well, I guess Kylo Ren proves that whiny baby Darth Vader wannabes with daddy issues are in...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

...Arcann is being made a romance option? Really? Well, I guess Kylo Ren proves that whiny baby Darth Vader wannabes with daddy issues are in...

Well I mean he's a protagonist through KOTET if you make certain choices, repentant for his actions. He's no crazier than Kaliyo.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Well I mean he's a protagonist through KOTET if you make certain choices, repentant for his actions. He's no crazier than Kaliyo.

I hate Kaliyo, too.

Arcann is nothing but a bad Darth Vader knockoff, like Kylo Ren. Daddy never loved me so I'll prove I'm worthy of him has never been a compelling motivation for me. If Bioware ever gave me a reason to buy Eternal Throne, I wouldn't be able to jam the "execute the idiot" button fast enough.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Turbl posted:

skank tank nerfs

https://youtu.be/N76P4h8jiow

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
You get to butcher Arcann on live television broadcast, if that’s your thing. Alternatively, you can make him kneel before Zod. I guess you can also shake hands but what kind of bitch baby does that?

genghispawn
Aug 17, 2008
THE BEYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOND

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Are you really surprised considering for how long people have been whining on the forums about wanting to romance him since KotFE/ET started? There's probably still a group wanting to have a way to romance Vaylin even after what all happens with her.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I am still of the opinion that Vaylin was more worthy of redemption than loving Arcann

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

Still waiting for that Skadge romance, though. :sigh:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

M_Sinistrari posted:

Are you really surprised considering for how long people have been whining on the forums about wanting to romance him since KotFE/ET started? There's probably still a group wanting to have a way to romance Vaylin even after what all happens with her.

Bioware.txt

Reminder that Bioware forums are the hellhole that gives us terms like "gigglesquee" and fanfic (both erotic and otherwise) that will melt your brain.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Bioware.txt

Reminder that Bioware forums are the hellhole that gives us terms like "gigglesquee" and fanfic (both erotic and otherwise) that will melt your brain.

Not to mention the chemical composition of quarian sweat!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Oh well, not like I've bought Eternal Throne yet and this news isn't giving me any desire to change that.

KOTFE really dropped the quality of story and characters in this game straight off a cliff.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

Bioware.txt

Oh God..don't remind me. I will never forget that the Bioware forums was where I had someone tell me in all sincerity that the Tuskegee Experiments were a necessary thing to do. By this point absolutely nothing would surprise me coming from the fanbase cesspit.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Bioware.txt

Cyrano, you make me gigglesquee.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

nonentity posted:

Cyrano, you make me gigglesquee.

IIRC, gigglesquee was from a dev, not a poster.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Cythereal posted:

IIRC, gigglesquee was from a dev, not a poster.

I'm a dev.

It's what devs do.

Apparently. Or whatever.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

I'm a dev.

It's what devs do.

Apparently. Or whatever.

You're an artist your not a REAL developer you've probably got a wife and have seen sun before

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

nonentity posted:

I'm a dev.

It's what devs do.

Apparently. Or whatever.

One of the devs really, really loved Vette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

quote:

Commander’s Compendium – Personally, I like having various companions with influence level 50 available and depending on the fight, I might want a ranged DPS, or a melee type healer, or whatever. I also like the various animations and barks from a variety of our companions. We are introducing a new companion gift that can immediately raise the influence level of your companion to 50, but it’s expensive, requires some crafting, and requires you to complete your Personal Conquest objectives before you can purchase it from the vendor.

I wonder if this will still be a Cartel Market item, and the availability from the Conquest Vendor was an afterthought to lessen the "pay to win" aspect.