Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My wife (29f) left me (33m) and our family (9f) (4m) 3 weeks ago for a new man (?m)who she met doing drugs. He died after being hit by a car today and she wants back.

My wife (29f) left me (33m) our daughter (9f) and son (4m) for a man she met at a party and began a cocaine binge that eventually turned into her abandoning us.

We live in a small community and today there was a truck that went out of control and hit some pedestrians one being her new bf. He died from the impact of the accident, I honesty think it's hilarious and the greatest karma ever. She's now begging to come back and I don't want her.

Is this wrong to think it's funny and good karma this man died and she's now begging for forgiveness?

TL;dr wife (29f) abandoned me (33m)and our kids (9f), (4m). Her new boyfriend died in an accident now she wants back

Nope. Lawyer up and tell her to FRO.

Though I'm guessing it's some power fantasy troll.

e: Search term 'Dakimakura'

My [20M] sister [14F] has turned into a full blown weeaboo while I was at college

quote:

So I guess this started back during my semester break in August 2017. Our parents were gone on a trip, me and my little sister were alone at home, one thing led to another and we ended up binging a bunch of anime in two weeks. She had barely seen any before so we watched a few shows that I thought she'd like, for example Ouran High School Host Club.

Well I didn't really think too much of it at the time. Then I had to go back to school over winter and just got back a few days ago after finishing my last exam for this term. She's completely different now, she constantly talks in a high-pitched voice and calls me onii-chan which is Japanese for big brother. Other Japanese phrases get included in sentences a lot by her as well, e.g. kawaii instead of cute or arigato instead of thanks.

She seems obsessed with anime at the moment. It's all she ever talks with me about, what shows she's been watching and what she thinks of them. Also she's decorated her room with anime stuff, mostly posters but she's told me that she wants to get some figures and a dakimakura soon as well. She also said that she wants to try cosplaying and asked me if I had any requests (which I don't have).

It's weird, I don't mind her being into anime, I'm kind of as well, but the degree of obsession seems a bit high and that's what worries me. How should I best talk to her about it?

tl;dr: Little sister turned into a weeaboo after I introduced her to anime a few months back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Anime: not even once.

But :lol: that she wants to dress up as an anime character for her brother.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Yeah that's going some where real weird real fast.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Theophany posted:

Nope. Lawyer up and tell her to FRO.

Though I'm guessing it's some power fantasy troll.

e: Search term 'Dakimakura'

My [20M] sister [14F] has turned into a full blown weeaboo while I was at college

quote:

So I guess this started back during my semester break in August 2017. Our parents were gone on a trip, me and my little sister were alone at home, one thing led to another and we ended up

This should never be the beginning of a sentence

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My (28F) boyfriend (30M) blew off valentines day plans to spend the night arguing with people on Facebook.

quote:

I've been with my boyfriend for four years, he's never been very into holidays in general, but he knows it's important to me. Usually he makes at least an effort.

So yesterday we had plans to go out to a nice dinner. It got later and later and still we hadn't decided on a restaurant, because he wouldn't give any opinion. He was absorbed in a huge thread in a facebook group where people were arguing about politics. He kept trying to show me the argument and explaining precisely how he was trolling each commenter and posting stupid memes.

Since he didn't care where we went, I just chose a restaurant myself. By this point I was getting really frustrated. He still made no move to get up from the couch and get changed. Every time I told him they were going to be packed and we had to leave, he'd say "just a minute." Which turned into an hour, and around 7pm I gave up and said there is no point, we'll never get a table.

He said let's just get takeout. I was inwardly upset but I called up the takeout place while he kept laughing to himself at this facebook drama.

And that was the rest of the night. He didn't care about doing anything special at all, he didn't even pay attention when I put a movie on for us while we ate. It was a movie he'd wanted to see. If I tried to talk to him about what was happening he said "what? oh yeah" and then back to the computer. He just sat on the internet trolling people like it was any other night. Snickering away the whole time. When I went to bed around 11 he was still going. Probably didn't even notice I'd left the room. I woke up, as usual, to him climbing into bed at 4 in the morning.

I feel like he cared more about arguing online than spending time together on a night he knew meant something to me. Normally I have to fight to get his attention anyway so it happening on a special occasion night made me feel extra lovely. He's constantly doing crap like this, stirring the pot on social media for amusement, getting into hours-long back and forth with people he doesn't know. I have seen him on Facebook at many points during the day when I know he's at work.

Am I reasonable to be mad about this?

tl;dr: We didn't do what we'd planned to do for valentine's day because my boyfriend couldn't get off the internet.

Hell same, but the SA forums instead of Facebook.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Haifisch posted:

My fiancé [25f] dumped me [26M] on Tuesday. Today she tells me she wants the apartment to herself tomorrow for her Valentine’s date.

Hughlander posted:

There’s a follow up:

[UPDATE- One Year Later] My fiancé [25f] dumped me [26M] on Tuesday. Today she tells me she wants the apartment to herself tomorrow for her Valentine’s date.

Oh okay I see why his girl left him. This dude is pathetic

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lol at the enchanted charm gambit

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Scent of Worf posted:

The only acceptable response is to take the day off work, put the sheets into the laundry, give all furniture to charity, and cook the most unpleasantly smelly dish you can imagine for dinner. Surprise! There's nothing left to gently caress on, and the whole appartment smells of fish and parmesan!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

I mean, it's still not right to treat huge loving sadsacks like poo poo regardless of whether you can get away with it without even being held accountable for it by yelling at them

It sounds like she had basically already left him in her head before they moved and wanted him along to help her carry her furniture or whatever

e:

Heavy neutrino posted:

The only acceptable response is to take the day off work, put the sheets into the laundry, give all furniture to charity, and cook the most unpleasantly smelly dish you can imagine for dinner. Surprise! There's nothing left to gently caress on, and the whole appartment smells of fish and parmesan!

Yeah I'd just refuse to leave and play video games really loud while they're eating (yell at children on XBox Live for playing Overwatch wrong maybe) and leave the magical charm in the toilet for one of them to find but that would require a spine

e2: the "I have nowhere to sleep" "Solve that problem yourself" part legit seems like she's daring him to grow a spine and say "ok I'm solving it by not loving leaving, suck on that", I can't get over this, why did he actually leave

loquacius fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 16, 2018

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Heavy neutrino posted:

The only acceptable response is to take the day off work, put the sheets into the laundry, give all furniture to charity, and cook the most unpleasantly smelly dish you can imagine for dinner. Surprise! There's nothing left to gently caress on, and the whole appartment smells of fish and asafoetida!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Hughlander posted:

There’s a follow up:

[UPDATE- One Year Later] My fiancé [25f] dumped me [26M] on Tuesday. Today she tells me she wants the apartment to herself tomorrow for her Valentine’s date.
At least he's happy now even if that's one sad rear end follow up.

His ex is an rear end in a top hat. Why not just go out for your valentines date a day after you broke up with your fiance you were planning a wedding with? Dang, I'd be filled with rage if someone tried to pull that poo poo on me in that situation.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 16, 2018

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

Haifisch posted:

My fiancé [25f] dumped me [26M] on Tuesday. Today she tells me she wants the apartment to herself tomorrow for her Valentine’s date.

Is it wrong that I kind of think this and the follow-up are loving hilarious

I mean yeah of course the ex-fiancee is an rear end in a top hat but goddamn dude grow a spine

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Coohoolin posted:

My girlfriend is away on holiday just now and while we both decided not to bother with Valentine's day because it's nonsense, she went online and got me a customised little keychain with a picture of my favourite mandolinist looking very silly with 90s frosted tips and pulling a ridiculous face on stage. There was no expectation of something in return, she surprised me with it, and I laughed for a full half hour because of how funny and perfect a gift it was. I'm a mandolinist and pull funny faces when I'm playing sometimes and it took absolutely no effort to put together a cute little gift that I absolutely love and probably cost more to deliver than to make.

This poo poo ain't hard.

Why do you have a favorite mandolinist

Khorne
May 1, 2002

girl pants posted:

I mean yeah of course the ex-fiancee is an rear end in a top hat but goddamn dude grow a spine
It's not wrong at all. I have a hard time imagining anyone even trying to pull that on me. Like, all you have to do is be firm while arguing and they won't even try. No one wants to go into someone's apartment they share with an ex fiance and be super uncomfortable or harassed for hours on end. That's not a good date.

I wanted to point out he seemed to have no spine and his fiance knew it, but I didn't want to send mixed signals. He even met them at the door!! You just have to say "hey soandso, you're not welcome in my apartment" and you're already flashing signals that this isn't going to be a good night. Instead he ends up in some slap fight over some sentimental charm that makes him look like a weenie.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 16, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's actually having an affair with a girl named Mandy Lynne, and has tried to explain this to his girlfriend repeatedly.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

Why do you have a favorite mandolinist

He's a mandolinist

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

maskenfreiheit posted:

are you slow? NOBODY dates in serial (only goes out with one person 24/7 with zero overlap)

Ive only dated in serial, Greg. Can you milk me?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

girl pants posted:

I kind of thought the one where the guy had knocked up his side-chick and was planning on just bringing her into his family home because his wife had signed a horrible pre-nup so she couldn't leave anyway was funny in a black-humor sort of way

This one just made me mad because I read it before drinking any caffeine but I could certainly see that angle

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Khorne posted:

It's not wrong at all. I have a hard time imagining anyone even trying to pull that on me. Like, all you have to do is be firm while arguing and they won't even try. No one wants to go into someone's apartment they share with an ex fiance and be super uncomfortable or harassed for hours on end. That's not a good date.

I wanted to point out he seemed to have no spine and his fiance knew it, but I didn't want to send mixed signals. He even met them at the door!! You just have to say "hey soandso, you're not welcome in my apartment" and you're already flashing signals that this isn't going to be a good night. Instead he ends up in some slap fight over some sentimental charm that makes him look like a weenie.

Maybe she did it because she figured he'd never leave the apartment otherwise and she'd have to legally evict him and it would end with the cops dragging his limp body to the curb while he screamed I STIIIIIIIIIILL LOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Heavy neutrino posted:

The only acceptable response is to take the day off work, put the sheets into the laundry, give all furniture to charity, and cook the most unpleasantly smelly dish you can imagine for dinner. Surprise! There's nothing left to gently caress on, and the whole appartment smells of fish and parmesan! And you've been naked the entire time.

I improved it

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

One of the worst ways of flirting ever transcribed in text, but this was my guess.

it's like basic instict, but she's pissing. what man wouldn't want her?

Heavy neutrino posted:

also, it's not illegal to be nude in your own apartment

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Inescapable Duck posted:

Plan 9: Go to the moon and get drunk.
Nice.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

girl pants posted:

Maybe she did it because she figured he'd never leave the apartment otherwise and she'd have to legally evict him and it would end with the cops dragging his limp body to the curb while he screamed I STIIIIIIIIIILL LOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUU

she got him to leave the apartment by just saying "I want you to leave the apartment", that was literally the easiest part of the entire operation

he was like "where will I sleep" and she was like "your problem", that's how easy it was for her

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

girl pants posted:

Haha, yeah. What a bitch. Show an ounce of spine, idiot. I'm glad he kind of got his poo poo together, sure, but holy poo poo dude, I'd immediately be like "Get the hell out of my apartment and take your dumbass artist fucktoy with you" as soon as she dumped me. I wouldn't try to win her back as if I'm a hapless sitcom protagonist and I definitely wouldn't let her stay after asking me to leave for her Valentine's date. Lmao. Wow.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

hapless sitcom protagonist

Didn't the thing with the necklace happen almost exactly in How I Met Your Mother

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

girl pants posted:

Didn't the thing with the necklace happen almost exactly in How I Met Your Mother

i'm shocked a pathetic excuse for a man with a raging case of oneitis recreated a scene from HIMYM

[BORAT VOICE]

NOT!

also /r/adultery has some gems if you search for "busted"

Busted by an Electronic Toll

quote:

I went to see my LD AP a couple of months ago in another city and spent the night. I usually spend the night with him and tell my spouse that I'm staying with a friend and he always believes me. But this time I traveled to a nearby city and apparently there was a loving ELECTRONIC TOLL that I NEVER SAW. Because the invoice for it came in the mail today. There is in in black and white - the location, date and time that I traveled. gently caress.

He is so upset with me. I told him that my friend and I went to the city for dinner and he said that I am clearly lying and won't talk to me until I tell him the truth. I don't know what to do.

My friend has no idea about my affair so I can't ask her to lie for me. And to make matters worse AP is coming to visit this week after not seeing each other for almost two months. He's only here for a few days. Such bad loving timing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Haha, yeah. What a bitch. Show an ounce of spine, idiot. I'm glad he kind of got his poo poo together, sure, but holy poo poo dude, I'd immediately be like "Get the hell out of my apartment and take your dumbass artist fucktoy with you" as soon as she dumped me. I wouldn't try to win her back as if I'm a hapless sitcom protagonist and I definitely wouldn't let her stay after asking me to leave for her Valentine's date. Lmao. Wow.

I think there was more to it than he let on. Sounds like she just got tired of dealing with his poo poo and knew that, him being a tremendous loving weenie, there was a very simple way to get rid of him. It doesn't tally that she would behave like that out of the blue without a history of her routinely taking advantage of the fact that he is a doormat.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Theophany posted:

I think there was more to it than he let on. Sounds like she just got tired of dealing with his poo poo and knew that, him being a tremendous loving weenie, there was a very simple way to get rid of him. It doesn't tally that she would behave like that out of the blue without a history of her routinely taking advantage of the fact that he is a doormat.

Oh, I'm sure finding some hot artist bro was her final motivation to break up with his sorry rear end after a long string of countless letdowns and disappointments, but the fact that he didn't put up a single bit of resistance to his ex bringing her new boyfriend home to bang is hilarious! :roflolmao:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 16, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Theophany posted:

they literally just moved to a new city across the country for her work earlier that month

If she was just tired of dealing with his poo poo, she could maybe have done that before doing that???? I don't know, you have to be a pretty big weenie to justify your fiancee literally not caring if you have to sleep in the street so she can get laid, less than a month after moving across the country for her

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caganer posted:

also /r/adultery has some gems if you search for "busted"

Busted by an Electronic Toll

Turns out I dont know a word to describe the combination of shitheel and pathetic thay comes from having a long distance adultery partner

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Barudak posted:

Turns out I dont know a word to describe the combination of shitheel and patheic thay comes from having a long distance adultery partner

Was Ludacris pathetic for having hoes in different area codes?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

loquacius posted:

Was Ludacris pathetic for having hoes in different area codes?

Ludacris only ringed those fine ladies up if he was already gonna be there, this lady is having an affair like your boyfriend went to a different college than you.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Oh, I'm sure finding some hot artist bro was her final motivation to break up with his sorry rear end after a long string of countless letdowns and disappointments, but the fact that he didn't put up a single bit of resistance to his ex literally bringing her new boyfriend into their apartment to bang is hilarious! :roflolmao:

the netflix series "love" features a guy like this, his gf ends up telling him she cheated to get him to dump her

Barudak posted:

Turns out I dont know a word to describe the combination of shitheel and pathetic thay comes from having a long distance adultery partner

to be fair it sounds like driving into NJ/philly from nyc or vice versa it's not like she's road tripping.

Caganer fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 16, 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

loquacius posted:

they literally just moved to a new city across the country for her work earlier that month

If she was just tired of dealing with his poo poo, she could maybe have done that before doing that???? I don't know, you have to be a pretty big weenie to justify your fiancee literally not caring if you have to sleep in the street so she can get laid, less than a month after moving across the country for her

Oh yeah, I'm not defending her behaviour at all, I just think that aside from being spineless he's also a tremendous piece of poo poo that has probably worn her down over time. He even alludes to the fact he was on a perma-downer during the whole move and moaning about how it impacts his life.

Sounds like they're both loving idiots who shouldn't have been together in the first place.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

loquacius posted:

I kind of thought the one where the guy had knocked up his side-chick and was planning on just bringing her into his family home because his wife had signed a horrible pre-nup so she couldn't leave anyway was funny in a black-humor sort of way

This one I need to see!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

This one I need to see!

It's this post

Danaru posted:

I [38M] had an affair. I'm trying to find a resolution now with my wife [36F] and the other woman [19F]

Tale as old as holy poo poo :distonk:

(the punchline is that the prenup absolutely wouldn't hold up in court)

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Theophany posted:

Sounds like they're both loving idiots who shouldn't have been together in the first place.

I wish there was a way to make this the thread subtitle or description or something because it really is the answer to every post.

By his own admission he was a huge wet blanket during the move and she resented him for it, but instead of either of them breaking up they just decided to drag it out until she finally was like "leave so I can bang this new guy in peace" lol

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

loquacius posted:

It's this post

The punch line is that it sounds like the wife has been trafficked and that's a seriously hosed up situation. I hope she gets out of it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My [22F] boyfriend [28M] posted photo of friend [27F] sitting in lap

quote:

TL;DR: boyfriend doesn't see anything wrong with photo of friend on his lap

So, some background:

Matt and I have been dating unofficially for nine months and officially for four. We kept things casual at first since we were both close to graduating from our respective programs and weren't sure where we would end up, but once we were both settled in the same city we made things official.

During this casual dating phase I met a few of his friends. One in particular, Sarah, often went out of her way to clarify that we were not official or exclusive. She also made catty comments about my profession (I love what I do, but it's certainly not as prestigious as my boyfriend's and his friends' job), my school (again, not nearly as prestigious as where they all attended), my age (I'm five years younger than them), and has just generally made condescending comments to me and rudely interrupted me. I've never made a big deal out of it because Matt's other friends are really friendly to me and I'm generally an easygoing person.

All of Matt's friends, including Sarah, recently went to a party -- I was invited but had other plans, so didn't go. A few days later, on Facebook, someone posted a photo of all the friends together at this party. Everyone is posed normally except Matt and Sarah -- he's sitting down and she has her arms and legs wrapped around him and is arching her back and kind of flipping her hair back. It clearly comes across as sexual because several people commented on the post asking what was going on or making jokes about it.

I texted Matt and asked why he thought it was a good idea to take a photo of his friend practically mounting him and he said "Are you on something? That's just a photo of friends. There's nothing wrong with it." I tried explaining to him that I found it disrespectful but he hasn't budged.

Reddit, am I overreacting here? What should I do?

Hmmm, I wonder how that worked out?

[UPDATE] My[22F] boyfriend [28m] posted photo of friend[27f]

quote:

So, after reading the responses here I felt I was being pretty rational about my concerns. I confronted my boyfriend and not only did he double down on the insistence that he did nothing wrong, but he also said some pretty nasty things. This brought up other issues we'd had and I decided to end things.

Now, almost a month later, on social media, I see he and Sarah are dating! So much for that being a normal picture for platonic friends to take, right?

Lesson learned: trust your gut, and choose a partner who respects you. I never felt secure in that relationship, but I know one day I'll find someone who cares about me and isn't quasi cheating with his friend. Being single is 100x better than being called crazy for calling out inappropriate behavior.

Tl;dr: broke up, intuition was spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

loquacius posted:

It's really sad and depressing the number of people who believe that a contract is all-powerful and can just strip their rights away with a single signature. That's not how the law works! (Except de facto it is in so many cases because the person being screwed doesn't know any better).