Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Caganer posted:

the comments from OP are even better:

Billy Connoly put it best in a stand-up routine: the only thing possible to say when someone walks in on you cranking it: thank god you're here!

Also, who are you, Caganer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

but the school wouldn't let you take the AP test if you're not in the ap class :smith:

What that sucks. Isn't it administered via College Board or whatever though anyway?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also I commented on that lord of the rings wedding guy on reddit and apparently 'dickhead' is a gendered slur so I'M SORRY.

That best man is a dickhead though. :colbert:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

tactlessbastard posted:

Billy Connoly put it best in a stand-up routine: the only thing possible to say when someone walks in on you cranking it: thank god you're here!

Also, who are you, Caganer?

A Caganer (Catalan pronunciation: [kəɣəˈne], Western Catalan: [kaɣaˈne]) is a figurine depicted in the act of defecation appearing in nativity scenes in Catalonia and neighbouring areas with Catalan culture such as Andorra, Valencia, and Northern Catalonia (in southern France). It is most popular and widespread in these areas, but can also be found in other areas of Spain (Murcia), Portugal, and southern Italy (Naples).

The name "El Caganer” literally means "the crapper" or "the shitter". Traditionally, the figurine is depicted as a peasant, wearing the traditional Catalan red cap (the barretina) and with his trousers down, showing a bare backside, and defecating.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Caganer, I always smile when you post because I just envision those nativity figurines copping a squat. I’ve been searching for years for one that meshes with my dad’s nativity set.

Isn’t the symbolism like, baby Jesus loves the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows, even the dude taking a poo poo not five feet from him?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

LadyPictureShow posted:

Caganer, I always smile when you post because I just envision those nativity figurines copping a squat. I’ve been searching for years for one that meshes with my dad’s nativity set.

Isn’t the symbolism like, baby Jesus loves the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows, even the dude taking a poo poo not five feet from him?

"The caganer was the most mischievous and out-of-place character of the pessebre's [otherwise] idyllic landscape; he was the "Other", with everything that entails, and as the "Other", was accepted, in a liberal vein, as long as he did not aim to occupy the foreground. The caganer represented the spoilsport that we all have inside of us, and that's why it is not surprising that it was the most beloved figure among the children and, above all, the adolescents, who were already beginning to feel rather like outsiders at the family celebration."

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

When I was caught taking a dump at a nativity scene, I was excommunicated from the church!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

13Pandora13 posted:

I know this is from...pages back but it revived in me a 20 year long rage.

In 4th grade I had a 106 in Science class. I was a really bookish kid in elementary school, I read at recess, etc. - a complete incorrigible nerd. Did extra credit assignments I didn't need for fun to keep my grade over 100.

This little shithead in my class who was failing, or near to, copied my test answers word for word on a chapter test and we both got 0s because "the teacher had no way of knowing who cheated" and that little bitch (gently caress you, Samantha) wouldn't confess while I was crying and begging to not give me a 0. How could you not know which of us cheated, using even a sliver of critical thought? They made me get the test signed by my parents because I "may have cheated" and my grade dropped to a 98.

The next greatest "gently caress you" I got from a teacher was my honors 8th grade history teacher (who I corrected in class because I was an aspie little poo poo that didn't know that was super bad) who refused to write me a recommendation for AP World Geography going into high school, which was required for the class (only for this AP class as the only "freshman" AP offered). Didn't matter that I never dropped below a 95 in his class, he "didn't think I had the emotional maturity for AP" (I graduated with enough AP credits to be a mid-sophomore in college so shows what he loving knew).

In short gently caress bitchy teachers who hold back kids who do well and genuinely enjoy learning just to be lovely. I wasn't good at sports and was too gangly and boob-y to be remotely accepted by most my pre-pubescent peers and being academically bright was all I had until high school when suddenly being over 5' and having boobs was totally normal and I had a bunch of really encouraging and awesome teachers :unsmith:

The fact that you are still fuming about something that happened in 8th grade suggests that maybe you still don't have the emotional maturity required for freshman AP world geography.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

therobit posted:

The fact that you are still fuming about something that happened in 8th grade suggests that maybe you still don't have the emotional maturity required for freshman AP world geography.

yeah, someone who recalls a negative experience that is relevant to the thread obviously is emotionally stunted

[borat voice]

NOT

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Caganer posted:

A Caganer (Catalan pronunciation: [kəɣəˈne], Western Catalan: [kaɣaˈne]) is a figurine depicted in the act of defecation appearing in nativity scenes in Catalonia and neighbouring areas with Catalan culture such as Andorra, Valencia, and Northern Catalonia (in southern France). It is most popular and widespread in these areas, but can also be found in other areas of Spain (Murcia), Portugal, and southern Italy (Naples).

The name "El Caganer” literally means "the crapper" or "the shitter". Traditionally, the figurine is depicted as a peasant, wearing the traditional Catalan red cap (the barretina) and with his trousers down, showing a bare backside, and defecating.

Not to be confused with El Cagatío, the log children beat so that it'll poo poo out presents.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

Not to be confused with El Cagatío, the log children beat so that it'll poo poo out presents.

ahaha i googled this and it's hilarious

wikipedia posted:

A song is sung during this celebration. After hitting the tió softly with a stick during the song, it is hit harder on the words Caga tió! Then somebody puts their hand under the blanket and takes a gift. The gift is opened and then the song begins again. There are many different songs; the following are some examples.
"Caga tió,

caga torró,
avellanes i mató,
si no cagues bé
et daré un cop de bastó.
caga tió!"
poo poo, log,

poo poo nougats (turrón),
hazelnuts and mató cheese,
if you don't poo poo well,
I'll hit you with a stick,
poo poo, log!

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

There was a story where some poor idiot's girlfriend decided that her love language was ALL OF THEM and he was kind of sheepishly going along with it.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Caganer posted:

My [26 M] roommate has turned into the roommate from hell ever since I [26 M] got together with my girlfriend [24 F]. The worst thing is that he constantly keeps his door open while streaming graphic hentai videos and pictures. Are things with my friend irreparable? Should I listen to my girlfriend?

LMFAO at calling the police because you walked into your roommate's room without knocking and he was jerking it

wait did this guy's anime roomie bring home an anime girl and his chad roomie stole her love because if so :lol:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

that sucks

i actually got sent to an alternative school for most of middle school. the assumption is that if you're troubled emotionally you must not be smart, there were no advanced classes and the work was really easy.

i got back into high school, but they wouldn't let me take anything AP. i can understand not allowing calc since they didn't really teach geometry or trig but englishwise i could have done well.

so then in college it sucked doing engineering and all these liberal arts classes... taking 15/18 credits or taking classes over the summer while other breezed by with 12

luckily now i'm a computer toucher and they can pretend they always believed in me when i visit their shithole town at christmas

I was appreciating another hard troll from maskenfrieght's pantry of goodies and then you had to drop another "god drat most boring and sad life story" from maskenfrites' dungeon of dullness.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

blarzgh posted:

I was appreciating another hard troll from maskenfrieght's pantry of goodies and then you had to drop another "god drat most boring and sad life story" from maskenfrites' dungeon of dullness.

you don't actually think that, you just think it annoys me.

(note you didn't call the other poster's story boring, because you don't have a history of getting into slapfights with her)

i just clicked ? and in 80 posts you haven't shared content. maybe :justpost: if you don't like my contributions

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 16, 2018

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

you don't actually think that, you just think it annoys me.

(note you didn't call the other poster's story boring, because you don't have a history of getting into slapfights with her)

i just clicked ? and in 80 posts you haven't shared content. maybe :justpost: if you don't like my contributions

Weeooowwweeeeoooo Post Police here to make an arrest!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

ArbitraryC posted:

It's never used that way in healthy relationships and every post about it is either one extreme of "I suck at everything but do one good thing for my partner, why don't they respect my love language" or the other "my partner does so much for me but I feel neglected because they don't do the one thing, why don't they respect my love language?"

In an ideal world it'd be used to identify what other people do that suggests they love you, but in r/relationships it's always about what they aren't doing that suggests they don't love them.

On the other hand, your entire exposure to the concept is from the hosed-up relationship forum, so there's a sampling bias in your experience here.

Me and my gf hav discussed love languages before and concluded "I'm glad we both appreciate each other", and also I have never posted about this functional dynamic on reddit.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Weeooowwweeeeoooo Post Police here to make an arrest!

read that in a mr meseeks voice

My [28 M] brother [22 M] thinks his Rick and Morty impressions are good but everyone makes fun of him for it behind his back. How can I break it to him gently?

quote:

I'm just going to keep this short, really. My brother introduced me to R&M during season 2's run. It's a fun show. He's really into it. He's also really into doing his Morty and Mr. Meeseeks impressions.

He does them every chance he gets. Parties. Out in public. Seeing anything remotely Rick and Morty related. No one has the heart to tell them they're not only not even close, but really tough on the ears. So much to the point that it sends our dogs into barking fits.

He seems to be fairly proud of the impressions. He does other impressions too, some of which are great, others miss the mark. But these are just getting too much. I feel like an idiot for this but the second hand embarrassment is getting to be a bit much.

Is there any way I can tell him to just knock it off entirely without crushing him? He's not a sensitive guy but he doesn't taking criticism well to begin with.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My fiancé [25f] dumped me [26M] on Tuesday. Today she tells me she wants the apartment to herself tomorrow for her Valentine’s date.

quote:

I’ll try to keep this short because I’m so stunned I think I’ve stopped being able to process things. I’ve [26M] been with my fiancé [25F] for 4 years. We’ve been engaged since last year and actively planning the wedding.

Last month, we moved to a new city across the country because my fiancé got an amazing job offer. I wasn’t happy about it since I had to quit my job and all our family and friends were in the city we left. I was kind of a jerk during the moving process, but I’ve come around since getting here.

My fiancé kept talking about this guy [late 20s maybe?] she worked with at her new job, and it made it me uneasy. I went to a few after-work events where he showed up, and he seemed like a total rear end in a top hat. Very full of himself artistic type. I didn’t like the way he interacted with my fiancé and we would occasionally fight about it.

Tuesday night she got home really late, sat me down and broke up with me. She said she felt an immediate bond with this coworker that’s stronger than anything she’s ever felt before. This from the woman who just a few months ago I held in my arms while watching the stars as she told me she’s never felt more at peace than when she’s beside me. I laid awake on the couch all night feeling like I was continually being punched in the stomach.

I didn’t fall asleep until 3:00pm yesterday, and stayed asleep until this morning when she woke me up. Basically, she’s having this rear end in a top hat over for valentines day and demanded she get the apartment to herself.

Between the move, all the deposits we had been putting for wedding stuff, and not having a job since we moved out here, I have literally no money for a hotel or anything else. We got into a big fight because I called her out and said she knew I had nowhere else to go. She said that’s not her problem, she’s done solving my problems for me (what???!) and that I needed to fix this one on my own.

I guess his roommate is having a date over so my fiancé offered our place for her date with the rear end in a top hat. She says this is happening no matter what I say.

So yeah. What the hell am I supposed to do?

TL;DR: After uprooting me from my home town a month ago, my fiancé dumped me on Tuesday, and is now demanding the apartment to herself tomorrow for a date with this rear end in a top hat artist from her new job. I have no money to do anything else.

Edit: I appreciate everyone telling me I should stand my ground. I told my fiance I wouldn't leave the apartment, but I don't think it's a threat I can carry through with. I will be emotionally devastated if I have to watch the woman I love and care for more than anyone else date someone right in front of me in my own home. Other suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit 2 Thank you so much everyone for all your suggestions. I can't keep up with all the comments, it's almost overwhelming given everything that's going on in my life right now. I'm going to take a walk and try to clear my head. I just can't bring myself to tell my family and friends what's happened. It feels so embarrassing. I like the ideas about trying to reach a compromise. I have a lot to think about

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Haifisch posted:

My fiancé [25f] dumped me [26M] on Tuesday. Today she tells me she wants the apartment to herself tomorrow for her Valentine’s date.

There’s a follow up:

[UPDATE- One Year Later] My fiancé [25f] dumped me [26M] on Tuesday. Today she tells me she wants the apartment to herself tomorrow for her Valentine’s date.

quote:

I’ve [27/m] spent the last year working very hard to improve myself. Now that it’s Valentine’s Day again, I was thinking about what a dark place I was in last year. I didn’t have the strength to post an update back then, but now that I’ve had some time to heal, I wanted to let everyone know how I’m doing.
Thank you all to everyone who helped. You were the only support I had last year, and it meant the world.
It looks like my original post was deleted. I can still see the text when I log in so here is the old tl;dr:
After uprooting me from my home town a month ago, my fiancé dumped me on Tuesday, and is now demanding the apartment to herself tomorrow for a date with this rear end in a top hat artist from her new job. I have no money to do anything else.
Part of the reason I didn’t update afterward was because I was extremely embarrassed with how things turned out. It’s only because of some intense therapy that I’m able to be honest and ok with telling this story.
Basically, I decided to make one last big attempt at winning her [26/f] back.
Right after we got engaged, my ex had a close relative succumb to a longtime illness. This relative was very happy that she lived long enough to see us get engaged. When my ex was a child, this relative had given my ex a charm that she wore ALL the time. A few months after the relative died, my ex lost the charm, and it was like the relative died a second time.
As we packed up the apartment to move to the new city, I found the charm. Rather than give it back immediately, I decided that I would keep it in a safe place and surprise my ex with it at our wedding. I thought it would be a meaningful way to include this relative in a moment where she would be deeply missed.
Somehow, I got in my head that if I showed her the charm on Valentine’s Day, she’d remember everything that we shared and that I could cut through whatever fog she was caught up in.
I was under the impression that my ex would come home after work by herself to get the place ready for her date. I was planning to use this alone time to give her the charm and either win her back, or lose decisively and leave before her date showed up. But instead, she showed up with the rear end in a top hat from her job. That threw me through a loop big time, and it was INCREDIBLY awkward. He was patronizing. She became LIVID that I “stole” her charm. I struggled to articulate myself. It was the most embarrassed I’ve ever been.
I got out of there and literally walked around all night until it got so cold I couldn’t stand it any more. I went back to the apartment building around 4am, and in what was a personal low point, fell asleep in the hallway outside our apartment.
But that was the low point. There have been high points since then. I was able to move back to my hometown, and my old employer gave me my old job back. I even met someone else and we dated for a while. We just broke up though. It sucks to be alone again on Valentine’s Day, but I’ve learned it’s ok to be sad every once in a while. And compared to last year, this year is practically a celebration. Therapy gave me a wonder perspective on life and some great coping skills for when times get difficult.
As for my ex, I heard she married the rear end in a top hat guy from work. Her sister would text me occasionally, and apparently her family hates the guy. Whatever, it’s not my problem any more.
Lastly, I want to thank everyone on reddit, sincerely. People offered to buy me a ticket home. Other people offered to hang out with me if we happened to be in the same city. Some people even offered just to skype with me so I could have someone to talk with. Even though I didn’t respond, your messages meant so much to me. Thank you.
Tl;dr: I tried to win my ex back, it ended terribly. My life is mostly back to normal again.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like usually the updates are nice but this one makes the dude look so pathetic I have no idea why he would air it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Caganer posted:

My [26 M] roommate has turned into the roommate from hell ever since I [26 M] got together with my girlfriend [24 F]. The worst thing is that he constantly keeps his door open while streaming graphic hentai videos and pictures. Are things with my friend irreparable? Should I listen to my girlfriend?

LMFAO at calling the police because you walked into your roommate's room without knocking and he was jerking it

quote:

hands down his pants, and masturbating furiously.

This is a very weird way to jerk off. :sever: with John until he becomes the dick screamer we all know he can be.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Caganer posted:

oh boy searching for "door open" pulled up some gems, first one incoming:

My [24 M] friend [24 F] is leaving the toilet door open. We are not in a relationshipNon-Romantic

i picture his female friend as the rapist from peep show

Looks like LBJ is enjoying his reincarnation as a millennial woman in her twenties.

Caganer posted:

Me [26F] with my roommates 27M & 27F. They will not leave me alone in the bathroom.Non-Romantic

Ugh, I can understand having someone ask a question if you're in the shower, but being bothered while on the can is loving awful.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Bogus Adventure posted:

Looks like LBJ is enjoying his reincarnation as a millennial woman in her twenties.

Ugh, I can understand having someone ask a question if you're in the shower, but being bothered while on the can is loving awful.

i'd just make a voice like i'm one of those porno guys who has to talk to his wife on the phone while the secretary blows him

"oh yeahhhhhh... i know where the remotteeee isss ah yes yes yes"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Bogus Adventure posted:

this doesn't bother me at but I would think the polite request would be enough

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Caganer posted:

My [24 M] friend [24 F] is leaving the toilet door open. We are not in a relationshipNon-Romantic

Start pissing in the sink.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Caganer posted:

The comments on this one are all kind of odd, the highly rated posts are all "maybe she thinks nothing of it and you're the weirdo for looking". OP has specified that it's a tiny apartment, he doesn't go into her room, and the bathroom she frequents is within eyeshot of the entire living room.

maybe it's a fetish

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

maskenfreiheit posted:

ahaha i googled this and it's hilarious

The videos of kids pounding on logs are great. You know, I've been wanting to change up our Christmas routine--maybe this is just the thing to try. People singing "poo poo out my gifts now, Uncle Log" is better than those tired old carols.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

this doesn't bother me at but I would think the polite request would be enough

My bladder and sphincter are shy and clam up when people talk to me while I'm trying to pee or poo. At my current workplace, people talk to me at the urinal. It sucks so hard because I can't piss until they stop. :negative:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

ArbitraryC posted:

The comments on this one are all kind of odd, the highly rated posts are all "maybe she thinks nothing of it and you're the weirdo for looking". OP has specified that it's a tiny apartment, he doesn't go into her room, and the bathroom she frequents is within eyeshot of the entire living room.

maybe it's a fetish

She wants to gently caress OP

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

lol in my freshman ap world geography class my teacher pulled me aside after a test and fed me the correct answers to a question i got wrong. it was under the guise of "not being sure what i had bubbled" but i was too dense to understand what they were doing. i just kept saying that i meant to fill in the wrong answer. after being asked like five times whether i actually meant to answer A instead of B i gave in and told them "sure, i guess that's what i answered then." and they told me that i got it right and scored a 70.

the moral of the story is that y'all nerds should have tried less hard.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
What the gently caress went on in that region back in the day? I guess there was maybe the Inquisition, but I don’t think that explains beating poo poo logs for candy while chanting about it.

I think the caganer has an additional element of grounding the nativity scene in reality. Not only did heaven and earth not stop to mark the birth of mankind’s savior, life carried on as it always has. That includes the dude round back of the stable taking a fat, steamy poo poo. Hell, Jesus poo poo on himself all of the time for a while. That’s what babies do.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bubblyblubber posted:

Why are you telling HR about your massage parlour handjobs, you weirdo?

Can I (33f) buy myself flowers if my fiancé (32m) didn’t on Valentine’s Day?

psshhhh look at this loser who's never put a handie on the company card

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Who wants to help me decipher this mess of sibling drama?

My sister [31/F] excluded my twin and I [26/F's] from our other sister's [30/F] birthday plans in March. My twin is not going, and I agreed to go but the more I think about it the angrier I get.

quote:

My sister Casey turned 30 in January. For months prior my twin Shelly, and older sister Adrian and I were all planning her bday, as it was supposed to be a big deal because she was turning 30.

The original plan was to fly to San Francisco for a week. We all had plenty of time to save and make arrangements. As I was spending a few days looking into airbnb's for us, Adrian called and said SF would be too expensive. I understood it'd be expensive so asked what else we should do for a surprise.

We came up with the idea for a weekend in NYC. I've been there plenty of times because it's only a few hours driving from home, and Casey has never been, so I was left in charge of working out the details. As I was looking into airbnb's again, Adrian one day texted in our sister's group chat "Hey Casey what if we all went to Boston for ur bday?".

Me and Shelly both saw and agreed that it was hosed up to not consult us and then change the plan like that. But fine, it was about Casey. I called Adrian and asked why she did that and she said that she thought Casey would be too anxious in NYC. Casey IS an anxious person, so I relented even though it was annoying she didn't talk to us as we all were planning.

One day Shelly got angry and called me and told me to look at our group chat, as Adrian was making it seem to Casey that she was planning Casey's bday all herself. She was texting and saying stuff like, "Don't worry, I'm planning a great bday for you :)". I was trying to play devil's advocate and saying it wasn't THAT big of a deal to try to calm Shelly, but she was already pretty angry that Adrian had been ruining every plan we set in motion all without Casey's knowledge.

So eventually Boston also got cut. Casey finally vocalized she wanted to go to some event in our hometown (we all live in different cities and hometown is close to Boston and halfway between us). We were disappointet she just wanted to spend a night home for her bday but it's what she wanted.

Two weeks before her bday Adrian called and said that she didn't think we should go to the event and should find something else because Casey didn't seem thrilled about going.

So me and Shelly kept searching desperately to find something. As time started ticking down nothing got set up like the other plans we had. Adrian told us that she was just gonna take Casey out to dinner and we should come. Due to the short notice we had no way to get to them so they just went out with their husbands.

I ended up finding a day on the weekend after he bday to meet her for lunch.

In between that though, me and Shelly were talking to Adrian about how we were upset nothing was happening for Casey's bday now. Adrian ended up saying she was taking Casey to a resort in March for her bday. I'd like to add, they are staying for one night and it's only less than an hour away from where they live. Me and Shelly started asking why we weren't told about this or invited. Adrian got on the defensive and started saying she intended on inviting us and it had just been planned "that day" and she just forgot.

Shelly wasn't buying it. I kept prodding because I could tell Adrian was lying and had no intention of inviting us even though we all had been planning Casey's bday, and we only found out after prodding and being sad that we all weren't doing anything. Adrian kept insisting she planned on inviting us. She even called me, something she does rarely, and started asking how I was and what was going on in my life, but I could tell she was doing it to see how mad I was because she couldn't tell via texting. I asked more questions and she kept saying she intended on inviting us etc etc over and over.

Fine. I decided to not press any further and agreed to go the resort. Shelly did not agree and is not going and is still pretty annoyed by it.
I talked to Casey about how her bday was and she told me it was fine but she was disappointed that we all didn't go to that event in our hometown. Again, Adrian had mislead us because she didn't want to do the plan we had set.

The other day Adrian called me to work out the details of going. I told her I took a day off work to travel to meet them near where they live and the next day we'd all go to the resort (me, Casey, Adrian, and their husbands). During this conversation Adrian told me that at check in I'd have to stay in the car because she only booked for 4 people (them and their husbands) and I'd have to sneak in.

So. Clearly, as was obvious, she had no intention of inviting us and then lied about it when she got caught.

Also during this conversation she told me that because she paid for the resort I had to buy them all dinner to earn my keep.

I sort of was silent and processing it all, but had to go because I was at work.

Now I've been thinking about it and I REALLY don't want to go. I want to celebrate with Casey but I'm really angry at Adrian.

She ruined every plan we set forth, was taking credit for finding stuff to do even though she hadn't done anything, and then made a plan without us and without intention of telling us and Casey has no idea any of this was happening.

And honestly, it's a really loving lame plan. We had these great plans and plenty of time to execute them but Adrian kept ruining it. She never travels anywhere unless it's to her husband's family's house in Florida. So her big birthday plan ended up being taking Casey to a resort literally an hour from their house, and one Casey has already been to before. Plans went from San Francisco, to NYC, to Boston, to a gala thing Casey wanted to do, to an hour from their house for one night.

So what do I do? Do I not go? I guarantee if I say I'm not going, Adrian is going to turn it around on me and guilt me for "ditching". But if I go, I'm going to have to sneak around and pay for dinner for all of them even though I wasn't even loving invited. I had to literally catch Adrian in the act to get invited.

I'm pretty angry about it right now.

TL;DR: Sister ruins bday plans for months for other sister, finally sets plan without telling my twin and I and only invited us after getting caught. Not sure if I should even go.

Plan one: Go to SF. Nixed by Adrian.
Plan two: Go to NYC. Nixed by Adrian in an underhanded manner (plans meant to be a secret; instead, messages sister openly in group chat as though it was solely her idea)
Plan three: Go to Boston. Nixed by Casey (the eldest sister whose birthday it is).
Plan four: Go to their hometown for an event. Allegedly nixed by Casey, actually nixed by Adrian.
Plan five: Casey and Adrian have dinner, excluding the twins. This happens.
Plan six: Casey and Adrian go to a resort together, excluding the twins. This is yet to happen.

Don't you love sisters?!?!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Plan 9: Go to the moon and get drunk.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Did she not ever call casey and ask her what's up? Make solid plans? I'm a little confused why all communication seemed to go through group chat or adrian.

Caganer posted:

She wants to gently caress OP
One of the worst ways of flirting ever transcribed in text, but this was my guess.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Did she not ever call casey and ask her what's up? Make solid plans? I'm a little confused why all communication seemed to go through group chat or adrian.

One of the worst ways of flirting ever transcribed in text, but this was my guess.

I'd have gone with "It's her fetish."

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

maskenfreiheit posted:

are you slow? NOBODY dates in serial (only goes out with one person 24/7 with zero overlap)

if you decide not to date someone and that reason is their sexual activity then you are slut shaming, period, end of story. you really should familiarize yourself with the current discourse on sex negativity and the patriarchal attempts to sex shame as a form of control

This is just the dumbest poo poo.

I'm not biting, just pointing it out. hth

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

maskenfreiheit posted:

are you slow? NOBODY dates in serial (only goes out with one person 24/7 with zero overlap)

if you decide not to date someone and that reason is their sexual activity then you are slut shaming, period, end of story. you really should familiarize yourself with the current discourse on sex negativity and the patriarchal attempts to sex shame as a form of control

i;mg ay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My wife (29f) left me (33m) and our family (9f) (4m) 3 weeks ago for a new man (?m)who she met doing drugs. He died after being hit by a car today and she wants back.

My wife (29f) left me (33m) our daughter (9f) and son (4m) for a man she met at a party and began a cocaine binge that eventually turned into her abandoning us.

We live in a small community and today there was a truck that went out of control and hit some pedestrians one being her new bf. He died from the impact of the accident, I honesty think it's hilarious and the greatest karma ever. She's now begging to come back and I don't want her.

Is this wrong to think it's funny and good karma this man died and she's now begging for forgiveness?

TL;dr wife (29f) abandoned me (33m)and our kids (9f), (4m). Her new boyfriend died in an accident now she wants back