Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
A black-red land that enters the battlefield untapped sometimes and isn't named Badlands is fifty bucks now.

Sweet monkey Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
And I thought they were expensive when they were $7 each a year ago.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Thisuck posted:

And I thought they were expensive when they were $7 each a year ago.

Three years ago.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Star Man posted:

A black-red land that enters the battlefield untapped sometimes and isn't named Badlands is fifty bucks now.

Sweet monkey Jesus.

Blood Crypt's $15?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's Blackcleave Cliffs ya dinguses

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Star Man posted:

Three years ago.

Holy poo poo it's been that long since I built modern dredge >_<

Also for the Faerie Jace deck, I took out 2 of the Inquisitions and replaced them with 2 Collective Brut in the main and 2 in the side, on the advice of another goon, will try that at FNM tomorrow.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Gave a little more thought to my BBE Ponza idea last night, and also saw a spell-heavy Ponza decklist which led me to this rough draft-

5 Forest
1 Kessig Wolf Run
2 Mountain
1 Sheltered Thicket
4 Stomping Ground
4 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills
3 Arbor Elf
2 Beast Within
2 Birds of Paradise
3 Blood Moon
4 Bloodbraid Elf
3 Goblin Dark-Dwellers
3 Inferno Titan
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Molten Rain
2 Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
1 Primal Command
4 Stone Rain
2 Stormbreath Dragon
4 Utopia Sprawl

Sideboard:
1 Acidic Slime
2 Ancient Grudge
1 Blood Moon
2 Kitchen Finks
3 Mizzium Mortars
2 Pithing Needle
2 Scavenging Ooze
2 Thragtusk

E: Does BBE clash as badly with Beast Within as I think it does?
E2: This seems like maybe a better version of what I'm trying to do? The thought of cascading BBE into Anger makes me sad though.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 17, 2018

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Star Man posted:

Sweet monkey Jesus.

When Jund was big before (BBE and Deathrite) they were $30+.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

EvilBeard posted:

When Jund was big before (BBE and Deathrite) they were $30+.

Are you sure?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I'm protesting my inability to resolve Jace's at FNM tonight by bringing the 27-lightning-bolt deck. :( The plan is to finish rounds fast and try to bait people into testing for next week.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

That's the average price. I've had them since they were $3 in standard, but I remember my friend buying into them for some non Jund deck and being tilted that they were close to $30.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Well i took the threads advice and bought and sleeved up gb tron. I didnt have time for any practice aside from goldfishing mulligans and reading some articles. My first ever game of modern and with the deck was a last chance trial for lyon today. I went 3-1 losing in the finals to hollow one. Game 1 was unwinnable, he attacked me for 13 on turn 3 after he won the coinflip. Game 2 was almost ok but i bricked draws for a couple of turns and lost to an army of bloodghasts, phoenixes and an angler not long after. The deck is easy to play so the lines to victory are easy to see, mulligans seem to be the most important part followed by sequencing. No byes for the main event but I feel pretty good about it anyway.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Did Jace and Bloodbraid destroy modern yet?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Thisuck posted:

For modern D&T, I've seen some lists that run Smuggler's Copter. Have anyone tried that yet and how good does it feel with those?

Also the mono-white Eldrazi list looks pretty good. I'll give that a try when I get home later, and unsleeve my SFM that I put in there in hopes of an unban :smith:

copter is really good against fair decks but awkward against people doing unfair stuff quickly. I like it better than Selfless Spirit because it gives you the same hedges against sweepers and removal but has a lot more upside when it sticks around. Not good enough for B/W but mono white or white + eldrazi have inspectors and bladesplicers that need something to do.

Gonna go to GP Hartford and torn between White and White with the eldrazi splash. I feel like TKS vs. Resto depends so much on which decks you face that it's just a coinflip as to which one is better.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Lightning Lord posted:

Did Jace and Bloodbraid destroy modern yet?

They aren't legal online yet, but early testing from a lot of pros and Modern people are pretty consistently portraying Jace as the best thing you can do for 4 mana by a pretty wide margin.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

little munchkin posted:

copter is really good against fair decks but awkward against people doing unfair stuff quickly. I like it better than Selfless Spirit because it gives you the same hedges against sweepers and removal but has a lot more upside when it sticks around. Not good enough for B/W but mono white or white + eldrazi have inspectors and bladesplicers that need something to do.

Gonna go to GP Hartford and torn between White and White with the eldrazi splash. I feel like TKS vs. Resto depends so much on which decks you face that it's just a coinflip as to which one is better.

I think resto might be the way to go after the unbans... TKS feels so bad against GBx decks like Jund. Plus flickerwisp/angel stuff is pretty effective against tron and control.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

They aren't legal online yet, but early testing from a lot of pros and Modern people are pretty consistently portraying Jace as the best thing you can do for 4 mana by a pretty wide margin.

SOs miracles deck looks sweet but I'm not buying any more collonafes until M25 is spoiled.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I'm protesting my inability to resolve Jace's at FNM tonight by bringing the 27-lightning-bolt deck. :( The plan is to finish rounds fast and try to bait people into testing for next week.

So... Burn? Or a different deck?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Stangg posted:

Well i took the threads advice and bought and sleeved up gb tron. I didnt have time for any practice aside from goldfishing mulligans and reading some articles. My first ever game of modern and with the deck was a last chance trial for lyon today. I went 3-1 losing in the finals to hollow one. Game 1 was unwinnable, he attacked me for 13 on turn 3 after he won the coinflip. Game 2 was almost ok but i bricked draws for a couple of turns and lost to an army of bloodghasts, phoenixes and an angler not long after. The deck is easy to play so the lines to victory are easy to see, mulligans seem to be the most important part followed by sequencing. No byes for the main event but I feel pretty good about it anyway.

can I peep your list? I'm looking to add this to my rotation as well

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

can I peep your list? I'm looking to add this to my rotation as well

Sure.

4 urzas mine
4 urzas tower
4 urzas power plant
2 llanowar wastes
2 blooming marsh
1 sanctum of ugin
1 horizon canopy
1 forest

4 karn liberated
2 ugin, the spirit dragon

1 walking ballista
1 ulamog, the ceaseless hunger
1 world breaker
2 wurmcoil engine

3 fatal push

4 ancient stirrings
4 sylvan scrying
2 collective brutality

4 chromatic star
4 chromatic sphere
4 expedition map
2 relic of progenitus
3 oblivion stone

Sideboard
1 pithing needle
2 thragtusk
1 wurmcoil engine
2 warping wail
4 thoughtseize
1 collective brutality
1 relic of progenitus
3 nature's claim

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

They are legal online, I'm currently 2-0 in a league with my jashiok list above.

Also, Jace is still Pretty Good.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

All those other 4 mana things in the format.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Archenteron posted:

So... Burn? Or a different deck?

Burn, indeed.

a lot of pros and Modern people are pretty consistently portraying Jace as the best thing you can do for 4 mana by a pretty wide margin.

Really? I've only been watching Hoogs, but he's consistently made comments like "well here's another deck I love which cannot beat the card Valakut" while playing Miracles. Given that modern has a bunch of win-the-game 4-drops, I can see an argument that Jace is the most fun thing to do with 2UU, but that's different than "best use of 4 mana in the format".

We'll see. I am trying to be skeptical because I want Jace to stay legal in the format; have been having hella fun with Augur Miracles and the deck just got a lot better (at least, in matchups where it was already okay to favored; Burn is still gonna suck, and I think Burn is gonna be everywhere at least for a while).

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Watching Jeff Hoogland and treating his opinion seriously, your first mistake.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

All those other 4 mana things in the format.

finally, Thrun gets his day in the sun

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

finally, Thrun gets his day in the sun

Got my copies last night :science:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I am unironically excited about the chance to use Thrun again. One of my favorite GP's memories is playing one maindeck right after Nahiri came out and people were on jeskia Nahiri, getting in a topdeck war with a jeskai player and slamming Thrunn off the top. All he said was "uh, wow" and died 3 turns later.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I have one (1) thrun in the sideboard of stompy and that's probably all i'll ever own

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
I'll probably going to try 2 in the board of Bant Knightfall, specifically for the mirror.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

will these unbans keep all the rogue Sylvan Advocate decks in check, or are they gonna have to reprint Strip Mine?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Jace decks can't beat Valakut? I'm glad I decided to take apart RG Titan Breach then :negative:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Y'know which Jace deck can realistically beat Scapeshift? Faeries.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Sampatrick posted:

taking turns

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Blue moon

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Bant Spirits

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Sampatrick posted:

Please explain sir.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Thisuck posted:

Please explain sir.

The big mana sorcery speed deck does not like Mistbind Clique

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

Bant Spirits

extremely tilting that jace's phantasm is not a spirit, unlike Kataki, War's Wage

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

TheKingofSprings posted:

The big mana sorcery speed deck does not like Mistbind Clique

Ah, I was thinking the cheap tempo plays with Bitterblossom and Spellstutter easily counter Scapeshift or Titan. Totally forgot about Mistbind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Thisuck posted:

Ah, I was thinking the cheap tempo plays with Bitterblossom and Spellstutter easily counter Scapeshift or Titan. Totally forgot about Mistbind.

Well, Bitterblossom also happens to be a fantastic clock but yeah, Mistbind is great and Spellstutter is good at either slowing down or sometimes nailing their Scapeshift. Hitting Titan is somewhat harder but still doable. You also have Cliques which also happen to be amazing. I still wouldn't call it a favorable matchup but it's much easier for Faeries compared to most of the other blue decks outside of maybe Blue Moon.