Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
by the time your kid is 16 you've pretty much missed the boat on instilling good habits

this poor fat bastards parents put him on a lovely diet out of their own self guilt and it will do nothing but ruin their relationship with their son lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
maybe he just doesn't like weddings

i would stall a wedding like crazy but if she was like "lets just get married and go to paris" id be like oo la la

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Caganer posted:

Personally I find the REAL gems are in /r/legaladvice. Nothing more American that looking to sue to solve a minor interpersonal dispute.

Are my parents legally allowed to restrict my diet? [Washington]
(self.legaladvice)

1500 is absolutely miserable at 6'1 if he isn't a twig. If he's in PE and does at least one thing outside of school he'll be much happier on 1800-2k. "1 meat" is also a really ignorant restriction but "1 bread" is a good one. I hope he's getting enough fat and protein.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 16, 2018

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

JaneError posted:

He's a goon so prolly not

I was actually addressing the OP directly while pretending she could hear me, but if that is in fact something you posted to the weddingbee forums, then feel free to apply that wisdom to your own goonfriend

maybe try hiding the ring in a bag of Cheetos

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Admiral Ray posted:

go back to a terrible diet as soon as they get a job that can sustain it.
I'm pretty sure the parents would be ok with this. They told him he can eat more if he gets a job and pays for more food, so I think they're ok with just one of not fat or not lazy.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

girl pants posted:

I was actually addressing the OP directly while pretending she could hear me

What an outrageous conceit!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I'm pretty sure the parents would be ok with this. They told him he can eat more if he gets a job and pays for more food, so I think they're ok with just one of not fat or not lazy.

lol at the parents who can't think of a better plan to motivate their lazy teenager than starving him

"remember kayden, you get breakfast on fridays if you get an A in math!"

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I really enjoyed the dead relative charm story, it's so wonderful

"I know you've made plans to gently caress someone else today... but I'll cast a spell on you!"

*holds up charm, a bright light fills the room*

hahahaha for gently caress's sake

Like this dude genuinely sat down and made a list

Step 1. Show charm
Step 2. This will bring up memories of dead relative
Step 3. Using the transitive formula from Algebra 2 we can determine that this will lead to memories of being in love
Step 4. At that point she'll cancel her date with Chad who is T minus 5 minutes to come over and gently caress her
Step 5. We go back to being in love

"No reason it shouldn't work let's give it a shot" *holds up charm like He Man busting out sword*

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Man, my brother and I were fat little piglets as kids; so our parents signed us up for a year-round competitive swim club when I was eight.

Seems like the parents could have cut him off at the pass years ago.

The parents def need to take him to a dietician and/or nutritionist though

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 16, 2018

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ham Sandwiches posted:

"I know you've made plans to gently caress someone else today... but I'll cast a spell on you!"

Step 1. Show charm
Step 3. Using the transitive formula from Algebra 2 we can determine that this will lead to memories of being in love
Step 4. At that point she'll cancel her date with Chad who is T minus 5 minutes to come over and gently caress her

"No reason it shouldn't work let's give it a shot" *holds up charm like He Man busting out sword*

To me, it sounded more like this:

Step 1: Show charm.
Step 2: She'll be super happy!
Step 3: She'll be so happy she loves me again!
fin

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I like how he was saving the charm for the wedding, hahaha, hey it's a happy day and here's your dead relative's charm

Like that's the weirdest loving thing why bust out the charm in the middle of your wedding in the first place, what the gently caress??

however, that was not what fade had in store

the charm would be pressed into service in far more dire circumstances :911:

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Not a r/rela post, but I was searching for the original of that pre-nup arsehole post and came across this gem from the Telegraph's advice column

I had an affair and now I'm stuck with the 'other woman' - how did this happen to me? posted:

I have messed up and don’t know how to get out of it. I was happily married for 15 years and a proud dad. But at an office party I ended up kissing a colleague. Afterwards, I tried to make it clear I wasn’t interested but somehow she and I began sexting and sharing explicit photos. I wanted to end it but it was a thrill and ego boost. Then my wife found out and left me. I was very shocked and begged her for a second chance. She refused. I tried to win her back by making her jealous. I told her if she left me I would start dating the woman from work. I didn’t actually plan to do it, but my wife saw this as evidence that I was not to be trusted.

Next thing I knew, the woman from work started acting like we were an item. I have ruined my chances with my wife, but would like her to forgive me. The woman from work is nice but she’s not a patch on my wife and now I’m stuck with her. She keeps telling me how she’s always had a thing for me and can’t believe we’re finally together. She was meant to be a no-strings flirt. I was meant to be married. I’ve no idea how all this happened.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
lmao

"Somehow" we ended up sexting

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
We've all had it happen. You try to take a picture of some work related document but accidentally use the front facing camera and send a pic of your rock hard dick.

Oh tried to win her back by making her jealous, hahahahahahhahahahha eat poo poo idiot.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

girl pants posted:

lmao

reminds me of this gem:

Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking My Cock?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

girl pants posted:

lmao

I was just in the bathroom taking dick pics and as if possessed by satan himself my fingers just started sending!!!

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED? I'M MEANT TO BE MARRIED!!! :qq:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

dudeness posted:

We've all had it happen. You try to take a picture of some work related document but accidentally use the front facing camera and send a pic of your rock hard dick.

Oh tried to win her back by making her jealous, hahahahahahhahahahha eat poo poo idiot.

I guarantee he tried to make wife jealous by sending messages to the other woman about how they can finally be together, not just making vague threats to his wife about it. That's why the other woman is under the impression they were together now. Jesus.

How does someone go through life being perpetually not responsible for their own actions?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

It's cool how each sentence of that post is an escalating descent into stupid poo poo and the mix of exposition / matter of fact attitude is

:discourse:

15 years gone and it took 226 words to describe the entire arc from "married" to "lol"

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Physicists hate him! Middle-aged Dad discovers SHOCKING laws of causality!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Caganer posted:

a prenup that says "lol u get nothing" won't fly since there is no consideration

Look, I'm really sorry about this...

WELL ACTUALLY

They're generally called "premarital agreements" now, and their enforceability is dependent on what state the parties are in - as a rule, there is no requirement of consideration for a prenup to be enforceable, other than the mutual promise to be married.

I think about half of the states have adopted the standard code for premarital agreements where this is the case, and most - if not all - of the rest have substantially similar laws to the same effect.

Galaxy Brain
Dec 13, 2017

by Lowtax

blarzgh posted:

WELL ACTUALLY

They're generally called "premarital agreements" now, and their enforceability is dependent on what state the parties are in - as a rule, there is no requirement of consideration for a prenup to be enforceable, other than the mutual promise to be married.

I think about half of the states have adopted the standard code for premarital agreements where this is the case, and most - if not all - of the rest have substantially similar laws to the same effect.

What does "consideration" mean here?

2 to 3 Cats
Dec 17, 2009
Me [34 M] with my wife [27 F] of 4 years, backed out of a threesome, hasn't spoken to me since.

I don't know where to start. When we first got together it was clear that I had more sexual experience than her, but that was all well and fine. I communicated my needs early on and was very upfront about what I need sexually in a LTR, so was she. I thought everything was fine and dandy, it's not like I've developed some new kink in the past few months.

So one of those things was threesomes, obviously it's nothing I'd force a woman to partake in, but I clarified early on that this was one of those things I would need from a long-term partner and I thought she was on the same page.

The past 5 years have been incredible, we are extremely compatible in every way and our sex life has (up until recently) been extremely satisfying to us both.

Through the years, we've spiced it up with lots of different things, but the threesome just never came to be. Which is fine, like I said, I'm not going to force her to do anything. The past few months, though, our sex life has grown a bit stagnant and I've suggested revisiting the threesome idea.

One night, out of nowhere we were just hanging out and watching a movie, she said she wanted to try it. Needless to say, I was ecstatic. I started asking her how she wanted to find the other girl and she seemed to not want much to do with that part of things. I suggested we went to a bar or club and tried to pick up a woman together, so that we could both have a say in who it was and both be attracted to her. She said that was a bit bigger of a step than she could take, hitting on a woman in public basically, which I get, so we decided I would go by myself, let her know the deal and if she was into it, bring her back to our house.

All seemed great, wife even bought some new lingerie for the occasion, which we set for Valentine's Day, seemed like a fun, spicy and adventurous way to spend the holiday.

First, the two of us got dinner, then I kissed her goodbye and skipped off to find our threesome buddy. Here's where my story takes a rather embarrassing turn. It took me a bit longer than I was anticipating to find someone. Not a big deal, I was just out on the hunt til a bit later than I expected, but I eventually found an attractive enough girl who was a bit sloppy but all over me and just lit up when I mentioned my wife at home and the threesome.

I text my wife to let her know we're on our way but don't get a response - not unusual as we aren't big texters, sending the occasional "I'm on my way" or "Grab milk please" so her lack of response wasn't really a red flag of any kind.

We get up to our flat and all the lights are off, I'd set up some candles before I left and not only did she not light them but she actually put them all away. I asked the girl to wait in our living room and found my wife sleeping in bed. I gently woke her up with some kisses, apologized for being late, and asked her to come out into the living room, describing the girl waiting for us. She kissed me and said she was tired, that I could go on without her and she'd just rather sleep.

Now, polygamy was something I've always thought about, and I'm not going to pretend that over the past 5 years I haven't fantasized about loving someone other than my wife, so when the chance presented itself to me, I'll admit I may have been a bit too enthusiastic. On my way out she wished me a happy Valentine's Day, which I took to mean that this was my present.

The girl and I ended up loving a few times and passing out on the couch.

I woke up the next morning, girl was there, wife was gone. I'm worried sick, she's not at her mom's or her sister's, her phone is on but she won't answer my calls or my texts. I'm absolutely devastated, I had no idea how much this would hurt her and as you all can see I thought she was on board for everything. She said it was all okay so I don't really get how she gets to act like this now.

Reddit, what do I do?

tl;dr: Wife and I set up a threesome which she backed out of. She's now ghosting me and hasn't spoken to me in 2 days.

:thunk:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

2 to 3 Cats posted:

Me [34 M] with my wife [27 F] of 4 years, backed out of a threesome, hasn't spoken to me since.

I don't know where to start. When we first got together it was clear that I had more sexual experience than her, but that was all well and fine. I communicated my needs early on and was very upfront about what I need sexually in a LTR, so was she. I thought everything was fine and dandy, it's not like I've developed some new kink in the past few months.

So one of those things was threesomes, obviously it's nothing I'd force a woman to partake in, but I clarified early on that this was one of those things I would need from a long-term partner and I thought she was on the same page.

The past 5 years have been incredible, we are extremely compatible in every way and our sex life has (up until recently) been extremely satisfying to us both.

Through the years, we've spiced it up with lots of different things, but the threesome just never came to be. Which is fine, like I said, I'm not going to force her to do anything. The past few months, though, our sex life has grown a bit stagnant and I've suggested revisiting the threesome idea.

One night, out of nowhere we were just hanging out and watching a movie, she said she wanted to try it. Needless to say, I was ecstatic. I started asking her how she wanted to find the other girl and she seemed to not want much to do with that part of things. I suggested we went to a bar or club and tried to pick up a woman together, so that we could both have a say in who it was and both be attracted to her. She said that was a bit bigger of a step than she could take, hitting on a woman in public basically, which I get, so we decided I would go by myself, let her know the deal and if she was into it, bring her back to our house.

All seemed great, wife even bought some new lingerie for the occasion, which we set for Valentine's Day, seemed like a fun, spicy and adventurous way to spend the holiday.

First, the two of us got dinner, then I kissed her goodbye and skipped off to find our threesome buddy. Here's where my story takes a rather embarrassing turn. It took me a bit longer than I was anticipating to find someone. Not a big deal, I was just out on the hunt til a bit later than I expected, but I eventually found an attractive enough girl who was a bit sloppy but all over me and just lit up when I mentioned my wife at home and the threesome.

I text my wife to let her know we're on our way but don't get a response - not unusual as we aren't big texters, sending the occasional "I'm on my way" or "Grab milk please" so her lack of response wasn't really a red flag of any kind.

We get up to our flat and all the lights are off, I'd set up some candles before I left and not only did she not light them but she actually put them all away. I asked the girl to wait in our living room and found my wife sleeping in bed. I gently woke her up with some kisses, apologized for being late, and asked her to come out into the living room, describing the girl waiting for us. She kissed me and said she was tired, that I could go on without her and she'd just rather sleep.

Now, polygamy was something I've always thought about, and I'm not going to pretend that over the past 5 years I haven't fantasized about loving someone other than my wife, so when the chance presented itself to me, I'll admit I may have been a bit too enthusiastic. On my way out she wished me a happy Valentine's Day, which I took to mean that this was my present.

The girl and I ended up loving a few times and passing out on the couch.

I woke up the next morning, girl was there, wife was gone. I'm worried sick, she's not at her mom's or her sister's, her phone is on but she won't answer my calls or my texts. I'm absolutely devastated, I had no idea how much this would hurt her and as you all can see I thought she was on board for everything. She said it was all okay so I don't really get how she gets to act like this now.

Reddit, what do I do?

tl;dr: Wife and I set up a threesome which she backed out of. She's now ghosting me and hasn't spoken to me in 2 days.

:thunk:

I love these stories.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Admiral Ray posted:

I love these stories.
every time lmao

2 to 3 Cats
Dec 17, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

I love these stories.

OP makes some good points :thumbsup:

Mistymorningsun • [score hidden] • submitted 45 minutes ago
Erm....if wife backs out of threesome, you back out of threesome. All you did was gently caress a random chick in a different room while your wife was sleeping. On Valentine's Day.

O.o

throwawayvday11111 • [score hidden] • submitted 28 minutes ago
It was her suggestion that I go on without her, I would never have done that if she hadn't okayed it first.

megnificent12 • [score hidden] • submitted 21 minutes ago
You made a relationship-ending decision based on the word of someone who was still mostly asleep?

throwawayvday11111
• [score hidden] • submitted 20 minutes ago
Well actually, since it was her decision, SHE made an apparently relationship-ending decision while mostly asleep.

megnificent12 • [score hidden] • submitted 19 minutes ago
You chose to gently caress Rando Girl on the couch your wife watches Netflix on, my man. Pretty sure the decision is all on you.

throwawayvday11111
• [score hidden] • submitted 19 minutes ago
She chose to back out of the threesome and she chose to suggest I continue without her.

megnificent12 • [score hidden] • submitted 11 minutes ago
Are you suggesting she didn't have a right to back out? Or are you saying you would have left her if she did?

She didn't make you gently caress someone else. Whether or not she was lucid and whether or not she said OK, you should have known better. And you can keep rationalizing your behavior to everyone in this thread, but we're not the ones with a spouse who ghosted us. Does that suggest anything to you?

throwawayvday11111 • [score hidden] • submitted just now
Of course not, I'm just saying that if this was so apparently relationship-ending to her, then maybe she shouldn't have suggested it in the first place.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
whoops

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Galaxy Brain posted:

What does "consideration" mean here?

Consideration means you can't enforce a contract that says "You will give me 10 million dollars" that contract needs to be written so the person giving 10 million gets something in exchange for the 10 million.

A contract has to meet certain tests to be enforceable

The "all pre nups are invalid due to lack of consideration" poster misunderstood consideration, the marriage is the consideration, ie, you sign the pre nup, you get married

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Good job cheating on your wife in the living room.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

2 to 3 Cats posted:

She kissed me and said she was tired, that I could go on without her and she'd just rather sleep.

*ross*

SHE SAID HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Caganer posted:

Personally I find the REAL gems are in /r/legaladvice. Nothing more American that looking to sue to solve a minor interpersonal dispute.

Are my parents legally allowed to restrict my diet? [Washington]
(self.legaladvice)

I like how fat kid thinks in America people have a right to food.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

blarzgh posted:

WELL ACTUALLY

So would a super lopsided prenup actually hold up? I feel like we've seen similar stories where it didn't.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

2 to 3 Cats posted:

OP makes some good points :thumbsup:

Mistymorningsun • [score hidden] • submitted 45 minutes ago
Erm....if wife backs out of threesome, you back out of threesome. All you did was gently caress a random chick in a different room while your wife was sleeping. On Valentine's Day.

O.o

throwawayvday11111 • [score hidden] • submitted 28 minutes ago
It was her suggestion that I go on without her, I would never have done that if she hadn't okayed it first.

megnificent12 • [score hidden] • submitted 21 minutes ago
You made a relationship-ending decision based on the word of someone who was still mostly asleep?

throwawayvday11111
• [score hidden] • submitted 20 minutes ago
Well actually, since it was her decision, SHE made an apparently relationship-ending decision while mostly asleep.

megnificent12 • [score hidden] • submitted 19 minutes ago
You chose to gently caress Rando Girl on the couch your wife watches Netflix on, my man. Pretty sure the decision is all on you.

throwawayvday11111
• [score hidden] • submitted 19 minutes ago
She chose to back out of the threesome and she chose to suggest I continue without her.

megnificent12 • [score hidden] • submitted 11 minutes ago
Are you suggesting she didn't have a right to back out? Or are you saying you would have left her if she did?

She didn't make you gently caress someone else. Whether or not she was lucid and whether or not she said OK, you should have known better. And you can keep rationalizing your behavior to everyone in this thread, but we're not the ones with a spouse who ghosted us. Does that suggest anything to you?

throwawayvday11111 • [score hidden] • submitted just now
Of course not, I'm just saying that if this was so apparently relationship-ending to her, then maybe she shouldn't have suggested it in the first place.

Man, this guy had one answer in mind and really doesn't wanna hear the other one

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

. On my way out she wished me a happy Valentine's Day, which I took to mean that this was my present. 

This guy doesn't get sarcasm, does he

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

loquacius posted:

Man, this guy had one answer in mind and really doesn't wanna hear the other one

Doesn't that threesome seem more important than his marriage to him? Not being sarcastic actually, I have a feeling the dude made the right choice to do the dumb stuff and end it now, and the wrong choice was getting married in the first place

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

quote:

[–]domoem
[score hidden] 51 minutes ago
Sounds like your wife put up with your expectation of threesomes all this time because you made it a clear condition of being together. She tried, realized she couldn't do it, and when you were all too eager to sleep with another woman without your wife involved she realized what she'd gotten into.

Hopefully she does what's best for her in the long run. Seems obvious that you happily ignored her cues that the situation was not one she was comfortable with. She deserves better.

quote:

[–]throwawayvday11111
[S] [score hidden] 28 minutes ago
So she lied to me. If she wasn't okay with this she should have said so years ago.

If this guy isn't and MRA already he will be soon.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
So, do we believe that Wifey said "oh no honey, please go ahead and bed the stranger you brought home" ?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Doesn't that threesome seem more important than his marriage to him? Not being sarcastic actually, I have a feeling the dude made the right choice to do the dumb stuff and end it now, and the wrong choice was getting married in the first place

Maybe he shouldn't be married at all I guess, but he didn't seem to be unhappy in the marriage and also didn't actually have a threesome

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Like it 100% sounds they shouldn't have been married, dude was absolutely serious about wanting a poly bride and she said she was on board with it and then it turns out she wasn't and now the narrative is that he's suddenly a dick for being serious about it in the first place.

I think poly people are total loving idiots but if people express clearly they want [x] for 5 years and you pretend you're on board with it but really not, then how else is it going to end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Step 1. Show charm

In addition to giving away the furniture like the others suggested, the dude should have shat on a plate, placed it in the middle of the livingroom and planted the charm on top.