Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

belief in the sanctity of an election is extremely important to a functioning democracy (which, admittedly, the usa has not been for some time now)

it's why clinton made such a big deal of getting trump to concede that he'd accept the results if he lost and not contest the election

if the widespread view of an election becomes that it's a sham then you're about an inch away from either needing to form a new government or submitting to total elite control

Which is why if it ever comes out that Russia, or anyone else, actually changed any votes it would be a really big loving deal.

That they did ad buys for buff gay Bernie coloring books on the other hand... meh. Who gives a poo poo. The USA interferes at that level or higher in basically every election in every country in the entire world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

chicken butt

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

if the widespread view of an election becomes that it's a sham then you're about an inch away from either needing to form a new government or submitting to total elite control

bad news

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i hope you guys theorizing about the smart way to respond to this, to avoid catastrophe, realize everyone in power is going to do exactly the opposite because they're insanely stupid and corrupt

USA going down baby

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thoguh posted:

Which is why if it ever comes out that Russia, or anyone else, actually changed any votes it would be a really big loving deal.

That they did ad buys for buff gay Bernie coloring books on the other hand... meh. Who gives a poo poo. The USA interferes at that level or higher in basically every election in every country in the entire world.

I know and agree, I'm just reminding some people about why this is getting so much attention at the federal level

part of ensuring widespread belief in electoral sanctity is fighting back against even the small influence attempts instead of shrugging and going "what can you do?"

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

GalacticAcid posted:

whatever this poo poo's boring who cares
It's the SUCK ZONEINTERNET RESEARCH AGENCY, LLC, colleague!

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SKULL.GIF posted:

I know and agree, I'm just reminding some people about why this is getting so much attention at the federal level

part of ensuring widespread belief in electoral sanctity is fighting back against even the small influence attempts instead of shrugging and going "what can you do?"

what? why do you think the government cares about the sanctity of our elections?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/964610456030621696

https://twitter.com/MnMEnterprises/status/964610687514406912

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Decorum of our elections

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

chicken butt

:eyepop: big if true

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

nah posted:

ban the police, give everyone free guns provided by the state
:yeah:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Zhulik posted:

Personally, I'm just incredulous as to why it's news that governments meddle in each other's elections. Like, am I supposed to be mad that a country other than the united states is dumping dark money into someone else's elections? Should I be upset that the good american oligarchs and their paid-for politicians are being cucked? After all, they spent decades cultivating a miserable, ignorant, paranoid and hysterical populace for their own, personal, exploitation, not someone else's.

Like, I require serious help understanding why I'm supposed to give half a gently caress about this.

It matters because everything Russia touches turns to poo poo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
america hasn't had a legitimate election ever since anyone with a slightly left of center idea is immediately met with HOW YOU GONNA PAY FOR IT by criminally loving dishonest newspeople, that immediately go into ACCORDING TO THE BIPARTISAN INSTITUTE FOR DEFICIT REDUCTION spiel, refusing to acknowledge that this "bipartisan" org is funded by a right wing billionaire and pushes nothing but draining all of america's social services and giving trillion dollar tax cuts to the wealthy

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Man Musk posted:

It matters because everything Russia touches turns to poo poo

I didn't realize carter was russian

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
i support legal gun ownership for every member in good standing of dsa but that's it

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Seriously, though, if it's uncovered that russia changed vote tallies in voting machines, then it's an isolated problem that can be addressed directly with any number of ways to make voting more secure and that's all well and good.

Literally any solution anyone could come up with to stop the dastardly slav from making a social media account and compromising our elections by tweeting a pepe @hillaryclinton will solve absolutely nothing and only be used to ban the cum town podcast in 2020 for seditious thought.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:confused: With the current thread title, "Internet Research Agency LLC", is this a place to post all my secured borders memes?

Full Album

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Remember when Hillary had no personality and then her consultants had an interview with (i think the NYT) where they said they were working on it and were going to unveil her new personality or something like that?

poo poo like that was probably more damaging to mother's campaign than some russian clickbait.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mister Fister posted:

Remember when Hillary had no personality and then her consultants had an interview with (i think the NYT) where they said they were working on it and were going to unveil her new personality or something like that?

poo poo like that was probably more damaging to mother's campaign than some russian clickbait.

agreedo

i still think russian meddling is Bad and Should Be Punished but also this would have never happened with like, any other candidate. a wet sock would have won against trump lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mister Fister posted:

Remember when her whole staff got stumped on how to pitch her reason for running?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

agreedo

i still think russian meddling is Bad and Should Be Punished but also this would have never happened with like, any other candidate. a wet sock would have won against trump lol

i agree, o'malley would have won

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

anime was right posted:

agreedo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian posted:

Remember when her whole staff got stumped on how to pitch her reason for running?

that episode makes me mad because it would have been really easy to cast hillary as a stern matron who will get things organized and put the government into its place after the republicans threw a tantrum and gridlocked the government over the last 6 years

instead hillary made sure to surround herself with only the brainless loyalists without a speck of ingenuity or cleverness or even self-awareness

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I sometimes wonder if Trump's appeal to the CHUDs was what made him get the most votes of any republican ever, or if it was their visceral hated of Hillary

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

zegermans posted:

I sometimes wonder if Trump's appeal to the CHUDs was what made him get the most votes of any republican ever, or if it was their visceral hated of Hillary

why_not_both.gif

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Seriously, how do you stop a cursed baby boomer images account paid for by russian oil money from delegitimizing our elections by posting a picture of hillary with horns and a hitler mustache, without the same mechanism then immediately being deployed to silence any dissenting opinion in general?

And more importantly, how the gently caress does your thought process immediately go to "we need to stop russia from photoshopping a swastika onto obama's forehead and posting the picture online to save our democracy" and not to "holy poo poo how did we end up with a country full of people whose opinions can be swayed by a rage comic of yao ming voting for the R candidate, this needs to be fixed asap".

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

instead hillary did this:

https://i.imgur.com/glCQVXK.gifv

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mister Fister posted:

I remember reading a story that after the pussy tapes came out, Hillary had stopped focusing on the election and just assumed victory at that point. I'm sure this action and story had no effect either lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zhulik posted:

Seriously, how do you stop a cursed baby boomer images account paid for by russian oil money from delegitimizing our elections by posting a picture of hillary with horns and a hitler mustache, without the same mechanism then immediately being deployed to silence any dissenting opinion in general?

And more importantly, how the gently caress does your thought process immediately go to "we need to stop russia from photoshopping a swastika onto obama's forehead and posting the picture online to save our democracy" and not to "holy poo poo how did we end up with a country full of people whose opinions can be swayed by a rage comic of yao ming voting for the R candidate, this needs to be fixed asap".

people don't want to confront the hard truth that it was the people who got hacked, not the machines. you can't fix what's wrong with our society, so they choose to ignore the problem or push it off onto something else

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

the podesta emails had way more influence than random lovely russian facebook memes but for some reason that's still a huge mystery

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

really queer Christmas posted:

I remember reading a story that after the pussy tapes came out, Hillary had stopped focusing on the election and just assumed victory at that point. I'm sure this action and story had no effect either lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

her ownage was so absolute though, almost art.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
You can fix the issue with people but education overhaul has only bad actors circling

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

this might be the single funniest hillary headline, god drat

i wish we could just tweet this to her twitter account every single day until the death of the universe

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"Dewey defeats Truman" had nothing on Hillary's hubris.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

papa horny michael posted:

You can fix the issue with people but education overhaul has only bad actors circling

lust for zuck death

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i support legal gun ownership for every member in good standing of dsa but that's it

Means tested fundamental rights. The succ is strong with this one.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

BraveUlysses posted:

this might be the single funniest hillary headline, god drat

i wish we could just tweet this to her twitter account every single day until the death of the universe

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

that episode makes me mad because it would have been really easy to cast hillary as a stern matron who will get things organized and put the government into its place after the republicans threw a tantrum and gridlocked the government over the last 6 years

instead hillary made sure to surround herself with only the brainless loyalists without a speck of ingenuity or cleverness or even self-awareness

yeah hillary actually running as a brutal head-cracker who would lay down the law (which is much closer to her actual personality) and not trying to be our abuela (which was fake as hell) would have stolen a lot of trump's own thunder (since a lot of people wanted to vote for a strongman) and let her win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

that’s the one lol. I remember getting a bit upset at that story. now it’s loving hilarious lol

• Locked thread