Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Picked it up, so did my friends and we opened our evenings up tonight so should be fun.

Really liking the change of pace created by chaos and rats. I assumed fighting regular chaos guys would just be flavor, but their attacks are different enough that it changes your tactics. Also the new special enemies are all very tough!

Theres also a talent system locked to your levels, which makes charcter builds viable too, which I think is a nice addiiton. Havent gotten much in levels obviously but looking forward to that.

My biggest gripe is that you no longer get a text notification when someone kills a special vermin. If the creature isnt tagged blue it can be hard to know if it's dead. Im hoping thats just a beta thing though.

Also, it crashes a lot when selecting quick play but I assume that'll be fixed and hope it wont cause any issues with playing with friends tonight

overall if you liked the first game, this ones that and better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
elf is really good period mechanically, the hagbane continues to be the most overpowered thing in the game by a country mile and her spear's charge attack gives you a speed boost and is spammable, so you can literally walk forward faster than your allies and you therefore get first dibs on all tactical positions when they're most organized. if you play with someone that truly understands and uses her advantages like Lune you might as well just AFK and come back for the loot because the only thing you're going to be contributing is moral support. this isn't true with any other character as far as i've seen so far; you can still feel helpful even when playing with someone a lot better than you because you can keep up and their ranged weapons are good for some subset of things so furballs are inevitable.

kerillian's hagbane can literally erase an oncoming horde before they hit a team that's standing its ground and her spear, on top of being good, lets her move substantially faster than anyone else so you can't even really have fun handling random groups of enemies; the elf will always get there faster and will have most of them sorted out by the time you even arrive.

so in summary, willie is correct: even when the elf is good, the elf is bad.

e:

Madcosby posted:

My biggest gripe is that you no longer get a text notification when someone kills a special vermin. If the creature isnt tagged blue it can be hard to know if it's dead. Im hoping thats just a beta thing though.
the event log for stuff like that is now in the upper right (where most people don't look), doesn't have any audio alerts, and is graphical instead of text-based. i understand the reason for making it graphical - that's an entire class of system alerts and stuff that no longer need to be localized. that makes sense. the other two changes are a lot harder to excuse. if a special goes down i need to know about it and i shouldn't have to be tracking a log that far away from my center of vision.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 16, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Madcosby posted:

They've replaced the text with little portraits of the character and the special killed that come up on the top left of your screen. Keep an eye out for them next time.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Bogart posted:

Did y'all play Lead and Gold? That was pretty neat.

I'm still waiting on Bionic-arm mechanics to make their way to Vermintide

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
im not gonna say what I've seen because you break the deal you face the wheel, but I will say in an open ended fashion Rest In Piss you stupid user-curated Google Doc of guesstimated damage values of certain weapons against certain targets.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Because you get your name into Fatshark's book of grudges if you break it.

Bogart posted:

Did y'all play Lead and Gold? That was pretty neat.

Fatshark is in my book of grudges for not making L&G 2.

Though admittedly like ten people played the first one so maybe it wouldn't be a great financial decision.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

im not gonna say what I've seen because you break the deal you face the wheel, but I will say in an open ended fashion Rest In Piss you stupid user-curated Google Doc of guesstimated damage values of certain weapons against certain targets.

nothing about that is guesstimated and what exactly is stupid about it

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Digirat posted:

nothing about that is guesstimated and what exactly is stupid about it

The need for it to exist, if I'm reading his post correctly.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Pendent posted:

The need for it to exist, if I'm reading his post correctly.

Yes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Knowing your hits to kill on everything is good

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
for some people perhaps

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Enjoying the poo poo out of the massively increased enemy (and boss!) variety. Playing on normal it's usually rats or chaos, one or the other, but once you start playing on hard they get mixed together real quick.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This game is very cool and good.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Digirat posted:

Knowing your hits to kill on everything is good

The clear implication is that we get some sort of in-game information about the damage different weapons deal

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Game is good, but It is a bit crashy on my system. Haven't been able to finish a mission due to it. Hopefully, it's just an old build

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raged posted:

Game is good, but It is a bit crashy on my system. Haven't been able to finish a mission due to it. Hopefully, it's just an old build

I found running it in DX12 was less crashy on my GTX1080.

edit:

I've found that running on medium settings with lighting set to high + txaa makes the game run crash free for me.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 17, 2018

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So what is power? Is it essentially a gear score type thing or does increasing your power increase your damage?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Madcosby posted:

So what is power? Is it essentially a gear score type thing or does increasing your power increase your damage?

I don't know I will test it out on the training dummies.

Edit seems to be the same.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 17, 2018

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I found two trinkets with stats like
A: Power 40, -22% damage taken from Skaven
B: Power 30, -28% damage taken from Skaven

and there's no info about what power is, afaik. If its going to be treated like a gear score tool, seems its already broken. It'd be nice if they could tell us what it is

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Madcosby posted:

I found two trinkets with stats like
A: Power 40, -22% damage taken from Skaven
B: Power 30, -28% damage taken from Skaven

and there's no info about what power is, afaik. If its going to be treated like a gear score tool, seems its already broken. It'd be nice if they could tell us what it is

According to previous interviews and a bit of interpretation on my part, I think Hero Power is supposed to be some kind of damage amalgam stat that takes the place of increased damage on individual weapons. I think it might be threshold based though so a few points here or there doesn't seem to translate directly into more damage.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I thought it was supposed to be a difficult level gate thingie?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

ZearothK posted:

Then what's the point of a white 5 power vs a white 10 power trinket?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

ZearothK posted:

I think it is also that, but is meant to keep you from punching too high above your weight class.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Saraiguma posted:

One is better than the other while still remaining in a specific tier of powers, I suppose. The example above looked like a tradeoff between higher power and an increased damage reduction.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ravenfood posted:

One is better than the other while still remaining in a specific tier of powers, I suppose. The example above looked like a tradeoff between higher power and an increased damage reduction.

white trinkets don't have affixes though, so if it's just to gate difficulty then the power on trinkets is completely meaningless, isn't it?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Whatever power is, discussing it gets you booted from the beta.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

just got home

played for 20 min

:)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Statutory Ape posted:

just got home

played for 20 min

:)

Got you now, you NDA-violating fucker

The Fatshark kill-teams are en route as we speak

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Hero power is just Gear Score from games like Destiny or The Division. Difficulties are gated to these. Ostensibly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lunethex posted:

Hero power is just Gear Score from games like Destiny or The Division. Difficulties are gated to these. Ostensibly.

I feel like your damage does rise from having a higher hero power rating.

I am doing more damage on the dummies then I used to. Once I upgraded all my gear with higher power stuff.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Saraiguma posted:

A higher total powerlevel straight up increases your damage output

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Still constantly crashing. Did get to finish one mission which was great. Every other single one crashed to desktop. Running a 980(latest drivers) and 6th gen i7 so it's not that. I also have run the gambit of video and sound settings. Hope the next beta is more stable for me.

Would post about the crashes on the official steam forum, but it seems they did not grant access to everyone.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Raged posted:

Still constantly crashing. Did get to finish one mission which was great. Every other single one crashed to desktop. Running a 980(latest drivers) and 6th gen i7 so it's not that. I also have run the gambit of video and sound settings. Hope the next beta is more stable for me.

Would post about the crashes on the official steam forum, but it seems they did not grant access to everyone.

yeah if you got access to the closed beta by buying the game you can't access the official forum and have to subsist on the steam bug report and feedback forums. they are about as useful as you'd imagine :shrug:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Having to change to a character to swap their gear is bad as hell

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Game is alot of fun. I like the changes to loot. Can you have multiple of the same class in a game, if they are different careers? All voices are played for me at like a higher frequency so they sound like chipmunks, revalidating the installation did nothing.

Fishstick posted:

A higher total powerlevel straight up increases your damage output

I didn't notice this. It seemed just to let you join higher difficulty games. There's a training dummy you can hit to test it out in the keep. Nm it kinda does just not by alot. 103-146 added 50 dmg per hit on to 600 dmg.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 17, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Raged posted:

i'm not sure what to say other than that it's disagreeing with something specific about your setup, because i'm running the game on outright worse specs with everything set to low. it's not PERFECT by any means but there's been no actual crashes.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm not sure what to say other than that it's disagreeing with something specific about your setup, because i'm running the game on outright worse specs with everything set to low. it's not PERFECT by any means but there's been no actual crashes.

Game straight up crashes for me on DX12 but runs fine on DX11. I have a GTX 970.

Tenzarin posted:

Game is alot of fun. I like the changes to loot. Can you have multiple of the same class in a game, if they are different careers? All voices are played for me at like a higher frequency so they sound like chipmunks, revalidating the installation did nothing.

No, only 1 person may constantly call everyone else mayflies.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
just noticed that in the settings the default upload speed is 512kbps, it's probably worth everyone upping this to 2Mbps.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I was running game on dx12 fine, whats the difference between that and 11? (1080ti)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I caved and preordered. Game good. I'm bad though.

• Locked thread