Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BraveUlysses posted:

somehow they missed seattle's worst intersection:

just a 7 street intersection nbd

Double roundabout this poo poo. Kinda like they did here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Teeter posted:

These are the roads you share with people. I've had a good time exploring some of these abominations in Google Earth (and a less than good time exploring some of the LA ones for real).

That's a really lovely job of the 110-105 interchange

The separate carpool lane flyovers are pretty sweet if you're going to the airport from the downtown area. Also, yes there is a light rail going through the middle of it too.

jamal fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 15, 2018

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

drat, that's pretty big.

I don't have anything that massive by me but boy oh boy is the Rt. 4/Rt. 17 interchange a gigantic clusterfuck:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Double roundabout this poo poo. Kinda like they did here.

lol, like there's room for that

here's the location so you can see it in street view

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...!4d-122.3498443

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

jesus is there not even a traffic light there?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Teeter posted:

These are the roads you share with people. I've had a good time exploring some of these abominations in Google Earth (and a less than good time exploring some of the LA ones for real).

Source is some redditor's Etsy store.

Looks like a bunch of Norse runes

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

BraveUlysses posted:

lol, like there's room for that

here's the location so you can see it in street view

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...!4d-122.3498443

drat this one is good, holy poo poo. Here's another one, a 6-way stop sign in Beverly Hills

Location in Street View

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Looks like something from some 80s future-dystopia movie.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sleepy.eyes posted:

Looks like something from some 80s future-dystopia movie.

Most of those were filmed in Los Angeles, yes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jamal posted:

The separate carpool lane flyovers are pretty sweet if you're going to the airport from the downtown area. Also, yes there is a light rail going through the middle of it too.

Oh poo poo, this is the one they used in La La Land, right?

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Teeter posted:

drat this one is good, holy poo poo. Here's another one, a 6-way stop sign in Beverly Hills

Location in Street View

Guerrilla traffic engineering idea: put an inflatable Arc de Triomphe in the middle of it.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Whiz Palace posted:

Guerrilla traffic engineering idea: put an inflatable Arc de Triomphe in the middle of it.

Good lord, just do something to make it a roundabout.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The right turn lanes had a yield sign (the rest of the intersection was still signaled, they just turned off the left-turn-only lane signals), and even if it didn't, right turns on red are legal and common here. It was just really difficult to dart across the 3-4 lanes without driving like a total douche or crossing a double white line during peak hours (which gives Plano cops a hard on, they love to write tickets for crossing a double white and changing lanes too quickly). Add the combination of timid old ladies and aggressive BMW drivers.

There were a lot of wrecks from people trying to pull out into 55-65 mph traffic and get over, but since they no longer happened at the actual intersection, it made the city's stats look better for the intersection.

I don't know what this means but here you can see an example of a Michigan left with a double stop light. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.5022188,-83.1707779,3a,75y,294.92h,70.56t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWgsndYbA6moPZ2JX7yO99Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

You're at the first stop light coming up to the actual intersection. You can see cars waiting to make the U-turn.

This works even on roads with 55 MPH traffic.

But if we're posting interchanges...

Here's this monstrosity. Challenge: Go from 5 south to 696 east
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4856119,-83.4289023,4507m/data=!3m1!1e3

And this is another fun one:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4875822,-83.2798702,3800m/data=!3m1!1e3

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

From this, where you have a 4 way intersection, plus Texas u-turn lanes and the dedicated right turn lane (both with yield signs), to this, just up the road, with just a few seconds to get over there. It ends here, though that was originally 2 lanes, with a signal (that north and southbound traffic always ran when red, because people are robots that don't pay attention to new signals).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 15, 2018

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
This is the i84, i384, and i291 interchange in CT. The whole thing is a single interchange, meaning I can go from 384 to 291 without touching i84 the whole time. The exits on i84 west go exit 60, 62, 61, 59.

Bonus spaghetti monster going into Hartford.

um excuse me fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 15, 2018

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Teeter posted:

Location in Street View

I drove through this one time, there wasn't any traffic though.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

BraveUlysses posted:

somehow they missed seattle's worst intersection:

just a 7 street intersection nbd

VA literally has an intersection called "Seven Corners" and it's not even half this good.
https://goo.gl/maps/jM2YRUKNcDF2

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Meanwhile, The Dallas Morning News thinks our 5 points intersection is the most dangerous thing in the world.

(it is kinda dangerous.. more because you're likely to get robbed or shot if you stop near there)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
In terms of sheer spaghetti monster-ness, I don't think anything east of the Mississippi beats the I-90 and I-93 interchange in Boston: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3465966,-71.0595919,17z

Actually the entire city of Boston could apply here, holy poo poo I hate driving in Boston.

e: Maybe the exits around the Newark Airport are worse, or route 9 and 440 in Perth Amboy.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 16, 2018

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Teeter posted:

Source is some redditor's Etsy store.

More than a few of these looks like sex positions.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Teeter posted:

Location in Street View

I've white-knuckled that intersection many times.

It's right at the park where George Michael got nabbed, also for white-knuckling.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Teeter posted:

Location in Street View

I almost got t-boned by a Contach there in the early-90s.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Teeter posted:

Location in Street View
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp0x_cEJ6VE

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

u brexit ukip it posted:

More than a few of these looks like sex positions.

Hey baby, why not come back to my place and do the Portland Sandy and Chavez? :heysexy:

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
If you're ever in Waco (don't ever go to Waco) I suggest heading to Health Camp for good burger and milkshakes. Sit on the patio and watch clueless Baylor students and local yokels navigate the traffic circle!

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 16, 2018

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

jamal posted:

Oh hey, speak of the devil.

Fist Fight Breaks Out in the Middle of the 105 Freeway
(right near this interchange)

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

If you're ever in Waco (don't ever go to Waco) I suggest heading to Health Camp for good burger and milkshakes. Sit on the patio and watch clueless Baylor students and local yokels navigate the traffic circle!

The Circle Cafe used to be located there and sold shirts that said "I Survived the Circle!"

They're a simple people, those Wacoans.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Saw some idiot in a box truck almost run onto the sidewalk and cut a dude off to turn left just before a roundabout. Guess he didn't know you could also turn left at the roundabout? It even ended up on the same road either way. :iiam:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

In the span of about 10 minutes, I witnessed:

Oncoming car straight through intersection from a right turn only lane.

Blowing through a right-turn only lane, then using the shoulder to pass everyone and merge like a dickhead

Sneaking through 3 lanes of traffic with an illegal left turn out of nowhere :wtf:

Teeter fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 17, 2018

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/FIirtationship/...genumber%3D1743

Don't know if this was posted here already but feast your eyes on this and be sure to wait untill the end.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Killstick posted:

Don't know if this was posted here already but feast your eyes on this and be sure to wait untill the end.

Douchebag mating ritual revealed.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

I'M DEAD as well from this great clip

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

jamal posted:

Maybe I'm weird, but I think this is a gorgeous photo. I love the contrast between the curves of the overpasses and the densely packed right angles of the surrounding neighborhoods.

It's not as photogenic, but the closest I have in my area as far as overpass madness is the Springfield Interchange, aka the mixing bowl

It's where I-395, I-95, and I-495 come together. It's relatively simple to navigate and doesn't kill a fraction of the number who died before the whole thing was redone.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

They're in the process of redoing the Zoo Interchange here in Milwaukee. It's where I-41/US 45 crosses I-94 (also I-894 terminates there). Before it was a mess of right and left hand exits with on and off ramps in very close proximity (to the point of signs saying "DO NOT CROSS OVER TO <LEFT LANE EXIT>").

It's still a bit of a mess as they're not done yet (all the major bridges are done, but major direction change ramp is closed until they finish up the approach and the end of it), but the improvements they've made so far are amazing. Traffic flows a lot better, there's no more "on ramp from major surface highway becomes exit only lane for the interchange which then becomes an exit only lane for another major surface street", etc.

Of course, everyone these days rely on GPS instead of signs so you get idiots crossing the gore points, though that's dropped recently.

iospace fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 17, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Killstick posted:

https://twitter.com/FIirtationship/...genumber%3D1743

Edit that to make sure everyone turns off the sound because jesus christ the woman commentating is loving horrible.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Edit that to make sure everyone turns off the sound because jesus christ the woman commentating is loving horrible.

https://i.imgur.com/Kylooch.mp4

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha goddamn, this seems like a perfect time to repost another shining example of quality driving

https://youtu.be/9tlmHnNAfC4

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Applebees Appetizer posted:

What is wrong with you? She brings the whole thing together.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

GutBomb posted:

What is wrong with you? She brings the whole thing together.

yeah seriously

diggin that video of the bumper cars, cause nothing like "getting back" at someone by loving up your brand new rav4

keep it 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BraveUlysses posted:

yeah seriously

diggin that video of the bumper cars, cause nothing like "getting back" at someone by loving up your brand new rav4

keep it 100

I just have to wonder, what exactly could occur at a laundromat that would escalate into that situation?