Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Taika Waititi should be given all the money in the world and all the freedom to make whatever he wants. I've loved everything he's made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Taika Waititi should be given all the money in the world and all the freedom to make whatever he wants. I've loved everything he's made.

The weakest parts of Ragnarok were definitely where it needs to align to future Marvel movies. When he gets freedom to do what he wants, it’s fantastic.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hunt for the Wilderpeople is on Hulu and everyone should watch it. It's amazing.

Also, Dave Made a Maze dammit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1KcGnw0nE

A stupid loving concept that I was amazed I loved so much.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 16, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dave Made a Maze is definitely good

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Hunt for the Wilderpeople is on Hulu and everyone should watch it. It's amazing.

hell yeah, I still haven't seen it!

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Also, Dave Made a Maze dammit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1KcGnw0nE

A stupid loving concept that I was amazed I loved so much.

JFC, I saw that Bill Watterson wrote and directed it and was blown away that he went off on such a tangent after Calvin and Hobbes.

Yeah, not the same one. I was so much happier before I looked it up.

Still, the trailer looks great, I'll check it out.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I just discovered Under Arrested on Netflix. It’s like the show Cops on crack and in Canada.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
What’s something decently feel-good on Netflix, amazon, or Hulu? Kinda bummed out today and I could use a good comedy or something.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Creed is on Amazon, so is The Big Sick.

Human Tornada fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 17, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What’s something decently feel-good on Netflix, amazon, or Hulu? Kinda bummed out today and I could use a good comedy or something.

Watch Chef. Great feel good movie and I think it's on Prime

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine on hulu

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Human Tornada posted:

Good call, just threw on The Big Sick. I love Creed but I’ve seen it a few times already.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Human Tornada posted:

Creed is far and away Coogler's best movie. I think about it often.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Creed is far and away Coogler's best movie. I think about it often.

Yeah I try and recommend it to people all the time. It's one of those rare movies where everything just comes together.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I try and recommend it to people all the time. It's one of those rare movies where everything just comes together.

It’s crazy that it’s his second movie, too. It’s phenomenal.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

The Big Suck bummed me out for a pretty long time.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

I believe Hulu has Kung Fu Hustle, which for my money may be the funniest good time movie ever made.

Edit: I just realized it's only the dubbed version, no option for Chinese with English subtitles. Don't bother!

knows a black guy fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 18, 2018

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Paddington is on Netflix, is staggeringly heartwarming and will improve your day.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Paddington is wonderful. I thought it would be totally off-putting.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I ended up really enjoying Imposters. It ended up being a lot more lighthearted than the premise suggested.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Asnorban posted:

Yeah, I really enjoyed it but now I’m even more bummed than I was before.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah Paddington's real good.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, Big Sick starts out feeling like a standard boy-meets-girl romantic comedy, but about 20 minutes in it starts just bringing in the drama bombs nonstop.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I thought it was boring. And was retroactively annoyed by all the hype for it after viewing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Timby posted:

Yeah, Big Sick starts out feeling like a standard boy-meets-girl romantic comedy, but about 20 minutes in it starts just bringing in the drama bombs nonstop.

But I mean, not only does it have a super happy ending, but it's a real life super happy ending. At least until Kumail gets bigger and bigger and cheats on her with a 20 year old.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Asnorban posted:

Why?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Medullah posted:

At least until Kumail gets bigger and bigger and cheats on her with a 20 year old. [/spoiler]

Go to jail for those thoughts

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Medullah posted:

But I mean, not only does it have a super happy ending, but it's a real life super happy ending. At least until Kumail gets bigger and bigger and cheats on her with a 20 year old.

see, if that happened I would like it more. Kumail is def getting some side tail here in LA why won't they show that part in the movie?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

see, if that happened I would like it more. Kumail is def getting some side tail here in LA why won't they show that part in the movie?

Reminds me of when Private Parts came out and everyone was like "See, Stern is really a wholesome guy behind the scenes and genuinely loves his wife, despite his persona!" aaaaand then he left her.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

How each character dealt with grief felt very real to me. And I watched it at a time when a few people in my life had just battled long sicknesses and passed or been diagnosed with something. Even though it has a happy ending, it spends a great amount of time in hospitals and coping with potential death. I went in to it not expecting something so heavy. Still loved it, just don’t think it’s a feel good movie because outside of the bookends it’s pretty drat sad.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Medullah posted:

Reminds me of when Private Parts came out and everyone was like "See, Stern is really a wholesome guy behind the scenes and genuinely loves his wife, despite his persona!" aaaaand then he left her.

Haha, the difference is Kumail has a wholesome nerd radio show he does with his IRL wife. I was just being snarky

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

Haha, the difference is Kumail has a wholesome nerd radio show he does with his IRL wife. I was just being snarky

Oh me too, he seems like a genuine dude and he'd be pretty far down the list of celebs I expect to be bastards. :)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A MIRACLE posted:

Are you referring to their podcast about video games? Didn't they stop doing that like 3 years ago?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

lol did they? why did I think it was still a thing? Maybe from the hype about the movie.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They also did some episodes of his abandoned x-files podcast together, even though she hated the show. That’s pretty wholesome.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kumail stopped doing it once the new season came out. I wonder if he hated it as much as most people did.

I know he talked a bit about that hosed up racist one on Twitter.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

knows a black guy posted:

I believe Hulu has Kung Fu Hustle, which for my money may be the funniest good time movie ever made.

Edit: I just realized it's only the dubbed version, no option for Chinese with English subtitles. Don't bother!

The English dub is pretty well done I thought.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

business hammocks posted:

They also did some episodes of his abandoned x-files podcast together, even though she hated the show. That’s pretty wholesome.

Oh he abandoned it? He got pretty far into it as I recall.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finally got around to watching Neon Demon. Eh. Not bad. Really nice movie to look at but I'm really not sure if I enjoyed it or not.

nicolas winding refn sure has an ego on him doesn't he? Like, I get it dude. you made the movie. I don't need to see it 10 times in the credits and your monogram slapped all over the place. I'm surprised his movie titles don't have his name in front of them.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

Field Mousepad posted:

The English dub is pretty well done I thought.

That's cool, it's just the first two times I watched it had subtitles, so it was too jarring for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Travelers S2 ended too soon.