Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ocean Book posted:

unless im reading the post wrong, every incidence she described is she couldnt control her drinking and grey-ed out. if you mean the thing from before she started drinking, thats just regular human thought to occasionally be confronted by the arbitrariness of the conditions one finds oneself in, its not a symptom of a mental disorder.

Is it normal to suddenly "not recognize your own life"??? I guess I'm not normal, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Boyfriend (23M) overreacted to my(23F) prank or is that what he actually feels?

quote:

So my boyfriend usually loves to play pranks on me, like telling me things are not going to plan if I am looking forward to something...then take it so far until I am about to break down, and then he tells me it was a joke. It's been 3 years and now I usually take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.
We're in an LDR and we have plans to meet in the first week of March, with everything booked..flights, hotel etc after 6 months since we last met. My parents suddenly wanted me to come along on a family vacation, which was coinciding with last couple of days of me and him together. I told him about it, and I said I'll talk to my parents and work it out, so that I can join them a couple of days later. He was fine and said let me me know about it.
So I worked it out with my parents and decided ,for once to play a prank on him. And I called him with a serious tone and everything saying that I'll have to leave early and things like my parents are really eager for me to go...and he literally blew a fuse, started shouting about how stupid I am, how I have literally no voice and how much money of his I have wasted. I was shocked to hear him talk to me like that. I told him to stop shouting at me, and he says why, should I sympathize with you that how sad your life is. I just told him I was kidding, and he cooled down instantly and said oh, that's fine then. I feel so angry and disappointed about the things he said.
TL;DR: Played a prank on boyfriend saying we won't be able to meet, he blew up with the first thing being I wasted his money and I'm a loser for not standing up to my parents.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hughlander posted:

Boyfriend (23M) overreacted to my(23F) prank or is that what he actually feels?

Pranks: not even once.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I [28F] am dating a new guy [28M] who always talks about how great he is at oral. He's a nice guy but it's starting to creep me out. How can I get him to stop?Relationships
5 points 10 comments submitted 2 years ago by beachgirl877 to r/relationships

I met him on Tinder (okay, I know...) and on Tinder he said hello and then quickly after regaled me with how he loved "pleasing ladies." He didn't get into graphic detail and he was very attractive, so I met up with him. On our first date, he brought up sex after a few drinks and it seemed somewhat natural. Then he goes "I'm not going to lie, I'm a vagitarian, and I sustain myself on pussy." I chalked it up to being a goofy thing he said when drunk, and since it takes a while for me to trust someone enough to have sex, I told him he'd have to wait a while.

I think he has taken this as a fun challenge. We have been on four or five dates now. He hasn't pressured me to have SEX at all, but the next time we got dinner, he opened the menu and said "Is pussy on the menu? Huh? Huh?" and when I laughed and said no he goes "Well, I guess the quinoa salad will do." Then when the waiter came by to ask what he wanted, he said, "other than the taste of a woman, you mean?" and the waiter looked super freaked out.

We've made out and he is a very good kisser, but I told him I'd really like to get to know him better as a person before having sex. He has a great job, is good looking and volunteers. We have a lot of the same interests, but whenever he has even ONE drink he talks about how great he is at oral.

I finally hit my breaking point when I took him to a party where my friends would be. I go into the bathroom to pee and when I come out, he's taken one of the tartlet hors d'oeurves and is licking it out with ferocity, while making eye contact with my friends. When I asked him about it, he said he was just telling them about his favorite pastime...you guessed it...eating pussy.

I told him I dont want to hear any more about it...he told me he would only stop talking about it if I let him do it. Now it just feels like extortion. I would get rid of him completely, but I'm a real introvert and it can be really hard for me to meet men, especially men with similar interests, good looks and good jobs. So what do I do? Is there any way I can get him to stop this without ending it?

tl;dr: New guy constantly talks about how good he is at oral, it's freaking everybody out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

Me [35F] with my brother [43M] are having a difference of opinion with our parents willNon-Romantic
188 points 92 comments submitted 1 year ago by stopbeinglikethat to r/relationships
So I feel like this a bit outrageous but I want it dealt with before my parents actually pass. Both my parents [65F/67M] recently retired and realized that they didn't have a will and that they should've done one up years ago so they had one done at the notary.

In it, they have made me their executor and they have granted me Power of Attorney and they made it clear that if they are on life support, they want me to have them unplugged and allowed to die.

My mom is a nurse for the elderly and she said she's seen so many elderly folk kept alive on life support and suffering when she felt that they should've been allowed to pass but they had never filled out any kind of DNR or will or anything. My dad agrees with her views. Normally, my eldest brother would be taking care of them but he is extremely emotional and the smallest stressor has him puking and a totally mess of nerves and then he feels like no matter what choice he makes, it was the wrong one and then he's overcome with guilt forever about it. Whereas I can be more clinical and step back and do what needs to be done regardless of how difficult it is. My brother says I'm a cold-hearted b-word but I disagree, I just don't let myself agonize over the decision, I made the choice and don't look back. Sometimes I regret my choices but I feel that's a normal part of life, sometimes you choose the wrong thing, sometimes you don't. I do cry over things.

Anyways, I had to go to the notary and sign paperwork agreeing to be the executor and to have POA over my parents. I don't know the laws of anything so I don't know if that's mandatory (going to sign) but I guess my mom mentioned it to my brothers that they need to get a hold of me if anything happens to them and I'll make the arrangements for end-of-life procedures etc.

I spoke to my parents privately as what they would like done to their bodies after their deaths and my mom said she doesn't want to be buried. She feels it's a waste of space and believes that once she's dead, she's gone and what's left behind is just an empty shell (basically) so we agreed on cremation. My dad feels the same. I asked if she would like her ashes to be interred (I hope that's the right word) in the cemetery and she said no but she doesn't really have any clear idea what she wants done but again, feels that it's a waste of space. I said I had seen something where you can get the ashes put into dirt and have a tree planted in it, she thought that was a wonderful idea. I put it in the back of mind to research this to see if it's allowed where I live (Canada). My dad felt the same way and wants the same arrangements made for him.

Now, the problem is that I was at my brothers house the other day and he said "so I hear I got kicked off of being the executor" I said no because our parents didn't have a will and so I was designated the executor. Nobody was before. He said he was told he was the executor, I asked him if he signed any papers saying he was, he said no so I told him then he wasn't. He insists that he was told he was the executor, I said maybe he would've been by default if mom and dad hadn't picked somebody.

He sees this as a slight against him, that there's something about him that's not good enough for mom and dad and he's bitter and hurt that I was chosen over him (I'm the youngest). My opinion on it is that it's a lovely job, you're grieving, you have to make arrangements for everything and then dealing with the estate afterwards for a long time, just to drag out the grief BUT I feel that this is important and my mom has spoken to me in length regarding their wishes and I'm prepared for the consequences of that, even if it means cutting my brother out of my life after they pass. I know if my mom hears this though, she will be crushed and just bow down to whatever wishes my brother wants so I'm trying to not involve her. She has stated her wishes and I don't want her bullied into choosing something she doesn't want.

My brother asked me about what they want when they die. I said they both want to be cremated and used to plant a tree (if possible.) He does not want this, he wants them buried in the cemetery so he can come visit after they pass. I said that it's not their wishes and I will follow through with what they want and not him. He said it's not for my parents, they'll be gone, so it's for the family to grieve and I should follow his wishes. To placate him, I told him I'll have plaques placed where the tree is planted so he can come visit that spot. He's still not happy with but agreed with the compromise.

Furthermore, my grandfather built our house and our family has lived in it ever since. My dad, I'm not sure but I think he has mental stability issues and refuses to let us have repairmen into the house but he also refuses to fix things unless we absolutely have to (flooding, etc) so the house has fallen into disrepair and will cost a great amount of money to fix. My mom has instructed me to sell the house and only do minor cosmetic repairs to get it ready for sale and then divide the sale money between my brothers and myself.

Again, my brother does not agree with this and thinks I should take over the house and repair it out of pocket as I don't currently own a house but they both do.

I don't know how to navigate this situation. I've been considering leaving it until my parents really do pass and then just following their wishes and ignore my brother but I feel this will create a huge rift in the family. I haven't spoken to my other brother regarding this but I'm almost thinking that I should just leave well enough alone and deal with the fallout later. I do think my other brother would be more inclined to follow our parents wishes though, he doesn't have the same emotional attachments as my oldest brother.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

tl;dr: I was made executor and POA for my parents, my oldest brother disagrees and thinks he should be despite going against all wishes of my parents.

Edit: I just spoke to my mom and told her my older brother doesn't want her wishes fulfilled and told her what he wanted done. She's upset and mad that he is trying to interfere with her wishes. I told her we should consult an estate lawyer and we should detail out everything she wants done when she dies. She doesn't want to do this, she told me that I know her wishes and she knows I'll get them fulfilled. I asked her to create a trust so we can skip the probate step, she said she doesn't want to do that. I pointed out that this will drag things out but she doesn't want to do anything beyond what she's already done. She told me that we should just not bring it up around brother and if he brings it up, just keep things vague and try to change the subject. I don't really agree but I can't force her to do anything so I'll do what she says. I've asked her to write down her wishes on a piece of paper and sign it at the very least so I can at least pull that out and say "hey look, these are her instructions" she said she'll think about it.

For the love of god, set up an airtight estate.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Pick posted:

Then when the waiter came by to ask what he wanted, he said, "other than the taste of a woman, you mean?" and the waiter looked super freaked out.

The waiter thought he was cannibal, otherwise he would've high fived him and said something about how nice that comment was, probably something like "Nice!"

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Welcome back Pick.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

The waiter thought he was cannibal, otherwise he would've high fived him and said something about how nice that comment was, probably something like "Nice!"

"im great at oral" is literally how guys tell u they have tiny willy

honestly women would way rather hear "i have tiny willy but am a functional person and not an insecure wreck" however good luck with that

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Pick posted:

I [28F] am dating a new guy [28M] who always talks about how great he is at oral. He's a nice guy but it's starting to creep me out. How can I get him to stop?Relationships
5 points 10 comments submitted 2 years ago by beachgirl877 to r/relationships

I met him on Tinder (okay, I know...) and on Tinder he said hello and then quickly after regaled me with how he loved "pleasing ladies." He didn't get into graphic detail and he was very attractive, so I met up with him. On our first date, he brought up sex after a few drinks and it seemed somewhat natural. Then he goes "I'm not going to lie, I'm a vagitarian, and I sustain myself on pussy." I chalked it up to being a goofy thing he said when drunk, and since it takes a while for me to trust someone enough to have sex, I told him he'd have to wait a while.

I think he has taken this as a fun challenge. We have been on four or five dates now. He hasn't pressured me to have SEX at all, but the next time we got dinner, he opened the menu and said "Is pussy on the menu? Huh? Huh?" and when I laughed and said no he goes "Well, I guess the quinoa salad will do." Then when the waiter came by to ask what he wanted, he said, "other than the taste of a woman, you mean?" and the waiter looked super freaked out.

We've made out and he is a very good kisser, but I told him I'd really like to get to know him better as a person before having sex. He has a great job, is good looking and volunteers. We have a lot of the same interests, but whenever he has even ONE drink he talks about how great he is at oral.

I finally hit my breaking point when I took him to a party where my friends would be. I go into the bathroom to pee and when I come out, he's taken one of the tartlet hors d'oeurves and is licking it out with ferocity, while making eye contact with my friends. When I asked him about it, he said he was just telling them about his favorite pastime...you guessed it...eating pussy.

I told him I dont want to hear any more about it...he told me he would only stop talking about it if I let him do it. Now it just feels like extortion. I would get rid of him completely, but I'm a real introvert and it can be really hard for me to meet men, especially men with similar interests, good looks and good jobs. So what do I do? Is there any way I can get him to stop this without ending it?

tl;dr: New guy constantly talks about how good he is at oral, it's freaking everybody out.

Did she meet up with this guy?

NWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZneYxAjOsc

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Imo there are a lot of guys, whether they're submissive or whatever their deal is, who legit have a fetish for going down on women, but they're generally creepy about it (as in the example) plus they're always terrible at it because their goal is to please themselves and not you.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The ultimate self own is continuing to date this weirdo but also not getting any oral out of it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Anne Whateley posted:

Imo there are a lot of guys, whether they're submissive or whatever their deal is, who legit have a fetish for going down on women, but they're generally creepy about it (as in the example) plus they're always terrible at it because their goal is to please themselves and not you.

On the other hand, I've met way too many women, exclusively in the US and Canada, who are dead-set against receiving oral. Never happened in Israel, or with women who came here from overseas. :shrug:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pick posted:

"im great at oral" is literally how guys tell u they have tiny willy

honestly women would way rather hear "i have tiny willy but am a functional person and not an insecure wreck" however good luck with that

That and just saying they have a tiny willy when anyone discusses willy size.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

On the other hand, I've met way too many women, exclusively in the US and Canada, who are dead-set against receiving oral. Never happened in Israel, or with women who came here from overseas. :shrug:

American women have a very complicated relationship with their genitals. We literally have commercials for special wipes, sprays, and washes to lowkey tell you you should be worrying about pussy odors at all times. Your pussy is stinky is a mainstay in advertisement towards women.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ewwww. Sin comes from there. Why would you want to put the lips you use to praise Jesus anywhere near such a vipers’ nest?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pvt.Scott posted:

Ewwww. Sin comes from there. Why would you want to put the lips you use to praise Jesus anywhere near such a vipers’ nest?

I'm not talking about deeply religious Christian women, who probably wouldn't want to date a secular Israeli Jew anyway. :shrug:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm not talking about deeply religious Christian women, who probably wouldn't want to date a secular Israeli Jew anyway. :shrug:

there are definitely some religious Christian women (and men!) who have a weird "thing" for Jews, secular or not, and I'm sure being Israeli only adds to the exoticism.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Earwicker posted:

there are definitely some religious Christian women (and men!) who have a weird "thing" for Jews, secular or not, and I'm sure being Israeli only adds to the exoticism.

Okay? Anyway, I'm saying that's not where I think it was coming from, considering the women I've dated here.

Anyway, this is getting kind of weird.

My [32m] girlfriend [34f] has a unique way of coping with situations and its driving us apart

quote:

Tl;dr girlfriend emotionally pukes on me and it frustrates me. I dont know how to deal any more.

Any time she faces any sort of stress in her life, her way of dealing with it has been to talk it through. But not in a normal conversational manner. She monologues the entire thing. This can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. She will call me in the middle of the day and just start talking. It got to the point a year ago where i told her i was frustrated by this because she barely even asks about myself during these situations, or even asking if I'm available to talk. She tried fixing that, but it doesn't always work. Some of the most frustrating parts of how she monologues is that she doesn't include any of my knowledge or lack thereof into things. She mentions people by names and i have no clue who they are or what they do, or how they fit into her diatribe, all while re-explaining the basics of her job and the all the things she does, that I've known about for the past three years. All the while this is coming at me like a freight train, and i have no real possibility of interrupting without being rude.

All this came to a huge head Monday night, and we got into a large argument because i am frustrated to no end by essentially having to just hold on for the ride any time she calls me. We have fought over this many times, and she asked me what she can do differently. I feel that I've tried to make my position clear, that i just want her to take my knowledge into consideration, and not let a conversation turn into a runaway monologue that just ends when ever Shea ready while I'm left holding onto all this baggage she unloaded onto me. I don't know how to explain it any other way.

Then, after getting through the week, last night it happened again, but in person, not over the phone. "Let me give you the cliff notes version" turned into a 25 minute explanation that dived into the personal lives of people we are both friends with, jumping from point to point. I stopped her maybe 10 minutes in, and jokingly asked if this was really the cliff notes version, and told her I'm having a hard time following. She got frustrated that i was not allowing her to just vent at me for 30 minutes without asking questions, then when i just sat there in silence, visibly getting stressed out by her unloading onto me, she got even more annoyed, and just stopped talking altogether and walked away. Huge fight, huge blowup right before bed. She asked if i wanted to go home to my place since clearly she makes me so frustrated and upset, blah blah. I told her that we could talk things through in the morning. This morning, she literally just asks "are we still friends?" and i tell her that i am extremely frustrated. She got out of the bed, left the room, and did not talk to me at all. About an hour ago, she got showered, dressed, and just left 30 minutes ago without a single word to me this entire morning.

I literally have no clue what to do here.

Convince her to go to a real therapist?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Okay? Anyway, I'm saying that's not where I think it was coming from, considering the women I've dated here.

My [32m] girlfriend [34f] has a unique way of coping with situations and its driving us apart

see the problem with putting the tl;dr first is i get disappointed when i find out no actual puking was involved

'venting a whole bunch' isn't a unique way of coping goddamit

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

lmao at this guy who hasn't realized when your SO is blabbering away over the phone that you can just move it away from your head so you dont have to listen. just say "yeah" and "uh huh" and "right" every so often until the talking stops

Brother Entropy posted:

'venting a whole bunch' isn't a unique way of coping goddamit

yeah it's pretty normal but this is exactly what therapists are for, people you pay to listen to your problems

it's not a big deal to vent to your spouse so long as you can keep it brief. but otherwise your spouse is one of the last people you should do this to. friends are better, pets, even strangers on the bus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zvaBYIXa64

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 18, 2018

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:sever: and change your phone number, because she'll just call you to vent about her dickhead ex boyfriend that dumped her for not listening to her.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
JFC, that isn't even venting. Why does she need the boyfriend to vent to if she wants zero sounds from his end and zero understanding of what's going on? Rant to a literal brick wall with a face drawn on.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Midnight Voyager posted:

JFC, that isn't even venting. Why does she need the boyfriend to vent to if she wants zero sounds from his end and zero understanding of what's going on? Rant to a literal brick wall with a face drawn on.

Because sometimes just venting poo poo out is all someone needs and someone trying to play "fix it" is not what they need or want.

It sounds like she needs more friends because her bf clearly doesn't want to fill this role. Just sit there and nod, at the end say something like "wow they really sucks," and move on

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ria37d9mInY

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Haha. There’s just a pervasive undercurrent of body and sexuality shaming in America, stemming in part from Puritanical and Great Revival roots. You don’t have to be religious to be influenced by it. It’s just there, expressing itself quietly. I was just funnin.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Uhhh so way to body/sex shame the poo poo out of women when don’t like oral :psyduck:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
“It must be because other men put bad ideas in their heads!! Because I want to do it to them so it’s hosed up if they physically don’t enjoy that sensation!!”

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah! How dare she expect you to take an interest in her life, when everyone should know by now that you're the only one who matters. Better :sever: now, because the next thing you know, she'll be talking about the kids and expecting you to take an interest in them, too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A woman doesn’t enjoy a sex thing? From a man? Oh no—she’s broken! :ohdear:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I'm not crazy about it either (unless the dude is really, really good at it, and they all think they are and most are wrong) but you can't deny that way too many American women are at least halfway convinced our genitals are like unto the Bog of Eternal Stench.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That is true but oral just isn’t that great and I’d rather be doing something equally exciting and more productive, like my taxes

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Khazar-khum posted:

Yeah! How dare she expect you to take an interest in her life, when everyone should know by now that you're the only one who matters. Better :sever: now, because the next thing you know, she'll be talking about the kids and expecting you to take an interest in them, too.

If that's how she talks about the kids she might be telling him about their whole schedule for the 300th time while neglecting to mention that she called because Barbara's ill and he needs to go pick her up. I think he's complaining about these rants being one-sided and full of irrelevancies, not because she dares try and talk to him about things that affect her.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Usually the guys who brag about their oral skills have all the finesse of a jackass eating corn through a picket fence.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

its a good thing to vent, its not a good thing to vent to the same person every time

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Those guys usually finished establishing their routines 10+ years ago, and if you don't come nonstop the problem isn't their routine, it's you, why are you so broken, what's wrong with you, everyone loves this

e: no I won't finger you instead, everyone knows women love oral so much more, it's their favorite thing

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 18, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Anne Whateley posted:

Those guys usually finished establishing their routines 10+ years ago, and if you don't come nonstop the problem isn't their routine, it's you, why are you so broken, what's wrong with you, everyone loves this

e: no I won't finger you instead, everyone knows women love oral so much more, it's their favorite thing

Yeah, if they're not adapting to their partners they're bad at the sex, no matter how long they've been doing it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There are also plenty of guys who don't really like oral either (or anal) but socially it's now a Big Thing because it's the Type Of Sex That Means [X].

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

datajugend posted:

its a good thing to vent, its not a good thing to vent to the same person every time

if you're going to vent at least be entertaining, and keep it short. there's nothing wrong with venting. the problem is when your vent is a 20+ minute ordeal and you regularly inflict it on the same person

like, imagine if every other day your spouse went on at length about a minor star wars character and you just had to sit there and be an active listener on a subject where you have no input. i used to date a person like this and a big reason why we broke up is that i had to block out thirty minutes of my day just to nod and say "that sucks" over and over as she complained about her lunch getting cold because she had to take a phone call, or her shoes were too tight all day and she wanted to take them off at work but she couldn't and etc.etc. etc.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pick posted:

There are also plenty of guys who don't really like oral either (or anal) but socially it's now a Big Thing because it's the Type Of Sex That Means [X].

They could just assert themselves and say “no thanks,” but that’d take effort and a spine, two areas most /r men are deficient in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

13Pandora13 posted:

Because sometimes just venting poo poo out is all someone needs and someone trying to play "fix it" is not what they need or want.

It sounds like she needs more friends because her bf clearly doesn't want to fill this role. Just sit there and nod, at the end say something like "wow they really sucks," and move on

I never said they should try to fix it. But interacting like a person you are talking to who understands what you are saying. "Oh, that's your next door neighbor, right?" "Oh, that sucks," loving conversation filler that you have in an actual conversation and not a monologue. It also needs a bare minimum of consideration from the person telling the story to clarify points that the other person doesn't seem to know (Who's Brenda?) or move on when the other person indicates they know the basics of their job.

If you're just vomiting words to someone who does not comprehend a word you are saying and you want no response whatsoever, that's not venting, that's being an rear end in a top hat. Go get a pet to talk to or something. The other person is clearly not needed for this. It feels weird to have to tell someone that ranting is still a conversation you are having with another human and that you should treat them as such.