Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Cainer posted:

Think anyone would mind if I grabbed some heavy duty shields, gave em to my old Mordeheim models like Sisters of Sigmar and used em as Crusaders? If not that then I was thinking of using the mother matron as an Inquisitor with a thunder or nemesis daemon hammer and the rest as acolytes with arc mauls. Would have to find some las-pistols and/or holsters for them though.

It clearly says in the rulebook that if someone gives you poo poo for using cool old models as counts-as units you’re allowed to take the model they’ve spent the most time on and smash it to pieces with a hammer in front of them. If it happens in a GW store the manager will also hold them down while you get 60 seconds of free shots at their abdomen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

tallkidwithglasses posted:

It clearly says in the rulebook that if someone gives you poo poo for using cool old models as counts-as units you’re allowed to take the model they’ve spent the most time on and smash it to pieces with a hammer in front of them. If it happens in a GW store the manager will also hold them down while you get 60 seconds of free shots at their abdomen.

Harsh but fair.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
Can’t remember exactly who suggested it (might have been Beer4theBeerGod?) but belated thanks to whoever suggested a blue shade to tidy up my old swooping hawks - I’ve spent today tidying up some of the models I painted as a kid to get them tournament ready and yeah, a wash of watered down drakenhof nightshade followed by redoing the lothern blue plates wherever the shade had stained them has done wonders, so good tip!

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Is there a top secret way to remove glued on bits from models you buy on eBay, or are you basically stuck with whatever the person before you put on there?
If it's super glue, Super Clean degreaser works and is the same stuff I use to remove paint. I find that it makes it brittle enough that it can be scraped off.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
It seems really hard to get good deals on nid stuff on eBay. Is that par for the course with most 40k armies? People seem pretty savvy about what’s good and what’s not good.

There usually ends up being so little difference between discount retail price and the eBay price that it’s just not worth it.

Also my two lovely metal biovores are worth like 20 quid. Really surprised by that considering the model quality.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

One_Wing posted:

Can’t remember exactly who suggested it (might have been Beer4theBeerGod?) but belated thanks to whoever suggested a blue shade to tidy up my old swooping hawks - I’ve spent today tidying up some of the models I painted as a kid to get them tournament ready and yeah, a wash of watered down drakenhof nightshade followed by redoing the lothern blue plates wherever the shade had stained them has done wonders, so good tip!

Glad it worked out!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I don't know if this is relevant but I can't find the Dark Eldar Start Collecting box on the U.S. site anymore

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed

Entropy238 posted:

It seems really hard to get good deals on nid stuff on eBay. Is that par for the course with most 40k armies? People seem pretty savvy about what’s good and what’s not good.

There usually ends up being so little difference between discount retail price and the eBay price that it’s just not worth it.

Also my two lovely metal biovores are worth like 20 quid. Really surprised by that considering the model quality.

I've found this very much to be the case since 8th/ their codex dropped for Nids, prior to that you could pick up massive assembled and reasonably well painted armies for like 1/3 of retail. Even stuff like generic marines seems to have crept up, I assume because of the renewed interest in the game I see all over the place due to 8th. Personally I have been feeling the same, any of the eBay 'deals' I have gotten end up having enough sloppy things that need fixing, paint that needs stripping, etc that I'd rather just buy new models with the typical discount and go from there.

The biovores are a pretty pricey kit new that doesn't have many floating around second hand because they were not great for a long time, while the pyrovores were in contention for worst unit in the game, so the few that pop up seem to go pretty high.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

FromTheShire posted:

I've found this very much to be the case since 8th/ their codex dropped for Nids, prior to that you could pick up massive assembled and reasonably well painted armies for like 1/3 of retail. Even stuff like generic marines seems to have crept up, I assume because of the renewed interest in the game I see all over the place due to 8th. Personally I have been feeling the same, any of the eBay 'deals' I have gotten end up having enough sloppy things that need fixing, paint that needs stripping, etc that I'd rather just buy new models with the typical discount and go from there.

The biovores are a pretty pricey kit new that doesn't have many floating around second hand because they were not great for a long time, while the pyrovores were in contention for worst unit in the game, so the few that pop up seem to go pretty high.

To be fair, it's always been the case that single-unit auctions in good / unpainted condition will sell fairly close to retail, providing there wasn't a glut of supply such as starter boxes getting split up. In order to make the most of ebay you have look for the stuff that either requires some work to restore, or bulk-buy from people who can't be bothered to list everything separately. It's more realistic to get £200 worth for stuff for £100 than getting a £35 unit for under £25.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I decided that having some Scouts with my Primaris guys wouldn't be a bad idea, so I put together this notional concept:

Thoughts? It's the scout legs and torso with the marine arms and head.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You might want different heads to break up the iconic SM look. Reavers maybe?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

moths posted:

You might want different heads to break up the iconic SM look. Reavers maybe?

I was actually thinking about how I enjoyed the synergy with the SM look, since they're Astartes scouts and they're well differentiated from the rest of my army by their small size.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

My first impression was that they were space marines who forgot their pants. Everything else about them has the same profile.

...Although seeing the difference in stature could distinguish them further. Plus they aren't wearing backpacks, but the chainswords are distinctly less "scout" than knives.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is it weird that I think the strangest thing to come out of GW in the last few years is the Space Marine Heroes stuff. Because they're actually doing a second wave of them, including a Terminator.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Technowolf posted:

Is it weird that I think the strangest thing to come out of GW in the last few years is the Space Marine Heroes stuff. Because they're actually doing a second wave of them, including a Terminator.

It's been working - it's been a huge point of entry for plastic model hobbyists (of whom there are, unsurprisingly, a lot) to get into gaming over here in Japan. They've really been pushing the Heroes kits and GW paints; even hobby stores that have never really done wargaming are carrying them, which gives a gap to drive in the wedge of the starter kits and, now, Shadespire. Lots of plastic model people are buying and painting up the Heroes kits, and some of them, at least, are getting into gaming.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Entropy238 posted:

I have found what I consider a deal on Primaris Marines either, maybe because they are new or maybe eBay has seen better days.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I've been trying to find a ebay deal on the chaos cultists from dark vengeance for months to no success.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Entropy238 posted:

People were talking about GW fighting with the local government about how much energy their plastic printing machines are using, so they can't keep up with demand. I'm using metal Biovores whenever I happen to put them in a list. I think they're much much smaller than the newer kit so I sort of feel bad about the different LoS, but also I'm not paying $40 for a 36 point model when I got these from the used case for $8-10.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Get ready nerds, it's time for a B-B-B-BATTLE REPORT!

A friend of ours invited everyone over today for some old fashioned HAM SLAMS to celebrate him suddenly having space and getting a new mat for his table. Only problem was, the company sent him a starfield mat instead of a desert mat. Good news was, BuffaloChicken's brother brought over his mat. Bad news was, it's only 4x4. Good news was, we're adaptable, so we came up with a solution everyone was happy with.

The game was Planetstrike - Planetfall, 100 power per side (about 1,500 points). On one side was me (SPESS MARINES), BuffaloChicken (Catachans), and his brother (SPAAAACE MARINES AGAIN) against a horde of Xenos filth: Necrons, Tau, Tyranids, and Orks.

Because the table was split, we played the final 2 feet as an orbital platform housing a teleport pad. In planetstrike, the defenders get free buildings and the attackers deep strike in/come in as reserves. Our modification to the game was that if the defenders could seize the teleporter, they'd prevent the attackers from being able to deep strike (and those units would have to walk on).

On the orbital platform side of the table, only units with FLY could move between platforms or end their move over open space. Units with FLY or deep strike abilities could also move from the orbital platform to the other side of the table, deep striking in.

GAME HIGHLIGHTS AND NOTES
- Because I had the assault marines with Jump Packs, I drew the short straw of putting most of my army in space. This meant that I was woefully under-equipped to deal with the Tesseract Ark, which killed most of my assault marines after they made a suicide run to seize the teleporter platform. After that, I tied up the Necron Immortals for a while until they used the Veil of Darkness to drop down to the planet's surface, then spent the rest of the game holding an orbital objective, firing pot shots at the Ark.

- The initial deep strike was a doozy, putting most of the attackers' armies on the board, including a unit of Meganobz who mulched BuffaloChicken's psyker and nearly wiped out his tank commander.

- BC's brother had a squad of terminators that dropped in for us on turn 2 and put in some real work, becoming game MVPs. They started off by killing the Tau warlord (a horribly exposed Battlesuit commander), then a unit of Nobz, then they killed a squad of Kroot Hounds.

- Tesseract Arks are real hard to kill with a single missile launcher and heavy bolter, y'all

- The Xenos players pressed up the middle pretty fierce on turn 5, breaking our middle wide open as they wiped out most of the Imperial Guard (and the rest made it easy by blowing themselves up with plasma). This led to a squad of stealth suits sitting on our central objective. This might have cost us the game, except we were able to kill two in shooting the following turn, and the Tau player rolled a 6 for his morale check with no CP left, and so had to watch his Stealth Suit commander flee off the table, essentially turning the tide back in our favor.

- BC's Brother's terminators continue their MVP campaign by shooting/fighting 10 wounds off the Swarmlord, then charging it and killing it to earn another VP, then charging and killing the Tyranid Player's Tyranid Prime just to add insult to injury. And only losing 2 terminators all game in the process. I feel like my terminators are always garbage, failing every save and missing whenever I need them to hit things.

- At the end, we held 4 objectives to their 2, plus we had 3 points for Slay the Warlord, giving us a 15-7 lead and winning us the game. Well-fought over 6 turns, with several lead changes.

Lessons Learned
- The space side was a lot of fun, but felt a little disconnected. I'd want to figure out ways to make it more relevant in the future. Already thinking about how to incorporate a space board with navigable asteroid fields in future games/the campaign.

- BuffaloChicken was ice cold when it came to rolls today. At one point he needlessly overcharged 2 plasma shots at an Ork Meganob with 1 wound left, and I told him "no" as he was rolling, and the dice came up double 1s. Dude just couldn't get anything going, but I guess his brother made up for it with those terminators.

- Quantum Shielding is good as hell

- Meganobz are such a pain in the rear end to kill

- Shout-out to Tau having garbage Ld values

- All in all, a superfun game that took us about 3 hours to play, which was pretty good, given that for one guy it was his 3rd or 4th game and we had 7 players, albeit at small points values.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Tau automatically succeed morale checks on a 6. Bonding Knife Ritual, bitch. :v:

EDIT: also Stealth Shas'vre should have LD 8 and wouldn't have run anyway.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Strobe posted:

Tau automatically succeed morale checks on a 6. Bonding Knife Ritual, bitch. :v:

EDIT: also Stealth Shas'vre should have LD 8 and wouldn't have run anyway.

tough break. He should have remembered that rule for his army while we were playing so he wouldn't have lost (this is the first I've heard of it)

His Shas'vre was dead by that point

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
What possible reason is there for the Shas'vre already being dead. :psyduck: It's literally identical to the rest of the squad except for the higher LD and more attacks. You can even put the one Fusion Blaster you get per three models on the Shas'vre.

Opportunity already passed and whatnot, but let that guy in on some knowledge!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Strobe posted:

What possible reason is there for the Shas'vre already being dead. :psyduck: It's literally identical to the rest of the squad except for the higher LD and more attacks. You can even put the one Fusion Blaster you get per three models on the Shas'vre.

Opportunity already passed and whatnot, but let that guy in on some knowledge!

If he doesn't know his army's rules, there's only so much I can do. I don't play Tau so I had no idea about either of those rules. I think he put the Fusion blaster on a Shas'ui

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's definitely non-trivial knowledge about T'au army construction, so I can't really say I'm surprised. I hope he figures it out by next time.

Just in time for the Codex to drop. :v:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Strobe posted:

It's definitely non-trivial knowledge about T'au army construction, so I can't really say I'm surprised. I hope he figures it out by next time.

Just in time for the Codex to drop. :v:

Apparently I was wrong--he did put it on his Shas'vre but then read the wrong line when he checked the Ld value for the test, and then also forgot about the bonding knife ritual. I think we'd have still won since we were able to kill the Swarmlord, but that makes things a little more sour. This may be a potential consequence of the dude not buying his codex and instead using a pdf accessed from his phone, but he's also kind of known for not being up on his rules all the time.

e: Thanks for the head's up, btw

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Booyah- posted:

I've been trying to find a ebay deal on the chaos cultists from dark vengeance for months to no success.

It's baffling to me that GW doesn't release a 20 man kit of them. They would sell like crazy. They could probably move that dread too if they packed some different guns with it, it's such a better looking pose than the regular box.

e: I mean a kit that includes the heavy weapons and cult leaders from the DE box, just fyi.

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 19, 2018

Snidhog
Dec 31, 2007

StuG Jeebus posted:

It's baffling to me that GW doesn't release a 20 man kit of them. They would sell like crazy. They could probably move that dread too if they packed some different guns with it, it's such a better looking pose than the regular box.

e: I mean a kit that includes the heavy weapons and cult leaders from the DE box, just fyi.

I suspect it's because they'd need to make new plastic sprues for them. They bits are mixed in amongst all sorts of bits on the Dark Vengenace sprues. They tooled a single 5 man sprue up for regular cultists, and I'm guessing that they don't think there's much of a market for people who want to run cultists and are really fussed about sprinkling a few different weapons in there. Especially once you consider the ability to convert or hunt down someone reselling DV cultists.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Finished the GT heat with a 4-1 record (only lost to the eventual winner who went undefeated) so very pleased with that. I played against Adeptus Mechanicus, Tyranids, Chaos, Space Marines and Tau in that order, and lost to the alpha-striking Chaos list.

Catachan is an absolutely clutch regiment doctrine and was key throughout for my artillery-heavy army. The Greyfax + Catachan officer combo giving Leadership 11 came in useful and S4 on Guardsmen comes up more often than you'd think. Eversor Assassins continue to be insane, although in my last game they got stuck on like 6 Tau drones and basically did nothing which could have cost me the game if I hadn't gotten the table. The Eternal War missions still kind of suck, even from Chapter Approved.

I came 12th overall from a field of 85, joint on points with everyone from like 5th downwards. The GW events have a funny scoring system where you get 6pts for a win, 2pts for a draw and 0pts for a loss (so 30pts for gaming total). There's then 10pts available for "Favourite Opponent" and "Favourite Army" - i.e. who did you like playing against the most, and whose army from the ones you played was the nicest? Each player gets 2 votes in each category. I was in the pack of people who got 27pts overall, which in my case meant I was 2 people's favourite or second-favourite game and 1 person's favourite opposing army. From my point of view, choosing a favourite army was easy since there were 2 which I really liked (Ork Mech and the Tau guy), but favourite opponent was basically impossible since everyone I played was great. Even the Chaos guy was a cool dude and we had a long chat afterwards, the game sucked because it was over in a turn but that was no reflection on him as a person. I ended up going with my guy from game 4, who could have been a real dick about time to force a loss on me but took the high road instead, and then 4+ing it between the Tyranid and Tau players since they were both great guys and the point could help either of them make top 40. In the end they both did, which was cool.

The tiebreaker system is a little odd. You record whether or not you scored Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker and First Blood and also how much of your opponent's army you killed. The tiebreaks are in that order, so if you're on equal game points then whoever got the most StW wins, then Linebreaker if that was still a draw, then First Blood etc. I was bottom of the people on the same GT points because I didn't score First Blood once all weekend, because I didn't go first all weekend. I'd move up 3 places if it was based on points destroyed. :shrug: It doesn't matter but it's a slightly odd way of doing things.

Unfortunately despite qualifying for it I can't make the final, because it's the same weekend as my city's 10k which I've already signed up and paid for. Besides that it's being held at Warhammer Fest and some of the literature seems to imply it's being held over 3 days (Friday-Sunday), which at that time of year is literally not possible for me without giving work tons of advance warning. It would have been nice if they'd announced the final date at the same time as the heats, because it's kind of dumb that I can qualify strongly then not be able to make it because of logistics which could have been avoided if they'd just announced the date in August last year instead of randomly slipping it onto the website a couple of weeks ago. I did briefly consider trying to make it anyway but I have London GT the week after so I'll just go to that instead.

Anyway no-one cares about all the gaming poo poo. There were 7 guys up for Best Army (the 8th guy was honest that he hadn't painted a couple of his forts himself, so took himself out of it) and they were a real treat. There was the Ork Mech dude, an Ad Mech army in orange which looked basically like mine but better (and insanely quickly painted - he did 10 Sicarians on the Friday night of the event and they looked great), an awesome converted Death Guard, Tyranids with a custom Skyshield pad, a cool classic Eldar army, a really nice Dark Eldar army again in orange, and then the loving insane wizard van Eldar holy poo poo. Unsurprisingly the last guy won. The army is absolutely incredible:

There's a whole gallery here with my terrible photos, hopefully they do them at least some justice: https://imgur.com/a/33QDt (unfortunately Imgur seems to have uploaded them out of order, I've tried to put them back together but not necessarily successfully)

There was a GW dude with a real camera and the advantage of being able to open the cabinets, so with any luck those pictures will surface soon and do a lot better than I have.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Feb 19, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

StuG Jeebus posted:

On the subject, but with a different army: Necron Warriors coming 12 to a box is the WORST. Their units are 10-20 models. So the choices are either run understrength units or buy more models than you need.

Just to make it worse, they're 4 complete models to a sprue. Why not just pack them in boxes of 20?!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

On the subject, but with a different army: Necron Warriors coming 12 to a box is the WORST. Their units are 10-20 models. So the choices are either run understrength units or buy more models than you need.

Just to make it worse, they're 4 complete models to a sprue. Why not just pack them in boxes of 20?!

Coming soon to a GW near you: Necron Warriors in boxes of 8!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Solution: necrons suffering from the Genesteal Virus

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

1"Corrode" posted:

Finished the GT heat with a 4-1 record (only lost to the eventual winner who went undefeated) so very pleased with that. I played against Adeptus Mechanicus, Tyranids, Chaos, Space Marines and Tau in that order, and lost to the alpha-striking Chaos list.

Catachan is an absolutely clutch regiment doctrine and was key throughout for my artillery-heavy army. The Greyfax + Catachan officer combo giving Leadership 11 came in useful and S4 on Guardsmen comes up more often than you'd think. Eversor Assassins continue to be insane, although in my last game they got stuck on like 6 Tau drones and basically did nothing which could have cost me the game if I hadn't gotten the table. The Eternal War missions still kind of suck, even from Chapter Approved.

I came 12th overall from a field of 85, joint on points with everyone from like 5th downwards. The GW events have a funny scoring system where you get 6pts for a win, 2pts for a draw and 0pts for a loss (so 30pts for gaming total). There's then 10pts available for "Favourite Opponent" and "Favourite Army" - i.e. who did you like playing against the most, and whose army from the ones you played was the nicest? Each player gets 2 votes in each category. I was in the pack of people who got 27pts overall, which in my case meant I was 2 people's favourite or second-favourite game and 1 person's favourite opposing army. From my point of view, choosing a favourite army was easy since there were 2 which I really liked (Ork Mech and the Tau guy), but favourite opponent was basically impossible since everyone I played was great. Even the Chaos guy was a cool dude and we had a long chat afterwards, the game sucked because it was over in a turn but that was no reflection on him as a person. I ended up going with my guy from game 4, who could have been a real dick about time to force a loss on me but took the high road instead, and then 4+ing it between the Tyranid and Tau players since they were both great guys and the point could help either of them make top 40. In the end they both did, which was cool.

The tiebreaker system is a little odd. You record whether or not you scored Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker and First Blood and also how much of your opponent's army you killed. The tiebreaks are in that order, so if you're on equal game points then whoever got the most StW wins, then Linebreaker if that was still a draw, then First Blood etc. I was bottom of the people on the same GT points because I didn't score First Blood once all weekend, because I didn't go first all weekend. I'd move up 3 places if it was based on points destroyed. :shrug: It doesn't matter but it's a slightly odd way of doing things.

Unfortunately despite qualifying for it I can't make the final, because it's the same weekend as my city's 10k which I've already signed up and paid for. Besides that it's being held at Warhammer Fest and some of the literature seems to imply it's being held over 3 days (Friday-Sunday), which at that time of year is literally not possible for me without giving work tons of advance warning. It would have been nice if they'd announced the final date at the same time as the heats, because it's kind of dumb that I can qualify strongly then not be able to make it because of logistics which could have been avoided if they'd just announced the date in August last year instead of randomly slipping it onto the website a couple of weeks ago. I did briefly consider trying to make it anyway but I have London GT the week after so I'll just go to that instead.

Anyway no-one cares about all the gaming poo poo. There were 7 guys up for Best Army (the 8th guy was honest that he hadn't painted a couple of his forts himself, so took himself out of it) and they were a real treat. There was the Ork Mech dude, an Ad Mech army in orange which looked basically like mine but better (and insanely quickly painted - he did 10 Sicarians on the Friday night of the event and they looked great), an awesome converted Death Guard, Tyranids with a custom Skyshield pad, a cool classic Eldar army, a really nice Dark Eldar army again in orange, and then the loving insane wizard van Eldar holy poo poo. Unsurprisingly the last guy won. The army is absolutely incredible:

There's a whole gallery here with my terrible photos, hopefully they do them at least some justice: https://imgur.com/a/33QDt (unfortunately Imgur seems to have uploaded them out of order, I've tried to put them back together but not necessarily successfully)

There was a GW dude with a real camera and the advantage of being able to open the cabinets, so with any luck those pictures will surface soon and do a lot better than I have.

What was the rest of the chaos list and how'd your last two games go?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Naramyth posted:

What was the rest of the chaos list and how'd your last two games go?

Chaos was:

Death Guard Super Heavy Auxillary
Mortarion
Alpha Legion Battalion (all Slaanesh)
Daemon Prince + wings + 2 malefic talons
Sorcerer + jump pack + force sword
40 cultists
10 cultists
10 cultists
3 obliterators
3 obliterators
World Eaters Battalion
Dark Apostle
Exalted Champion + power sword
8 Berzerkers
5 Berzerkers
5 Berzerkers
Rhino
Rhino

It's pretty standard stuff I think, I just wasn't prepared for it.

Game 4 I played against a Guilliman gunline with 3x quad-las Preds, a couple of Assbacks and 6 Inceptors, Celestine, Scouts, the usual. The Eversors and Bullgryn were clutch, as was picking the deployment zone where I got to hide in the corner behind a massive LoS blocker which meant nothing to me but neutered a lot of his shooting potential. At the end of turn 4 he had nothing but a resurrected Celestine. This was where it got a little spicy, because he was 1 VP ahead and we only had a couple of minutes left in the round and he could easily have insisted we had no more time, but instead we settled on the tabling because I was blatantly in the winning position (definitely going to table next turn and would get ahead on points in turn 5 anyway).

Game 5 was Tau, with two of those Forge World Y'avhra things, whatever the Hazard suits are with like 16 shots each and a bunch of commanders, drones and stealth suits. He got turn 1, but he got too focused on the Bullgryn and although he wiped them out it took most of his army so I just turned around and blew everything off the board. At the end of turn 3 he had 2 stealth suits left cowering behind some barrels, so we called it there.

Overall I think my list performed well, but it lacks board control and I got very lucky a couple of times. Needs a little work, probably either finding space for some Scout Sentinels to push up the table and block DS or getting some Scouts in to do the same - Ratlings don't really cut it.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Corrode posted:

Chaos was:

Death Guard Super Heavy Auxillary
Mortarion
Alpha Legion Battalion (all Slaanesh)
Daemon Prince + wings + 2 malefic talons
Sorcerer + jump pack + force sword
40 cultists
10 cultists
10 cultists
3 obliterators
3 obliterators
World Eaters Battalion
Dark Apostle
Exalted Champion + power sword
8 Berzerkers
5 Berzerkers
5 Berzerkers
Rhino
Rhino

Any reason the daemon prince doesn’t have the sword or axe?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Talons are pretty much better in every way.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Finished up my squad of Swooping Hawks! First face I've painted in years. The wings have a metallic mixed into the paints for a shine - unfortunately it makes it look like it's entirely coated at certain angles.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

x-post from the Perfect Game system Warhammer 30k thread

Hixson posted:

finished this guy:

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
This is a bit of a longshot, but is anyone here interested in a bunch of original plastic Plague Marines for a very reasonable price? They're all mostly paint stripped and collected from several Ebay auctions; 18 total, one is glued together and has a chainsword modded on, two have their pickelhaube spike broken off, and one is missing the bolter arm but otherwise they're complete. PM if interested.

Karl Rove fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 19, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hixson posted:

x-post from the Perfect Game system Warhammer 30k thread

Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Clearly it's meant to be bought in groups of 5 for a full strength battalion.