Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

shut up about maskenf. our content is reddit fools

yes. yes, do it. follow your heart :3:

quote:

I suggested we marry (on paper) so she can use my health insurance plan to seek better healthcare and work on her issues.

gently caress. Yes. Make this mistake, you will regret it but you'll have a lifetime of pain, drama, and someone attempting to murder you within 2 years. Bring your own meth and you can shorten your stay in hell to only 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Dating a crazy meth addict sounds like fun but then you figure out it's every night "oh, meth again...alright".

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Sheeee's the crazy meth girlfriend...

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I was supportive of dating methy until he mentioned BDSM. Now I will only support that decision if he buys a pair of bolt cutters.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
When I say BDSM I mean handcuff you and go spend your money on meth. A little findom with your BDSM, if you will.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Pick posted:

ermmmm

dads a dead piggybank

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

Me [25f] with my spouse [26m] 2.5 years, our marriage is pretty much dying. At least it is in my eyes. No sex, constant video games, and mean-ness.Relationships
213 points 83 comments submitted 2 years ago by 158214444 to r/relationships
I feel like I'm going absolutely crazy. I'm on the edge of leaving or staying and trying, for a second time, to re-work all of this out.

I love the person I'm married too. Or at least I loved that person. Now, after two years of living with that person I'm not so sure anymore. Neglect and dead bedroom are probably the top two stress factors that are killing our marriage right now. Last night bleeding into this morning just made it all that much worse.

We haven't had sex in about two months now. Save one time where he randomly bent me over the couch without a word, hosed me for about 30 seconds, came, and then went back to playing his video games. He works hard and gets off late and then goes to the gym and stays there anywhere from an hour to three hours. He comes back and complains about how fat he is (he isn't, he gained a slight amount of weight but fat is an over-exaggeration) and tells me he will have sex with me when he starts to feel better about himself.

Well now that he's down below 180 I suggested sex. He rejected me because of a yeast infection I had at the beginning of this month that I was prescribed a pill to get rid of. He said he didn't want to do anything that could further "mess up my vagina". He told me this before the random couch bend over thing.

So yeah. I feel way less than desirable. I work hard and maintain the house and keep him fed three times a day and feel like the ugliest, stupidest, most annoying wife in the world. There was this insane attraction when we met and now absolutely nothing. I still love and am attracted to him but he just doesn't even seriously touch me. He'll joke around and touch me in a joking kind of way. Then sit there and talk about how hot these actresses and video game characters are claiming he likes to see me jealous and makes crass jokes about how I should get together with the neighbor's wife.

He's always playing games. Which is fine, honestly. But doesn't help out around the house and of course our sex life and communication skills are suffering. I'll go to bed and he'll be up there hours later turning on the light and shuffling around loudly to announce his presence. Then he'll jokingly tell me I can take advantage of him while he sleeps then will be like "nevermind because glances at my legs ew you have your thing going on".

It's always about him. If I'm upset about something he declares me an enemy and gives me the silent treatment until he freaks out and accuses me of being in love with someone else. If I voice concerns he talks over me and turns it all around and makes it into what I'm doing wrong that's prompting his actions. Or straight up makes it my fault. There's always excuses and arguments are never productive.

We went to marriage counseling last year and that seemed to help out quite a bit. My mom suggested we go again but I'm just fed up. I'm young and if I get out now I can finish school and get a nice job and just be alone. I've never wanted to be with anyone else but him. However, I'm getting this strong desire to just be by myself.

He got pissed this morning because he went through my internet history and saw that I was looking up information for out of state schools and military. He then packed up all of his things and put them in his truck and told me he wasn't going to work today because of me and that I should be happy with myself. I don't know if he did go or didn't or what's going on but I haven't called or texted him yet.

Should I give this another shot? I've been told that we're still new to each other and can get counseling and work through it. Compromise is the key. But what happens when compromise isn't in his vocabulary and I'm just unsatisfied with the person I married?

TLDR Married to someone who won't have sex with me, turns things around and makes them my fault, treats me like I'm awful, and is never home. We've gone to counseling before but look how well that worked. On the fence with whether or not I should give counseling a try or get out while I'm still young and be alone for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh5yC8z4Pjg

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

I, too, have a pirate riddle: bleave blim

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I feel like going to r/thebluepill and going for that special low-hanging fruit that only comes from r/theredpill

r/legaladvice posted:

Pre-coital agreement advice?

I am looking for advice about what to include in my pre-coital agreement. Because of the draconian treatment of men in litigation over allegations of sexual misconduct or so-called harassment, my colleagues and friends have begun to employ paper agreements with the women they date. I am going to follow their lead.

So far the items I verbally confirm are as follows:

Any and all sexual activity is consensual unless formally objected to.

Sexual activity is not to be construed as an intent to enter into a relationship.

I won't tell anybody about it and you won't tell anybody about it.

Non-exclusivity.

My friends have employed clauses that assume any ongoing encounters are engaged by the other party, that paternal obligation is foregone if contraception fails (akin to sperm donorship I have been told), and they cover ownership of property she leaves at his place.

This need for the friends started when a friend had to be bailed out of jail for, when leaving his girlfriend of three years for natural lack of desire to remain therewith, she asserted he stole the iPhone she bought him and the last 6 months of consensual sex, usually engaged by her, were suddenly "rape." It's becoming more and more clear that it's dangerous for men to not be protected from this type of behavior.

Of course, I'm also interested in knowing how enforceable these are.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Catalina posted:

I feel like going to r/thebluepill and going for that special low-hanging fruit that only comes from r/theredpill

Just make sure you have a notary present for each act of coitus.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
The great thing about pulling out a sex contract pre-sexing is that it will 100% prevent any chance of the sex going wrong. Because nobody will have sex with you after seeing that poo poo.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Sex contract guy owns hard

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Catalina posted:

loving men, jesus christ

do you really think the deck is stacked that hard against you?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
"I won't tell anybody about it and you won't tell anybody about it."

That's what women like to hear.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Catalina posted:

"How can it be rape, officer, if I never received an objection by certified mail, return receipt requested?" :smug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
reminds me of that guy who was like "women like being a little afraid of you :smug: "

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Pick posted:

ermmmm

Even if I don't agree with her choice in men, I'm glad she found somebody. Her husband died the day he had that stroke. There might still be a man who looks like him, but it's not the same person she married. All that's left is a withered husk with the foul demon dementia living inside of it. It's still painful for everyone involved, but visiting him at the memory care facility will fix nothing. The only thing it will accomplish is to reopen old wounds.

Sadly, stories like this are a dime a dozen.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Fututor Magnus posted:

clitoris has a densely packed assortment of sensory nerves, and it's best to provide peripheral stimulation rather than poking and prodding, and direct stimulation should be as gentle as possible.

also, women don't realize this but you should finger men too, the prostate can be stimulated through anal fingering and can add to the sexual intercourse experience. plus, men need to explore new sexual horizons and are usually too stupid and proud to do it themselves, so a helping finger up every man's anus during sexual congress will go a long way towards sexual enlightenment of the male gender of humanity.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a woman who is willing to try this? Even with you doing all the prep work and having an ample supply of nitrile examination gloves?

"That's weird and gross" or "Are you gay?"

Also, it gets portrayed as yet another deviant thing that men want from women and should be ashamed of asking for. There are pages and pages online about the best ways to begin to bring this topic up to a woman.

It's all worth it though, a hundred times over. Words fail.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Beachcomber posted:

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a woman who is willing to try this? Even with you doing all the prep work and having an ample supply of nitrile examination gloves?

"That's weird and gross" or "Are you gay?"

Also, it gets portrayed as yet another deviant thing that men want from women and should be ashamed of asking for. There are pages and pages online about the best ways to begin to bring this topic up to a woman.

It's all worth it though, a hundred times over. Words fail.

My loving God, this derail is like a polyp that won't go away.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I once asked a dude if he would be interested in trying that (prostate stimulation) ever and he yelled at me for bringing it up

How to tell my extremely religious neighbor [30+F] that I'm [24M] not interested in going to their church or "following their gospel"?

quote:

u/Burrrr

Alright, so I just moved into an apartment and finally met one of my neighbors.. Who is extremely religious. The first time I introduced myself to her, she was trying to recruit me to her church. I didn't boldly say no at the time, but more so just kind of went along with what she was saying (not agreeing with anything, though) until I could steer the conversation away from church.

I am not a religious person, nor do I want to be.

Today when I returned home and had my girlfriend with me. She ran over and said "Hey!" and introduced herself to my girlfriend, and started the same pitch over again. In the past, when I have told people that I'm not religious, they seem to take it as a "Oh, let me convert you!" opportunity. Additionally, I worry that someone that is this religious will not like to hear when I say "I'm sorry, I'm really not religious, I am not interested. Thank you though." I don't want to put myself on bad terms with any neighbors, let alone be viewed as though I'm the antichrist or something...

How can I most neutrally and politely tell her to stop trying to push her religious views on me. It's getting bothersome at this point, and she is super sweet, so I don't want to tell her to just get stuffed.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate any advice and/or similar stories with how you dealt with a situation like this.

Cheers.

tl;dr: Neighbor is religious as gently caress and keeps attempting to invite me to her church, or over for dinner while the Sisters and Elders of her church are there to teach me to "follow the gospel".. I am not interested at all. How to say no without appearing like I'm the antichrist or something..?

EDIT: Thank you all for your advice, I really do appreciate you taking the time to read my situation and offer me your input. These encounters haven't occurred much, nor have they been close together in frequency. I run into this neighbor every once in a while; with that said, the time that it takes for me to provide an update may be longer than expected. However, I will report back to let you all know how I went about handling it, and her response as well.

If this is the South I'm sorry to say that the only solution is to move

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NWEdg3ozOg

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My loving God, this derail is like a polyp that won't go away.

I was out all day!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

A post from the much less well-known, but equally a hilarious a goldmine r/marriedredpill (ostensibly a site for good conservative submissive women to seek advice from each other on how to be good Stepford wives, but from what I recall is also full of alts of red pill guys telling them how to act)

"r/marriedredpill" posted:

Husband's mother infantilizes him, then he brings it home.

After hanging around this community for a while and seeing how lovely you ladies are I have decided to bring you a problem I would like some help with. I want to preface this by saying I love my husband, he is amazing, but he has always had these occasional bouts of child-like attention-demanding behaviors. They are extremely vexing to me, as I'm sure you guys can imagine. Recently I realized they are linked to his mother (...duh... can't believe it took me 12 years to put it together) and now I would really like to try to sort it out, because I am finding it much more troublesome.

What is the problem? (Neutral phrasing: use words like "we," and "our" so that you aren't trying to off-load problems at your SO's feet when there's actually plenty of blame to go around)

I'm really not sure how to neutral-phrase this, and I've thought about it for a while.... So if this is wrong I would appreciate some help with editing it to make it right.
The problem is after spending any amount of time with his mother my husband begins behaving towards me in exactly the same manner as my three year old. He will pull down his pants and moon me while I'm taking dinner out of the oven, then shout "look at it!!!" over and over, or begin trying to stick his finger up my nose or some other "gross out" type thing while we are having a pleasant conversation, or eating dinner or something.
I don't want you all to think I am a total stick in the mud-- we joke around, and wrestle, and have water fights in the bathroom, and generally 'play' all the time... But this is different. There is a demand for attention under it that I just don't know how to describe. Further, I don't seem to be capable of giving the attention that's wanted. More on that below.

What are your faults? How have you contributed to the creation of these issues?

I have definitely contributed to the creation of this issue by being absolutely terrified to address it in any way. This seems exactly like the type of thing that any attempt to talk openly about in an in depth manner will make far worse. And, since I can't figure out what he's really asking me for, I have failed to meet the need he is expressing with this behavior.

Why do you think this (these) problem(s) manifested?

He has always had bouts of this weird behavior, but it was misty and hard to define when it began and our normal play/banter ended. But, I have recently realized that the child-like behaviors ONLY appear for several days after he sees or talked to his mother. I got it after watching him do it to her on Thanksgiving. She was in the middle of a business phone call and he ran up to her with both of his fingers in his nose and started making fart noises. She asked the caller to hold and put all her attention on him and proceeded to heap praise on him like you would a small child, "Aren't you the funniest boy! Oh my. You silly, cute thing! I just love you so much, you are the joy of my life with your funny jokes!"

What steps have you already taken to try and resolve the problem?

I have told him once of twice that I think he's really funny, and I know the kids love to play like that, but I don't really like it. It seemed to crush him, like I would expect if I had told him I don't like being intimate with him or something.
I have tried to distract him from the child-like behavior by giving him a long hug, or a deep kiss. This actually seemed to make him angry, and he would just get more rough with whatever type of 'play' he had been trying to initiate.
I have tried to play along with him, but he doesn't like this either, and will again get more angry, rough. It seems that he doesn't want me to play with him, he wants me to... watch him play? After watching what his mom did, he might want me to... complement it?
I have tried to give him lots of praise and reassurance on other positive traits (how sexy he is, what an amazing father he is, how smart he is, etc.) but it seems to have no effect on cutting down the child's play.
Now I will try to laugh and get into the "fun" as much as I can, but I feel like there is never real fun behind it... He always ends up walking away from me looking frustrated and rejected.

How long has this been an issue?

Forever (12 years), but thankfully sometimes it only crops up a few times a year. However, recently his mother has been recovering form a hip replacement and has been coming to stay with us a lot, and I am at my wits end.

Are you making a mountain out of a mole-hill If a woman you really despised came to you with this issue, would you still think it's a legitimate concern? Or would you tell her she's throwing things out of proportion?

Definitely. I love my husband. He is my hero. He is the hardest working, smartest man I know, and I am blessed beyond words to walk beside him every day. However, I do feel this constitutes an unhealthy cycle in our marriage that I watch play out over and over, and I would like to try to improve it if possible.

How's your bedroom life right now? Are you taking care of his needs emotionally and physically?

Bedroom life is usually mind blowing, but I have noticed that when he goes through these little spells he will not want sex for a few days before and after. If I try to initiate he will reject, sometimes with more "play."
If anyone reads all of this I will be shocked, but thanks in advance for any input! I want to reiterate, this is not a major problem and our 12 year relationship is very happy and blessed, but if I could find a way to improve this it would be.... even moreso.

Your husband is mooning you like your 3-year old, and around that time he doesn't want to have sex with you. Yes, you are definitely making a mountain out of a molehill, and this is absolutely all mostly your fault. :bang:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That’s one way to make her cycle

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What happens to a mommas boy when his mom dies? What occurs there?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Catalina posted:

I think that came up before and the op's other threads are also pretty hilarious.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
r/marriedredpill and r/redpillwomen are the two saddest subreddits. Reading them makes me feel like somebody is slowly crushing my windpipe.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh God from the comments:

Lady it's not you it's him posted:

I am also scared to address it because he hasn't reacted well when I have tried to softly bring it up in the past. When I told him I don't really like "gross" or "rough" play but the kids do and I love to snuggle with him, for example, he responded that I don't like fun and I don't like him, then sulked off to another room for the remainder of the afternoon. For our particular calm day to day dynamic, this is a BIG response with a LOT of anger. I spent the next few days trying to reassure him that I liked him while he gave me the cold shoulder.

I sometimes wonder if I can't give the appropriate reaction because he doesn't want a reaction from me he wants one from her and there is some sort of.... transference.... going on. It could also explain why he shuts down sexually during these periods too. And if it is that, maybe the recent uptick in the behavior can be somewhat explained by his mother suffering with a typical "old lady" ailment (the broken hip) and him coming to terms with her mortality/a sort of 'who will be my mommy now' thing?
But I'm not super interested in being his mommy.

Wait does that mean that she's KIND OF interested in being his mommy? :stonk:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

girl pants posted:

r/marriedredpill and r/redpillwomen are the two saddest subreddits. Reading them makes me feel like somebody is slowly crushing my windpipe.

Yeah, there's been a lot of terrible poo poo to go through before I find one that has something funny in it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pick posted:

See the documentary Psycho.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Asserting my alpha dominance by being a mopey booger monster for several days after visiting mommy.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Smartest man i know tells me to look at his rear end mid dinner preparation and sticks his fingees up his nose.

:allears: my hero :allears:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The worst thing is knowing that people like this ostensibly still, you know, go outside and buy stuff, so is this the kind of situation that those retail horror stories come from? These loving broken rear end lunatics?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Honestly my first thought there is dude is getting sexually abused and acting out in a similar manner as a sexually abused child does.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

The craziest fuckin' meltdown you'll ever see.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I've been searching for a while, but I can't find my favorite, the post of the guy seeking advice after tried to manipulate his wife by threatening to cheat on his wife and started an internet messaging emotional affair with another woman, so the woman went out and hosed the husband of the woman he was having the emotional affair with, first. I've failed you, SA.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Ok, last one I swear.
"My wife sent me a flirty text, please Internet, help me over-analyze this and find the biggest way I can justify being a jerk and getting away with it. I'm sure this mindset is the path to complete panty-domination and will totally not sabotage our already healthy sex life."

"The Bizarre alternate universe of r/askMRP posted:

Step into my life for a minute. I know what choice I'm picking, but am curious to see what others in this think-tank would do.

My wife texts: If you get the ladder from the neighbors, tonight I'll wear this for you [and she includes a picture of a piece of lingerie that she hasn't worn in 6 months].

Details: We have ladders at our house, but the tallest is 10 feet. She needs a 16 foot ladder to reach a window we have where she is doing something for Christmas. We borrow this ladder once each year, for a period of 20 minutes. I walk across the street, grab it, then take it back. It's awkward and too heavy for her to carry on her own.

As far as the lingerie, no big deal. I like it, but it's not a deal breaker. We are screwing an average of every day for the past month. Sometimes we miss a day, but we do it twice the following day.

Some choices are as follows:

No response. Always a safe bet and this is what I usually do.

Respond with: "Of course I will get the ladder." and leave it at that. A problem with this is that can be interpreted that OF COURSE I will do it since lingerie is the prize. She will think that she is motivating me with her sex. AWALT. Again, I want her to know I'm doing it because it needs to be done.

Be more overt. "Of course I will get the ladder because it needs to be done and I do things." This explicitly negates the lingerie.

Even more overt: "Of course I will get the ladder because it needs to be done and I do things. We are having sex whether or not I get the ladder."

My choice is #1. I'll update her later tonight to let you know the outcome.
UPDATE: I didn't respond. Got the ladder. Had sex.

Bonus points for him writing out 4 stupid possible responses, getting some reasonable advice (for /askMRP) that your wife is flirting with you idiot and you have a healthy sex life, what the gently caress are you doing?; and then deciding to go with the stupid response he always does anyway.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I read a little bit of r/askMRP and every woman whose husband posts on there needs a divorce, pronto.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

this is some bizarre modern day morality play

As always, guess if it's the US or Pakistan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ziv Zulander posted:

Even if I don't agree with her choice in men, I'm glad she found somebody. Her husband died the day he had that stroke. There might still be a man who looks like him, but it's not the same person she married. All that's left is a withered husk with the foul demon dementia living inside of it. It's still painful for everyone involved, but visiting him at the memory care facility will fix nothing. The only thing it will accomplish is to reopen old wounds.

Sadly, stories like this are a dime a dozen.

I'm gonna point back to the part where she brought the guy to family functions with her stroked-out husband's side of the family because CHRIST THAT'S WEIRD. She's staying with the husband for money reasons and bringing around a boyfriend to her still-husband's family gatherings. And the husband still remembers her, she's ghosting him while he's dying. She's just letting him suffer while he begs to see her again.