Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

In Europe at least, the 8 series are very desirable cars. The 840s are actually more valuable as they bring the same performance without having the terrifying v12 maintenance :) Personally I think they are awesome, I'd love to have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Collateral Damage posted:

Just keep riding the wheelie forever.

https://i.imgur.com/DKttWCm.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The motogp slomo shots are legit my favorite part of every race. The bikes are so drat expressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1rux-mNKo

I can't figure out why bike racing isn't more popular for spectators. I get that F1 is faster and has better marketing, but cars are relatively boring to watch. Plus motogp races are pure sprints, they aren't won in the pits.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

xzzy posted:

I can't figure out why bike racing isn't more popular for spectators. I get that F1 is faster and has better marketing, but cars are relatively boring to watch. Plus motogp races are pure sprints, they aren't won in the pits.

Love cars, have never been into bikes. That said, I watch motogp and quit watching F1 some years back because it's so terrible in comparison. Motogp is awesome and so are the riders. I don't feel like they have a script to say after each race and they all seem to be having fun out there rather than being gimped by stupid rules and poo poo vehicles.

So yeah, can't agree more. It's better in pretty much every way.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sheit, you should get into watching Irish Road Racing. Those dudes are all fuckin characters.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

xzzy posted:

I think my point is the mid/late 90's was not a good era for body styling.

:frogout:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BlackMK4 posted:

Sheit, you should get into watching Irish Road Racing. Those dudes are all fuckin characters.
I haven't watched any.

But I picture someone staggering back to the road after highsiding into a field of sheep at three-figure speeds, and a farmer in a battered Hilux rumbling up and asking "Y'alright there lads?"

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Grakkus posted:

In Europe at least, the 8 series are very desirable cars. The 840s are actually more valuable as they bring the same performance without having the terrifying v12 maintenance :) Personally I think they are awesome, I'd love to have one.

They still go for ~$12k at the low end in the midwest, whereas you can get a 750il with the same engine for ~$3k. Not super desirable, but holding value pretty well for a car that no one remembers

I love them, they're almost the Ur-90's sports coupe. I wish the pop up headlights would either be higher, like Porsches and Mazdas, or try to keep the lines of the car, like an Opel GT

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

xzzy posted:

The motogp slomo shots are legit my favorite part of every race. The bikes are so drat expressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1rux-mNKo

Related video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ozW7DtroGE

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No, he's right. The 90's were all about melted bars of soap.

I mean, which MR2 do you like more?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Uh, no, the looked of melted plastic and oval orgies is not a good look.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

InitialDave posted:

I haven't watched any.

But I picture someone staggering back to the road after highsiding into a field of sheep at three-figure speeds, and a farmer in a battered Hilux rumbling up and asking "Y'alright there lads?"

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

No, he's right. The 90's were all about melted bars of soap.

I mean, which MR2 do you like more?

I mean, I liked the Kouki 240sx... And I wanted a second gen MR2 turbo when I was in high school so I guess that explains my nostalgia.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

xzzy posted:

It's fairly popular. Dorna runs its own live streaming site though where most dedicated fans watch it, so it unfortunately doesn't get as much broadcast air time as it deserves.

When I went to Italy to watch the San Marino race in 2015 the place was packed with people, although it's probably a poor data point since it's Rossi's home track.

It was great seeing the race live though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, I went to Indianapolis every year when they had the event there.

Coverage in the US is garbage, I have to buy the streaming option to be able to see it at all.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran

Larrymer posted:

Love cars, have never been into bikes. That said, I watch motogp and quit watching F1 some years back because it's so terrible in comparison. Motogp is awesome and so are the riders. I don't feel like they have a script to say after each race and they all seem to be having fun out there rather than being gimped by stupid rules and poo poo vehicles.

So yeah, can't agree more. It's better in pretty much every way.

This is the right take. MotoGP has been unbelievably good racing the past few seasons.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

xzzy posted:

Yeah, I went to Indianapolis every year when they had the event there.

Coverage in the US is garbage, I have to buy the streaming option to be able to see it at all.

Yeah I'm gonna buy it this coming season, I'm over missing late races or not having a the race televised at all. With the service you can watch the race at your leisure, and re watch any race you want.

MotoGP is pretty much the only racing series that i make an effort to watch, everything else is whatever.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I haven't watched MotoGP but Super GT is a fun watch.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
I've been enjoying the Formula E for the wild 'get out of one car and into another' pit stops, and being able to hear all the cars tyre squeals and collisions because they're so quiet.

Also the Gen2 cars look like they're from the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TypQX-Jx0hI

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rude Dude With Tude posted:

I've been enjoying the Formula E for the wild 'get out of one car and into another' pit stops, and being able to hear all the cars tyre squeals and collisions because they're so quiet.

New ridge racerfuturistic racing game i cant loving remember looking good

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Feb 19, 2018

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

New ridge racerfuturistic racing game i cant loving remember looking good

WipEout motherfucker

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The car swaps are gone this season, right?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

xzzy posted:

The car swaps are gone this season, right?

The current season is the last one of them, but they got rid of the minimum pit time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Rude Dude With Tude posted:

Oh hello.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well now we know where the concept for the halos came from.

If batman can see around a central pillar, so can F1/FE drivers right?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Alaois posted:

WipEout motherfucker

Listening to Atom Bomb right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMzCpy0fXc

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 20, 2018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BUY THAT

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

BUY THAT

Waaaaay too new, but look at it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Aspect ratio on that van is hosed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

Waaaaay too new, but look at it.

Buy it and store it until it can come here!

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Cage posted:

Aspect ratio on that van is hosed.

Yeah I fixed it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

What's "FREE CANDY" in Japanese?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

You gotta get one of the ones in Japan Post red.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Tiny but you still couldn't open the passenger door if someone parked next to you, those are some small rear end parking spots.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
It's weathered like it's the face of some post apocalypse Gundam

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

KakerMix posted:

It's weathered like it's the face of some post apocalypse Gundam

It looks like a computer from the 90's when people smoked in front of them all day long.Also, I like how white it is where the signage was removed.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

tobu posted:

It looks like a computer from the 90's when people smoked in front of them all day long.Also, I like how white it is where the signage was removed.

I wonder if Retrobrite works on clearcoat.

Where the hell did this poor van get used, inside a steel plant?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The weathering on that van doesn't even seem real, it's like that "patina" vinyl wrap insufferable scenesters use.