Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The other thing is that even if you think it is gross and disgusting so what your opinion is not the end all be all correct way of thinking and you need to realize that as you go through life. If you go to someone else's home then your rules are not paramount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

COMRADES posted:

Hi have you read the thread?

'cuz bizarre is reading the thread then concluding there is no issue when a 30 something year old is dating teenagers.

I have, and I think moralizing by proxy and setting up rigid rules about what relationships are ok is something I don't agree with :shrug:

I feel part of the freedom of being an adult is the freedom to make mistakes, and the way people react to mismatched age relationships really seems completely out of line with what's happening in those relationships.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I have, and I think moralizing by proxy and setting up rigid rules about what relationships are ok is something I don't agree with :shrug:

I feel part of the freedom of being an adult is the freedom to make mistakes, and the way people react to mismatched age relationships really seems completely out of line with what's happening in those relationships.

Yeah well you also think people should put the mortgage on buttcoins.

I mean I get what you're saying but at the same time I haven't met or heard of a single well adjusted 30-40+ year old dating teenagers. Yeah alright the teenager is free to make a mistake but the old person should be chastised for being a loving creepo. Sorry.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Big age gaps creep me out, but I've known plenty of women that go for guys way older than them. Who am I to tell them what they should find attractive? I will look down on sugar daddies/babies though.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
anyone who's going to come to my house in the middle of the day and then criticize how i choose to dress/undress can get the gently caress out forever

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
My [19F] girlfriend [17F] is sending me anonymous hate mail on Tumblr

quote:

u/throwaw9123048

What I said. I've been getting hate mail on there since a while after we started posting couple pics. A lot of it is about how I'm not hot enough to date my girlfriend (she's more traditionally pretty) but i kind of learned to look past it and think of it like a compliment? Like "lucky me" instead, haha.

Ive had this ip tracker installed on my blog for years because a long time ago i used to get suicide baiting asks. In case anybody doesn't know those are asks where people try to tell you nobody likes you and stuff like that. Really toxic. I put on my tracker so that I could find and confront the person, which i did, and then it stopped.

I realized that i forgot to uninstall the tracker and went onto the website after a long time. I noticed that even though all of this hate wasn't from the same place, some of it was being sent from my own IP. The only person that could do that is her.

This stuff doesn't even really hurt my feelings these days but... wtf?

Didn't say anything yet... my first thought is why she'd do that anyway? Why would she tell me that I'm ugly compared to her? It sounds so weird that i kinda wonder if i made some mistake..

Anyone have experience here |:

Tl;Dr: girlfriend is sending me anonymous hate mail about our relationship on tumblr.

Is this how young people flirt

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Besides it's not just age gap we're talking about a mentee-mentor relationship --> romantic relationship. That demonstrates lovely ethics and morals on the part of the mentor, regardless of age.

Leon Einstein posted:

Big age gaps creep me out, but I've known plenty of women that go for guys way older than them. Who am I to tell them what they should find attractive? I will look down on sugar daddies/babies though.

When 14-15 year olds have a crush on their history teacher the response isn't "well, who am I to tell them what they should find attractive?" it is "well, humans are human but the teacher is in a position of authority and shouldn't exploit it to gently caress young people being swamped with hormones."

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

criticizing people who are breastfeeding is playing with fire, he'll come across a crazy person one day

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

COMRADES posted:

Why?

I grew up seeing art of Madonna and Child so legit I don't understand what the problem is why are Americans so weird and prude about stuff like this? I mean I get you, you're a gay dude so already you hate titties but like....... she's in her own house with a 5 day old baby?

I've seen Roman art too but that doesn't mean I order pizza and then answer the door in a blanket when the pizza comes early and apologize about being in the middle of banging my partner but I'm about to come does he want to wait outside or come in while I finish up.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 20, 2018

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

criticizing people who are breastfeeding is playing with fire, he'll come across a crazy person one day

I hope he gets beaten to death with an engorged breast

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

COMRADES posted:

When 14-15 year olds have a crush on their history teacher the response isn't "well, who am I to tell them what they should find attractive?" it is "well, humans are human but the teacher is in a position of authority and shouldn't exploit it to gently caress young people being swamped with hormones."
So why are we talking about 14 and 15 year olds? I obviously wasn't talking about minors.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

girl pants posted:

Anonymous negging is the future

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boner confessor posted:

anyone who's going to come to my house in the middle of the day and then criticize how i choose to dress/undress can get the gently caress out forever

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Three Olives posted:

I've seen Roman art too but that doesn't I order pizza and then answer the door in a blanket when the pizza comes early and apologize about being in the middle of banging my partner but I'm about to come does he want to wait outside or come in while I finish up.

You bang a lot of 5 day olds?

Besides I guarantee you the pizza dude doesn't give a poo poo.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

girl pants posted:

The shitposting is coming from inside the house!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Leon Einstein posted:

So why are we talking about 14 and 15 year olds? I obviously wasn't talking about minors.

Because exploiting a mentee-mentor relationship when it is 16-19 and 30+ isn't any better.

I was simply trying to take "who am I to tell them what to find attractive" to it's logical conclusion. It's not like when you turn 18 a switch is flipped to make you not an idiot or something. Like here you are a child but in an hour FULL ADULT that's not how society really functions or works or thinks. You can't rent a car at 18.

Galaxy Brain
Dec 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Leon Einstein posted:

Yes you are, because again, the person in question was the girl's youth pastor. Grooming a minor doesn't magically become okay just because you wait to stick your dick in her until she turns 18.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
The part of this debate that always confused me is I just never really see it happening in public. i see some mom breastfeeding a baby maybe once a year, it's weird how many people have cultivated such strong feelings about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I decided to actually contribute a post from the Reddit instead of just being in the peanut gallery and saw a pretty good one, but when I came back fifteen minutes it was gone. It was a girl who sat in her married friend's lap and he got a boner, then his wife who wasn't there was bragging about the great sex they had later.

It read like a fake story tbh, but was entertaining

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Galaxy Brain posted:

Yes you are, because again, the person in question was the girl's youth pastor. Grooming a minor doesn't magically become okay just because you wait to stick your dick in her until she turns 18.
That's all speculation. The post says nothing about her being a mentee when she was underage, does it? Youth pastors deal with young adults too. I'm not saying this guy isn't creepy, but adding poo poo to the story that wasn't there to try to make a point is wrong. She's not absolved of her choices because he is a youth pastor. She's still banging a married dude by choice.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

The part of this debate that always confused me is I just never really see it happening in public. i see some mom breastfeeding a baby maybe once a year, it's weird how many people have cultivated such strong feelings about it.

Same

I bet if I was a breastfeeding mother I'd experience it a lot more, but I'm not going to have a baby just to find out how lovely people can be

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For real ages aside it's poor ethics/morals to start dating someone a decade younger than you that you are mentoring.

Leon Einstein posted:

That's all speculation. The post says nothing about her being a mentee when she was underage, does it? Youth pastors deal with young adults too. I'm not saying this guy isn't creepy, but adding poo poo to the story that wasn't there to try to make a point is wrong.

jfc dude. It's not speculation at all it's pretty clear actually that they had a prior established relationship which turned into 'something more.'

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I just can't imagine being grossed out by breastfeeding.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I just have to say, Chinese restaurants that are money laundering fronts have by far the best food. Yum yum lunch!

Galaxy Brain
Dec 13, 2017

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

That's going to vary a lot regionally and even personally. In the US there's still a huge stigma against breastfeeding publicly, as well as a lessening but still present stigma against breastfeeding at all. If you don't live in a progressive area and frequent places young families like to go to you're hardly ever going to see it.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
She literally says in the story she opened the door a crack and asked the dude if he wanted to wait a couple seconds for her to find a cover, she didn't kick the door open with her tits all hanging out.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also are we totally ignoring the bit about how she goes "I tried to set boundaries... but failed..." like

lol?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I decided to actually contribute a post from the Reddit instead of just being in the peanut gallery and saw a pretty good one, but when I came back fifteen minutes it was gone. It was a girl who sat in her married friend's lap and he got a boner, then his wife who wasn't there was bragging about the great sex they had later.

It read like a fake story tbh, but was entertaining

What possible good reason could a woman have to sit on her friend's husband's lap, and what on earth was he doing allowing her to do so.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rubellavator posted:

I just can't imagine being grossed out by breastfeeding.

I think a big part is Americans really don’t see it. I remember a lab mate was breastfeeding and always stressing about it and I was like, hey it’s fine literally it’s a baby, it’s actually a crime NOT to feed it

Galaxy Brain
Dec 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Leon Einstein posted:

That's all speculation. The post says nothing about her being a mentee when she was underage, does it? Youth pastors deal with young adults too. I'm not saying this guy isn't creepy, but adding poo poo to the story that wasn't there to try to make a point is wrong. She's not absolved of her choices because he is a youth pastor. She's still banging a married dude by choice.

Schtupping someone you have power over is always unethical, full stop. There is no magic wordcount you can hit that will change this fact, so no matter how many times you say "well we don't knowwwwwww" or "maybe this was one of those youth pastors that doesn't work with youths!" is not going to help you.

Are you loving a teenager yourself? Is that what this is about? Or do you just want to leave the door open in case you land a sweet tutoring gig someday?

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

dudeness posted:

She literally says in the story she opened the door a crack and asked the dude if he wanted to wait a couple seconds for her to find a cover, she didn't kick the door open with her tits all hanging out.

Not letting the facts get in the way of one's desire to rush in and spew terrible opinions is kind of a tradition in this thread

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

dudeness posted:

"Come in, the door is unlocked! Sorry, I'm taking a poo poo but feel free to make yourself comfortable until I get out of the bathroom!"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

girl pants posted:

Same

I bet if I was a breastfeeding mother I'd experience it a lot more, but I'm not going to have a baby just to find out how lovely people can be

Oh yeah I meant the people who are weird about it, not the moms. Like even if you were super hung up on any form of immodesty it's just such a rare occurrence I can't imagine developing that strong of feelings about it.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Three Olives posted:

"Come in, the door is unlocked! Sorry, I'm taking a poo poo but feel free to make yourself comfortable until I get out of the bathroom!"

She's feeding a baby not taking a poo poo you ninny

Galaxy Brain
Dec 13, 2017

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

Oh yeah I meant the people who are weird about it, not the moms. Like even if you were super hung up on any form of immodesty it's just such a rare occurrence I can't imagine developing that strong of feelings about it.

Again it's not rare, it only seems rare because there's a stigma.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If yo don’t feed the toilet it will die :ohdear:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Galaxy Brain posted:

Schtupping someone you have power over is always unethical, full stop. There is no magic wordcount you can hit that will change this fact, so no matter how many times you say "well we don't knowwwwwww" or "maybe this was one of those youth pastors that doesn't work with youths!" is not going to help you.

Are you loving a teenager yourself? Is that what this is about? Or do you just want to leave the door open in case you land a sweet tutoring gig someday?
Yes, I agree it is unethical for sure; I'm just saying that it isn't in the same ballpark as a youth pastor actually banging a 14 year old. The 19 year old is legally able to choose to have the relationship, no matter how unethical he is. It is also unethical to be banging a married guy. I just feel it is stupid to take away all of her agency like the guy hypnotized her or something.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Oh look we solved this problem like decades ago!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Baby is five days old. Babies need to eat! If you can't get over yourself enough to tolerate a baby being fed in your presence, then don't invite yourself over to a house with a baby less than one week old.

COMRADES posted:

Dude what a crazy person. I'm not a fan of seeing people breastfeeding in like a restaurant or whatever but dude.

They are just having a meal like everyone else in the restaurant, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Galaxy Brain posted:

Again it's not rare, it only seems rare because there's a stigma.
I imagine most mothers don't really wanna sit around in public with their tits out and a baby sucking away and it more comes up as a necessity than anyone's actual desire to be in that spot.