Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The woman is a genius. She set out to be an Olympian and became one. The only thing that would have made it better is if she just skied right down the middle of the pipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ignite Memories posted:

Yo, honestly, she has expended the smallest amount of effort possible to go out and gently caress a bunch of olympians and I think that makes her a hero. :911:

Smallest effort possible plus many thousands in travelling and accomodation costs over years.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Welcome back from your unjust imprisonment.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wendell posted:

Welcome back from your unjust imprisonment.

I'm even stronger than before

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Phanatic posted:

It's pretty wonderful. She identified what she needed to do to qualify and went out and did it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bad-american-skier-games-system-make-olympics-070235305.html

As the line goes, 80% of success is just showing up.

It's pretty impressive that despite years of constant racing, she resisted all temptation to improve.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_otp084pOB11vnq1cr_480.mp4

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.

How do I find the URL for this to link to someone? I don't want to have to download it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

As a monk fan, I get, and appreciate this

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

the popular kids posted:

How do I find the URL for this to link to someone? I don't want to have to download it.
Cmon man its in the post you quoted.

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_otp084pOB11vnq1cr_480.mp4

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Yes but that is a download link, forgive me if I'm an idiot but how do I change it just to view it?

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
Just copy the link as text and send it to whomever in an IM or SMS or e-mail? You could also paste it into Notepad and print it out and hand deliver it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy poo poo :randstare:

:golfclap:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

the popular kids posted:

Yes but that is a download link, forgive me if I'm an idiot but how do I change it just to view it?

You can also hit quote to generate a new post quoting him. The URL will be in a text you can copy there

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've never been more ashamed of my country than I am right now...we invented the 90's internet. We should have flag gifs and flaming letter links and spinning pentagrams and stuff. loving Trump...

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There we go!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://textfiles.com/underconstruction/

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

DandyLion posted:

This is someone from an impoverished desert nation isn't it?

Oakland. Close enough.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

kitties :neckbeard:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sure, but why is it funny?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Sure, but why is it funny?

I wanna know what the nonunderstandable enemies are. If he's got a good handle on The World and The Flesh, what's left?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/LFi6W5m.mp4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's adorable and awesome.

Adoresome.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

This girl has better moves than most of the goober magicians on YouTube. This is really good and cute.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

SpacePig posted:

This girl has better moves than most of the goober magicians on YouTube. This is really good and cute.

Youtube magicians would need 20 min. to get through that routine and we wouldn't even get an awesome cartwheel.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Clive James is really getting dark now

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

The woman is a genius. She set out to be an Olympian and became one. The only thing that would have made it better is if she just skied right down the middle of the pipe.

You should watch the actual broadcast. The commentators were trying really hard to sound professional through both her run and the replay, and then we also get reaction shots of the confused spectators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmhzRt2E0dQ

Also surprised none of you mentioned how hot she is.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I expected the second cat to just jump in where the first one was. That's what my cats do - one of them will be chilling somewhere comfortably, and the other one will come along and savage the first one, then settle into the comfy spot that was just vacated.

Meanwhile the other sleight-of-hand expert street urchins have lifted your wallet, to bring back to their elderly boss and mentor Fa Jin.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Truly the goon's champion. And in related videos "Susan Boyle" because of course.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wanna know what the nonunderstandable enemies are. If he's got a good handle on The World and The Flesh, what's left?

The enemy we can talk about is not the eternal enemy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Memento posted:

Meanwhile the other sleight-of-hand expert street urchins have lifted your wallet, to bring back to their elderly boss and mentor Fa Jin.

:bravo:

I love me some Dickens jokes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It is, for what it's worth. He's brought up in this Captain Disillusion video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5EDORs8Jkk

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

sandoz posted:

of course the gif cuts off before she does a leftside 180 which is the only part of her run that the average skiier couldn't do

I kind of get it, in the sense that a pro athlete makes a living off competing, which they can't do if they're injured, so minimize risk if you can.

Nah gently caress that. Spectator sport, do a flip