Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

“Parkland Puppets” was coined by conspiracy theorists thinking these kids are paid actors who had nothing to do with the events that transpired.

He is absolutely insulting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Calling them the "parkland puppets" and suggesting he is sick of them is insulting as they are brave teenagers trying to affect change in the world after going through horrific tragedy.

This shouldnt have to be said. It also plays into the building narrative the right is pushing that these kids are crisis actors, fakes, being coached, or what have you. Its despicable.
:yeah:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cinema discusso > armond white megathread

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hey it's better than Star Wars or goons randomly discussing sci fi/fantasy novels or whatever

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/3xchair/status/966138341468049408

Jesus Armond, that's pretty bad.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Brother Entropy posted:

cinema discusso > armond white megathread

Armond is glancing at cartoonish supervillainy so it works. They could call him...The Reviewer.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Okay, but, surely you grant that he's being sincere.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hey it's better than Star Wars or goons randomly discussing sci fi/fantasy novels or whatever

Legend of Galactic Heroes discussion is never inappropriate

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It’s not a defense; he’s not insulting the children.

gently caress you, you disingenuous little turd. Your whippet induced film analysis were passably entertaining, but defending White while he smears shooting survivors makes you an idiot or troll.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Jerkface posted:

This shouldnt have to be said. It also plays into the building narrative the right is pushing that these kids are crisis actors, fakes, being coached, or what have you. Its despicable.

He did not say they are crisis actors. He’s specifically written that they are children - and, since children are typically not good at understanding the media, they are perhaps inherently being manipulated.

White is making a reference to the conspiracy theory, but is not indulging in it. It’s along the lines of calling Hillary Clinton a reptilian.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He literally calls one of the children an actor in a tweet several posts up.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
take the L, smg

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Not only is White a terrible film reviewer he casually indulges in right wing conspiracy theories to his paltry number of followers on twitter. People defend this man.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

He did not say they are crisis actors. He’s specifically written that they are children - and, since children are typically not good at understanding the media, they are perhaps inherently being manipulated.

White is making a reference to the conspiracy theory, but is not indulging in it. It’s along the lines of calling Hillary Clinton a reptilian.

SMG, just, don't do this man.

You're better than this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Armond I trusted you! You were the chosen one, meant to bring balance to the films!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Crackbone posted:

gently caress you, you disingenuous little turd. Your whippet induced film analysis were passably entertaining, but defending White while he smears shooting survivors makes you an idiot or troll.
Pretty much, yeah.
We all knew it was a matter of time before semi entertaining SMG supported the mockery of school shooting survivors or defended pedophilia or something so put the CD flag at half mast

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Burkion posted:

SMG, just, don't do this man.

You're better than this.

Since when

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Armond I trusted you! You were the chosen one, meant to bring balance to the films!

You gotta love the art, not the artist. Men are flawed. Men can fail. But a review that demolishes The Avengers can last forever.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Men are still good

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
SMG can be fun but kind of crazy to see so many people acting legit shocked that someone who posts like SMG does is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Neo Rasa posted:

SMG can be fun but kind of crazy to see so many people acting legit shocked that someone who posts like SMG does is a huge rear end in a top hat.

It’s not quite as offensive when he’s being an rear end in a top hat about the avengers. Posting defenses of conspiracy actor bullshit isn’t the same.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Burkion posted:

Men are still good

But he's an advanced chatbot. He's been corrupted like his sister Tay.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is what he's referring to when he says parkland puppets btw
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/966099866257588230?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

So in addition to everything else it's anti-Semitic as gently caress

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

As a radical leftist i believe children should not be gunned down in classrooms i know this is a controversial stance to take but im going to take it.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Pretty much, yeah.
We all knew it was a matter of time before semi entertaining SMG supported the mockery of school shooting survivors or defended pedophilia or something so put the CD flag at half mast

If I say that coverage of the 9/11 attacks was racist and link that to the popularity of ‘Bush did 9/11’ theories, that is not ‘supporting the mockery of 9/11 survivors’.

But we’re in an atmosphere where you’re equating White’s rudeness with pedophila. Obviously too soon.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I’ve been misreading his name as Almond and I was thinking “who names their kid Almond?”

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Nah I knew you'd say that but I was just referencing that old goon (who was like, forums famous for being super old?) who chose his hill to die on as being the whole "Ephebophilia" thing 😂
Goons pick their hills.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

If I say that coverage of the 9/11 attacks was racist and link that to the popularity of ‘Bush did 9/11’ theories, that is not ‘supporting the mockery of 9/11 survivors’.

But we’re in an atmosphere where you’re equating White’s rudeness with pedophila. Obviously too soon.
You’re enjoying this attention aren’t you?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rudeness? He's calling them crisis actors.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Burkion posted:

Men are still good

Armond is still garbage.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

sponges posted:

You’re enjoying this attention aren’t you?

I mean, you're enjoying being able to repeatedly and gleefully call SMg names.

We're all on the forums to have a good time, ultimately.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

I mean, you're enjoying being able to repeatedly and gleefully call SMg names.

We're all on the forums to have a good time, ultimately.

Knew it wouldn’t be long before one of his cheerleaders came around

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s cool and good to insult bad people and those who support them. Cool good, and even fantastic and everyone should do it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

sponges posted:

Knew it wouldn’t be long before one of his cheerleaders came around

lol

I mean he's a stubborn idiot for defending White but seeing you getting off on it is kind of creepy TBH

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Mr. Apollo posted:

I’ve been misreading his name as Almond and I was thinking “who names their kid Almond?”

Bart's teacher is named Krabappel?! I've been callin' her Crandall!

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

lol

I mean he's a stubborn idiot for defending White but seeing you getting off on it is kind of creepy TBH

Getting off?! I wish!

( you’re as bad as he is TBH)

vvvvvvvv also this

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Guy A. Person posted:

lol

He's still salty over my Philadelphia Eagles Football Club

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

sponges posted:

Getting off?! I wish!

( you’re as bad as he is TBH)

vvvvvvvv also this

OK so just so I'm following: SMg is as bad as right wing troll Armond White, and I am just as bad as both of them because I think your weird obsessive antagonistic bullshit is going overboard, and I don't want to read about it in the comic book movie thread.

Is that accurate?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

OK so just so I'm following: SMg is as bad as right wing troll Armond White, and I am just as bad as both of them because I think your weird obsessive antagonistic bullshit is going overboard, and I don't want to read about it in the comic book movie thread.

Is that accurate?

You’re upset that I called a person you admire some mean names. You’ll survive this. The first step is to stop talking to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Hm how do I feel about this... lemme check w/my political spirit animal one sec plz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tahy3B9QTI