Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

quote:

To: be-baw; rktman
There’s a lot of racism expressed on this site.

Please provide examples. And since you said "a lot", please provide lots of examples. I don't think you can.
58 posted on 2/19/2018, 10:44:53 PM by SoConPubbie (Mitt and Obama: They're the same poison, just a different potency)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Georgia Peach posted:

58 posted on 2/19/2018, 10:44:53 PM by SoConPubbie (Mitt and Obama: They're the same poison, just a different potency)
I don't know why but it's always extra funny when a Freeper hadn't updated their tag in literally multiple election cycles.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Georgia Peach posted:

quote:

To: be-baw; rktman
There’s a lot of racism expressed on this site.

Please provide examples. And since you said "a lot", please provide lots of examples. I don't think you can.
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Challenge accepted.

quote:

To: Ronin

The military rapes in Japan are almost always black dudes.

37 posted on 11/20/2017 5:35:45 AM PST by gaijin (Basically Obama lawyers would blatantly make up some totally groundless allegation against a fat cas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: NCC-1701

The black plague has descended on Memphis

43 posted on 12/22/2017, 10:20:52 AM by Thibodeaux (2018 is looking good)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Morgana

Sounds like it had nothing to do with the fact that she was a Muslim, but that she told what I suspect were easily offended pack of feral negresses, to shut up.

25 posted on 12/31/2017 8:32:46 AM PST by aquila48

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego

As we have seen lately, girls w/ bigger cojones than men.
I shouldn’t say that, a simple na-na-nana-na for do.

The pharmacy I use just employed a Muslim girl. She speaks perfect english, likely born here.
Anyway she wears a hijab.
She’s pleasant enough but it just galls me.

When I see she is going to wait on me I reach in my shirt and pull my crucifix cross out of my shirt and have it displayed prominently.

If I have to be reminded of her religion, she can be reminded of mine.

46 posted on 12/31/2017 8:53:53 AM PST by Vinnie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Morgana

Her first mistake was asking the ferals to be quiet.

61 posted on 12/31/2017 9:22:56 AM PST by headstamp 2 (My "White Privilege" is my work ethic.)

quote:

To: Mark was here

You can take the savages out of Africa but you can not take the savagness out of most of the savages.

86 posted on 12/31/2017 10:42:56 AM PST by maddogtiger
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: MarvinStinson

This isn't hard to explain, the problem in the black community regarding so many out of wedlock kids isn't due to the majority of black men, it is due to the serial sperm donors who have 7 kids with 7 different women.

Do the math, if there are 10 black dads, 7 of them have an average of 2 kids each, that means the other 21 belong to 3 men, who probably can't spend much time with their kids.

36 posted on 01/04/2018 11:50:51 PM PST by guitar Josh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: snooter55

Of course more black baby-daddies help their bastard kids with their homework.
They gotta teach them how to throw a proper gang sign.
They gotta teach them how to wear their pants down around their ankles.
They gotta teach them how to shoot a handgun sideways.
They gotta teach them the proper procedure for a drive-by.
They gotta teach them how to beat a single white man or woman to death with no more than five other blacks to help them.
They gotta teach them the proper handling and sales technique for crack, heroin, meth, and all their other civically responsible products.
They all have to be taught how to be proper THUGS (don’t they)?

50 posted on 01/05/2018 12:38:10 AM PST by 5th MEB (Progressives in the open; --- FIRE FOR EFFECT!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

To: GonzoII

Dis no good. I don’t wanna work. Jes’ wanna bang on the drum all day.

19 posted on 01/05/2018 7:33:48 AM PST by VietVet876

quote:

To: Olog-hai

Whether he used the slur or not, the substance of his alleged remarks are factually true. No rational person would deny that all else being equal, a random immigrant from Norway is going to make a more positive contribution to the US than one from Haiti, El Salvador, or Chad. The Norwegian will probably have some education and skills, English fluency, and is orders of magnitude less likely to be a criminal or some other sort of trouble-maker.

4 posted on 01/12/2018 6:57:15 AM PST by ek_hornbeck

quote:

To: Hurricane Andrew

Imagine sitting in a theater of yapping black youths and telling them to pipe down.

I’m sure they would immediately come correct, and totally not kick your teeth in.

No thanks. I have a family to protect. I must live.

43 posted on 01/30/2018 5:32:24 AM PST by T-Bone Texan (Death To Traitors. I'll Bring The Rope.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: C19fan

The BLM crowd can’t afford to feed their kids but can afford to buy movie tickets and $10 buckets of popcorn.

15 posted on 02/01/2018 7:46:50 AM PST by bgill (CDC site, "We don't know how people are infected with Ebola.")

quote:

To: ilovesarah2012

So you are blaming Black History Month?

Yep.

How many of the shooters were black? How many of the cops were black?

How many of the Antifa are white.

And, by the way, your post is racist. Everyone knows that the politically correct punctuation is to capitalize Black and lower case white. By lower casing black, you look as racist as that coin that kept the colored boy --oops, make that 'boy of color' -- from carrying the flag at the Olympics.

45 posted on 2/10/2018, 3:09:12 PM by PAR35

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]
(That "boy of color is 35 years-old btw.)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
drat, that's some highly concentrated freep, handle with care.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

FReep: I would like to think we’re better than that but maybe not.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
It's like The Onion has their own freep thread and decided to mock them.
Edit : Check the comments to the Onion's facebook post of the comic. Got a few good ones.
https://i.imgur.com/3LuxYHf.jpg

MANime in the sheets posted:

Dawwwwww , a PJ O'Rourke tagline. What happened to him, anyway?

Rhetorical question perhaps, but I assume still writing. Sadly, fell off a loving cliff as far as being funny goes.

Last of his books I read was 2010's "Don't Vote : It just encourages the bastards" and I just had to look that name up because it was an entirely forgettable boring piece of crap that was a chore to get through.

I'm probably miles from being the most left leaning guy in this thread, but this is coming from a guy that was as solidly bleeding heart in college in the early 90s. Rourke's "Parliament of Whores" and "Give War a Chance" made me laugh my rear end off back then. Right leaning or not - he was a great writer. I kept up with reading his books over the years, but it was a slow decline from those two as far as I'm concerned. That "Don't Vote" book was just the final straw I guess.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 20, 2018

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This should be good

Trump Announces He Signed Memo To Ban Bump Stocks

quote:

To: Pinkbell
Slippery slope.

2 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:08:57 PM by TexasGunLover ("Either you're with us or you're with the terrorists."-- President George W. Bush)

quote:

"...devices "that turn legal weapons into machine guns..."
If Trump said this, he's letting his stupid hang out.

5 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:12:03 PM by skimbell

quote:

If this is one of Trump’s rope a dopes, fine.

If not, he lost my vote.

I will wait to see what happens.

13 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:14:54 PM by JamesP81 (The DNC poses a greater threat to my liberty than terrorists, China, and Russia. Combined.)

quote:

So when Trump actually does something that legitimizes calling him “literally Hitler,” the left will cheer him on.

15 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:16:49 PM by sourcery (Non Aquiesco: "I do not consent" (Latin))

quote:

“First they came for the bumpstocks, and I did not speak out—
Because I did not own a bumpstock.”

35 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:28:22 PM by moovova

quote:

Where’s the tweet?

45 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:35:14 PM by old-ager

quote:

To: JamesP81
How can you “rope a dope” by ordering the ATF to alter the law by decree?

Who is the rope? Who is the dope?

This is a cave ONLY

59 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:45:56 PM by The Toll

quote:

To: JamesP81
“If this is one of Trump’s rope a dopes, fine.

If not, he lost my vote.

I will wait to see what happens.”

Lets not be hasty. Think what it would be like with a democrat in there.

70 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:50:18 PM by Bonemaker (invictus maneo)

quote:

To: Pinkbell; All
Trump needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and not take a position on the issue du jour.

72 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:52:19 PM by Cobra64 (Common sense isn't common any more.)

quote:

To: DoughtyOne
The Bump Stocks aren’t important. What is important is that Trump showed by this action, that he let a bunch of schoolkids calling him names get to him. The enemy is going to pick up on that, and they will keep doing what works.

84 posted on 2/20/2018, 4:57:31 PM by dfwgator

quote:

Read the memo Trump put out and it puts an odd spin on this whole thing.

Basically Trump instructed ATF to complete the process they already had going since December to re-evaluate bump stocks legality.

In other words, Trump spent a lot of time telling the BATFE to continue doing this thing they are already doing.

It still wasn’t smart, but it’s also a head scratcher. Smoke screen from DJT? Maybe, maybe not. Like I said, I’ll reserve judgment until later. If he has turned on this issue, however, it’ll sink him.

I am a single issue voter on two issues: abortion and the second amendment. You fail on either and you fail completely.

95 posted on 2/20/2018, 5:06:47 PM by JamesP81 (The DNC poses a greater threat to my liberty than terrorists, China, and Russia. Combined.)

quote:

Just lost my vote in 2020.

I thought was going to "protect the 2nd Amendment."

I was just another politician lie.

A pox on his house for restricting freedom.

103 posted on 2/20/2018, 5:16:49 PM by backwoods-engineer (The GOP-Democrat-Media Uniparty must be destroyed.)

quote:

To: goldstategop
You retreat, coward. I am sticking to my guns. Even if Trump makes them illegal, the traitor.

112 posted on 2/20/2018, 5:23:18 PM by backwoods-engineer (The GOP-Democrat-Media Uniparty must be destroyed.)

quote:

To: backwoods-engineer
“Just lost my vote in 2020. “

Good.

Dont vote for him in 2020. And if he loses, I hope (insert Dem here) takes every drat firearm you’ve got, so you can pitch a fit online, and have the Dem at 1600 tell you to p*ss off.

And this goes for every one of you idiots posting that over a tweet about some meaningless accessory that most of you likely never heard of before last August.

I am for one sick to death of some of you and your goddamn fetish for tossing elected power because of some emotional reaction to something virtually insignificant.

Like what pansy is that attached to this thing, if it is true? Any idiot can just modify and create something they call “jump stocks”.

127 posted on 2/20/2018, 5:38:53 PM by VanDeKoik

quote:

To: VanDeKoik; backwoods-engineer
Trump has already lost backwoods-engineer’s vote a couple dozen times (I’ve lost count)

147 posted on 2/20/2018, 5:54:47 PM by palmer (...if we do not have strong families and strong values, then we will be weak and we will not survive)

quote:

To: VanDeKoik
I am for one sick to death of some of you and your goddamn fetish for tossing elected power because of some emotional reaction to something virtually insignificant.
And this country is going down in flames because you people are willing to sell out your birthright for a mess of pottage. Enjoy the destruction of America.

154 posted on 2/20/2018, 6:03:52 PM by backwoods-engineer (Enjoy the decline of the American empire.)

quote:

To: WayneS
So what do bump stocks actually do?

I belong to the NRA, I am a strong defender of the Second Amendment.

However: I have never owned a gun and don’t know anything about guns.

What is a bump stock and what does it actually do? Why would President Trump sign a memo to the AG re: bumpstocks if that is an asinine thing to do? President Trump isn’t perfect, but I believe that he doesn’t do a lot of asinine things, especially compared to Bath House Barry.

164 posted on 2/20/2018, 6:13:43 PM by RooRoobird20 ("Democrats haven't been this angry since Republicans freed the slaves.")

quote:

Well, when a person uses a pressure cooker to make a bomb, the focus is on that person.

When a person uses a truck as a weapon the focus is on that person.

Actions are taken such as concrete barriers to stop truck bombs. Something that might actually help with safety.

When a person uses a gun, the focus is on the gun, and actions are proposed or taken that have nothing to do with making anyone safer.

These incidents create emotional reactions - not logic. Clear thinking is needed, but the LSM just beats the propaganda drums of “get rid of guns”.

I have yet to hear one media report discussing the fact that a lot of the medications prescribed to troubled kids causes suicidal/homicidal mania, and hearing voices. Nor do they discuss the fact that gun free zones are just a target waiting for a shooter.

In the 50s all the guys came to school with guns in a gun rack. We didn’t have all these shootings. Why is that? Maybe we had a better culture. Maybe we didn’t give kids powerful mind altering drugs? Is there a connection with terrorists (Hezbollah is active in S. Florida with drug trade tied to VP of Venezuela).

This kid spoke of “professional” shooter. That implies money. Some of his pictures showed him in a hat and covering his face - emulating ELN (has Hezbollah members in S. America).

These mass shootings don’t usually end in trials. The shooter is either dead, or takes a plea. No court case, and no evidence for the nosy public to see or hear about-just the official narrative that the gun grabbers want us to hear.

Seems to me the question of guns is irrelevant. The real question is Why are kids doing this so often now? Why do we continue to have such “soft” targets/gun free zones that people can just saunter into?

171 posted on 2/20/2018, 6:22:27 PM by greeneyes

quote:

To: SgtHooper
Let’s hope it doesn’t get conflated into other areas like binary triggers. It’s not on the totalitarian/media and Leftist’s radar screens as of yet.

202 posted on 2/20/2018, 7:14:49 PM by Red Steel

quote:

To: Hugh the Scot
My right to arms for defense of self and family does not come from government, but from God.
I guess it really doesn't matter to you then what laws are passed or not passed.

Another difference is that I will not fire on God if He comes to disarm me.

Get real. You're not going to open fire on your local sheriff if he's got a warrant to arrest you.

224 posted on 2/20/2018, 7:33:53 PM by Wissa ("Accidents don't happen to people who take accidents as a personal insult." - Michael Corleone)

quote:

To: Wissa
Don’t ever presume to tell me what I will or won’t do.
As to the remainder of the nonsense you posted, you’ve apparently never read a posting of mine. I believe this was a critically stupid move, but it doesn’t violate the 2nd amendment, and therefore probably doesn’t have anything to do with RKBA.

226 posted on 2/20/2018, 7:40:09 PM by Hugh the Scot ("The days of being a keyboard commando are over. It's time to get some bloody knuckles." -Drew68)

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 21, 2018

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They know. And they are just waiting for the signal to claim "We've always been at war with fake conservative trump."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I must have missed all the guns in the Bible.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Tony Phillips posted:

I'm probably miles from being the most left leaning guy in this thread, but this is coming from a guy that was as solidly bleeding heart in college in the early 90s. Rourke's "Parliament of Whores" and "Give War a Chance" made me laugh my rear end off back then. Right leaning or not - he was a great writer. I kept up with reading his books over the years, but it was a slow decline from those two as far as I'm concerned. That "Don't Vote" book was just the final straw I guess.

I got a lucky intuition and didn't read anything after PoW and GWaC. That said, both of those books are loving hilarious and should be read by anyone with a sense of humor, regardless of political persuasion.

PJ O'Rourke posted:

I was not prepared to do anything but upchuck and die after the eight-hour night flight from Miami on an Air Paraguay DC-8 older than most second wives that flew through the center of five Dr. Frankenstein-your-lab-is-on-the-phone lightning storms and aboard which I was served a dinner of roast softball in oleo.

PJ O'Rourke posted:

I have often been called a Nazi, and, although it is unfair, I don't let it bother me. I don't let it bother me for one simple reason. No one has ever had a fantasy about being tied to a bed and sexually ravished by someone dressed as a liberal.

PJ O'Rourke posted:

"America is the world's policeman, all right -- a big, dumb . . . flatfoot in the middle of the one thing cops dread most, a 'domestic disturbance.'

PJ O'Rourke posted:

The U.S. government, more than any other organization on earth, takes pains to provide journalists with "access" to make the laptop Saint-Simons feel that they are "present at the making of history." Of course, the same honor can be had by going around to the back of any animal and "being present at the making of earth."

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Also that not having a tacticlol workaround to fire your gun faster totally infringes your right to bear arms, it's like you don't have a gun at all at the rate of fire you are limited to by the designs available to civilians.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Let's see what Freep is up to toni-

quote:

To: Bikkuri

More people down in their bathtubs than are killed by guns.

17 dead kids? Just statistical noise.

20 posted on 02/20/2018 10:23:12 PM PST by goldstategop ((In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Forever))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Yeah, no.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah I'm p sure god would want you to have a gun!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Freep:I'm a single issue voter on two issues

Potential new thread title?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hahahahahaha, what rock has this moron been under?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Plinkey posted:

This should be good

I dunno what's funnier. The ones that claim they won't suck his dick anymore or the ones desperately scrambling for a reason to not have to give up sucking his dick

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mllaneza posted:

"I have often been called a Nazi, and, although it is unfair, I don't let it bother me. I don't let it bother me for one simple reason. No one has ever had a fantasy about being tied to a bed and sexually ravished by someone dressed as a liberal."

This man has clearly never been to a BDSM dungeon.

I was unexpectedly taken to one as part of a theatre afterparty. It's more like a gym with more screaming and fewer clothes.

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin
Jul 19, 2000

Oven Wrangler
Can't blame the guy, that was probably written before the massively popular NPR porno parodies, "This Ain't Radiolab," "Queerial," and "gently caress My Vocal Fry 3."

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin posted:

Can't blame the guy, that was probably written before the massively popular NPR porno parodies, "This Ain't Radiolab," "Queerial," and "gently caress My Vocal Fry 3."

Post/username/avatar trifecta right here.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep is pretty mad about twitter's bot purge overnight/today.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Plinkey posted:

Freep is pretty mad about twitter's bot purge overnight/today.

Does freep post or link tweets on their site? Does the site support embedded tweets? I wonder how many of them have twitter accounts.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zwabu posted:

Does freep post or link tweets on their site? Does the site support embedded tweets? I wonder how many of them have twitter accounts.

Sometimes, lol, it seems quite a few do and lost followers overnight and they other 1/3 don't understand it, then another group wants to sue twitter for getting rid of bots, and there's one guy that wants JimRob to make a 'real' conservative twitter to take down twitter and 'make JimRob a billionare'

It's here if someone wants to do some digging for freep gold, I just don't have time at the momemnt.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3633969/posts

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
"Help JimRob create conservatwitter" would be an epic final grift, I hope he does it.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

skaboomizzy posted:

"Help JimRob create conservatwitter" would be an epic final grift, I hope he does it.

Gab kind of already beat him to that.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin posted:

"Wait, Wait, Don't Smell Me"

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The whole twitter thing pretty much broke DiogenesLamp

quote:

To: maxtheripper
Don’t like those terms? Don’t agree to them and don’t use the service.
The Jews refusing to listen to Hitler's speeches on the radio did not address the problem that developed as a result of other people listening to Hitler's speeches on the radio.

Yes, it's an extreme example, but it is a relevant one. Saying "don't use the service" does nothing to address this "service" being used to whip up hatred of our side in the manner Hitler whipped up the hatred of the Jews.

To say "don't use the service" is ignoring the very real problem of these "services" manipulating the public to vote or act as they are led, with no one being able to speak reason to them.

It is not a critical necessity for our form of government in any way what-so-ever.

It is currently about the only means by which Trump has been able to communicate the abuses of power of the deep state to the American People. The Left monopolized broadcasting media certainly won't report any of the nefarious doings of their party, and Trump is getting past them through the use of Twitter.

If you are saying it "ought not be" a critical necessity for our form of government, about this I would say you are right, but in our present circumstances, it is very much an essential part of the correct functioning of our government.

190 posted on 2/21/2018, 5:08:35 PM by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")

e: Earlier in the thread they were equating twitter banning bots and making people verify their account with phone numbers with lunch counters in the south during segregation... :thunk:

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 22, 2018

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Step 1: Twitter purges bots

Step 2: Somehow, mystically and magically, some controversial figures lose a shitload of followers.

I haven't read the thread yet, but is *anyone* admitting "well, maybe some of his followers were 'bots"?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
The Q advocates (do they have a nickname/term for themselves?) are on the case:

FAKEDIT: if they don't have a specific term, I suggest "Nostradumbass".

quote:

Stay tuned.
Everything has meaning or a purpose.
@Jack - getting nervous?
Phase [2].
Q

(@jack = Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter)

17 posted on 2/21/2018, 11:31:56 AM by bigbob (Trust Trump. Trust Sessions. The Great Awakening is at hand...MAGA!)

"Are... are we the baddies?"

quote:

If Twatter locks me out, it’s bye-bye Twatter. I just joined Gab. Apart from the racists and anti-Semites, I give Gab a big thumbs-up.

18 posted on 2/21/2018, 11:32:13 AM by Tolerance Sucks Rocks (The US Constitution ....... Invented by geniuses and God .... Administered by morons ......)

This is just kinda sad:

quote:

I lost a dozen followers on Twitter overnight. The biggest single loss of followers I ever had.

25 posted on 2/21/2018, 11:38:03 AM by PJ-Comix ("Everybody knows Manny Davis - except Mrs. Manny Davis.")

Okay, I guess this is *an* angle:

quote:

From another site
It appears they are removing bots and AI sites. Some people are having to prove they are human and then are returned to the site.

If so this is a good thing. Conservatives sites are seeing the most action because nobody in their right mind would program an artificial intelligence or spam team to target a liberal. They are them.

38 posted on 2/21/2018, 11:46:58 AM by hoosiermama (When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.DJT)

Got a new name for my death metal/chiptune fusion band:

quote:

last night will be remembered as Twitterallnacht

51 posted on 2/21/2018, 11:55:20 AM by C210N (Republicans sign check fronts; 'Rats sign check backs.)

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 22, 2018

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Horseshoe theory at work: freeper wants to nationalize Twitter:

quote:

Twitter should be regulated. The governor of Hawaii recently went to Twitter to notify citizens of a false alarm, it’s also used for Amber Alerts. So are Trump supporters now not entitled for this information based solely on their politics? Could the telephone company do the same? Cable wifi? Not a chance, and given how we use social platforms today this shouldn’t stand either.

62 posted on 2/21/2018, 12:06:22 PM by JonPreston

A reminder that prior to 9/11, Muslim-Americans were a reliably GOP voting block:

quote:

No. They can’t remove Ramadan (Eid) because Apple doesn’t make a calander composed of camels and goat sphincters.

84 posted on 2/21/2018, 12:28:39 PM by tech_rjmarce1 (It's like Deja Vu all over again.)

Why is social media hostile to white people who wave swastika flags around and praise Hitler? Social media must be Nazis, checks out.

quote:

Twitter, YouTube, Google, Facebook, .. run by Nazis.. for Nazis. all others need not apply.

85 posted on 2/21/2018, 12:30:20 PM by NormsRevenge (Semper Fi - Monthly Donors Rock!!!)

More blatant sucking up, and a reminder that JimRob and family keep the servers somewhere off-site, so when the site goes down they post these hardscrabble tales of how "welp, we had to hop in the truck and drive down to the server site, kick 'em a few times, but that's the price we pay for not letting The Liberals have control of our servers." How much does JR pay his IT-expert son-in-law annually to run this circus again?

quote:

Everyone who berates the Robinsons for not migrating to a cloud based system such as Amazon’s must see this as the answer. If you don’t own and run your own servers, you can count on the encroaching censorship by left or right owners of internet systems to take you down.

Now I get it, Jim and John.

105 posted on 2/21/2018, 12:59:57 PM by The Westerner (Protect the most vulnerable: get the government out of medicine and education.)

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 22, 2018

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Censorship in other countries: dissenters are abducted by the government in the night.

Censorship in America: people keep saying I'm an rear end in a top hat for some reason.

quote:

Leftists are in control of the social media sites, and are getting off enforcing leftist speech codes, while the government sits by helpless. We do not have freedom of speech in this country. Haven’t had it for 30-40 years.

138 posted on 2/21/2018, 1:25:38 PM by I want the USA back (Free Republic keeps me from going insane in a world that has chosen insanity over reason.)

Never thought of this before: woke goons are entranced with guillotines, but Freepers mostly fantasize about lampposts.

quote:

Just means we’re gonna have to find lampposts in Silicon Valley too.

I like how you think.
140 posted on 2/21/2018, 1:26:25 PM by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Never thought of this before: woke goons are entranced with guillotines, but Freepers mostly fantasize about lampposts.
Lampposts are very revolutionary/antifascist. I'd have thought Freepers would have been more about the wall, what with all that dry powder they've been keeping.

Or a nearby tree. :heritage:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
From the people who screeched with rage at Net Neutrality:

quote:

I think I am suggesting that we find a means to stop them from censoring our side. I don't have any particular ideas about how to do this, but a suggestion I have heard is to designate them a "common carrier" and use government regulation to force them to carry all traffic.

In other words, fine them for censorship.

Force them to serve everyone who sits at their lunch counter.
164 posted on 2/21/2018, 2:04:51 PM by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 153 | View Replies]

I am still seriously convinced that a goodly 20%+ of conservative opposition to Net Neutrality is that it has (quite possibly deliberately) been conflated with the Fairness Doctrine.

From 1949–1987 the Fairness Doctrine required that holders of broadcast licenses (who basically have government-endorsed control over limited airwaves) have to present controversial topics in a honest and even-handed manner. It didn't require a literal "both sides are equal", it just required some semblance of providing counterpoints or covering other points of view.

The hilarious thing is that conservatives find the FD anathema, but then they complain that all the media is left-wing, and recently that all the social media is left wing. If they truly believed their side was right, maybe they'd admit that FD might actually favor them in that situation?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Plinkey posted:

The whole twitter thing pretty much broke DiogenesLamp

Holy poo poo you ain't kidding.

The dude is *screaming* for Full Communism (of Twitter) Now.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I know memes are frowned on, so just pretend I posted a macro of Bender saying "I'm gonna make my own social media platform, with blackjack, and hookers".

quote:

So they think CWII is so easy to start? There are plenty of purgees who are tech savy and can build web sites. Twitter and You Tube should learn a hard lesson in free market economics ASAP; i.e., competition.

197 posted on 2/21/2018, 6:19:16 PM by Eleutheria5 (“If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.)

wesurroundthem.txt

mapofusallredwithtinybluebits.jpg

quote:

You have a lot of good points in this thread. I’m not quite there yet but you do make good points on this type of communication.

I’m just wondering where are the investors in these companies? It’s pretty obvious these CEO’s are out to hurt conservatives, which self-identify as conservatives 2-1 over those who self-identify as liberal or so I’ve read in the past.

I thought Sarbanes-Oxley was supposed to protect the investors from CEO’s making bad decisions such as these. There are twice as many conservatives out there than liberals so that would be definitely hurting their companies by having these type of policies. Are they just good at hiding this from their investors or should we start looking at Sarbanes-Oxley to reel in some of these insane CEO’s?

CGato

209 posted on 2/21/2018, 9:47:10 PM by Conservative Gato (There are NOW 4 kind of LIES; Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics, and the Media.)

Okay, I'm up post #212 in this rich lode of freeper tears; off to breakfast: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3633969/posts?q=1&;page=201

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 22, 2018

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh please, start a website to concurrence Twitter and YouTube, I'm sure they are quaking in their boots.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh please, start a website to concurrence Twitter and YouTube, I'm sure they are quaking in their boots.

*eagerly checks value of ReaganBook stock*

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
"Finally we have a video-streaming service that allows Conservative Freedom of Speech! For some strange reason a lot of the content seems to be about exterminating Jews and Mud Races, so that's a little strange but *other* than that this site is great!"

EDIT: if you skimmed past the previous lengthy quote posts, this is *literally* what one Freeper had to say about switching to Gab.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

"Finally we have a video-streaming service that allows Conservative Freedom of Speech! For some strange reason a lot of the content seems to be about exterminating Jews and Mud Races, so that's a little strange but *other* than that this site is great!"

EDIT: if you skimmed past the previous lengthy quote posts, this is *literally* what one Freeper had to say about switching to Gab.

Gab, you say? That also searched list is just delicious.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
...should've sent a poet...

I didn't know what Steemit is, which could be either because I'm old and out of touch, or because I'm not an rear end in a top hat lunatic. So I looked it up, and ironically 14 words in is when you see the first red flag:

quote:

Steemit is a blogging and social networking website on top of the Steem blockchain database. The Steem blockchain produces Steem and Steem Dollars which are magic bean tokens users obtain for posting, ...

Though to their credit, this is the truest thing I've ever seen a blockchainer admit:

quote:

which are magic bean tokens

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

From the people who screeched with rage at Net Neutrality:

I am still seriously convinced that a goodly 20%+ of conservative opposition to Net Neutrality is that it has (quite possibly deliberately) been conflated with the Fairness Doctrine.

Trump himself made that connection in a tweet a few months ago.

So what's freeps take on the cnn town hall last night?