Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

cops have been trained to run straight into an active shooter situation without delay ever since columbine but lol for some weird reason they still don't do this

they only charge in blindly when it's a black person e.g. Tamir Rice or John Crawford III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

new kind of cat posted:

the...International Juggler's Association...?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/612790604616085506

He brought back the balls.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

cops only arrived like an hour after the calls apparently and nabbed the shooter outside of a mcdonald's parking lot so~

lol no they were there much sooner than that, they were on the helicopter cam standing around outside the school

SWAT didn't arrive until much later though

gotta wait for the pretend soldiers to arrive

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Relevant Tangent posted:

Earthquake'll solve that.

exactly the opposite since the lowest-price units are also the ones most susceptible to earthquake damage, and if the big one hits they'll just replace the affordable housing with more luxury condos

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

sandoz posted:

lol the loving assistant football coach knew where to go

That's why he's paid more than the cops are.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

it's not that ez esp in big schools

yeah, the easy thing is standing outside the school with their hands in their loving pockets

it might take a little work or, good heavens, a little risk on the part of the officers to do something else, but that's clearly too much to ask from the thin blue line

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

there was an on campus cop who poo poo his jorts because he didnt know how to make bullets cry while handcuffed to a principals chair

lmao

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Feranon posted:

the american right would rather literally grind every person under age 30 into hamburger patties and eat them than abandon their beliefs

how the gently caress can this ever be fixed

we grind and eat them first

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's what the training is for

forming a perimeter, like they did in florida last week for 40 minutes, is strictly against SOP and has been for decades now

it's totally inexcusable and the media just gives them a pass

civilians jsut don't undersatnd

blue lives matter

thin blue line

blue light bulb on my porch

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

sandoz posted:

like i'm getting loving enraged again thinking about it

in a way it's even more disgusting than gunning down unarmed minorities though it comes from exactly the same mindset

the lives of our brave boys in blue are worth more than the lives of civilians

hello before we land id like to recognize the cop on board can everyone give him a round of applause and let him off the plane first

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

sandoz posted:

officers should be sprinting every active shooter situation and throwing themselves towards every single bullet but the entirety of american culture has been restructured in such a way that their job is no longer to protect anyone but themselves lol

if 50 or 60 officers died in a shootout with this guy in parkland i might feel a bit differently about police

the people who sign up to be police shouldn't be police.

never forget the cop who executed Tamir Rice because he was terrified of a twelve year old with a BB gun.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sandoz posted:

civilians jsut don't undersatnd

blue lives matter

thin blue line

blue light bulb on my porch

take it from me civilians just don't understand

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I could understand waiting until at least some backup was there, have 2-4 guys so you can clear rooms and have numerical advantage versus just charging in 1 v 1 over and over.

but sitting around with your dicks in your hand while children are slaughtered is hosed up

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's funny when cops die

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

brugroffil posted:

I could understand waiting until at least some backup was there, have 2-4 guys so you can clear rooms and have numerical advantage versus just charging in 1 v 1 over and over.

but sitting around with your dicks in your hand while children are slaughtered is hosed up

please dont politicize this tragedy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

sandoz posted:

lol no they were there much sooner than that, they were on the helicopter cam standing around outside the school

thats what im referring to, SWAT

to clear the rooms etc

and the shooter wasn't even on campus

sandoz posted:

lol the loving assistant football coach knew where to go

he doubled as campus security so he worked two jobs in a failed capitalist state and did more than the cops

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

a police might be in... danger??????????

lol an RI state trooper almost ran me off the road this morning when I slowed down on a part of the highway where the speed limit drops 10 mph

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

sandoz posted:

SWAT teams are loving stupid

there is nothing they do that an average person can't spend 1 week every 6 months training and retraining on.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

the people who sign up to be police shouldn't be police.

never forget the cop who executed Tamir Rice because he was terrified of a twelve year old with a BB gun.

It was really touching how the NRA came to the defense of Tamir though, considering that it was literally a state-sponsored execution of someone in an open carry state for the explicitly stated purpose that it was because they thought he had a gun, which he legally was able to have

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

it never stops being funny that cops 1) demand a higher level of respect than the average person because they chose a profession where they're asked to willingly put themselves into dangerous situations so as to save others from those situations and 2) refuse to do things because they're dangerous and run from armed people / shoot unarmed people because its easier to just deal with the paperwork than do the hard thing

Full committee for public safety now

Apr 7, 2003

sandoz posted:

like i'm getting loving enraged again thinking about it

in a way it's even more disgusting than gunning down unarmed minorities though it comes from exactly the same mindset

the lives of our brave boys in blue are worth more than the lives of civilians

Obsession with Crime and Punishment
Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mormonpartyboat posted:

it never stops being funny that cops 1) demand a higher level of respect than the average person because they chose a profession where they're asked to willingly put themselves into dangerous situations so as to save others from those situations and 2) refuse to do things because they're dangerous and run from armed people / shoot unarmed people because its easier to just deal with the paperwork than do the hard thing

3) have won court cases making it clear they have no duty to help anyone

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

C SPAM level of effort. Just shitolypic.

If you ain't max mining the Olympics you are just to loving daycrew.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

thats what im referring to, SWAT

to clear the rooms etc

and the shooter wasn't even on campus

the actual beat cops showing up at the scene first should have been sprinting out of their still moving cars with or without guns or body armor or pants to throw themselves in front of the bullets

this is their literal job and training

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

It was really touching how the NRA came to the defense of Tamir though, considering that it was literally a state-sponsored execution of someone in an open carry state for the explicitly stated purpose that it was because they thought he had a gun, which he legally was able to have

Nothing will make me madder than castilles execution

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why don't we just let SWAT teams teach the classes? problem solved.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

flames are coming out of my eyes

Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

I'll never forget just how energetic they were in their defense of Philando Castille, too!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

zeal posted:

yeah, the easy thing is standing outside the school with their hands in their loving pockets

it might take a little work or, good heavens, a little risk on the part of the officers to do something else, but that's clearly too much to ask from the thin blue line

To Protect and Serve Ourselves

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandoz posted:

the actual beat cops showing up at the scene first should have been sprinting out of their still moving cars with or without guns or body armor or pants to throw themselves in front of the bullets

That would have ruled

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

sandoz posted:

we know they can do it, too, because tamir rice

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

juche avocado posted:

I typed my symptoms into web md and it told me to throw weights around like an apoplectic monkey until something hurts and/or a neighbor complains about noise, and then stop for a rest day

thats correct, right??

And BTW, speaking from experience, developing those chest and ab muscles is prob gonna totally preclude any ability to suck your own dick.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

hello before we land id like to recognize the cop on board can everyone give him a round of applause and let him off the plane first

without the sky police the cold outside air would perceive the weakness inherent to aluminum tunes and break in, damaging property like plastic forks and little gin bottles

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
ah poo poo, i missed ska chat

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
when you think about it cops are the real mass shooters here

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
youd get a way better response rate than cops just texting every dad of a high school parent saying there's an active shooter and they need to go resolve it unarmed (of course everyone would bring guns and kill more people in crossfires but i like to believe)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

brugroffil posted:

the idea is that an active shooter isn't interested in taking hostages and that the only way to interrupt their goal of killing as many people as possible is to engage them somehow even if it costs firstcop their life, since they're better equipped than the victims and have a wave of backup behind them to charge over firstcop's corpse if they're unsuccessful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zeal posted:

to be clear I was just talking about the one cop who was there alone when it started

i could see it being confusing about which way to run or go

• Locked thread