Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Doggles posted:

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my marriage is dying

Husband (27M) has been resentful of me (25F), because we went over budget on wedding, causing him to sell off all his investments.

:shepspends:

Congrats on starting your wedding on the best note, finding out that you guys can't negotiate things ahead of time and make sure other people follow through, and dealing with the inevitable last minute bullshit that tends to happen with this stuff.

Both sets of parents are mega lovely lmao, the "oh sorry emergency surgery no wedding contribution" is lol but "wait it costs HOW much, nope" is even more lol

Seriously what a clusterfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Naturally the OP gives no clue whatsoever as to the cost of the wedding or what the ceremony entailed.

A shameful OP.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AnoHito posted:

It was expensive enough that the parents said 'gently caress that poo poo,' so probably the former.

That’s not indicative because lots of people love to back out when it’s time to pay up for anything at all

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
It’s like an evil Pete:

I [36F] neglected my marriage and my husband [37M] fell for someone else

quote:

u/losingmyhusband
tl;dr: I put everything before my marriage; my husband fell for someone else; I don't know if he wants to work it out.

I put everything before my marriage: mostly work, but also my own interests, family, etc. My husband tried to talk to me about it on so many occasions. I didn't hear it, and he checked out.

A year has gone by since we last talked about it. I found out he's dating another woman. He wasn't even covering his tracks - he is just straight-up in a relationship with someone else and I was so self-absorbed and oblivious that I didn't even notice.

When I confronted him about it, he gave me an answer that I think will ring in my ears for the rest of my life. He said, "what the hell do you care? Like, what, now you give a poo poo about our marriage all of a sudden?" He wouldn't tell me anything about her other than, "she pays attention to me. That's the difference between you and her. That's all you need to know about it." He then retreated to the fold-out in his downstairs office, and that's where he's been sleeping.

I can't believe it took this for me to realize how bad things have gotten. This is all on me. He tried and tried and tried and I didn't reciprocate or listen to his needs. I took my marriage for granted and didn't put the work in. Now he's found someone who makes him happier than I make him.

I'm going to therapy however this pans out. Until then, is there anything I can do to win back my husband's love?

I mean he’s not a nice person, but I’m laughing at “Best ask the internet how to win back my husband’s love after ignoring his wants and needs all this time, instead of talking to him to find out if our marriage is salvageable”

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The parents that reneged are garbage but at least they know how to pull out of a failed, financially disastrous quagmire before it ruins them.

(I mean the marriage itself, not the wedding :ssh:)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My guess is it was more than it should have been but not culturally insane but they hit the wall of the real world being a real fucker and you shouldn’t plan for the best outcome, but the worst

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I remember an episode of Friends where Monica wanted a more lavish wedding, got mad when she found out Chandler had a lot of money saved up, he wanted to save it as a nest egg for them. She was presented as being in the right with him being in the wrong.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

La Brea Carpet posted:

Suspended from public school for posting "graphic content" online. How much authority do schools have to punish students outside of school? [Minnesota]

Both parties are horribly wrong in this case, but I’d still err on the side of the student. He should write up a bill for all of his unpaid work done creating and maintaining the site, and then offer to waive the fees if the school lets this drop. He could even graciously offer to sell the site to the school for a modest fee.

This should be a lesson to the school to not entrust their website to the sole ownership of a minor (I assume he was one when he started) or a student in general. They set themselves up for abuse through their lax attitude, which reflects much more poorly on an entire organization staffed by college educated adults than his being dumb reflects poorly on the student.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Lol in case you thought the parents who didn't want to pay were blindsided

quote:

Reddit: Did the amount that they owed ever change? Who was asked to make up the difference for his parents' unexpected issues?

OP: The amount never changed. Anytime we were about to sign a vendor, he would run it by all of us, list the money we would each owe, and then the "total" we owed based on other vendors we were responsible for. He was pretty on top of it and even had a google spreadsheet he shared with us that broke it down.

lmao those parents owned the poo poo out of the newlywed couple

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pvt.Scott posted:

Both parties are horribly wrong in this case, but I’d still err on the side of the student. He should write up a bill for all of his unpaid work done creating and maintaining the site, and then offer to waive the fees if the school lets this drop. He could even graciously offer to sell the site to the school for a modest fee.

This should be a lesson to the school to not entrust their website to the sole ownership of a minor (I assume he was one when he started) or a student in general. They set themselves up for abuse through their lax attitude, which reflects much more poorly on an entire organization staffed by college educated adults than his being dumb reflects poorly on the student.

i dont think you read that stdh story very carefully. making a more useful website does not entitle you to wages or compensation from the party you are impersonating

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I remember an episode of Friends where Monica wanted a more lavish wedding, got mad when she found out Chandler had a lot of money saved up, he wanted to save it as a nest egg for them. She was presented as being in the right with him being in the wrong.

Hey I just watched that one! Chandler was like "it's for the future" and Monica was like "what?" Then Chandler explained how if you don't spend all your money on a wedding you can use money to buy things like a house and a dog and being able to have multiple kids, and she decided she was okay with a smaller wedding because she was saw that it was about the rest of their life together, but then Chandler decided he wanted her to have her dream wedding so she still won

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pvt.Scott posted:

They didn't entrust their website to him or ask him to do anything. He did it all unasked. How the hell you give bill someone for work they didn't ask for and never agreed to?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

This should be a lesson to the school to not entrust their website to the sole ownership of a minor
It wasn't an official school website.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pvt.Scott posted:

It wasn't the school's website. It was his. If there were justice in the world he would tell the school to suck his drat balls and go back to class like nothing happened.

If he can go back to school and graduate like normal without his grades suffering he doesn't need to bother pursuing it further. A suspension is actually a free school vacation that doesn't count toward your absences.

If what they're doing screws with his future then he should definitely take them to court. His responses are childish, but in his defense he is a child and anyone who'd be outraged over what he did likes to get pointlessly outraged.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I don’t understand slightly younger people:

I [25 M] received a Snapchat video from my ex [26 F] of her bloody and bruised butt with a caption: "my new boyfriend did this and he does me really good"

quote:

u/polska_kielbasa
Why did she do this? I havent talked to her since august 2017, we dated for almost 4 years, and i received this horrific video at work out of the blue. I couldn't believe it, didn't know how to react, i started shaking, my heart pounding so I just blocked her and deleted her number.

My ex knew I was still in love with her and she knew I still missed her, i didnt say anything mean to deserve this video.

Before she sent me the video i asked her to not text me or send me pics if it would hurt me. She did anyway. Why did she do such an evil thing?

TL;DR why did she send me a video of her bruised butt from her new boyfriend?

Good dick will (im)pound you.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Milotic posted:

I [25 M] received a Snapchat video from my ex [26 F] of her bloody and bruised butt with a caption: "my new boyfriend did this and he does me really good"

My first guess is that the new boyfriend got into her phone and sent the picture

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Doggles posted:

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my marriage is dying

Husband (27M) has been resentful of me (25F), because we went over budget on wedding, causing him to sell off all his investments.

Love too financially ruin myself over pretty wedding pictures

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Milotic posted:

This is why you block your ex on social media after a breakup rather than going pretty please don't contact me at this number.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Khorne posted:

It wasn't the school's website. It was his. If there were justice in the world he would tell the school to suck his drat balls and go back to class like nothing happened.

If he can go back to school and graduate like normal without his grades suffering he doesn't need to bother pursuing it further. A suspension is actually a free school vacation that doesn't count toward your absences.

If what they're doing screws with his future then he should definitely take them to court. His responses are childish, but in his defense he is a child and anyone who'd be outraged over what he did likes to get pointlessly outraged.

Right. The school was using his website as if it was de facto theirs, which was an error for many reasons. They are now upset that their lack of foresight has caused problems and are retaliating like authoritarian organizations do. Nobody will win here, and nobody will learn a drat thing.

The correct response to the school requesting removal of an editorial they disagreed with would have been to tell them it’s not their website, but that they were welcome to write their own editorial if they wished.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Milotic posted:

So many things to pick apart. Why would she send a video after no contact for so long without warning? Why would she send a video of a battered butt? Why would he text her "please don't send me mean texts or pictures" lmao?

I don't even feel slightly confident to diagnose this one. She hates him a lot and thought he was a weiner of a lover (supported by his weiner text and her breaking up with him)? And she's been waiting to send this gotcha vid since they broke up but took until now to find a boyfriend who would batter her butt enough to make for an emasculating video??

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

boner confessor posted:

i dont think you read that stdh story very carefully. making a more useful website does not entitle you to wages or compensation from the party you are impersonating
It doesn't, but the impersonation angle would go nowhere once it becomes clear they were aware of the site's existence and at best did nothing to discourage its use, and, given that staff used it, probably actively encouraged it. Their initial request to take down an article demonstrates knowledge and acceptance of the site's existence.

A good judicial system would probably allow a case to be made that encouraging the site to be used as a semi official means of communication combined with an attempt to exert editorial control would mean that from the school's perspective they believed the site was not independent which would mean the work done was de facto work for the school. Given that the work was done by a minor (and even more, a student) it could then be argued that they were exploiting his naivete and are actually responsible for compensation. It's the US, though, so yeah that's not going to happen.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Milotic posted:

It’s like an evil Pete:

I mean he’s not a nice person, but I’m laughing at “Best ask the internet how to win back my husband’s love after ignoring his wants and needs all this time, instead of talking to him to find out if our marriage is salvageable”

"I ignored my husband until well after he started a new relationship. People who don't know him, tell me how I can interact with husband in loving way to get husband back?" Lady, you're doomed. Also an rear end in a top hat.

Doggles posted:

I'd be pissed off too. Her line about

quote:

We're in a better position than we were after the wedding. We both have jobs, we don't have post wedding debt. It's just a matter of us building our savings back up, but I think what burns him the most is that he got blindsided. He now feels like he has to start all over into what he had initially put 5 years of investing into

No poo poo you're better than after the wedding, the guy sounds like an amazingly fiscally responsible person. Five years of investments AND an emergency fund. Wiped out because two separate sets of people backed out of obligations. A guy like that probably had designs on owning a house that was completely paid off in another 10 years. That's gone. And it's been a month.

Also lol at "we don't have post-wedding debt." You shouldn't have post-wedding debt anyway, it's a party, not a car, house, or education

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dienes posted:

This is why you block your ex on social media after a breakup rather than going pretty please don't contact me at this number.

:ohdear: "But what if she wants to contact me to take me back?"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The risk of seeing a bruised and bloody butt is worth the small chance of seeing an unbruised unbloody butt.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He should have just replied "Your rear end looks like poo poo"

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Yep. Towards the end of high school I got accused of something expulsion worthy that I absolutely did not do, and could prove I didn't do.
I wouldn't confess and they threatened to suspend me and I got positively belligerent because I was done with my major projects and was already accepted into university. I told them I'd love a suspension. They backed down and threatened to investigate further and that was the last I ever heard of it.

Edit; otoh I didn't goatse the whole school district in retaliation

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Saving for 5 years means nothing unless we know how much he was saving. Some people have IRAs with like $6000 bucks in them for some reason.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
The important question people should be asking is if the blood was coming from the cheeks or inside the rear end.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That is not how you gently caress an rear end. I think she was reaching out for help because her new butt beau is beating her real good and he was too much of a weenie to figure it out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What a weak response to that text. I feel less virile just reading it.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Khorne posted:

He is already suspended. If he shows up at school he will promptly sent home and only create further trouble for himself. He doesn't state how long he's been suspended for, but if I had to guess it's probably a week or two and he's probably not at risk of not being able to graduate (may not be able to walk though). Schools HATE having to explain why they aren't graduating a kid that would otherwise graduate because of behavior issues. It's apparently a massive pain in the rear end and hurts their numbers, which is basically all they care about.

Edit: It looks like he's deleted the post as well as his comments in the thread, but based on what's still there it doesn't sound like he's actually at risk of not graduating or anything. Most of the lawyers in there are telling him his chances in court are slim and could open him to actual criminal charges and he's best served by dropping it and moving on with his life.

Ouhei fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 21, 2018

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ex spanked so what

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They didn't entrust their website to him or ask him to do anything. He did it all unasked. How the hell you give bill someone for work they didn't ask for and never agreed to?

boner confessor posted:

sleepwalkers posted:

It wasn't an official school website.

The school and faculty began using the student’s site as a de facto replacement for their own. Through this action they officially endorsed it. At any time they could have taken measures to rectify the situation.

Offering to sell the site is about transferring ownership to those who mistakenly thought they owned it by default in the first place. This episode has pointed out their error, in which they do not actually own (or more importantly, operate) the site they embraced.

Asking to be paid for doing the work of a professional the school was too cheap or inept to hire is more than fair, especially if the school is intending to punish the student. I suggested it as a bargaining chip because often issues are resolved well before they get to court through bluster, pressure and a willingness to compromise.

Like it or not, the student owns the rights to the work he did and is free to pursue compensation, though again, I’d use it as a bargaining chip to mulligan the whole incident. Would it work? Probably not, but he has nothing to lose on that front.

E: yeah, there’s also the charges that could be made against this dumbass for things like distributing porn to minors.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

"I ignored my husband until well after he started a new relationship. People who don't know him, tell me how I can interact with husband in loving way to get husband back?" Lady, you're doomed. Also an rear end in a top hat.

I'd be pissed off too. Her line about

No poo poo you're better than after the wedding, the guy sounds like an amazingly fiscally responsible person. Five years of investments AND an emergency fund. Wiped out because two separate sets of people backed out of obligations. A guy like that probably had designs on owning a house that was completely paid off in another 10 years. That's gone. And it's been a month.

Also lol at "we don't have post-wedding debt." You shouldn't have post-wedding debt anyway, it's a party, not a car, house, or education

She shares in the thread she had 0 savings going into the marriage and she *MAY* have pressured the husband to sell all his poo poo to pay for the wedding.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Wassbix posted:

She shares in the thread she had 0 savings going into the marriage and she *MAY* have pressured the husband to sell all his poo poo to pay for the wedding.

Which if they were in a regular investment account, not an IRA or 401k, then he owes capital gains, which is going to make taxes next year suuuper fun.

If they were in the 401k he took a hefty penalty to remove that money.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milotic posted:

It’s like an evil Pete:

How did she get married in the first place?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pvt.Scott posted:

The school and faculty began using the student’s site as a de facto replacement for their own. Through this action they officially endorsed it. At any time they could have taken measures to rectify the situation.

Offering to sell the site is about transferring ownership to those who mistakenly thought they owned it by default in the first place. This episode has pointed out their error, in which they do not actually own (or more importantly, operate) the site they embraced.

Asking to be paid for doing the work of a professional the school was too cheap or inept to hire is more than fair, especially if the school is intending to punish the student. I suggested it as a bargaining chip because often issues are resolved well before they get to court through bluster, pressure and a willingness to compromise.

Like it or not, the student owns the rights to the work he did and is free to pursue compensation, though again, I’d use it as a bargaining chip to mulligan the whole incident. Would it work? Probably not, but he has nothing to lose on that front.

E: yeah, there’s also the charges that could be made against this dumbass for things like distributing porn to minors.

The faculty weren't using his website, he was just capturing updates to the official one and duplicating the content into his format, probably through automated scripts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If you want a really bad r/relationship roommate story, check this poo poo out. Makes the average bad roommate a heck of chump!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Milotic posted:

I think revenge porn is lovely and all that but tbh I'd consider that public domain so to speak and post it online.

Let a bunch if fetishists fap over it.

*shrug*

A bit vindictive maybe but I'm 2 beers in to my off work celebration so sue me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

COMRADES posted:

I think revenge porn is lovely and all that but tbh I'd consider that public domain so to speak and post it online.

*shrug*

A bit vindictive maybe but I'm 2 beers in to my off work celebration so sue me.

Ummmmmmm that is not public domain you loving what the hell