Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Clanpot Shake posted:

Where did you find all of the others? I always check merchants but only was able to buy maybe five?

A lot of maps are scattered around and not purchasable, like one I found tucked away on the top floor of a mill and a few in wealthy people's rooms. They're just laying out in the open, though a bit hidden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
You don't need dagger for ears. Daggers are only used for stealth kills. Even if you are bad at stealth and fighting it should still be possible to do Ruin with stealth take downs, so long as you are careful. You can get better gear and earn money very quickly that way. I started by stealthing Ruin and Raid, and eventually actually had to slow down a bit to wait for all the merchants to reset.

Also if you want a good sword early you can fight the Feint Hearted Knight for his. You need pretty high strength though, so you might have to wait a bit before you can use it properly.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

Man Johanka can go gently caress herself. Minor sidequest spoilers: Now I don't have a problem with her being a bit rude, I understand she's under a lot of stress dealing with the wounded, that's cool. But then I get thrown in jail for the night for sassing that jackass noble dude when he bursts in to invite her to his feast while I'm helping her with the wounded. I get out the next day and go see her like "wow that guy was a dick huh" and her response was "well at least he was here the whole time!" Bitch, what? I was right there loving helping you and he showed up out of nowhere and threw me in prison! Last I heard you were complaining that he does nothing to help with the wounded and was a bit of a creeper, now he's your knight in shining armour?

Getting thrown in jail for sassing a noble is realistic, and most peasants would not be dumb enough to do so. Her judging you for being that dumb is also being realistic.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
So, I coulda just go buy a bunch with my cooked meat, but is there no way for me to make my own dried meat/food?

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
gently caress, whatever update Steam just downloaded for this game made it super tedious. 20 second loadtimes for convos with the game on an SSD. I've also had it fail to launch, get stuck forever at the opening cinematics, and saves can now take a couple of minutes to load, where before they took 4-5 seconds.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Charlz Guybon posted:

Getting thrown in jail for sassing a noble is realistic, and most peasants would not be dumb enough to do so. Her judging you for being that dumb is also being realistic.

I didn't know that option would sass him, I thought Henry was going to word it more diplomatically. And after she was bitching about him earlier I really don't think it is realistic she would suddenly take his side. But whatever I just thought it was kind of funny

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Scherloch posted:

gently caress, whatever update Steam just downloaded for this game made it super tedious. 20 second loadtimes for convos with the game on an SSD. I've also had it fail to launch, get stuck forever at the opening cinematics, and saves can now take a couple of minutes to load, where before they took 4-5 seconds.

Yeah this is happening to me too. I haven't played since late last week and suddenly dialogues take the better part of a minute to load on an SSD.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Charlz Guybon posted:

I wasn't a fan of that quest. I kept my mouth shut and stayed out of trouble. I help everyone, including going back to Skadden to learn how to save the last guy, and when I get back she complained about how at least the other guy was always there and then she says he's cute or something. I don't know if there's any kind of better outcome.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Frog Act posted:

I trained with Bernard a lot, and I can't find anything to sell for more than a few groschen. My woodcutters axe, bardiche, old padded vest from Talmberg etc all sold for about 80.5...should I be selling herbs? I did just find some skins.

Also where can I get a dagger for ears?

Go back to Talmberg and talk with Divish for a quest that is almost all talking and will have significant cash rewards.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

So, I coulda just go buy a bunch with my cooked meat, but is there no way for me to make my own dried meat/food?

It looked like itll accept any meat. If you want to make your own go hunt and then cook it at a stew pot. Im not sure there is a way to make dried meat but that would be pretty boss if you can, thats really the only type of food you need for the road since it never spoils.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Alright, this mod is both stupid and hilarious.

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/134

quote:

Diversifies the game world by making Cpt.Bernard an african-american

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

FuzzySlippers posted:

Yeah this is happening to me too. I haven't played since late last week and suddenly dialogues take the better part of a minute to load on an SSD.

It updated and then today rolled back to the release version so technically there shouldnt be any changes from last week. I hate to say poo poo like verify integrity since that never seems to work but maybe it would here.

E: actually looking at the patch sticky they rolled it back out so nvm.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 22, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Futuresight posted:

The one I think you're talking about (XII I think) the treasure is in a hard locked chest in the house the map points to.

:downsgun:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Trying to hunt rabbits with that crappy bow and practicing clubs with Bernard have to be two of the most frustrating game experiences I've ever had. The bow feels extremely difficult to use with any kind of precision, even when you try to track the arrowhead with your eyes instead of focusing on the target and stuff.

I don't get to buy games at full price often so I requested a refund, made up some stuff about crashes and performance issues to hopefully get them to waive the time limit. I don't hate the game and if they deny it I'll keep trying but I have to say I've found a lot of this frustrating which is weird because I love mount and blade, Dark Souls, etc.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Frog Act posted:

Trying to hunt rabbits with that crappy bow and practicing clubs with Bernard have to be two of the most frustrating game experiences I've ever had. The bow feels extremely difficult to use with any kind of precision, even when you try to track the arrowhead with your eyes instead of focusing on the target and stuff.

I don't get to buy games at full price often so I requested a refund, made up some stuff about crashes and performance issues to hopefully get them to waive the time limit. I don't hate the game and if they deny it I'll keep trying but I have to say I've found a lot of this frustrating which is weird because I love mount and blade, Dark Souls, etc.

I always try to aim with my knuckle then eyeball the height

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Futuresight posted:

The one I think you're talking about (XII I think) the treasure is in a hard locked chest in the house the map points to.

I literally spent 20 minutes wandering around outside that cabin with a spade, looking for the buried treasure. I knew the chest was there the entire time I was doing this. I am the medieval equivalent of the beach bum with a metal detector...
:eng99:

Frog Act posted:

The arrow goes more or less where the crosshair is, the crosshair just disappears. You can reactivate it with the console.

Without resorting to that, remember that you are not supposed to hold the draw. If you don't adjust the aim, your bow will naturally be back at the original spot exactly when the draw is finished, if you release right then: it flies where you originally aimed. After the draw, when you hold (especially if your skills are low) it will sway left and right, not vertically...keep this in mind and just wait for the sway to hit the center again and release.

You can always cancel the shot and reset if you lose your timing or position.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If you need money desperately just go find some rabbits or even better a deer and kill them and cook the meat and sell it.

You get insane amounts of money from meat.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, she slits their throats like a loving badass. I felt so guilty I saved scummed 10 hours to go back and poke a Cuman.

After sleeping on it, this is the biggest disappointment so far. I would have really expected a lot more reactivity from this quest and characterization of Theresa. But, nope, whether or not she gets raped by a mercenary army in front of her dead parents or whether you distract the Cumans and save her so she can run away has no effect on her storyline. No matter what, she's just bangtail. I went back because I thought it would have an effect on the outcome, that maybe Henry would end up marrying his hometown sweetheart, but it seems the roundest females characters will be one-knight-stands. :heysexy:

If you want to learn more about medieval relationships, might I suggest reading Sexuality in Medieval Europe: Doing Unto Others by Karras, Ruth Mazo.

An excerpt

quote:

This story comes from one of the French fabliaux of the late twelfth century.

A fisherman has married a young wife, whom he satisfies sexually, in the words of the poem: A young and well-fed healthy wife Wants frequent loving all her life.

She claims that she loves him because he supports her and buys her things; he says it’s only for the sake of sex.

… I earn Your love by working for your pleasure. Never for finery or treasure Do women love their lords the way They do for screwing’s what I say.
(Note how different this is from a contemporary scenario, in which a wife would be much more likely to protest that she loves her husband for the great sex, while he would accuse her of wanting him only as a meal ticket.)

The fisherman finds a dead body in the water one day – a priest who had drowned while escaping from a jealous husband – and decides to test his wife. He cuts off the penis and takes it to his wife, claiming that it is his, cut off when he was attacked by three knights.

She immediately says to him: God shorten all your days on earth. I hate you. Now your body’s worth Nothing.

She makes ready to leave the house, but he calls her back and tells her God has miraculously restored him. She says: Today you frightened me no end. I never had such a fright before, while embracing him, and holding his penis, just to be sure.14

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

No quest markers is really pain in the rear end.

I poached some rabbits for Alex. He was on main square earlier, but now I just can't find him.
I hope he likes rotten meat, because they've decayed to 2% now.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

adhuin posted:

I poached some rabbits for Alex. He was on main square earlier, but now I just can't find him.

There are quest markers though. Press J to go to your quest log and then IIRC it's E to track/untrack a quest. You can track up to 3 at a time.

Also yeah all the meat quests will happily accept meat in any condition, even 0%

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

adhuin posted:

You can manage which markers it shows for quests from the journal page.

You can only have X number up at a time but you can switch which quests have markers or not by pressing E on them in the journal, the ones with markers get a red or green shield with a letter A B or C on them.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The "Main" perk group annoys me because almost everything has tradeoffs. The First Aid ones seem good though.

Its a mixed bag, and tends to deal with your character's specific focus for development more than anything.

Personally, I chose the perk that raised charisma, because that meant even when all my clothing was dirty I still had at least a few points, which actually helped in some quests. And Charisma is the only stat that you can't "raise", so much as buff.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Diogines posted:

Diversifies the game world by making Cpt.Bernard an african-american

I'm sure the mod author did that on purpose but it always cracks me up when somebody is trying to be super PC and refers to black people as African Americans when they are clearly not from America.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

FuzzySlippers posted:

It improved a lot as I kept playing. After ~30 minutes, conversations became instant and when I had to load, it did it in a few seconds. I guess having to load resources upon launching for the first time could be an explanation for why it was sluggish, but I haven't had it do that before, so the update definitely borked something. Also, I'm noticing a lot more clipping, like people poking through their clothes or armor. Maybe that's been happening all along and I just haven't been paying attention.

Wafflecopper posted:

Man Johanka can go gently caress herself. Minor sidequest spoilers: Now I don't have a problem with her being a bit rude, I understand she's under a lot of stress dealing with the wounded, that's cool. But then I get thrown in jail for the night for sassing that jackass noble dude when he bursts in to invite her to his feast while I'm helping her with the wounded. I get out the next day and go see her like "wow that guy was a dick huh" and her response was "well at least he was here the whole time!" Bitch, what? I was right there loving helping you and he showed up out of nowhere and threw me in prison! Last I heard you were complaining that he does nothing to help with the wounded and was a bit of a creeper, now he's your knight in shining armour?
I had her say that without having sassed him and gone to jail. I think she's referring to the fact that you've only just showed up to help, while he's been there from the beginning. Not that it makes her comment any less lovely. I helped a handful of refugees in the infirmary, hunted for meat (and had to fight a handful of Cumans and bandits I ran into while doing so), paid that loving stuck-up custodian to help the refugees (because he literally doesn't want to, and only pretends to care because he has the hots for Johanka) and she has the nerve to give me poo poo? I've done more in two hours than that fucker has done since they arrived. If I could undo my good deeds, I loving would.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Yeah, I'm basically at the point in that quest where I speak to him. Sounds like the outcome sucks no matter what I choose for this one.
Might just have to off that prick in secret after it's all done.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I had a peculiar version of the guy looting a corpse encounter.

There was a guy looting a deer. When I talked to him, he accused me of poaching.

I countered that with:
first aid : I was just looking if I could help him.

He bought my explanation.:smug:

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

adhuin posted:

I had a peculiar version of the guy looting a corpse encounter.

There was a guy looting a deer. When I talked to him, he accused me of poaching.

I countered that with:
first aid : I was just looking if I could help him.

He bought my explanation.:smug:

I really like it when they're like "you did this" and you go "no I loving didn't" and they go "ok, checks out", then you go "you did it, admit it!" and they just go "yeah, I did it". Like, if they did it and were trying to cover their rear end, why the gently caress would they let themselves be convinced you didn't do it? Were Bohemian peasants that loving dumb?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Man I'm finding the game really buggy tonight. A bunch of people that should have the "talk" icon for them do not have it. I have to reload a save to get it to work. A couple quest markers aren't changing like they should when I complete certain tasks for that mission/quest, and I'm stuck on a loading screen for another quest I'm trying to finish. Anyone else having issues tonight? I'm guessing the patch/unpatch might have bugged something for me.
I had to exit the game from the task manager in windows, and now it's downloading a bunch of stuff.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
hahah, if you leave items in the trunk in the blacksmith house kitchen, they're still there when you come back after the Cumans have burned the village

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
By the way, so I decided to get basic stealth training from Matthew, however I can't get trained by him again - the option for basic training is gone, and if I go for the next level up (which is for lv5+. I'm currently lv4) he naturally says that I'm not good enough for that kind of training yet.
So am I only able to get one level in training per training 'tier', or can I just wait a couple of days before going back to him for additional training, or?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Scherloch posted:

I really like it when they're like "you did this" and you go "no I loving didn't" and they go "ok, checks out", then you go "you did it, admit it!" and they just go "yeah, I did it". Like, if they did it and were trying to cover their rear end, why the gently caress would they let themselves be convinced you didn't do it? Were Bohemian peasants that loving dumb?

I think most people were that dumb prior to public education, and it probably did not help the nobility's sense of superiority that everyone who wasn't a noble was less-than-elementary-school stupid. The scribe's elation if you correctly identify the moral of the golden goose story feels ~super~ authentic for the period to me...

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Game's lots of fun but I ran into two critical path gamestoppers in as many days (most recent one doesn't have a workaround). Can't really excuse it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I think most people were that dumb prior to public education, and it probably did not help the nobility's sense of superiority that everyone who wasn't a noble was less-than-elementary-school stupid. The scribe's elation if you correctly identify the moral of the golden goose story feels ~super~ authentic for the period to me...

Yeah I forget whether it was in a published review or in a post above here where someone pointed out that the game does have a magic system, that magic system is "learning to read," and it makes you a goddam wizard.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Major Isoor posted:

By the way, so I decided to get basic stealth training from Matthew, however I can't get trained by him again - the option for basic training is gone, and if I go for the next level up (which is for lv5+. I'm currently lv4) he naturally says that I'm not good enough for that kind of training yet.
So am I only able to get one level in training per training 'tier', or can I just wait a couple of days before going back to him for additional training, or?

Each person will only train you once per tier.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Major Isoor posted:

You can train once per tier per skill (the tiers being 1-4, 5-9, 10-14, then one last time after 15).

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

Each person will only train you once per tier.

Coldforge posted:

You can train once per tier per skill (the tiers being 1-4, 5-9, 10-14, then one last time after 15).

Ah, that's unfortunate. Are there any other stealth trainers, you're aware of? Matthew is the only one I know of, sadly.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

Major Isoor posted:

Ah, that's unfortunate. Are there any other stealth trainers, you're aware of? Matthew is the only one I know of, sadly.

One of the millers trains stealth. I think it's the one northeast of Sasau that starts the captured Cuman quest.

But you can only get one training at each tier from any of the trainers, you can't double up at a given tier.

Training is also not use-it-or-lose-it, so if you wait until you're at 16 you can do all 4 trainings in one shot and get to 20.

esquilax fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 22, 2018

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

esquilax posted:

One of the millers trains stealth. I think it's the one northeast of Sasau that starts the captured Cuman quest.

But you can only get one training at each tier from any of the trainers, you can't double up at a given tier.

Excellent! I'll pay him a visit, when I start up KCD later on. Thanks!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Major Isoor posted:

Excellent! I'll pay him a visit, when I start up KCD later on. Thanks!

You can also find one skill book per tier, per skill. I think stealth's book is called Shadow Play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

So I just ran into a fun bug where if I go into the cobbler's in Sasau I can't leave the room due to lovely clipping around the door