Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand. Is Kruber holding Bardin back from rat bashing? Why would he do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Holding him back from elf bashing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Lunethex posted:

I need to know who made that

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

Holding him back from elf bashing.

Safety Factor posted:

Why would he do that?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Slayer leap has had a cool down reduction and it is the tits.

When the buff wears off, leap is 50% charged.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 22, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Illusions are working now.

Pro: Cool
Con: illusion of what the actual weapon is

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait what are illusions?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it's weapon x but it looks like weapon y

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So can you swing a gun around and dismember things with it

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Does it work across weapon types and how does that work with weapon animations?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

XP gain was nerfed massively. A full Hard run would have been 1225 exp but now it's just 500.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Game is dead. See you all in Vermintidepod 3.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Drake gun changes.

Charging it builds heat faster. Firing it builds heat only when it is not charged.

It charges faster.

I don't remember how much damage I used to do so no clue about that.

Also I can't see poo poo since the game darkens everything like some loving idiot designed it.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 22, 2018

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Still see people trouncing around owning with weapons like the halberd, longbow, drakegun (still outperformed the latter even halfway through a game :smug:). Hagbane might have seen a small damage nerf, but everything seems intact.

And the game is a lot more playable, less spawns overall.

:frogsiren: AND THEY FIXED THE GUTTER RUNNERS :frogsiren:

I noticed right away crafting materials come in bigger quantities too. Actually got some loving blue shards for once.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 22, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Does it work across weapon types and how does that work with weapon animations?

It's probably just to let you use the white/green/blue model of a weapon on its orange version for fashion, since it would understandably make the models do magical things if you tried to tell them to swing a dagger like a greataxe unless fatshark bothered to gently caress with every possible combination of weapon and model, all for a joke feature

I'm canceling my preorder and starting a smear campaign against them if they didn't though

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Yesterday I didn't know V2 was a thing, I've just run my first game now. Pubbies still bad and elf will still shoot at unaware Stormvermin.

Where is the discord, goons?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
when does this game even come out

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

NDA is dead anyway.

Flail is no longer locked to the Zealot, so I got to play with it. It seems kinda neat, like a single-mace from the previous game except the heavy is a big sweep instead of a smashing overhead. Also 2 shields. But it's really cathartic to just beat the poo poo out of a shield stormvermin.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Hard is extra hard now. Also my games are ending up with 3-4 specials spawning at a time.

Tenchrono fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 22, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Joined a game, hookrat was pulling one teammate clockwise around a tree. Then while trying to save him I noticed another hookrat pulling another teammate counter clockwise around the same tree.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Night10194 posted:

NDA is dead anyway.
I thought the NDA technically fell on the 28th? Though it was a load of unenforceable bullshit before so who even knows, I was just trying to be polite to Fatshark

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Same here, but on starting up the startup message says the closed beta is no longer under NDA.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
The spirit of the NDA is to keep media outlets from publishing stuff about an unfinished game in a way that could negatively impact sales. They don't give two shits what we talk about here as long as it's not posting 30 minute gameplay videos etc

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's over yeah

quote:

The NDA is no longer in effect - you are free to Stream, Broadcast, Screenshot and discuss to your hearts content!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

The spirit of the NDA is to keep media outlets from publishing stuff about an unfinished game in a way that could negatively impact sales. They don't give two shits what we talk about here as long as it's not posting 30 minute gameplay videos etc

yeah, i figured that, but last thing i wanted was to post poo poo up on my youtube channel and get dinged. lune gave me a plan on that where we'd just lay out what we're going to do without gameplay footage and i was still concerned about letter-of-the-law bullshit causing hurt feelings.

but if the new build says it's weapons free then hell yeah

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so was it intentional behavior that the fart wizards can summon a whirlwind without having line of sight, so that they could essentially channel it infinitely from a location you cannot attack, or was that just alpha quirkiness

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

so was it intentional behavior that the fart wizards can summon a whirlwind without having line of sight, so that they could essentially channel it infinitely from a location you cannot attack, or was that just alpha quirkiness

I complained about that in the feedback forums at length and nobody ever commented on it one way or the other.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I never personally had one make a whirlwind without technically having line of sight, but they can create it from absurdly far away with a pixel of their head visible and then immediately teleport away behind something, so they may as well have been able to do it without LOS

Did they fix gunners being able to fire with 0 windup time or is that a "feature"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

blightstormers need LOS to start the storm, but after the storm has begun they can move it wherever the hell they want, regardless of whether or not they have LOS. the stairwells in Seed of Corruption were their favorites for dropping into some dank corner, starting a whirlwind at the bottom of the stairs, and then following you up the flight while you're trying to cut your way through a horde at the top, because there's definitely no going back to shoot the fucker at that point.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I really wish the wizard assholes made more locational sound so that I could pick out direction, rather than whispering in your ear from every direction at once. It would make shooting the fuckers in the face easier.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Honestly the blight stormers are enough of a disruption where they don't really need the extra range. Even in a relatively enclosed space forcing me to cut through a hoard to get to one kind of accomplishes the goal.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the blightstormers absolutely need to be less able to do their weird bullshit from wherever. the way things worked out, you were frequently unable to do anything about their poo poo while they were tucked away in some geometry nook halfway across the map.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I'm sorry for a second it sounded like the NDA was lifted at noon, NO BACKSIES TIME TO STREAM, RATFANS :D

This build is worlds less janky, and crafting makes me excited to smelt down my bullshit and turn it into rerolls of better poo poo. Just did that for an orange bolt staff with +10% crit chance plus my other crit chance stuff, autovent on crit, and heat makes Pyromancer crit more and for more. I'm liking finding out all these new gameplay loops, and I like how ratmen and Sports Fans give you a nice rogue's gallery to test your nonsense out on.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Digirat posted:

I never personally had one make a whirlwind without technically having line of sight, but they can create it from absurdly far away with a pixel of their head visible and then immediately teleport away behind something, so they may as well have been able to do it without LOS

Did they fix gunners being able to fire with 0 windup time or is that a "feature"

I have consistently had time to get out of the way of gunners as long as I'm not in the wideass open, so I'm guessing yeah? I never really had that much problem with 'em even in their new incarnation.

Now warpfire throwers... if you wanna start talking that poo poo about warpfire throwers we'll be here until tomorrow.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I just noticed that in Kruber's room, he has made little animals out of potatoes. This makes me happy.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Game rocks and I appreciate melee combat feeling chunkier. Good change.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Huntsman is good. The special is crazy and if you use a bow its better than the elf.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah seriously, Huntsman's bow is Pro.

And it's pretty obvious at this point only certain careers are viable in Nightmare onward until they start applying changes to them. Slayer got an awesome buff though, pretty good.

Also, holy gently caress, do NOT use the Dual Swords if you are Elf. They are BAD right now, and bugged. Swapping weapons is near impossible and they bounce off literally everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
The power curve of this game is INSANE. Straight up: i don't like how levels are gatekeepered to power level, and I'd rather have a smart power 50 guy than a dumbass power 400 or whatever, but GOD going back to Normal to help someone level and breaking it over your knee feels good.

• Locked thread