Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I love when my schools get hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Let's dispel with this fiction that Trump knows what he's doing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah but gun manufacturers will just argue that their guns are for target shooting or hunting. So if somebody shoots a person that's not their problem. Like, at most all you'd get is they'd start putting an EULA on the side of every gun, or like "WARNING: DO NOT USE FOR MURDER"

nah, treat it like cigarettes, force gun manufacturers to plow huge sections of their profits into public campaigns stigmatizing gun ownership, denigrating gun users etc. pretty soon people will start doing that on their own

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah but gun manufacturers will just argue that their guns are for target shooting or hunting. So if somebody shoots a person that's not their problem. Like, at most all you'd get is they'd start putting an EULA on the side of every gun, or like "WARNING: DO NOT USE FOR MURDER"

so the lawyer just introduces NRA marketing which contradicts this

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Love Trump, the man who makes his kids fast-forward through dumb stuff like talking to get to the action sequences in movies such as Bloodsport, now being concerned about violent movies.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

hell fuckin yeah

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Let's dispel with this fiction that Trump knows what he's doing

jeb

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8fwWZD159k

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

will r/the_donald be onboard with this considering most of them are internet gaming shut-ins

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol they sat trump between two pretty teen girls but kept them far enough away so he wouldn't grab them

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

TotalHell posted:

will r/the_donald be onboard with this considering most of them are internet gaming shut-ins

who fuckin cares what they think lmfao

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
tfw your boss says movies are too violent these days

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Joementum posted:

Trump: Our Brand Is Crisis

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:cripes:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It looks to me like the law itself is the bullshit semantic game

Pistol grips are actually useful which is why actual military weapons feature them

So even on his dumb semantic grounds he's wrong

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

brugroffil posted:

Active shooter drills are bad and stressful

Turn schools into heavily armed compounds instead!

If this is leading to the Girls und Panzer world where all schools are on aircraft carriers, I'm for it.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

laffo

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

brugroffil posted:

Pistol grips are actually useful which is why actual military weapons feature them

So even on his dumb semantic grounds he's wrong

They're good for comfort and controlling recoil but their absence isn't going to stop a shooting

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

nah, treat it like cigarettes, force gun manufacturers to plow huge sections of their profits into public campaigns stigmatizing gun ownership, denigrating gun users etc. pretty soon people will start doing that on their own

I really think we should just ban guns.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sacrifice the guns to the volcano god

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

UFOTacoMan posted:

I'm sure some home school parents do a grade job.
Anecdotally I know a grade school counselor and they call home schooling "no schooling" because of how deficient most kids are that come into the school system from being home schooled.

public school system designed to train 1940's engineers and scientists: "these homeschooled kids are so deficient"

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
what happens if you homeschool your kid and your kid brings a gun to school but you also have armed teachers

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

“I am going to be dating her in 10 years. Can you believe it?”

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"This seems to be very unusual and a poor choice", I say to myself for the millionth time since Trump took office
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/966736173547876352

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

euphronius posted:

just have pill boxes at every hallway intersection

Every school should be set up like a dwarf fortress with bridges that retract over moats of lava.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Joementum posted:

wonder woman taught us that violence is wrong

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

not a bad idea

how long did it take for cigarettes to bottom out? two decades?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

the 90s are back, baby

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

but NRA commercials all but scream at the viewers to use their guns to murder their political enemies

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really think we should just ban guns.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

wonder woman taught us that violence is wrong

Lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*runs into the thread at top speed* WONDER WOMAN WAS GOOD FOR WHAT IT WAS OK!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

shiksa posted:

the 90s are back, baby

they're right. ban all reporting of school shootings. what kind ofsick monsters want to inflict fear and terror on 330 million americans over and over

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Jeb! Repetition posted:

They're good for comfort and controlling recoil but their absence isn't going to stop a shooting

So what idiot

Controlling recoil is kinda loving important

Making the weapon less effective is better why is this so hard to understand

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

remember when all the pepes got mad about hillary because she tried to take away their viddygames with movie ratings 20 years ago

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

GobiasIndustries posted:

"This seems to be very unusual and a poor choice", I say to myself for the millionth time since Trump took office
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/966736173547876352

is he playing with his band??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

remember when all the pepes got mad about hillary because she tried to take away their viddygames with movie ratings 20 years ago

wasn't that tipper gore

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm really glad I gave up cable over a decade ago

lol it was broadcast on ABC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

once wonder woman killed all the nazis itw as made clear that humans should love each other (except for the dead nazis)

• Locked thread