Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

realtalk, Vega as a desperate aging narcissist who has clearly had botox and some kind of hair-related surgery would be amazing

I don't know if they want to call out infiltration that blatantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jack Trades posted:

They should've redesigned Vega into being an ugly old man and not having his claw or mask anymore.
It would've beep a perfect fit for SFV.

They did his name is Zeku

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

god drat

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

drat

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Rude. Infil is perfect, k. :colbert:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

:emptyquote:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Blank's theme song in SFV
https://twitter.com/emezie/status/962572682595323904

Falke's theme
https://twitter.com/emezie/status/962536204821499904

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
Blanka is sonic now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAtkDjPG2yc

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Why does he talk now

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Double Bill posted:

Why does he talk now

?
He's been talking since 1998.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

100,000 fight money saved

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MrJacobs posted:

?
He's been talking since 1998.

Not in-game.
At least his English voice in SF4 had no spoken words or anything.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Not in-game.
At least his English voice in SF4 had no spoken words or anything.

https://youtu.be/F2ROg5goCXI

He talked all the time, though?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

How are none of you talking about the story costume?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think they burned the CA they wanted for Blanka on Laura

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

The Dave posted:

Holy poo poo! is that a mascot costume?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The Dave posted:

Eh, they already let slip everyones story outfits.

Ill be honest, I just want blankas sf2 stage, that would look really kickass in hd

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Double Bill posted:

Why does he talk now

????? He's literally talking in the first SF2 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdTSnDhQ4z4

EDIT: Beaten like Blanka

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mmmm two v triggers and they're both installs lol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yo blanka looks dumb

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Real hurthling! posted:

Yo blanka looks dumb

Yep. It's also pretty easy to forget Blanka can talk when he only says AAARRRUUUUUHHHHHHH and HHRRGGNNN during a fight
I also forgot how bad the animation is in SFV until I saw that trailer. Cody might bring me back, though

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Yo blanka looks dumb

So he's Blanka

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why is he moving in slow motion

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
He's in SFV

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

his story costume is amazing

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I was up to two in the morning practicing Ed combos. 😅

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

We Know Catheters posted:

I was up to two in the morning practicing Ed combos. 😅

Practice makes perfect! Don't look at that as a bad thing.

Random blanka notes

- Piano electricity only takes 4 button presses instead of the usual 5. So you can go like cr.lp(mp lp mp) and get electricity to come out.
- whiff lp roll into throw still works like you remember it from back in the day.
- already hearing complaints about laggy blankas so that owns.

Also did up some vids for Blanka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mbcfB6lxz0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l44VT9HuB8

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Oh you blocked a rainbow ball in vtrigger? That's nice.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UdFhl7y30Z4

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I watched some Blanka videos and it looks like it's too easy to just spam his ball. 😅

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
It's not. Light ball is the only safe-ish one due to pushback and even then, moves like YZeku slide, dic scissor kick and mmmmmost supers will reach it.

The trick is to apply pressure with electricity and then work from the frametrap. crmk xx elec, stlp xx light ball is an obvious safe pressure string but it's got gaps and is only safe in theory. Best option is to confirm from the jab, mix up your options with things like command grab, EX electricity or nothing at all, or just use it more when you get VT2 since then ball becomes properly safe

He's really fun but has mmmmmaybe the worst buttons in the game which is saying something given how loving awful most buttons are. His crmp is great but that's honestly it.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Goodpart posted:

It's not. Light ball is the only safe-ish one due to pushback and even then, moves like YZeku slide, dic scissor kick and mmmmmost supers will reach it.

The trick is to apply pressure with electricity and then work from the frametrap. crmk xx elec, stlp xx light ball is an obvious safe pressure string but it's got gaps and is only safe in theory. Best option is to confirm from the jab, mix up your options with things like command grab, EX electricity or nothing at all, or just use it more when you get VT2 since then ball becomes properly safe

He's really fun but has mmmmmaybe the worst buttons in the game which is saying something given how loving awful most buttons are. His crmp is great but that's honestly it.

That's really saying something because usually Blanka's whole thing is "hey my entire kit is a giant pile of unsynergystic badly-designed trash but at least my buttons are huge and good."

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Goodpart posted:

Cr.fp feels pretty good also. Decent range, -3 on block, super-cancellable.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Mr. Locke posted:

That's really saying something because usually Blanka's whole thing is "hey my entire kit is a giant pile of unsynergystic badly-designed trash but at least my buttons are huge and good."
It still kinda is. On the upside his command grab is scary and the threat of it gets people twitching. On the downside there's no reason that I can see to ever use any of his ball moves other than the LP horizontal ball and EX up ball. Honestly I've had really good success just using electricity as a constant pressure tool and jumping around like an idiot

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Goodpart posted:

It still kinda is. On the upside his command grab is scary and the threat of it gets people twitching. On the downside there's no reason that I can see to ever use any of his ball moves other than the LP horizontal ball and EX up ball. Honestly I've had really good success just using electricity as a constant pressure tool and jumping around like an idiot

The worst part is that with all the changes characters in V this was the perfect chance to finally fix Blanka even if it was just finally getting charge motions loving out of his command list, but instead he got the Alex treatment of characters really needing some design revamps getting ported straight while Vegas now a stance character because reasons.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Mr. Locke posted:

The worst part is that with all the changes characters in V this was the perfect chance to finally fix Blanka even if it was just finally getting charge motions loving out of his command list, but instead he got the Alex treatment of characters really needing some design revamps getting ported straight while Vegas now a stance character because reasons.

??charge motions make sense for blanka and allow him to have instant activation moves like blanka balls be balanced properly around the charge input requirement

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
blanka should be fixed

he also needs some adjustments to his moveset and buttons

ah who am i kidding shoot him behind the shed

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Zand posted:

??charge motions make sense for blanka and allow him to have instant activation moves like blanka balls be balanced properly around the charge input requirement

Thats be buyable if Blanka balls havent been poo poo except cancel fodder in literally every incarnation except CvS2 where he had the protection of roll canceling. The fact of the matter is Blanka is a positioning and mobility based scrapper with the half of his kit that works except the other half of it forces him to stop moving to charge to do damage most of the cast to get for free and the tools he has for positioning mid-charge grossly inferior for both positioning and attacking compared to Blankas closest counterpart (Bison)

Im not saying just make Blanka balls qcf and call it a loving day. Im saying fix this loving character whos been trash garbage in 13 of his 14 loving appearances I can think of off the top of my head.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 23, 2018

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Charge characters with good buttons can hold back while pushing their good buttons and then push forward and press a button after like two good buttons land. I'm no historian on Blanka affairs but is he or Street Fighter somehow different in a way where the above doesn't work easily?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Reiley posted:

Charge characters with good buttons can hold back while pushing their good buttons and then push forward and press a button after like two good buttons land. I'm no historian on Blanka affairs but is he or Street Fighter somehow different in a way where the above doesn't work easily?

And that's the way it does work for most characters. The problemis that Blanka has never particularly worked well this way because he lacks a lot of things his counterparts have. Balrog's Rushing Punches and Bison's Scissor Kicks can be safe on block when you use the right button at the right range and tend to beat things they run into whereas Blanka balls are classically unsafe and get blown up by anything generating hitboxes. Guile, Vega, and Bison have normals that do both minor and major positioning changes, letting them move somewhat while holding a charge (Blanka would eventually get a slide, but he can't even use it while retaining a back charge.) E.Honda has invincibility on the start of his headbutts and his normals are basically built to sit in the charge positions. Balrog basically has the best buttons of nearly any game he's in AND can usually link them even at reach to damage.

Blanka's buttons are good but they aren't so good that they really enable him to just sit at 1/3 distance or whatever and just play Bad Dhalsim with long arms and legs when he can't stick any damage. A lot of the buttons he can actually convert are short-ranged (cl.MK and cl.FP are usually two of his best attacks and his primary combo starters, whereas the only longer-reaching attack Blanka gets that's *sometimes* cancellable is cr.MK) and Blanka lacks ways to get into range of them while retaining a charge besides jumping. Even Electricity is much worse for Blanka then the other mash specials because Honda and Chun can at least convert mid-ranged pokes to extra damage, but Electricity means Blanka needs to be sitting directly on top of someone AFTER resolving buttons to get damage.