Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Guess he was too busy smoking weed-on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

sponges posted:

Snyder could whoop Whedons rear end in a irl fight

Let's face it, Snyder would go through a comic book convention like Batman through that warehouse. tho a lot closer to Wolverine (he's a little dude)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
why didn't Snyder just play Batman in a Snyder-directed Batman
have Tom Cruise in as main villain Two-Face and he won't seem small

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Roadhouse remake starring Zack Snyder.

This is the hottest thing I've seen in a lo-o-o-o-o-ong time.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Let's face it, Snyder would go through a comic book convention like Batman through that warehouse. tho a lot closer to Wolverine (he's a little dude)

I'm the best in the world at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice (I make movies about how the structures and narratives we build and write for ourselves make us do evil by making us forget our shared humanity)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Why would Batman wear a bunch of armor against a guy who could otherwise easily punch a hole in him??

Checkmate, hivemind goonies.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Only 235, but still pretty good for someone her size.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Martman posted:

Why would Batman wear a bunch of armor against a guy who could otherwise easily punch a hole in him??

He can easily punch a hole in him with the armour on too, it doesn't actually serve any purpose at all beyond being a callback to a comic it was lifted from without context, and if you haven't seen the comic/cartoon first it makes even less sense.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's such an odd complaint. The armour gets all hosed up during the fight and without it Bruce would have been even more hosed up and may not have been able to get the upper hand. Like, we literally see the armour protecting him.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

He can easily punch a hole in him with the armour on too, it doesn't actually serve any purpose at all beyond being a callback to a comic it was lifted from without context, and if you haven't seen the comic/cartoon first it makes even less sense.

people have already posted multiple purposes, you've just decided to ignore them because you're being a disingenuous nerdlinger not interested in an actual discussion

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

So did you just choose to ignore all the explanations that disprove you or are you just illiterate?

Edit: Beaten. Goon hivemind think alike.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Brother Entropy posted:

people have already posted multiple purposes, you've just decided to ignore them because you're being a disingenuous nerdlinger not interested in an actual discussion

None of those purposes make any sense, no matter how often you want to repeat them. There's no reason at all given for Batman wearing that suit, either spoken or demonstrated.

The movie was a complete mess, and even the fight that should have been the best part of the movie was let down from start to finish by poor decisions. There's not the remotest doubt that WB were in crisis mode over the DCEU as soon as BvS missed the mark with the majority of viewers, long before JL crashed and burned spectacularly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh okay.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Anyway:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The soldiers persist in wearing helmets, despite the ease with which even the slightest bullet will penetrate them.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

NTRabbit posted:

None of those purposes make any sense, no matter how often you want to repeat them. There's no reason at all given for Batman wearing that suit, either spoken or demonstrated.

You are seven seconds away from screaming about eye lines.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

That hasn't stopped him before.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Twitter borked on my phone, I'm guessing Joss finally got the boot?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

The movie was a mess, and even the fight that should have been the best part of the movie was let down from start to finish by poor decisions.

So you're the kinda guy who needs the characters to look into the camera and explicitly tell you why they're doing anything. Gotcha.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You are seven seconds away from screaming about eye lines.

I have no idea what you're talking about

Detective No. 27 posted:

So you're the kinda guy who needs the characters to look into the camera and explicitly tell you why they're doing anything. Gotcha.

No, I need movies to not be completely nonsensical. BvS was a bad movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Wonder where Joss could've gotten some ideas for a Batgirl story and I'm coming up with nothing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

No, I need movies to not be completely nonsensical. BvS was a bad movie.

You don't get to watch very many movies then if you can't figure out why someone would wear protection when fighting Superman.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah, it's sort of nice to run into these people periodically. You watch movies where characters laboriously explain things through dialog that have already been communicated visually and it's like, oh, okay, I guess there's people who actually need that. Also sad in a way, but everybody has their struggles.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

NTRabbit posted:

No poo poo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

You could try explaining what "eye lines" means

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh my.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

What's sad is I think you're actually genuine, because this is, at the very least, the 2nd time we've had this discussion. There's not much point in arguing with you simply because your mind is so myopic it refuses to entertain ideas that contradict your position. You can't even discuss how those other purposes "don't make any sense" because you don't have an argument against it other than "I didn't like it".

Like, there are probably 20 other things you can complain about over BvS, like the direction they took Batman in, the nightmare dream sequence, Lex Zuckerberg or whatever, and you literally chose the dumbest hill to die on.

It'd be like me going "Avengers sucked, because Hawkguy uses bows. That's so unrealistic, he should be using guns!".

McCloud fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 22, 2018

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That cyber Batsuit thing is brilliant anyway, Batman looks adorable in it.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Armour protects people, stops them getting hurt, and lets them keep fighting.

Batman doesn't get hurt and keeps fighting. He wins the fight, in fact.

...I seriously have no loving clue why you're so sure it did nothing. Did you used to write that Chef Elf website? The one where he would spend hundreds of words yelling that something from Star Wars was dumb without ever getting around to explaining why?

Mechafunkzilla posted:

As the OP of the Black Library thread, this hurts my feelings :(

aww, buddy :glomp: Gaunts Ghosts - Necropolis and the first two Eisenhorn books are good, don't feel bad.

The MSJ posted:

I've heard of this sentiment before, but it's from Muslims instead of specifically black people. Rich Arab nations, especially Saudi Arabia, are frequently criticized by people in other Muslim countries for not protecting Palestine, Iraq or Afghanistan from America and Israel and sometimes they are even accused of aiding what they see as the enemy.

Okay. I don't know how that relates to Black Panther.

Guy A. Person posted:

lol jesus, who thinks that?

On the IMDB message boards, there were fan groups convinced that another film's fan group was sabotaging the score with fake accounts, shifting it from 8.3 to 8.2. It happened with X-Men 2 and Spiderman 2, for instance, and The Last Samurai and Return of the King. People are paranoid and really petty.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They straight up run one of the guys over during the car chase and do a "ooh! That's gotta hurt!" thing.

It also did the traditional MCU thing of a high speed car wreck going straight through a waterside cafe in the middle of Seoul without hitting anybody. Because every civilian in the Marvel universe has a teleporter.

Punch Drunk Drewsky posted:

I had so many issues with BP by the time I left that I just about forgot that whole sequence. It's an extremely Marvel move to glibly toss in quiptastic widespread destruction and death in Korea just because it makes for a great car commercial. Which, now that I think about it, I haven't read any writers grappling with.

They played that stupid car commercial right before the movie when I saw it. I assumed it was actually just an ad, but no, it was essentially the sequence from the film.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, the suit is great because it works on so many levels. Practically speaking, it helps keep Batman alive while Superman is less than full star god, but still strong enough to throw him through a wall. Tactically, it fits with the sonic cannons and machine guns to make Superman think that Batman is just going to try to out-muscle him. Psychologically, it's part of how he psychs himself up to take on a god. As world building, the pre-existing damage on it reminds us that he's been at this a while. Visually, it looks cool as hell. And, of course, all of this recontextualizes imagery from The Dark Knight Returns.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Even if all those reasons why Batman wore armor didn't make sense, it's still an allusion to Excalibur, Zack Snyder's favorite movie.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

You don't get to watch very many movies then if you can't figure out why someone would wear protection when fighting Superman.

I don't remember the Bat-condom scene.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I Before E posted:

I don't remember the Bat-condom scene.

It's in Justice League. Wonder Woman helps him with his full-body Bat-condom.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Batman was unable to climax as soon as someone made him think about his mom.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Detective No. 27 posted:

Batman was unable to climax as soon as someone made him think about his mom.

If he was smart, Bats should have put on Kryptonite lipstick and kissed Superman.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Black Panther was ok. 3rd act sucked hard. Media overhyped the movie for me; it really just felt like the same old MCU stuff. The CG and action set pieces were really bad though. Really bad. I lol'd at the armored rhinos. Killmonger and Klaw were the best thing about the movie. Everything else is pretty forgettable imo.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I don't want to go into it too much here since we have a dedicated thread, but, yeah, I was surprised how little I cared for the action scenes in Black Panther after how good the boxing scenes were in Creed.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Snowman_McK posted:

It also did the traditional MCU thing of a high speed car wreck going straight through a waterside cafe in the middle of Seoul without hitting anybody. Because every civilian in the Marvel universe has a teleporter.

How exactly is this an MCU thing and not just a common trope of car chases?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

teagone posted:

Black Panther was ok. 3rd act sucked hard. Media overhyped the movie for me; it really just felt like the same old MCU stuff. The CG and action set pieces were really bad though. Really bad. I lol'd at the armored rhinos. Killmonger and Klaw were the best thing about the movie. Everything else is pretty forgettable imo.

Bp is the wonder woman of marvel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

teagone posted:

I thought the supporting cast, particular the women, were really great. One exception was Forest Whitaker, who stood out as being kind of bland especially considering the secret he was keeping and his subsequent death were supposed to be major turning points in the movie