Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Bolow posted:

Well I'm basically done with the first floor of my small house

https://imgur.com/a/aQTOD

Now to figure out what the gently caress to do down stairs

Ward 5, Plot 51 in Shiro on Excalibur if anyone wants a first hand look

This is truly stunning! Can you tell me how you were able to place the imitation windows over the real windows on the first floor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Kuvo posted:

i used this site for inspiration
https://housingsnap.com/

incidentally, heres my house. (ward 12 plot 28 if you wana see it ingame)

Nice site for inspiration.

I just upgraded to a medium house. My main problem at the moment is that the stairs on the main floor take up so much room, it's hard to divide that floor into seperate rooms. Can't clip the stair railings with walls either :(

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kuvo posted:

i used this site for inspiration
https://housingsnap.com/

incidentally, heres my house. (ward 12 plot 28 if you wana see it ingame)

Ok how the hell did they accomplish the curved wall of fake windows in https://housingsnap.com/2827 ? I thought you could specifically only place those on exterior walls so you should only be able to get them at 90 degree angles?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bolow posted:

Longinus Zeta, and Yoichi Zeta are legit the only 2 zodiac weapons suffering those loving books for

And my main jobs are Bard and Dragoon :negative:

I have the Zodiac and Anima for both already

Nirvana Zeta is really good

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Thundarr posted:

Ok how the hell did they accomplish the curved wall of fake windows in https://housingsnap.com/2827 ? I thought you could specifically only place those on exterior walls so you should only be able to get them at 90 degree angles?

You can trick the window into snapping to a partition and then the combo can be moved/rotated at will.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...1%23post4450311

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The description on this makes me snicker like a child.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Why am I doing this?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The description on this makes me snicker like a child.

I was expecting them to mince it or something but no they just straight-up went for it. Amazing.

I need to decorate my house even though I only have a small.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

vOv posted:

I was expecting them to mince it or something but no they just straight-up went for it. Amazing.

The translation team's been consistently able to use a combination of well-placed innuendo and uncommon/archaic word choices to tapdance around the ESRB rating.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

vOv posted:

Why am I doing this?

Because you'll be able to make like 15 million an hour just pressing macros while watching anime.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
What's the cheapest I can get the game and all the expansions for? I saw someone mention $30 somewhere, and I feel like that's a huge mistake. The Steam bundle is like $60 , with a discount of 0%.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Note Block posted:

This is truly stunning! Can you tell me how you were able to place the imitation windows over the real windows on the first floor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP1oWHeSzC0

The built in windows are a complete building dead zone, same with pillars that run the perimeter of your house. So I glitched windows on to partitions with this, it also works for any wall mounted item, like the wall planters I used to cover up the ugly texture fighting that runs between the pair of windows horizontally. The video says disable grid snapping but that's bullshit you can use it, trying to do it by freehand would drive you goddamn mad.

While we're on the housing topic, is there some website with how to's on constructing like various pieces of non-standard furniture? I'm trying to build a relatively compact oven and the only thing I've found uses the old loft/storage glitch that got fixed

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Night Pegasus Whistle makes me angry at how freakishly rare it is for me while everyone else seems to get it every time I do PotD.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Firstborn posted:

What's the cheapest I can get the game and all the expansions for? I saw someone mention $30 somewhere, and I feel like that's a huge mistake. The Steam bundle is like $60 , with a discount of 0%.

Like your AV, Steam is bait. And a mistake. Do not buy Steam, because Steam is considered to be its own "console" for purposes of billing. Which functionally doesn't mean anything, until it comes time to buy the next expansion: Then you can ONLY buy expansions through Steam, and cannot take advantage of heavy GMG or Amazon discounts instead.

It is entirely possible that the $30 is legit, though. Where did you find it, because I may have a need for a couple copies for friends?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Amazon has the disc version of the collection for $47

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So does nobody queue for Astragalos anymore? It always says 30 minutes.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Verranicus posted:

So does nobody queue for Astragalos anymore? It always says 30 minutes.

I know some folks in my FC still do it occasionally, but the problem is getting 48 people into a thing a roulette doesn't shunt them into. Just about anything that isn't patch-current has this problem just filling 8 or 24, forget a 48-man thing I wouldn't be surprised 2/3ds the player base doesn't even know exists.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Night Pegasus Whistle makes me angry at how freakishly rare it is for me while everyone else seems to get it every time I do PotD.

The obvious solution for this is to run PotD with me. I mean, it won't do you any good, but free Night Pegasus for me, whooo!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Like your AV, Steam is bait. And a mistake. Do not buy Steam, because Steam is considered to be its own "console" for purposes of billing. Which functionally doesn't mean anything, until it comes time to buy the next expansion: Then you can ONLY buy expansions through Steam, and cannot take advantage of heavy GMG or Amazon discounts instead.

It is entirely possible that the $30 is legit, though. Where did you find it, because I may have a need for a couple copies for friends?

Square Enix store was running the collection for $30 during the holidays

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Kashuno posted:

Square Enix store was running the collection for $30 during the holidays

Yup! This is how I got the game. I had problems with Steam because the actual game is region-locked in the Philippines, but the trial isn't (why'd they do that is a mystery).

So how do you earn lots of gil in the game? Market Board flipping? Crafting? Nothing like WoW tokens? I would very much like to buy a house... (I'm on Tonberry though and I haven't actually checked)

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Schneider Heim posted:

Yup! This is how I got the game. I had problems with Steam because the actual game is region-locked in the Philippines, but the trial isn't (why'd they do that is a mystery).

So how do you earn lots of gil in the game? Market Board flipping? Crafting? Nothing like WoW tokens? I would very much like to buy a house... (I'm on Tonberry though and I haven't actually checked)

Crafting requires base seed money, and you're probably not where you can do maps yet. So yeah, buy things from vendors you think people want but either don't know/are too lazy to buy from a vendor and mark those suckers uuuupppp

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 23, 2018

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Fuuuuck I missed it? I'm crushed

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Crafting requires base seed money, and you're probably not where you can do maps yet. So yeah, buy things from vendors you think people want but either don't know/are too lazy to buy from a vendor and mark those suckers uuuupppp

Okay!

No equivalent of WoW tokens in this game, right?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Going to start leveling summoner. Any advice on the pet hotbar using a controller? I'm not used to ordering my non-choco buddy around even though I have scholer to 60. Also what are the Cross Class skills that I should choose for summoner?

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Yeah, I was stupid and did this.

I then got to sit around and watch Heavensward go on sale for $10 everywhere BUT on Steam for months. Finally, after Stormblood was announced, HW on Steam dropped to $10, and I pounced on it.

Aaand now it's probably going to be another couple of years before I can buy Stormblood by itself for less than $40! Or exactly one week after I buy Stormblood. Whichever comes first.

Don't be like me.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Going to start leveling summoner. Any advice on the pet hotbar using a controller? I'm not used to ordering my non-choco buddy around even though I have scholer to 60. Also what are the Cross Class skills that I should choose for summoner?

Honestly, I get by just fine with just having a button for Sic on one of my bars. It may not be optimal DPS, but it does the job well enough. As for universal skills, Lucid Dreaming (holy poo poo giant MP regen) and that damage debuff one are solid picks.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Since Stormblood came out the potential DPS gain from manually controlling your pet has been miniscule. Summon Ifrit, leave him on Sic, and don't bother worrying beyond that unless you're in a hardcore raid static.

For crossclass skills, Swiftcast (mostly for raises or quick summoning your egi after you're raised) and Lucid Dreaming are a must. Then pick 3 of Surecast/Addle/Diversion/Mana Shift. I run with Surecast for the knockback immunity, Addle for the extra OGCD during the Bahamut phase (this isn't applicable until 70 though), and Mana Shift to top up MP-starved healers, then bitch about bad tanks if I gain aggro.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 23, 2018

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Bolow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP1oWHeSzC0

The built in windows are a complete building dead zone, same with pillars that run the perimeter of your house. So I glitched windows on to partitions with this, it also works for any wall mounted item, like the wall planters I used to cover up the ugly texture fighting that runs between the pair of windows horizontally. The video says disable grid snapping but that's bullshit you can use it, trying to do it by freehand would drive you goddamn mad.

While we're on the housing topic, is there some website with how to's on constructing like various pieces of non-standard furniture? I'm trying to build a relatively compact oven and the only thing I've found uses the old loft/storage glitch that got fixed

I-I did mine by hand :shepface:

And another part of the house that we are proud of

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Locke posted:

I know some folks in my FC still do it occasionally, but the problem is getting 48 people into a thing a roulette doesn't shunt them into. Just about anything that isn't patch-current has this problem just filling 8 or 24, forget a 48-man thing I wouldn't be surprised 2/3ds the player base doesn't even know exists.

I can confirm I didn't know it existed

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Schneider Heim posted:

Crafting is the best method of making money on Tonberry. You can mark up some vendor items especially housing items right now but crafting will always be the bread and butter. The amount of money I make off Steppe Serge is insane.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Crafting in general makes boatloads of money, but it also requires boatloads of money/time to actually get to that point.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Schneider Heim posted:

I made enough money to buy a Medium house, and then enough money to replenish my gil to the level it was at before buying the house, by converting Cracked Clusters to Grade VI Materia and selling them on the MB after 4.2 came out. I got most of my clusters from Hunts but you'll also passively accumulate them if you do roulettes. I also make a few hundred thousand gil a week (on average, it's very variable) from sending retainers on quick ventures and either directly selling things like dyes, minions and furniture or desynthing gear they bring me and selling the results.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So lore question, is it politically a problem if the WoL is a Black Mage? It's a forbidden art, right? I don't remember a lot of the 1-50 quests, but I do remember the 60 (55?) one being about dumbasses trying it.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 23, 2018

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Thanks for the maid body/tank glam mention, it's very cool!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So lore question, is it politically a problem if the WoL is a Black Mage? It's a forbidden art, right? I don't remember a lot of the 1-50 quests, but I do remember the 60 (59) one being about dumbasses trying it.

More than a few classes (Dark Knight, Warrior, Black Mage, Dragoon, Astrologian) are about showing how the power that job wields can be used for evil instead of good, but that the job itself isn't inherently bad. More than that, you're the savior of Eorzea, and one gets the impression people let things slide more easily where you're concerned.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

fair and balanced

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

The fact that I'm out of money (again) and the fact that my character is wearing a 3.5-4 million gil top may be related. I did maps for the first time in ages earlier tonight and won a Bolt of Holy Linen, so instead of sensibly selling it for a million gil, I bought a second one and pestered a goon crafter to make the scarf version of the sweater. Basic grey girl: advanced edition!

You didn't pester, I offered. Goofball.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

fair and balanced

Bow down. There is one God and its name is White Mage.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So lore question, is it politically a problem if the WoL is a Black Mage? It's a forbidden art, right? I don't remember a lot of the 1-50 quests, but I do remember the 60 (55?) one being about dumbasses trying it.

1 - 30 is just about Thaumaturgy, which is fine, aside from one of the potatoes accidentally getting possessed by a succubus. 30 - 50 is about how Black Mages need to save the world (which is all of the quests, really), but has a twist in that the threat you're stopping in this questline was accidentally made by Ququruka and was a mish-mash of his allies that helped him learn Black Magic.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

1 - 30 is just about Thaumaturgy, which is fine, aside from one of the potatoes accidentally getting possessed by a succubus. 30 - 50 is about how Black Mages need to save the world (which is all of the quests, really), but has a twist in that the threat you're stopping in this questline was accidentally made by Ququruka and was a mish-mash of his allies that helped him learn Black Magic.

Fuuuck that's right, my black magic beast buddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I finished decorating the exterior of my house. Kind of wanted to go for a cafe outdoor seating sort of feel, keeping it kind of subdued.