Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

The fact that "pannies" is now entering the meme lexicon and thus Dana Loesch will be properly immortalized as an admitted pannie-shitter is too good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lock n load

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

euphronius posted:

it's literally perfect

lmao skeleton child is like the orb photo, but even more obvious

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My favorite the Smiths tune

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nichael posted:

I never knew much about Quantum Leap so I looked it up...

why the gently caress can't I escape president brain rot

because he's literally P.T. Barnum and uses his name to advertise for the last 30 years and turned into a soulless narcisstic brandsona as a result of his freakish con artist advertising style to embed himself in american pop culture?

just a guess~

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
President Good Brain

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

I'm glad she found a 3/5ths compromise to minimize any brown things in her life, just like her heroes did

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

because he's literally P.T. Barnum and uses his name to advertise for the last 30 years and turned into a soulless narcisstic brandsona as a result of his freakish con artist advertising style to embed himself in american pop culture?

just a guess~

It does make for a useful rule of thumb though: If you Google for something unrelated to Trump and you reach an image or site featuring Trump, you've gotten to the end of the useful search results

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nichael posted:

I never knew much about Quantum Leap so I looked it up...

why the gently caress can't I escape president brain rot

the series finale of quantum leap is great and ive spent decades arguing w people who are plainly wrong about it

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

I am strongly inclined to depression, but at the moment my material comforts are such that any sadness it outweighed by the sheer novelty and joy of being able to pay down debts while also saving money and not living paycheck to paycheck anymore

I refuse to hypernormalize, I shall always have this outlook

I was there a few years ago. You shall not always have this outlook. My advice: do not start collecting any weird poo poo that just winds up being furniture for your pets.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

90s - early-naughts music is the best because I had Feelings As A Youth during those years.

SMFD

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

freckle posted:

you're not supposed to make your own avatar gifs squizzle

i made that a year ago when thunk gifs were the fashion!!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

i'm drinking watermelon cider and it's................... interesting

not sure if I like this better than apple cider

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Oiled and Ready posted:

It does make for a useful rule of thumb though: If you Google for something unrelated to Trump and you reach an image or site featuring Trump, you've gotten to the end of the useful search results

poo poo, I'd you Google search for Trump snd you find Trump you've hit the end of useful search results.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squizzle posted:

i made that a year ago when thunk gifs were the fashion!!!!

took you way too long to come up with lame and unbelievable lie

as punishment for this, triple sulk should have their buttons stripped and given to schnorkles

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Squizzle posted:

schnorkles has fully superceded baloogan as the preferred av fan art subject of cspam

And quickly too. Baloogan, your game is up!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i like this one better

gonna collect the rest of the series and make one too

that tumblr find was good

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Ordered a new computer online and my credit card company got suspicious so now I have to call and re-run the transaction.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zeroisanumber posted:

Ordered a new computer online and my credit card company got suspicious so now I have to call and re-run the transaction.

lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

i like this one better

gonna collect the rest of the series and make one too

that tumblr find was good

I found an even better picture

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

imagine your status in an oligarchy to be exempted from torts

do you think it's easier in italy, to be exempted from many small, tort?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

shiksa posted:

we did sex ed in 5th grade and i got a mini speed stick and i kinda got the message. c'mon, nerds.

they weren’t allowed to give us speedstick (or maybe somebody just hosed up the order form) but they did give us all a regular school assignment folder with a big speedstick logo on it.

I remember the kid in my class who was already shaving his face pantomimed rubbing it on his arm pits and i thought “lol what is he even doing?”

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

MadJackal posted:

90s - early-naughts music is the best because I had Feelings As A Youth during those years.

SMFD

There's a good study that shows the pop music most people, of all ages, think is "best" is either what was popular when you were 13-18 and/or what was popular when your parents were 13-18

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

This is, no joke, another thing you can blame on Bitcoins

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

he did it

trump did it y'all

he attacked a school shooting victim

:cheers:

I raise my Fin Du Monde ale, Trump motherfucker Trump

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Zeroisanumber posted:

You have a good credit card company.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I need a link to the title of this thread

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I think the real question is why would I buy a 16-bit Clinton when I can have a 64-bit Trump that plays all the latest games like Cybermorph and Doom?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pook Good Mook posted:

You have a good credit card company.

It's certainly providing bourgie problems for me to whine about on the internet.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sam spends the entire series w only his buddy al, who shows up as a science ghost to help him, as his lifeline to home, wondering the whole time how the h*ck to get home himself. he bops around time helping people

last episode he ends up in a cosmic bar and god tells him that, yeah, you made time travel to fix things, and sams like uuuh but not yknow one person at a time, and god is like you fuckin rube, everyone you help is part of a tapestry and by helping them they can better help others

quick tangent, al is a real sob but has a heart of gold. hes a womanizer but only because things went to balls w his true love when he was presumed dead in a war. i think?? working from memory

god slow walks sam to the revelation that he couldve gone home any time he wanted, and he controls the "uncontrolled" time travel leaps hes been making. so the v next thing sam does is leap back and tell als love that hes not dead—he fixes als life so that it will take a new path and he wont have al to help him any more. he cuts his tie to his old life, and clearly commits to helping others because love is all that redeems the world

and then a text card tells you that he never made it home

super owns imo

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Quiet Feet posted:

I think the real question is why would I buy a 16-bit Clinton when I can have a 64-bit Trump that plays all the latest games like Cybermorph and Doom?

https://i.imgur.com/jJMIUq0.gifv

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJN4iDxpUVQ

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/erikjburch/status/966457759989317632

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

:prepop:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Squizzle posted:

sam spends the entire series w only his buddy al, who shows up as a science ghost to help him, as his lifeline to home, wondering the whole time how the h*ck to get home himself. he bops around time helping people

last episode he ends up in a cosmic bar and god tells him that, yeah, you made time travel to fix things, and sams like uuuh but not yknow one person at a time, and god is like you fuckin rube, everyone you help is part of a tapestry and by helping them they can better help others

quick tangent, al is a real sob but has a heart of gold. hes a womanizer but only because things went to balls w his true love when he was presumed dead in a war. i think?? working from memory

god slow walks sam to the revelation that he couldve gone home any time he wanted, and he controls the "uncontrolled" time travel leaps hes been making. so the v next thing sam does is leap back and tell als love that hes not dead—he fixes als life so that it will take a new path and he wont have al to help him any more. he cuts his tie to his old life, and clearly commits to helping others because love is all that redeems the world

super owns imo

that reminds me of Jonathan Hockman’s run on Fantastic Four. they spend like 4 and a half years with time travel and alternate dimensions and politics with space aliens.

in the end it was all an elaborate plan for the son and the grandfather to save the father’s life. through that, the son grew strong enough to do all the time travel stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

super owns imo

i remember one time he was don quixote!

• Locked thread