Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

:rip: guy goodbody

posted about a semiautomatic ban in the tfr mass shooting thread

There are devices that make you a more efficient shooter: shoot faster and farther, reload less often and faster, aim better, or they let you better conceal your weapons. Banning their civilian use is stupid, idiotic, useless, because-

Ego: because it's my drat business and you were never supposed to figure it out
Superego: because they never really factored in the death toll of a mass shooting anyway
Id: because that would hurt my score in the mass shooting I have planned in my head

e: Berne's triad - Adult, Parent, Child - may be more accurate than Freud's here

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 15:24 on Feb 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

America is a terrible racist poo poo hole and deserves to be purged by Kim Jong-Un insha'allah.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

still lolling how the Trump tariffs and tweet threats encouraged importing even more steel to lead to accelerated MAGA death.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/964610765431934977

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's almost like the libertarians and alt-righters defending this guy have positively no clue at all how almost any facet of law functions.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

deranged altrighter with unfettered legal access to guns.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

We should make a Hunger Games style sky memorial for all the posters who have posted about how mass shootings are done, in a mass shooting thread

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

sky burial is also an option

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I am still astounded that the nlrb isn’t a toxic shithole beyond hope because it was already pretty hairy under obama

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

theflyingexecutive posted:

I am still astounded that the nlrb isn’t a toxic shithole beyond hope because it was already pretty hairy under obama

http://mattbruenig.com/2018/02/16/trump-nlrb-smashed-google-guy/

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

:yum:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Finally I am free to post again

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

NEED MORE MILK posted:

NEED MORE MILK: "Finally! After 10,000 years, I'm free! TIME TO INVADE EARTH!"

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

NEED MORE MILK posted:

1/5

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
Looks like there'll be a lot more jobs opening in coal country! More than 400 coal miners frequenting three clinics in southwestern Virginia between 2013 and 2017 were found to have complicated black lung disease...

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

at least they're found to have it now that they got rid of that one doctor who was paid to do all the diagnoses that always mysteriously came up as literally anything but black lung

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Duscat posted:

at least they're found to have it now that they got rid of that one doctor who was paid to do all the diagnoses that always mysteriously came up as literally anything but black lung

holy poo poo are you serious? did someone really do that?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thehandtruck posted:

what does your heart tell you

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Krankenstyle posted:

what does your heart tell you

Brain tells me that company doctors were a thing once, that the big coal extractor in a small town may as well be the human player in Sim City and can have anyone go anywhere at any time, and thus before looking at even an ounce of evidence that this is shamefully plausible .

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

thehandtruck posted:

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/07092017/coal-company-fights-black-lung-medical-benefits-appalachian-miner

quote:

Among the first doctors Westmoreland hired to review and diagnose Brock's condition was a prominent, Harvard-trained radiologist at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine black lung unit.

Paul Wheeler and two of his colleagues, all board certified in the specialty of black lung radiology, reviewed Brock's X-rays and determined he was not suffering the effects of the disease.

The diagnosis fit a troubling pattern.

Wheeler had not confirmed a single case of severe black lung in more than 1,500 cases he evaluated between 2000 and 2013, according to an investigation by reporter Chris Hamby of the Center for Public Integrity. Hamby's series, "Breathless and Burdened," won a Pulitzer Prize in 2014.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Yep, the 1,504th person doesn't have black lung either. What are the odds?"

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
gently caress

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
Holy gently caress, that's so evil. I thought you were joking until I read the story. So I guess it's not really black lung is up, it might be the doctors have been faking the data all along so the rise is just due to better diagnosis. I guess I can't make fun of the coal miners in this case.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

octobernight posted:

Holy gently caress, that's so evil. I thought you were joking until I read the story. So I guess it's not really black lung is up, it might be the doctors have been faking the data all along so the rise is just due to better diagnosis. I guess I can't make fun of the coal miners in this case.

why they voted for the politicians that allow this

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

octobernight posted:

A diagnosis of black lung triggers a number of obligations and legal remedies for the benefit of the sufferer.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE ARE SUFFERI G FROM MESOTHILIOMA YOU.MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

"Yep, the 1,504th person doesn't have black lung either. What are the odds?"

lol

quote:

Earlier this year, it looked as though Brock would finally win when the examiner ruled him eligible for benefits. But several months later, she inexplicably reopened the case and reversed herself on a technicality: The latest X-ray documenting the progress of his disease hadn't been stamped with the date it was taken. Once again Brock had lost in a system, created by federal law, designed to be adversarial and seemingly tilted in favor of industry.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
more like lolminers

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

“inexplicably” “seemingly”
It’s great when it’s incredibly obvious that doctors are being paid off or otherwise persuaded to keep BL diagnoses low journalists have to keep using weasel words.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Kitfox88 posted:

IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE ARE SUFFERI G FROM MESOTHILIOMA YOU.MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

gun-humping republicans control every branch of government and most of the states, but somehow there's a threat of losing private gun ownership?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

this belongs in the "trump voters raising money off of fear mongering while realizing there's no serious threat to them" thread

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I argue this belongs here with just a little selective re-reading of the thread title:

"Post Trump voters realizing, under Trump, that they're going to die."

As in, I'm pretty sure the NRA has seen the beginning of it's marginalization in the faces of GenZ activists combined with the popularity of tighter gun control at minimum.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
also haven't we had at least one big gun manufacturer go bankrupt in the age of trump

because there's no longer a scary black man in the white house to get big scared white bucks off of

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fortunately, my future career as a teacher is just as business as usual.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

also haven't we had at least one big gun manufacturer go bankrupt in the age of trump

because there's no longer a scary black man in the white house to get big scared white bucks off of
Remington technically did but that's because they got :mitt: into the ground by Cerberus Capital Management

somehow "Remington" came out as the least sinister name invoved in this post

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Any slandering of the NRA or gun fetishists is also welcome in this thread because they began realizing they're gonna die recently, in addition to 11/9 because their budget depended on Clinton winning

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the louisiana representative that was shot at the congressional baseball game now poops out of a port in his side into a bag and has stronger anti-gun control beliefs than ever before

Not gonna lie. I have to give that lowlife credit for sticking to his principles. Check out how quickly right-wingers call for regulating social media outlets when Twitter bans them for a few hours.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Potato Salad posted:

It's almost like the libertarians and alt-righters defending this guy are all broke brained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

A galling admission, Senatuh