Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Zerilan posted:

I finished decorating the exterior of my house. Kind of wanted to go for a cafe outdoor seating sort of feel, keeping it kind of subdued.

cozy as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Little Ladies' Day is next week. No new clothes this year but ... we're getting glowsticks.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Potassium Problems posted:

cozy as gently caress

Spent a good chunk of the day crafting and gathering for it but totally worth it. Haven't even started on the inside. Thinking of sticking with the dining theme and making the top level some small but classy restaurant style, and then making the bottom look like either a fancier VIP room style thing, a kitchen/wine cellar set up, or some sort of seedier bar style area.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Finally got to him tonight.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
3 white mage exdr is really funny because between 3 divine benisons, 3 tetras, and 3 assizes you don't ever actually get a chance to abuse your 3 benedictions

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's funny how there was like one little ladies day that resembled the Japanese holiday and then they ran out of ideas and went "gently caress it it's idols now"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Blockhouse posted:

it's funny how there was like one little ladies day that resembled the Japanese holiday and then they ran out of ideas and went "gently caress it it's idols now"

I'm glad of it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm glad of it

oh yeah I'm not saying it's a bad move, just obvious how they realized there's only so much they could do with the doll making plot

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming the answer is "no", but i haven't actually tried it yet, so: Can you stack the crafter teas or can you only have one of them active?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The SMN plot feels weirdly lazy but also more coherent than the AST one did. I guess to be fair they probably worked hard on the new fancy-dress-witch class in HW, while SMN has the intrinsic reward of murdering mobiles with dragon lasers.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
All I remember about the ast questline is I kind of wanted something to happen between the elf guard of the obnoxious elf and the main quest girl. Then SB came around and I don't think the guy made an appearance? A huge let down.

The Ladies Day furnishing looks like one of the contest winners, if I'm remembering correctly. I wonder when we're going to get the awesome he Steppe bed. Maybe they'll add a new awesome questline there and have it as a reward!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Zerilan posted:

I finished decorating the exterior of my house. Kind of wanted to go for a cafe outdoor seating sort of feel, keeping it kind of subdued.

I love it!

Pretty jealous of folks that can decorate externally.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

HenryEx posted:

I'm assuming the answer is "no", but i haven't actually tried it yet, so: Can you stack the crafter teas or can you only have one of them active?

They act as potions iirc so it's one at a time.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mymla posted:

Because you'll be able to make like 15 million an hour just pressing macros while watching anime.

please teach me how because i finished pentamelding my 320 crafted gear a week back and this is not the case.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Finally got MCH to 70, how do I shoot guns good.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Fuuuck that's right, my black magic beast buddies

Man this was one of the best parts levelling through HW and SB in a short period - seeing all your beast bros again.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Save all your cooldowns for a tight 10 second window where you mash them all at once and watch your wildfire damage be unimpressive due to getting no crits.

Kill you are turret.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm glad of it

Saaame

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

ApplesandOranges posted:

Opener is 2 ammo preloaded, Hypercharge (Potion) Hotshot, Gauss Round Split Shot, Reload Slug Shot, Flamethrower 5 ticks into Overheat Split Shot, Reassemble Wildfire Clean Shot, Quick Reload Rapidfire Slug Shot, Ricochet Clean Shot, Gauss Round Cooldown, Overload Cooldown, Overheat ends.

During lockout you do a couple regular shots before reapplying hotshot as the last global without gauss barrel, immediately Quick Reload Split(/Proc) Shot, Gauss Barrel Barrel Stabilizer Slug(/Proc) Shot, Gauss Round Reload, then shoot gun as normal.

Use Gauss Round, Quick Reload, Reload on cooldown. Use ammo to get a proc if you can but don't delay your Reload. Once your wildfire is coming off cooldown you can do the usual 1-2-1 setup, should only need a single tick of Flamethrower to overheat which you can do even on the move, cancel with Cooldown and do Wildfire sequence as above from Reassemble onwards.

Every odd cycle you get to Hypercharge again, fire it when Wildfire has less than 20 secs cooldown left and you should be able to get your cycle into the window without losing any hypercharged shots when you Overload.

There's also a different cycle that works off 3 ammo preloaded which comparing perfect to perfect outputs a miniscule amount more damage but you have to stop for 2 tick Flamethrowers when you overheat like some kind of animal. Plays nicer when you have too much skillspeed though.

Disassemble is good, figure out the big bad moves of each boss and cuck them. Remember to use Refresh so your healer likes you and you can tell them to adjust on O7S.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Anyone know some handy macros for a crafter that just got to 1320 craft/1220 control w hq tempura? Been looking but haven't found any for stuff like Ala Mhigan Fiber.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

please teach me how because i finished pentamelding my 320 crafted gear a week back and this is not the case.

Craft things, then put them on the marketboard. People will pay real gil for them.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

ChaseSP posted:

Anyone know some handy macros for a crafter that just got to 1320 craft/1220 control w hq tempura? Been looking but haven't found any for stuff like Ala Mhigan Fiber.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/7uqi5m/quick_crafter_gatherer_endgame_progression_guide/

Scroll down to where the header says "1320 / 1220 / 500 Macro for 2.5** Recipes"

It's a long sequence, so triple check your food, tea, mats, cross class actions. You may also want to add an additional second to the <wait> calls 'cause sometimes your game can lag, and the macro will skip a couple of steps.

and you'll probably wanna run the macro with your stats on the crafting simulator thing just to make sure that it'll work.

krnhotwings fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 23, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xsw7wC88uIlYZ4sCfcxBQT1dZhYkds2loUyM47LjqnU/edit

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Redolent take your goddamn mask off. THIS SHOULD NOT BE WORTH 80+ POINTS

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So lore question, is it politically a problem if the WoL is a Black Mage? It's a forbidden art, right? I don't remember a lot of the 1-50 quests, but I do remember the 60 (55?) one being about dumbasses trying it.

You'd be amazed the kind of things people let you get away with when your hobby is murdering gods.

But seriously, who could tell the WoL no in this matter? Some white mage like types get to complaining? Bitch, I have the elder seedseer on speed dial. Same for all the other nations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I assume with the WoL it's like "Okay, so you're casting Flare 27 times a minute, that's illegal, but on the other hand you're casting Flare 27 times a minute and that means you could obliterate this entire country singlehanded so... godspeed, Warrior of Light!"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Philonius posted:

But seriously, who could tell the WoL no in this matter? Some white mage like types get to complaining?

This is actually the plot of the 50 - 60 BLM quest.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean gridania sends an investigator to make sure you're not using black magic for evil

when they see you're only blowing up bad people they decide you're okay

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Blockhouse posted:

I mean gridania sends an investigator to make sure you're not using black magic for evil

when they see you're only blowing up bad people they decide you're okay

Maybe the white mages should have finished cleaning the ACTUAL SATAN MONSTER out of their basement before freaking out about us throwing fireballs or whatever.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is actually the plot of the 50 - 60 BLM quest.

And jesus he is the most pompous little goodie two shoes until you pull his rear end from the furnace.

Good replies y'all, I really wish you could replay job quests

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

Maybe the white mages should have finished cleaning the ACTUAL SATAN MONSTER out of their basement before freaking out about us throwing fireballs or whatever.

To be fair they're not White Mages, they're conjurers. White Mages are in a similar territory to Black Mages IIRC where they don't want people running around using it willy-nilly because it fucks up the land just as good as black magic.

Of course nobody is going to tell the WoL they can't spam Holy.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This is why Red Mages and Scholars/Summoners/Ast are pretty cool and don't have to worry about killing the land

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

This is why Red Mages and Scholars/Summoners/Ast are pretty cool and don't have to worry about killing the land

Well I mean Summoners require you to rip a piece off a land-killing god before you can even do anything.

AST seems pretty good though so far. I'm waiting for the twist about how you're actually murdering other stars to fuel your magic or something.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair they're not White Mages, they're conjurers. White Mages are in a similar territory to Black Mages IIRC where they don't want people running around using it willy-nilly because it fucks up the land just as good as black magic.

The guy mentions he was sent specifically by the Seedseer Council, of which Kan-E Senna is the Boss and her siblings are members. All three are proper, capital-W White Mages. You'd think at least one of them would have gone, "Uh hold up, maybe let's not accuse the Warrior of Light who has saved the ream like six times at this point, minimum." The questline would have been way better if the dude had come to us for our help and expertise in dealing with black magic, instead of instantly calling us out on being some kind of evil warlock.

Red Mages are cool people though, and their entire questline was good fun.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah. IIRC before the WoL became a White Mage, true White Magic was only taught to Padjali. I haven’t followed the arc that far so I dunno if they ever let anyone else in on the action.

But then most of the jobs are special in the lore because almost nobody else there is capable of becoming them or is trusted to learn this lost forbidden power. Or are MCH where you’re basically inventing the profession as you go.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Wasn’t that guy just sent to find whoever was up to no good with Black Magic? I was pretty sure he wasn’t after us specifically, he just found us while looking into the Black Mage teacher and flipped out at us, but it’s been a while.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ChaseSP posted:

Summoners are still comically outrageously dangerous.

Red Mages, Astrologians, and Scholars are honestly the only vaguely responsible wizards.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rainuwastaken posted:

Red Mages are cool people though

Except Lambert. gently caress Lambert and his solo duty.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The most responsible mage is Dark Knight, which I'm pretty sure just draws magic power from a sheer hatred of church pedophiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Summoners are still comically outrageously dangerous.

Red Mages, Astrologians, and Scholars are honestly the only vaguely responsible wizards.

Summoners are dangerous in that if they go overboard whelp there's a primal. But aren't actively draining the land of aether last I was aware.