Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzB-AiiFJ04&t=1046s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

sold

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GGs buff. drat good DBFZ sets!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

In Training posted:

GGs buff. drat good DBFZ sets!

i dont think i made any progress and your 16/21 are monsters. 16 can grab you from across the screen christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

was watching some vids to learn more details about things and there are all sorts of hidden mechanics and special moves in the game. ultra gohan completely breaks the combo system when he reaches lvl7 which makes him near impossible to predict

e: Level 20 Ultra Gohan

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I’m down to play some time if you guys want to try but it might be laggy if we are across coasts. I had some decent matches against a goon at the far end of Canada. I’m still learning.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd play tonight. Assuming you have the PC version

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, PC. Going to movies tonight though. But any other night this week is good for me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cafdNnkDGlQ

well bardock was unexpected lol. idk if ill get this since ive barely dipped my toes in this game since launch though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fightcade 2 is finally out

https://mobile.twitter.com/FightCade/status/966988934919131136

I'll have to check out the hugely expanded compatibility list and gently caress around with some games this weekend and pick the next IZI game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Puyo Puyo Tsu

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Puyo Puyo Tsu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Winter Brawl starts streaming tonight

first major since the release of dbfz, fair amount of east coast talent at the event. should be cool. also, the english version of UNIST makes its debut

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Are those times est?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
its cool that dbz is the last game and every other tournament should follow suit

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

its cool that dbz is the last game and every other tournament should follow suit

yeah....becasue the matches are way to long and it isn't very interesting to watch :twisted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DBZ has blown most other games out of the water in terms of registration so they're going to be the finale for every event that isn't Evo (has to pay the Capcom tax)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

yeah....becasue the matches are way to long and it isn't very interesting to watch :twisted:

*begins charging incredibly powerful kamehameha wave*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not a fan of 16 and Cell mirrors in 90% of matches?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

do enough people even play mvc:i for it to take up 4 hours?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

trying to jack off posted:

story mode race

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

Yes because every match takes 40 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although I watched a fair amount of DBFZ and it's similarly boring. Tag games just feel like nothing matters until somebody's lost two chars. At least the damage is high so confirms turn into 50% but most of that is blue health so people who swap out their team frequently do last like 3 minutes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I realized from playing a lot of ST and from the movement in Tekken that watching combo-heavy 2D games is trash, especially when they glorify the combos like in GG and DBZ, because the combos get old almost instantly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's something you really have to be able to appreciate the nuances which would be absolutely impossible to anyone who hasn't played 5000 hours of the game, if you ask me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think that's the case in GG at all because the combos are short, and no game since ST has ever had a similar damage to button ratio. I mean ST is perfect but hell, there's cool games too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The exciting part becomes if they'll drop the combo, which doesn't happen at top play, so the combo part becomes rote and short anyway. So it's still all about neutral but there's a very different visual language to understand.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
The combos in dbfz are pretty concise i think, if they go long it feels like its worth it. its not on a marvel level at all

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I actually think DBFZ has been cool to watch, especially now while people don’t have their set play totally developed. The ChrisG/KizzieKay/Tatsunical matches last weekend were cool and the sonicfox/fame games last night. Blue vegeta ftw. I don’t think the combos are that long, either.

The only thing that’s kind of boring to me is prolonged corner pressure or a16 knockdown vortex stuff. Neutral is cool (to watch, at least) because it;s crazy right now.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Like this ending of the team tournament last night was cool: https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/967244615559479296

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Winter brawl dbfz top 32 starts at noon today

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I work in a cool place. There’s a bunch of urban 30 year olds talking loud enough for the entire facility to hear about the power levels of Freiza, Majin Bui, Fat Buu, Goku, etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Majin Buu would whip all their asses.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I heard the dead rear end earnest phrase, The strongest in the universe! Majin Buu.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

thats bad rear end. the most i ever get from coworkers yelling is hearing a 70 year old man say that teen pregnancy didn't exist until they started teaching sex ed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I shoulda mentioned it here but I'm streaming UNIST with imp zone FG gamers. This game kicks rear end!! And the English version is available now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://cammyfan.com/ Cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Noctis comes to Tekken on Tuesday. I can't wait!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also worth pointing out that the Imp Zone FG squad dropped DBFZ faster than SFV. I've never been on such a roller coast of emotions with a game like that before