Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Thanks for all the well wishes (you guys are silly)!

And I have actually left my job at the comic shop so I don't quite have the same level of access to stuff anymore.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? Sir how could you???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
He made a lateral career move and now tests shark cages for a living.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nilbop posted:

He made a lateral career move and now tests shark cages for a living.

It is pretty annoying in retail pretending to be everyone's chum. Now it's for real.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

And I have actually left my job at the comic shop so I don't quite have the same level of access to stuff anymore.

Big changes, congrats rhyno!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Told ya! Rogue LMD. The real Rhyno would never make such a series of good decisions.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lobok posted:

It is pretty annoying in retail pretending to be everyone's chum. Now it's for real.

At least Sharks are have better manners and hygiene. And they don't keep you on the clock for an extra half hour.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

At least Sharks have better manners and hygiene. And they don't keep you on the clock for an extra half hour.

Wait, we are talking about actual sharks, right? The animal? You capitalized it so I have to assume you're talking about San Jose Sharks. The hockey players.

Because hockey players are pretty sweaty and gross and their games go into overtime so I'd have to disagree with you on both counts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ArmyOfMidgets is talking about the street gang from Scarlet Spider. The ones who saw some werewolves running around and decided to kick their rear end for being on their turf.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Archyduke posted:

fully grown, fully gay,

Finally found the subtitle for my New Mutants revival pitch.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Congratulations and we'll wishes Rhyno :)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

The Cebulski excuse sounds like bullshit by the way. You don't need anything to leave China as a foreign national. He could be in detention and they're shaking him down for having the wrong visa but that excuse makes no sense to me.

They're detaining him for being a japanese spy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I legitimately wish I didn't know as much as I do about the inner workings of Marvel. I just wanna enjoy the books, and not worry about what crazy insane business decisions they're doing because seriously, that poo poo is depressing.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Synthbuttrange posted:

:drat:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chip gave me a new phone lock screen.

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/967567959026696194

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Chip is a special guy.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Synthbuttrange posted:

:discourse:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Synthbuttrange posted:

:vince:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hmmmm

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Man, if he lost his head after it became detached his mom's going to give him the biggest "I told you so" ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So his Waifu was the head from Hausu?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

just a Russian serial killer, nothing to see here

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Honestly, who gives a poo poo anymore? DC is killing it with fun issues coming out constantly and Marvel for me only has Punisher. I like their characters, but their terrible business practices and boring stuff for the past few years needs to stop. Zdarsky I heard is doing great now, but I'm not a Spider man fan.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Give it time, sooner or later the roles will switch and DC will be making terrible comics and Marvel will get their poo poo together.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

David D. Davidson posted:

Give it time, sooner or later the roles will switch and DC will be making terrible comics and Marvel will get their poo poo together.

DC only has New Superman and Superman for me, nothing else really was able to keep me interested. Marvel isn't what it was back 3-5 years ago, but it still has a dozen books I read and enjoy a lot.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/968174656871174144

I'm glad to hear that Jason Aaron is going to keep writing Thor, but :lol: at yet another title that only recently moved to legacy numbering getting renumbered again.

Thor carrying around a magical inventory full of different types of maces and hammers sounds cool, though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jason Aaron consistently gets the best artists for his Thor runs. Can’t wait.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's pretty blatant the Legacy numbering was only done to get titles to a benchmark number to charge extra for that issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really want Thor to carry around a bag of holding and he just keeps pulling random weapons out in every issue.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Roth posted:

It's pretty blatant the Legacy numbering was only done to get titles to a benchmark number to charge extra for that issue.

Benchmark numbers get a sales bump (from whom? Idiots that think the issue will be worth something?), #1s get a sales bump. Repeat until the end of time. I don't mind at all when they start a new run/story at #1, but the legacy numbering drives me nuts when a run goes from 14, 15, 16, 596, 597. Well, okay, maybe "mildly irritates me" would be better. Some people totally freak out about renumbering and I like that, reminds me that I'm comparatively normal.

Also I think I'm the only person here who dislikes Del Mundo's art. I don't like what he does with light. Everything in the universe is laminated. Hurts my fuckin' eyes.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

X-O posted:

Jason Aaron consistently gets the best artists for his Thor runs. Can’t wait.

Diet Poison posted:

Also I think I'm the only person here who dislikes Del Mundo's art. I don't like what he does with light. Everything in the universe is laminated. Hurts my fuckin' eyes.

I like Del Mundo - on specific titles. He was awesome on Weirdworld because his style fit the tone of the book. I couldn't stand him on Avengers because that ethereal dreamy quality his work has, really doesn't fit what's, ostensibly, Marvel's flagship superhero group. I'd love to see him on Moon Knight, not so much on Thor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I agree with Del Mundo being good on certain things, and I think the right kind of Thor stories would be great for his work. Check the early cosmic Thor stories and I think Del Mundo would be fantastic for those.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.newsarama.com/38812-cosmic-ghost-rider-taking-a-solo-ride-later-this-year.html

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

That article's not loading for me but good. Robbie Reyes is a rare instance where Marvel's attempt at WCWing their brands onto new characters not just worked but was desperately needed.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Nilbop posted:

That article's not loading for me but good. Robbie Reyes is a rare instance where Marvel's attempt at WCWing their brands onto new characters not just worked but was desperately needed.

It's not Robbie Reyes. It's Frank Castle from the recent issues of Thanos.

quote:

Thursday Marvel Comics revealed to Direct Market retailers that the recently introduced Cosmic Ghost Rider will star in his own limited series this summer written by his creator Donny Cates - no artist has been named.. Here's a first look at a new teaser image introducing the series from Marvel that Newsarama readers get to see first.

An alt-future Frank Castle, his transition into Cosmic Ghost Rider is being revealed in this week's Thanos #16.

Originally introduced in Cates and Geoff Shaw's debut on Thanos back in November's #13, Cosmic Ghost Rider has proven to be one of the most popular new characters (or new variations on an older character, rather) in recent months.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

loving pass.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nilbop posted:

loving pass.

Why? Robbie's original series was nothing special and his follow up was garbage. Agents of Shield did more for the character than Marvel Comics ever could. This new versions at least resonated with fans.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i loved the joke but i am...hesitant about it being able to carry a mini

i mean ill read it cuz its a punisher book but i have no hope of it being good

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Comixology is running a Black Panther Sale. As someone who doesn't know much about Black Panther or Marvel comics in general, anyone know what's both good and good for newbies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

demota posted:

Comixology is running a Black Panther Sale. As someone who doesn't know much about Black Panther or Marvel comics in general, anyone know what's both good and good for newbies?

If nothing else, the Priest era is incredible and my favorite.

• Locked thread