Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
So finally got my dumb Private Eye themed dude a cottage, or rather, an office to work out of for noir shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

unseenlibrarian posted:

So finally got my dumb Private Eye themed dude a cottage, or rather, an office to work out of for noir shenanigans.

...itchin to write some words for this.

Got to 11% enrage on O7s, so hopefully next week's gear and clean up of mechanics will help push us over. I wonder if my healers have glanced at o8s...

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Nodosaur posted:

Doing the Stormblood Dragoon quests, and am I supposed to know who Orn Khai's dad is? I don't recall meeting any male dragons in HW's ongoing quest of plot importance.

He's Aymeric's dragon ride MSQ wise. He's basically the Zenos fighter of the family.

Otherwise, Verdfolnir (Vidofnir's big bro) is part of a Chain FATE in the Churning Mists where you're helping out Hrae's brood and some moogles getting attacked by Nidhogg's general Darkscales.
I know this because there's two cheevos for it, one for beating Darkscales along Verd, and a fight against Verdfolnir which requires you do 4 FATEs.

Your reward for all this is Ishgardian Half Barding.... :flaccid:

Speaking of, I don't recall meeting any girl baby/kid dragons at any point either. All of them are grown up, which leads me to believe they're rare(?) like some Beast tribes.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Rastan Beeza posted:

He's Aymeric's dragon ride MSQ wise. He's basically the Zenos fighter of the family.

Otherwise, Verdfolnir (Vidofnir's big bro) is part of a Chain FATE in the Churning Mists where you're helping out Hrae's brood and some moogles getting attacked by Nidhogg's general Darkscales.
I know this because there's two cheevos for it, one for beating Darkscales along Verd, and a fight against Verdfolnir which requires you do 4 FATEs.

Your reward for all this is Ishgardian Half Barding.... :flaccid:

Speaking of, I don't recall meeting any girl baby/kid dragons at any point either. All of them are grown up, which leads me to believe they're rare(?) like some Beast tribes.

There's one (and a teenager as well) in the Moogle Beast Tribe quests.

Edit: misread, sorry--there are kids but they're male.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Is there any way to advance higher than 2nd Lieutenant in GCs, because I swear it has be related to Squadrons or something.

Thundarr posted:

Virdfolnir mostly shows up in the FATE chain in Churning Mists with the execrable writing.

I don't remember it being that bad, but's also been months since I did it for a lovely Barding and hell if I'm going to try it again without a PF party.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The Warriors of Darkness arc was a lot more sad than I thought it would be, drat.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rastan Beeza posted:

Is there any way to advance higher than 2nd Lieutenant in GCs, because I swear it has be related to Squadrons or something.

I don't remember it being that bad, but's also been months since I did it for a lovely Barding and hell if I'm going to try it again without a PF party.

The enemies in the FATE chain constantly shout out banter, and it's at about the level of a middle school kid running his first D&D game. Also, after having dragons with names like Midgardsormr, Hraesvalgr, Nidhogg, Virdfolnir, Vidofnir, and Tioman, these fates introduce you to... Darkscale. And it all feels like it's being played seriously rather than as a gag (like, say, Sir Spiked Butt).

The whole chain is just such an egregious outlier compared to everything else in Heavensward that it still bugs me.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Rastan Beeza posted:

Yeah, you need to level up your squadron. I think a special advancement mission shows up once your squaddies reach a certain level. If that one is succesfully completed, you get promoted to first lt.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Wait, what's this about guaranteed loot drops in leveling dungeons? This is the first i've heard of it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

HenryEx posted:

Wait, what's this about guaranteed loot drops in leveling dungeons? This is the first i've heard of it.
At the end you seem to get a free bonus piece of seals on the hoof piece of relevant gear that could have dropped in the dungeon, which you can use. I think this is to ease the flow of things in case you get RNG-hosed like my FC's resident NIN main.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Rastan Beeza posted:

You need to clear the second advancement mission, which is a level 40 squadron mission. It's like the one you get at level 20 where you need to hit all 3 of the numbers to complete it.

Here's a calculator if you need to figure out what to train to get over those pain in the rear end missions. http://ffxivsquadron.com/

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The Warriors of Darkness arc was a lot more sad than I thought it would be, drat.

I'd sympathize with them more if they had any personality beyond "BOY I SURE LOVED ALMOST KILLING YOUR SISTER" before the reveal dropped.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

HenryEx posted:

HW and SB leveling dungeons (51-59 and 61-69) give you a guaranteed job piece when you finish, it gets lost among other messages. Most reliably way to see what you got, for me, was to just /isearch the unique term in dungeon gear like Shisui or Nomad.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Are the lvl50 Artisan equipment items the best source of Mastercraft demimateria? I have my LTW desynth up high enough that I get 100% desynthesis chance on the gloves but the Mastercraft demimateria seems to be rare. FCIII isn't a problem because of the Best Man's shoes.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

unseenlibrarian posted:

Now you just need a dame to walk in, with legs that go all the way up to danger.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay, that's the Ixal Beast Tribe storyline. Pretty good conclusion I must say, I have no complain-

You earn the Achievement posted:

That's Ixal Folks

I'm loving angry

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just did an unsynced Wondrous Tails party for Bismarck EX with a full party of Level 70s.

And we wiped. :shepicide:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nodosaur posted:

Okay, that's the Ixal Beast Tribe storyline. Pretty good conclusion I must say, I have no complain-

I'm loving angry

Koji Fox strikes again!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Dr Snofeld posted:

Are the lvl50 Artisan equipment items the best source of Mastercraft demimateria? I have my LTW desynth up high enough that I get 100% desynthesis chance on the gloves but the Mastercraft demimateria seems to be rare. FCIII isn't a problem because of the Best Man's shoes.

I wish i could trade in my mastercraft for fieldcraft 3. I have like 40 of the former vs 2 of the latter. Mastercraft also goes for like 8k on my server, so i can't even really profit from this pile.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Thundarr posted:

Koji Fox strikes again!

Koji Fox Must Be Stopped

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

koji fox is Cool, and also Good

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Nodosaur posted:

I'm loving angry

I started the Snake Lady beast tribe and was greeted with "Call me Snake I" achievement pop up, which had me consider not raiding that night and watching Escape from NY/LA.

Koji Fox must be stopped.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Koji Fox cannot be stopped. He is simply too powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weg88dDK5tA&t=116s

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Koji Fox Must Be Stopped.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I've been saying that for YEARS.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
koji fox is the reason i still play this game

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Quake me up before you O'ghomorro is still the best thing ever

Starting the 3.6 quests now, I'm inching closer and closer to current content lol

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 24, 2018

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ifrit bleeds it can die is pure genius and I won't hear a word against it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I am hella PEEVED posted:

I started the Snake Lady beast tribe and was greeted with "Call me Snake I" achievement pop up, which had me consider not raiding that night and watching Escape from NY/LA.

Koji Fox must be stopped.

Snake has been my fc's tag for so long that I was kinda confused when that cheevo popped up.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Blood Augur Hex Magick

Nine-Ilm Snails

In for Garuda Awakening

Metal Gears Rising

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Every Little Thing She Does is Magitek is my favourite.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Ifrit bleeds we can kill it. :allears:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Ifrit bleeds we can kill it. :allears:

this is seriously like my favorite one of these in the whole game, all these years later.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It's real good. Quake me up and blood augur are next level clever.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Quake me up before you O'ghomorro is still the best thing ever

It really is Late in Heavensward he started to lose his touch a little (Sophia's Choice :magical: and the whole spoiling the climax of 3.55 with a title thing), but by the time Stormblood was being localized he apparently went to go see Hamilton and has been on a roll again.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 25, 2018

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I just did a 50/60 Roulette with this gentleman. Name redacted to protect the guilty.

I tried to get a screenshot of his accessories, but it corrupted. He was wearing this and another "weathered" item as well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

I just did a 50/60 Roulette with this gentleman. Name redacted to protect the guilty.

I tried to get a screenshot of his accessories, but it corrupted. He was wearing this and another "weathered" item as well.

I assume he was leveling in PotD or something but still, ouch.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Well I finished, now I can resume not being consumed by housing madness

EDIT: Pictures Ward 5, Plot 51 Shirogane

I'd upload more pictures but DSL is very loving unkind to my upload

Bolow fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 25, 2018

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Bolow posted:

Well I finished, now I can resume not being consumed by housing madness

EDIT: Pictures Ward 5, Plot 51 Shirogane

I'd upload more pictures but DSL is very loving unkind to my upload

This is gorgeous. Is this just a small?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Yeah, it's a small plot