Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

If you trip and fall while drinking through a metal straw you can kill yourself. This has happened to a nurse iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

TMMadman posted:

I don't know what he's like as a person, but I feel like he usually does a decent job with interviews. But man, there are just some times when I just feel like he is completely off base with his line of questioning.

ive seen multiple interviews where he sits wide eyed and silent as some maga chud/gop politician goes on a multi-minute tirade of straight up lies defending trump/trump's policies

he's a real piece of poo poo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pillsburysoldier posted:

If you trip and fall while drinking through a metal straw you can kill yourself. This has happened to a nurse iirc

Hey, you take your chances in life and you live with the results. Or die in this case.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yeah I have some stainless ones at home and I often contemplate this, I've used similar stainless tubing to poke thru many things made of tougher material than the inside of my throat

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's like when they say we can't have gun control because then there will be a thousand Wacos. They don't even try to argue that gun control is a bad idea anymore, it's just full out "I am ready to join a pedophile doomsday cult at the loving drop of a hat"

sounds like what we need is hat control imo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

ive seen multiple interviews where he sits wide eyed and silent as some maga chud/gop politician goes on a multi-minute tirade of straight up lies defending trump/trump's policies

he's a real piece of poo poo

Yeah, he does that too, that's one of the things that bothers me.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Addamere posted:

what are some good, legal things i can do to gently caress up my local environment with like an invasive species or some other long reaching effect

Trump

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
also jake tapper going out of his way to coddle dana loesch and liddle marco during that town hall was amazingly gross

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

TRUMP

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:cripes: just shut up Jake
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/967817551756562439

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jake Tapper is mostly fine IMO but it sounds like this morning was not real great
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/967813873138126849

it was fine, he called the sheriff out on being a shithead and his own departments' failings, Dana just latches on because every time she's questioned about bans and all she says "ACTUALLY THEY DROPPED THE BALL" and ignores the question

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Most gun nut chuds are also huge cowards so there is no way there will ever be a thousand wacos

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

shovelbum posted:

This doesn't really do much to make the claim that a substantial portion of marine plastic pollution is due to straws tbqh

All straws should be outlawed.

If you don't drink a milkshake by drinking straight from the cup (or ideally the blender) you are a food criminal.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Agrajag posted:

also jake tapper going out of his way to coddle dana loesch and liddle marco during that town hall was amazingly gross

motherfucker straight tells parents of the children who were shot up to be nicer to those two and im like wtf?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

someone convince a foreign nation to annex one of our states and get this balkanization started.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

i don't think i could handle using a metal straw without thinking i was gonna tracheotomy myself

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

i hate jake tapper so much

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

no no u see America is already great because America is good

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dolash posted:

If you don't drink a milkshake by drinking straight from the cup (or ideally the blender) you are a food criminal.

In fact, the straw is what made the duck racist to begin with

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a kilowaco

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I also like this belief that the head Sheriff knows everything about everything going on in his department.

As if the Sheriff himself is going to get a report on each single time the police were called on the kid.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Squizzle posted:

a kilowaco

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

motherfucker straight tells parents of the children who were shot up to be nicer to those two and im like wtf?

Did he actually say 'be nice'?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Unperson_47 posted:

i don't think i could handle using a metal straw without thinking i was gonna tracheotomy myself

Starbucks used to sell cups with stainless straws so my wife brought home a couple from work for me. then they recalled all of them and she told me to get rid of them but you know I just took em to work with me.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dolash posted:

annie are you ok
youve been struck by

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

HEY NONG MAN posted:

In fact, the straw is what made the duck racist to begin with

so you would say it was the last straw?

:downsrim:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

hello I’m a journalist tut-tutting the parents of some dead kids

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Unperson_47 posted:

I got a travel mug with a metal straw because I drive around all day and it's super nice to use while in the car and at home. However, I'm not sure I'd like walking and drinking at the same time with it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

it's like that story of a kid putting pencils up his nose then someone slammed his hed on the desk, skewering his brain. probably neve rhappened but i'll be damned if i'm gonna be the first

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mo_Steel posted:

so you would say it was the last straw?

:downsrim:

BOO THIS MAN!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
just ban all the guns

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/967761674630463489

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

They obviously just need to go buy guns for protection

:drat:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

cylinders are one of the strongest three dimensional shapes

replace all guns with straws imo

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GobiasIndustries posted:

Did he actually say 'be nice'?

there was a point where the people in the audience were justifiably yelling at those two and asking confrontational questions. jake then tells the audience to stop it while comforting dana/marco by saying you dont have to answer them over and over.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

But Joe, the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Constitution!

You're better off going after the Air Force!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/967794160517357568

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Yes yes devour yourselves

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Full cannibalism now

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Agrajag posted:

there was a point where the people in the audience were justifiably yelling at those two and asking confrontational questions. jake then tells the audience to stop it while comforting dana/marco by saying you dont have to answer them over and over.

:decorum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

I am very glad that I did not watch very much of that town hall because that would have greatly angered me.

• Locked thread