Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnAsHdYEOBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUNS2RX5olk

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I’m glad the rebroadcast they were doing this season turned out to be something substantial.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
tfw everyone's celebrating something that means nothing to you

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

a kitten posted:

gently caress
yes

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Welcome, friend.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

It's an anime-finisher thing

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I clicked the buttons to say something stupid about Yowamushi Pedal having ninety episodes that covers like one and a quarter races and all of it being worth it for the eighty or so seconds you get of Onoda's Mom, but HOLY gently caress MORE CARD POETRY BATTLES

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Motto posted:

It's an anime-finisher thing

I'd finish more animes if more of them were any good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

chihayafuru is actually good unlike the crap you watch so it should be easy to finish

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I’m thinking about dis watching devils and realist

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
First ep was whatever besides Gilles but second ep has some new very gender ambiguous demon bossing around the protag's cute friend but everything around that is still super whatever

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey what's going on the ol' joi--

*sees Chihayafuru S3 announcement*

:woop:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
This week's Hakumei & Mikochi was just delightful, and last week's was pretty great too
https://files.catbox.moe/s0ktjp.webm
Ganbatte little bug, I hope you get your metropolitan romance

A catchy ed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL3W_V4BfpQ

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

The Death Of Dis, a Play in 3 parts.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I remember the Chihayafuru CSS meme and I'm still waitin'

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Part 3 Excerpt

[Enter Sharkopath]

Sharkopath: It's time to bury Dis, in the garbage, which is where Dis belongs.

[Exuent Sharkopath]

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Awesome

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
So I'm 2 episodes into Yuru Camp and it is amazing.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Ohhhh hell yes.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I should finish the first season. :thunk:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm thinking about that season 3

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Anime Awards winners are up: http://www.theanimeawards.com

I'm a bit disappointed by Land of the Lustrous's performance; I thought it had a good shot at Best Animation, at least. At least it won Best CGI, a category that seems basically created for it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

I'm a bit disappointed by Land of the Lustrous's performance; I thought it had a good shot at Best Animation, at least. At least it won Best CGI, a category that seems basically created for it.

the normie sweep

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Silver2195 posted:

A little too much Hero Macadamia Nuts in there, but I can't be mad at those picks.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Rakugo ignored, somehow not surprised. :smith:

Cake Attack posted:

the normie sweep

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
After rewatching Kakegurui, I've realized one thing: I'd have no problem with most of the Jazz community retiring.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im glad March Lion won something, but iirc I hadn't heard anything about anything it was running against.

e: oh it beat dragonball super, that's kinda cool actually considering that every Saturday their site gets utterly slammed and their mentions are full of angry dragonball nerds, unless not even dragonball nerds like dragonball

Also this is the second time that a polite, but utter monster of a human with a hand fixation voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa has lost to an extremely lame antagonist. That motherfucker is named Bondrewd, Sovreign of the Dawn and you voted for the guy who looks like Spawn and throws away all his moral complexity when he murders fifteen year olds who look at him funny

Cake Attack posted:

the normie sweep

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 25, 2018

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

A little too much Hero Macadamia Nuts in there, but I can't be mad at those picks.

Nah, a little too much MHA, but it was an excellent show so I'm not going to complain

Well, maybe about the OP/ED choices

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Suspicious that the fwiggen movie didn't win best animation :thunk:

Most of the winners were decent pics at least, even if i didn't agree with the choices though (rakugo got robbed, though)

Expect My Mom posted:

Also this is the second time that a polite, but utter monster of a human with a hand fixation voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa has lost to an extremely lame antagonist. That motherfucker is named Bondrewd, Sovreign of the Dawn and you voted for the guy who looks like Spawn and throws away all his moral complexity when he murders fifteen year olds who look at him funny

Now see, I would have picked Bonedrewd had he been an actual villain in the show itself. His only role in the story that was adapted was contributing to Nanashi/Mitty's backstory, and while it's obvious that he's gonna be a villain for the heroes to deal with at some point in the future, the show never got to that point.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
EMM... I voted for stain. I'm sorry, I grew up reading liefield X-Men, I couldn't help myself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's a Ninja Turtle not Spawn anyway

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sakurazuka posted:

Hrs a Ninja Turtle not Spawn anyway

He's all of them. He's every single NOT YOUR DAD'S SUPERHERO in one character

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

im glad March Lion won something, but iirc I hadn't heard anything about anything it was running against.

e: oh it beat dragonball super, that's kinda cool actually considering that every Saturday their site gets utterly slammed and their mentions are full of angry dragonball nerds, unless not even dragonball nerds like dragonball

Also this is the second time that a polite, but utter monster of a human with a hand fixation voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa has lost to an extremely lame antagonist. That motherfucker is named Bondrewd, Sovereign of the Dawn and you voted for the guy who looks like Spawn and throws away all his moral complexity when he murders fifteen year-olds who look at him funny
I've actually been digging Dragon Ball Super, but yeah, March Lion loving deserved that award.

Also, every time Boss voices a villain like Kira or Bondrewd, I wonder how much he prepared for the role and if he had a goofy sports digression while doing so (while unfailingly nice, Boss is a giant sports dork).

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Julias posted:

Now see, I would have picked Bonedrewd had he been an actual villain in the show itself. His only role in the story that was adapted was contributing to Nanashi/Mitty's backstory, and while it's obvious that he's gonna be a villain for the heroes to deal with at some point in the future, the show never got to that point.
That's totally fair, I think he's maybe in two episodes, purely in flashbacks, but all of the emotion behind Nanachi and Mitty's story is traced back to him. He's the first real human horror of the Abyss and I think he's a fascinating dude, him and his dumb glow suit.

Also I love Morikawa's voice, the dude is great at playing villains

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe they shouldnt put the same show in every single category, but on the other hand thats already more brain power than im willing to dedicate to the anime awards presented by crunchyroll

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm actually a little surprised that they put in contestants from streaming sites other than CR.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I'm actually a little surprised that they put in contestants from streaming sites other than CR.

anime strike is already dead and they're in bed with funimation

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Endorph posted:

anime strike is already dead and they're in bed with funimation

I thought the funi thing fell apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

...Why would you think that? There's been nothing to suggest anything like that.

• Locked thread