Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hahaha never mind that was a good kill for malaise savior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
You you you you you you...

Jesus CHRIST just die already Coral.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That was a hell of a lot of monologue

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Johnny Truant posted:

That was a hell of a lot of monologue

The written script has to look like a bunch of made up words just shuffled around. Holy poo poo this show is so bad now.

Cannot wait till next week!
:suicide:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

JossiRossi posted:

"Hey, Carol, should we mention that Henry is walking up to that savior or just let this pla- oh he killed him ok."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/TheGoodTheBadAndTheUgly

quote:

Rule of Perception: The rule for this movie seems to be anything that isn't shown on camera is invisible, not just to the audience, but also to the characters. This explains how Tuco and Blondie manage to stumble right into a massive Union Army camp without seeing it from a distance.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My dad watched this and I was curious to see the long drawn out firing of an 18 year old, but man... that “tew!” silencer shot at the end is loving embarrassing.

Why couldn’t they just not have that and let it be. It was almost a good moment.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

There is no longer a damned thing in this show that makes the most remote sense.
It's like Legion, if Legion had zombies walkers and sucked.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Hasselblad posted:

Holy poo poo this show is so bad now.

Cannot wait till next week!
:suicide:

This pretty much sums up my feelings. I'm in it to the bitter end. I mean this was always a silly B grade show with a better than average budget, but Jesus Christthey manage to waste it doing nearly too dark to see alternate versions of every story which isa neat idea but like someone else said its starting to repetitve and boring. Let's get on with the story already.

Caros
May 14, 2008

You know, this is sort of sad. At least when Dexter went to absolute poo poo it was funny. This is just tedious. I literally just started skipping through random parts because it was just tedious to watch them rehash the same "We aren't like this!" plot point that they've been doing for the last five seasons.

Seriously. You are like this.

I honestly would have been more interested if it turned out that carl got bitten by some dirty gently caress and just had a really nasty fever. Or turned out to be zombie immune. Anything other than the obvious, dreary half episode send off to a character that hasn't had anything meaningful to do for three seasons.

Caros fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 26, 2018

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So what does the scoreboard look like right now?

Saviors have around 10 kills and 300 deaths.

But they are supposed to still be a threat?

From what I recall, Alexandria has those magical streets and citizens who phase in and out of existence at will, so I guess it's only fair that the Saviors can keep spawning an endless supply of grunts to bolster their ranks.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Gortarius posted:

From what I recall, Alexandria has those magical streets and citizens who phase in and out of existence at will, so I guess it's only fair that the Saviors can keep spawning an endless supply of grunts to bolster their ranks.

Please they already created landfills to fill with garbage people.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Please they already created landfills to fill with garbage people.

Fuuuuuuck. I forgot about them.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Today I saw Annihilation. A visually stunning scifi film about self-destructive behavior

Now I am about to watch AMC's The Walking Dead. Are the two related? Keep watching to find out

Same. Going from Annihilation to TWD is like eating a fine dessert and then walking outside to smell a malfunctioning sewer.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Even the new guy got a like ~4 minute monologue

It's no wonder they needed the extended episode, EVERY character in this monologued at least once

Coral was like 5-6
Rick was 2-3
Saddiq 1
Michonne 1
Carol 2-3
Morgan 1
Ezekiel 2
Tired Savior 2
Little stupid Kingdom kid 1

Seriously how do these actors and writers not know this show is just trash now

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Carl is 100% dead then? I don't wanna watch the show, just wanna read the thread and nobody made a gif of him dying or anything :bahgawd:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dongattack posted:

Carl is 100% dead then? I don't wanna watch the show, just wanna read the thread and nobody made a gif of him dying or anything :bahgawd:

He dead.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's gonna turn out right before he fired that a zombie came in and Carl disposed of it

Now Carl gonna bite everyone's dicks while they're sleeping

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I haven't watched the episode. I hear its pretty boring. This was pretty predictable. I remember at the midseason finale I was thinking either this is a hilarious fake out or the next episode is going to be a near plotless death episode.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Johnny Truant posted:

Even the new guy got a like ~4 minute monologue

It's no wonder they needed the extended episode, EVERY character in this monologued at least once

Coral was like 5-6
Rick was 2-3
Saddiq 1
Michonne 1
Carol 2-3
Morgan 1
Ezekiel 2
Tired Savior 2
Little stupid Kingdom kid 1

Seriously how do these actors and writers not know this show is just trash now

I wonder if the actors know how bad it has gotten. They are largely separated from one another, filming their respective scenes. Are they like, 'what is this poo poo' when it finally airs?

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I haven't watched the episode. I hear its pretty boring. This was pretty predictable. I remember at the midseason finale I was thinking either this is a hilarious fake out or the next episode is going to be a near plotless death episode.

'twas the latter for sure. An hour and a half death scene.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Gortarius posted:

Ah that reminds me of Eugene's plan reveal:
1. Stand as group at shot out windows
2. With full auto eternal ammo rifles, shoot zombies
3. Shoot a path through the zombies
4. Shoot more zombies with eternal ammo.

Mogan's plan to thwart Eugene's plan:
1. Hang halfway out window in full view
2. Watch with distress through the high powered scope of rifle that must never be shot
3. Radio for everyone else (who were where and doing what exactly?) to run away
4. Bang stick on fence to attract not zombies into Wile E Coyote timed zombush.
5. Teleport to kingdom

Coooral's Plan
1. Stand in sun and smile
2. White valentine cards and smile
3. Make handprints with Judith and smile
4. Monologue for 40 minutes of the show
(was there any actual communication between actors in the ep beyond listening to each others monologues?)
5. Give Judith lucky cursed hat which made him get shot in chest, shot in head, make decisions leading to others deaths needlessly, made him kill his mom, made him kill an innocent kid, rendered him incapable of shooting bad guys.
6. Shoot self offscreen, likely while smiling

Rick's plan
1. You u u u u u u u monologue
2. Sit under tree with a bloody hand

I had hoped the fever dream thing would die with cooooral, but hopes dashed. Is it Judith dreaming up the big beard dreams?

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 26, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I like happy negan at least but thats 8 seasons from now at this pace

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

This ep actually got good reviews.
I think viewers are broken at this point.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Kelly posted:

I wonder if the actors know how bad it has gotten. They are largely separated from one another, filming their respective scenes. Are they like, 'what is this poo poo' when it finally airs?

i mean while filming those monologues continuously somebody had to have been like "hmmm... maybe... this is a poo poo show"

but then we keep getting this type of poo poo, so :thunk:

Hasselblad posted:

2. Watch with distress through the high powered scope of rifle that must never be shot
5. Teleport to kingdom

that impressed me for its sheer stupidity, and that's saying something while i'm watching AMC's Best Show, The Walking Dead

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Critics seemed to like it but just browse the reddit thread on the episode. Seems to be more negative than positive.

I wonder if there will be a huge dropoff from last episode to this. I remember a ton of people saying they were done with the show if carl dies.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

I want to live in that universe where every weapon is full auto with suppressor and endless ammo. Except when they need them to not have endless ammo because ~reasons~

2 people stand in the open on a stage and gun down 10 or so bad guys and take time out to pull the guts from one while one guy limps a bit. Suddenly they lose all ability to fire a weapon and guy limps out of room.

Make it real, Rick. Make it real.
You u u u u u u did it all for coral.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 26, 2018

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
just going to read summaries and reactions, i’m just not up for an hour and a half of sweaty tears anymore. this arc needs to end.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The episode felt really long

but as a mindless idiot, I must consume whether it is good or bad

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I wanted to see how bad it was, and I’m not sure how bad because I fast-forwarded it a lot, and feel like I missed nothing. If Rick was still talking or it was still a sweaty close-up, I just kept going.

The parts with Sad, Resigned Savior and Zeke chewed up so much episode time. If you go back a few seasons he was the most level-headed and Business-like and was actually pretty cordial with Zeke, and got pissed off at the guy that shot and killed the little boy’s brother. So it seems completely pointless to have all of that, building like he was going to call it a day and throw in the towel, just cut his losses and leave. LOL nope, throat stab.

With Carl’s happy day montage, they missed an opportunity for a little levity:
*Carl reaches onto the sewer floor, picking up a brown object and taking a bite. Siddiq stares in shock, but then Carl smiles, revealing a candy bar. They both laugh uproariously.*

And I love Rick realized he hosed up and indirectly caused his son’s death by chasing off Siddiq in the first place.
‘Wait, that’s the guy from the gas station, right? The guy asking for help and I shot at him? Oh you got bit going back to help him? And he’s a goddamn medical doctor?!’
*Rick stands on a platform, remaining soldiers waiting for another long, drawn out speech*
‘Hey Hilltop, today I hosed up...’

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

That blonde kid that stabbed the only good savior is so obviously Corals replacement.

I can't wait to see him go through exactly the same character arc over the next few seasons.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Fast forward to the Carol and Morgan murder spree if you are looking for action.

Caros
May 14, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

That blonde kid that stabbed the only good savior is so obviously Corals replacement.

I can't wait to see him go through exactly the same character arc over the next few seasons.

Character arc?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hasselblad posted:

I want to live in that universe where every weapon is full auto with suppressor and endless ammo. Except when they need them to not have endless ammo because ~reasons~

2 people stand in the open on a stage and gun down 10 or so bad guys and take time out to pull the guts from one while one guy limps a bit. Suddenly they lose all ability to fire a weapon and guy limps out of room.

Make it real, Rick. Make it real.
You u u u u u u did it all for coral.

Gavin escaping was the stupidest loving moment of the entire episode. Like... nobody even tries to go get him.

That felt like a loving Reno 911 episode where the perp just takes off running and the cops just can't ever get him.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
god dammit say bye to morgan i guess (to show up on the potentially worse show this next season)

quote:

Earlier this week, we had a chance to speak exclusively with Nicotero, who said that having Henry be the one to kill Gavin was pivotal in the growth and story of Morgan, and could ultimately change who he is going forward.

"You have Carl talking about the future and talking about what there is that we can live for. And then we're seeing that Morgan is literally pursuing Gavin like Michael Meyers from Halloween, that contrast can't be lost on you, because it's critical to see what's happening," Nicotero explained. "And to have a young man murder Gavin at the same point as you have another young man who's advocating to potentially move towards peace. It really stops Morgan in his tracks. You know, Lennie James does such an amazing job in this episode. And it's not lost on anybody. Carl sees it, Ezekiel sees it. They all realize that he's going to a bad place, and he doesn't even think that he can come back for it, or come back from it. So it's really critical.

"And then with Gavin, he's just a guy who found his place in the post-apocalyptic world. He's not a bad guy. It's just, he has a job to do, and he does it, and he does it pretty well. The frustration that he feels throughout the whole episode with Ezekiel is, he's like, 'You had it pretty good. Why did you have to go and screw it up? Now I'm going to have to kill you, and I don't want to have to do that.' I mean, there's so much frustration from Gavin."

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Hasselblad posted:

5. Teleport to kingdom

I thought it was very clever directing to have him obviously having awful flashbacks to his time on FTWD throughout.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'd be totally fine if they do the time skip and just focus on the bad guy being a crooked politician instead of a bad guy with a back as crooked as a politician

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'd be happy to see Morgan go. He started out as one of the only relateable relatively normal human in the beginning of the show and got transformed first into an over the top insane guy and now he's a magic monk guy or whatever who can kill anything, zombies or humans, with a simple tap of the stick to their head. Like seriously, in a lot of the kills he does you can tell he's not even putting any force into it. You can't even fall back on the "well the zombie bones are weak now" because he does it to alive humans too.

Anyway that episode was so boring and stretching it out like that took out any of the little emotional attachment to coral I had left. Like 20 minutes in I just wanted them to get it over with but they kept going for another hour.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Not a good start.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I'm really not sure why they thought this would be a good premiere

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I watch this show because I'm more of a fan of Rick, Morgan, Michonne, Carol and their actors than I am of The Walking Dead.

I never loved Carl, but I am just baffled and angry that they killed him off. For every good moment the show has (Negan appearing in that dream garden) there are ten insane and arbitrary decisions surrounding it.

ex post facho posted:

lol bright eyes at the bottom of everything to open the show is such a weird loving choice jesus christ

This really took me by surprise. I enjoyed it and began singing along, it fit with Carl's last day. I've been thinking on it and I'm wondering if we'll hear more Bright Eyes this season.

The song we heard was the first on the album "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" and I'm wondering if in the Season 8 Finale, we'll hear the last song from that album, "Road to Joy"

Some fitting lyrics for a war and its end:

quote:

The sun came up with no conclusion
Flowers sleeping in their beds
This city's cemetery's humming
I’m wide-awake, it’s morning

I read the body count out of the paper
And now it’s written all over my face
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that’s just the most comfortable place

So I’m drinking, breathing, writing, singing
Everyday I'm on the clock
My mind races with all my longings
But can't keep up with what I got

I hope I don’t sound too ungrateful
What history gave modern man
A telephone to talk to strangers
Machine guns and a camera lens

So when you’re asked to fight a war that’s over nothing
It’s best to join the side that’s gonna win
And no one’s sure how all of this got started
But we’re gonna make them goddam certain how its gonna end
Oh ya we will, oh ya we will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah I'm really not sure why they thought this would be a good premiere

Well it's a terrible show all around so, I mean, it's not like they had any other option but to air unfettered poo poo.