Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

my favorite iteration of the sega genesis

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

It looks like a failed Sega add on console (but I repeat myself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Celexi posted:

So after android split the payment part of Google wallet into its separate app android pay, they have now decided to put it back together again and rename it "google pay".
But you apparently still need both apps installed for it to launch, if you launch the standalone ones it tells you to open google pay instead.

lmao, classic google move

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

infernal machines posted:

reminder: that exists so that you can use your phone's screen as a touchpad to mouse around your android desktop

i remember there was an old app for the nokia 6600 that allowed you to use it as a mouse

i guess nothing changes

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

congrats on your post

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i remember there was an old app for the nokia 6600 that allowed you to use it as a mouse

i guess nothing changes

there was/is mobilemouse for the iphone too, think i had it on my 3g or 4

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

congrats on your post

I was trying to show that great minds think alike

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
canadian laff factory reporting in

the sperge posted:

BlackBerry declares ‘mission accomplished’ with KeyOne despite anemic sales

A mere 850,000 BlackBerrys shipped in all of 2017

TCL, the budget phone maker that bought the rights to sell devices under the BlackBerry brand back in 2016, has come to Mobile World Congress 2018 with a positive message about the market response to its last flagship, the BlackBerry KeyOne
lol i forgot bbry whored out its brandname to some low end overseas junk manufacturer

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

canadian laff factory reporting in

lol i forgot bbry whored out its brandname to some low end overseas junk manufacturer

850,000 shipped to warehouses where they'll collect dust until they're put on eBay.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

still outselling essential by an order of magnitude

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i've actually seen one in the wild. they are amazingly lovely, even by the standards of things branded "blackberry"

like, we're talking $150 android in a blister pack from 7-eleven lovely

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they also helpfully included the loving awful bbos10 gestures in their android skin, but this being android, they work 90% less consistently, making them slightly less reliable than screaming obscenities and hoping the vibration triggers the function you wanted

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's always about anime

thechosenone posted:

so like is the s9+ probably going to be the best for viewing comics and videos on a phone this year? 6.2 seems about as big as it gets before you just have a tablet.

On the other hand, since I would be coming from an original moto g, is it possible the g6+ will be sufficient for my purposes?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Endless Mike posted:

it's always about anime

Wouldn’t you want the smallest phone? So that people can’t what you’re watching?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Boiled Water posted:

Wouldn’t you want the smallest phone? So that people can’t what you’re watching?

once you’re watching anime on your phone you’re past shame

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

it's always about anime

there needs to be a "copy to yospos" posting option for iyg

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

there needs to be a "copy to yospos" posting option for iyg

id use the hell out of this

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
didn’t there used to be a goon there who had an obsession with min/maxing his android tablet flips? i seem to recall a spreadsheet being involved...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

President Beep posted:

didn’t there used to be a goon there who had an obsession with min/maxing his android tablet flips? i seem to recall a spreadsheet being involved...

he moved from that to mining ad reward bucks on telephones

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the guy with the fat jony ives avatar?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah same guy!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

the guy with the fat jony ives avatar?

can’t remember. this was four or five years ago. they def thought they had a good scheme going though.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what a hosed up way to spend your time.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he still posts here

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

he still posts here

President Beep posted:

what a hosed up way to spend your time.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i think that was jerkface or sizzle chest

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ugh. i hosed my posts up.

:mad:

President Beep fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 27, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

i think that was jerkface or sizzle chest

yes! jerkface!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah he changed his name to fat jony ives. same guy

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i can't judge, i used to find n3ds systems on old firmwares and flip them bitches for $100 profit each by the dozens so i am no better than he

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

i can't judge, i used to find n3ds systems on old firmwares and flip them bitches for $100 profit each by the dozens so i am no better than he

tbf you’re actually making money off of that, he wasn’t

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ah, but you forget, he was making more money than he would have, making the same purchases but not attempting to monetize the discarded crap he bought. literally pennies per day he might have left on the table.

mind the cents and the pounds will be spent on useless gimmick trash month after momth

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

they would buy a phone, find another one on sale, return the original phone and buy the one on sale, repeat.

but not only sales, gift cards too. if they got a $5 gift card they’d return a phone and rebut it with the card. it seemed like they could keep that going forever until the phone was only available in the clearance section.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Themage posted:

tbf you’re actually making money off of that, he wasn’t

oh, lmao

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

day of apple announcement: "boo boo the notch sucks, lol nice notch you got there crapple"

1 day after apple announcement: "folks we are now well underway in what people are calling the Notch Wars"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well by that metric the essential phone already won

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

PleasureKevin posted:

day of apple announcement: "boo boo the notch sucks, lol nice notch you got there crapple"

1 day after apple announcement: "folks we are now well underway in what people are calling the Notch Wars"

da FRUIT STAND :thumbsup:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PleasureKevin posted:

the source of this is the onion right

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

someone pls make a small notch smiley, a la small bart.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mods ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

graph posted:

mods ???