Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
metal gear survive charges $10 for save slots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

boop the snoot posted:

:discourse:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well that's straight up garbage. Is it all online or is there any SP component?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lmao

I mean extra class slots in an FPS as a microtransaction? Meh

But lmao

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Well that's straight up garbage. Is it all online or is there any SP component?

I thought it was just some horde defense game, but there's apparently some single player to it that looks like MGSV gameplay with crafting and survival bullshit tacked on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMPomCWUraQ

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

is it running on the fox engine?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hard pass

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It’s just the natural evolution for video games and microtransactions.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is it running on the fox engine?

Yeah, with a lovely melee system thrown in.

Also, zombies can't attack you if you're above head height

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah, with a lovely melee system thrown in.

well at least maybe the mod community can use it for something

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

boop the snoot posted:

this has to be a joke,

right?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

this has to be a joke,

right?

You have to buy additional save slots for SV coins. SV coins are $0.99 for a pack of 100. A new save slot is 1000 SV coins. You can either have ten transactions to get the 1000 SV coins or buy their next SV coin bundle of 1150 coins for $9.99. SV coins also buy buffs that last for various amounts of time. They’re also one time use.

This is the type of poo poo you get when you shrug off microtransactions as "oh they don't really have an impact on the game so what's the big deal?"

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 25, 2018

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How's the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC? I'm back in the game to finish up side quests and get the dope armor set.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

If you like the game in any capacity it’s a must really

It adds some nice perks for scrapping/salvaging I think so no reason not to get it sooner than later. As far as DLC goes it’s right there with being reasonable

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
My Summer Car doesn’t have any micro transactions so play that instead.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

This is the type of poo poo you get when you shrug off microtransactions as "oh they don't really have an impact on the game so what's the big deal?"

No, this is why you have outrage against anything that DOES have an impact on the game. Microtransactions aren't going away, period, so it's best to set ground rules.

Star Wars has shown that outrage does get stuff changed.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hold the loving phone, that new "patch" for Stellaris that everyone said to wait for is actually yet another set of DLC that goes for yet another 19.99?

:lol:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
No, the new patch is the 2.0 patch that launched with the DLC. If you want a deathstar, you get the DLC.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Kingdom come deliverance trip report

I am drinking with the prince in a bathhouse, he has farted in the tub, asked me to steal wine from the sheriff, and tried to teach the wench how to use a sword.

They sent me out to get flowers for the wench while drunk

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 26, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm 24 hours into Subnautica, and goddamn, this game never stops giving.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm 24 hours into Subnautica, and goddamn, this game never stops giving.

I'm pretty lukewarm. I feel like I'm spending all my time looking for broken equipment to scan for blueprints. It's not super fun.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

I'm pretty lukewarm. I feel like I'm spending all my time looking for broken equipment to scan for blueprints. It's not super fun.

Keep in mind our German friend probably enjoys all those weird "delivery truck driver simulator" type games so

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Also, I would hope there’s still stuff to do. 24 hours is not a lot of game time.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Seems everybody’s subnanautica experiences vary wildly based on the choices you make. There are two or three equipment blueprints in each biome, and some of them (like the propulsion cannon) have many dozen spawn locations. I managed to stumble onto a complete set of scanner room and moon pool pretty early. So now I have multiple scanner outposts and can scan and tag pretty much anything I need.

Also helped that as soon as I got a good sized main base I built three dozen wall lockers and filled them with coral, fiber, lubricant, acid shrooms, rubber etc. I was getting annoyed having to trek around to find some whenever I needed new batteries or a computer chip.

Each of the outposts have a scanner room, a fabricator, a battery charger, and a health kit maker, plus some wall lockers. I’ve got three larger bases that also have a moon pool that I built near some of the bigger/deeper map features. I was able to jump to the mk2 modules for most things in nearly one go do to a bit of luck finding materials. I felt a little invincible until I started making dumb mistakes because I wasn’t being careful.

Liberal use of oxygen pumps and beacons helped a lot.

Also if you press F1 you can get your coordinates. I started keeping a list.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Keep in mind our German friend probably enjoys all those weird "delivery truck driver simulator" type games so

I play and enjoy both Factorio and Farm Simulator.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDLIkfSLTmU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I play and enjoy both Factorio and Farm Simulator.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

factorio is a game that is 100% not for me but im glad it exists for people to make sick vids

jfc the rail layout is incredible

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is one of the best video games ever made. :colbert:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Naked Bear posted:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is one of the best video games ever made. :colbert:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Man, between DBFZ, the new CivVI expansion, the Stellaris expansion, and tomorrow's release of Into the Breach (by the folks who made FTL), this is an oddly good time for games

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Also vermintide 2 comes out soon.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Into the breach is out tomorrow? gently caress yeah

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

You dudes are weird

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

You dudes are weird

pot, kettle...

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

pot, kettle...

:nyd:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

You dudes are weird

1,405 hrs on record
Currently In-Game
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

ded posted:

1,405 hrs on record
Currently In-Game
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Want me to post your war thunder hours

Also that's lower than I thought

And lower than my borderlands 2 hours

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm kinda scared of calculating the time I must have spent playing world of tanks or eve.

But I'm 28 hours into subnautica, I've only installed some basic upgrades to my cyclops, just built the prawn suit with a drilling arm, and finally got around to setting up a bioreactor after constantly hitting brownouts.

I somehow didn't see this as a big problem, because it didn't affect my gameplay since I spent about 40% of my time exploring anyway. Establishing another two scanner bases with basic solar, and using the cyclops as a mobile base has changed my game up hard.

But I still am terrified if really taking it out too far. One of those red leviathans nibbled away at it and water started pouring in. I fired my only decoy and hightailed it up to the beach of that alien island base. Then I regained a modicum of courage and dived back down to a biome of floating little islands with shittons of resources, plus a really deep underwater cave entrance that led to a green-glowing vast cavern where my curiosity almost got me killed again.

One of those ethereal leviathans snuck up on me and ate away at my cyclops that I got wedged in between giant reeds and a column. Barely made it out and now I'm back to soiled pants.

I really wish I had a VR device for this, but I don't think my heart could take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Might try Subnautica again tonight. VR is tempting.