Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I had a party do this today. :argh:

Every party I've had since I've finished levelling tanks has done this and I call them out every single time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Wait, what's the problem with dragging the bone dragon to the edge? Most of the time I see it tanked in the middle, one party ends up getting utterly obliterated by a trillion skeleton explosions going off at once.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rainuwastaken posted:

Wait, what's the problem with dragging the bone dragon to the edge? Most of the time I see it tanked in the middle, one party ends up getting utterly obliterated by a trillion skeleton explosions going off at once.

Dragging it to the edge is a waste of time (and has always been a waste of time). The only place this occurred at all ever in the game was on the primal datacenter. The party that dies is because they're too spread out and/or their healers aren't doing anything to keep them up.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rainuwastaken posted:

If everyone is standing on the middle platform, a single awake synced healer can aoe heal through the damage. People only die when they decide they need to stand out by themselves.

People aren't going to tank the skeletons to the spokes and deal with them properly anyways (unnecessary at this gear level), so it's just easier if people stay close.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It used to be a lot more dangerous (if still plenty able to be healed through), but once the raid finder got added they nerfed the bone dragon adds to make up for the lower number of tanks and the skeleton damage is basically a non-issue as long as a healer is awake and willing to hit a single AOE heal.

Admittedly, this is not a guarantee in raid finder.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, that Bone Zone question comes up every so often.

Pretty sure one of the original raid guides for LotA recommended tanking Boner north, and ever since then, Primal datacenter folks have a good chance of pulling it north out of sheer habit. Nowadays you can just tank it in the center and AoE heal through the damage. But that almost never happens, and you usually end up with people bitching about it.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DizzyBum posted:

But that almost never happens, and you usually end up with people bitching about it.

Which is why you do in the first place.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

ImpAtom posted:

I think at this point there may be too many Daddies in FFXIV.

Counterpoint: there are not enough daddies

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Labyrinth of the Ancients is boring nowadays, it's not the comedy hour it used to be. I even saw a healer use Rescue to save someone from Ancient Flare. What the gently caress?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Only time I've had troubles in the 24 mans was when I was explaining in broken japanese to my party full of sprouts that our alliance was supposed to be eaten by cerberus. They got it after only one wipe. I was so proud.

Coughing Hobo posted:

Labyrinth of the Ancients is boring nowadays, it's not the comedy hour it used to be. I even saw a healer use Rescue to save someone from Ancient Flare. What the gently caress?

Ancient Flare murdering Melee DPS will never not be funny.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

TheHeadSage posted:

Only time I've had troubles in the 24 mans was when I was explaining in broken japanese to my party full of sprouts that our alliance was supposed to be eaten by cerberus. They got it after only one wipe. I was so proud.

People still try to split up different alliances having different jobs on Cerberus? Every time I've done it, most of the DPS beeline for the stomach.

EDIT: And at least one healer always gets munched without first shrinking down. Always.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Coughing Hobo posted:

Any excuse to use Rescue is worth it, no matter how minor.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

DoubleNegative posted:

People still try to split up different alliances having different jobs on Cerberus? Every time I've done it, most of the DPS beeline for the stomach.

EDIT: And at least one healer always gets munched without first shrinking down. Always.

It's mostly an unwritten thing, but in JP DC's Alliance A does the stomach, Alliance B keeps smacking the boss, and Alliance C does the chains. That's how it's always been done when I've done the fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Coughing Hobo posted:

I think I was in that party.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

Because that's the entire point

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
PSA: M'naago and Zhloe have separate delivery allowances.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Also PSA: If you level them up, what they want changes, so if you're close to a level then don't go crazy getting 6 items for each thinking you're gonna go ahead and get it done super fast.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

TheHeadSage posted:

It's mostly an unwritten thing, but in JP DC's Alliance A does the stomach, Alliance B keeps smacking the boss, and Alliance C does the chains. That's how it's always been done when I've done the fight.

They can't even do that right, its A == Adds, B == Belly, C == Chains. Its also faster for all the dps to just go in.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Brainamp posted:

rescue's really funny in exdr right now, it's also sometimes legitimately the only way to save a dps who ran off to outer space during the sephirot section of fractal hm's second boss

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wacky Delly posted:

They can't even do that right, its A == Adds, B == Belly, C == Chains. Its also faster for all the dps to just go in.
The ABC strat is so dumb because you can't attach the chains until he's pacified anyway and you definitely don't need 8 people to pull 2 chains, and the adds really aren't that threatening. So whose idea was it to have 2/3rd of the raid sitting on their hands while the belly crew actually does the mechanic? (rhetorical question I can guess who it was)

KoB
May 1, 2009

homeless snail posted:

So whose idea was it to have 2/3rd of the raid sitting on their hands while the belly crew actually does the mechanic? (rhetorical question I can guess who it was)

I guess they would just hit the bad guy??? crazy i know

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Reiterpallasch posted:

rescue's really funny in exdr right now, it's also sometimes legitimately the only way to save a dps who ran off to outer space during the sephirot section of fractal hm's second boss

I have a video saved on my ps4 where I rescue a BLM who was "trapped" there with the stack marker but they used that move to teleport to a party member the moment I rescued them which resulted in them being all alone for the stack marker and getting obliterated. I love rescue

Also I just want to say that the primal data center is utter garbage compared to aether which is weird because the RP server is on aether

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

KoB posted:

I guess they would just hit the bad guy??? crazy i know
Yeah that's why you go inside the stomach so you can get it over with faster and have everyone hitting the boss again

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Brainamp posted:

This times a billion

I don't care if there's an optimal choice or whatever, rescue is never ever leaving my bars ever.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

homeless snail posted:

The ABC strat is so dumb because you can't attach the chains until he's pacified anyway and you definitely don't need 8 people to pull 2 chains, and the adds really aren't that threatening. So whose idea was it to have 2/3rd of the raid sitting on their hands while the belly crew actually does the mechanic? (rhetorical question I can guess who it was)

I'd rather have a dumb strat for one raid in exchange for the average play skill level being higher. Reading all the horror stories here makes me glad I'm not on a NA server.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So, first section of O8S: the time between the 4x stack knockback and the statue knockback is ~57 seconds. The recharge on Arm's Length is 60 seconds.

I am going to assume the fight designer did this on purpose specifically to make me grumpy.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TheHeadSage posted:

I'd rather have a dumb strat for one raid in exchange for the average play skill level being higher. Reading all the horror stories here makes me glad I'm not on a NA server.

I dunno, we have some massive idiots on the EU servers as well.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Thundarr posted:

So, first section of O8S: the time between the 4x stack knockback and the statue knockback is ~57 seconds. The recharge on Arm's Length is 60 seconds.

I am going to assume the fight designer did this on purpose specifically to make me grumpy.

Imagine how PLDs feel on every single fight with a knockback.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

homeless snail posted:

The adds aren't remotely tanky (they die in like 1-2 GCDs of DPS actually bothering to pay attention to them), but their poison - which they shoot in a cone - hurts like hell if they're running around doing whatever they want because DPS can't be hosed to kill them and tanks can't be hosed to tank them.

I do still agree it's best just to send all the DPS into the belly to get it over with faster (and then when they pop back out 10 seconds later, have them clean up the adds), but honestly the adds are the most dangerous thing in that fight besides Cerberus going into his gently caress-you phase when someone tries to drag out his waiting-to-be-chained phase and inevitably fucks it up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Just did Dun Scaith for the first time in forever and completely blanked on the mechanics.

Somehow I managed to not die. :dance:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Is there a way to stop the help text about squadron chemistry when your guys come back from a mission with effects?

It feels like every time my squad returns from a mission with "+5% chance to get dps materia when you have four rogues" or whatever, I have to sit through those same four tutorial prompts about chemistry. That help text got old a while ago.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This makes me angry.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

I dunno, we have some massive idiots on the EU servers as well.

I'm not on the EU servers either, so bullet dodged I guess?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This makes me angry.

....what am I looking for? Is it the THM?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yes. And they were intentionally trolling. :argh:

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, finally got my o5s clear. I had waited it out, hoping for people to get better gear to pump out more DPS, but gear can never make up for mechanics failures. It's really unbelievable how many people can't break 4k DPS...

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Anyone who has purchased the Power Up emote that was just added to Mogstation is hereby obligated to post a screenshot of your character using it.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Took about 9 months for Amons hat to drop. today is a good day.

https://gfycat.com/FloweryTintedDolphin

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SL the Pyro posted:

Anyone who has purchased the Power Up emote that was just added to Mogstation is hereby obligated to post a screenshot of your character using it.

Is it just /psych but with more effects?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

vOv posted:

Is it just /psych but with more effects?

You float, too