Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Semper Fudge posted:

I actually kind of wish that this game had a lot more polish than it ends up seeing, so I'm not opposed to it, but it seems more likely that they're downsizing the team.

I think anyone would be assuming quite a bit if they think this will mean more polish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Butter Hole posted:

These look like some straight up buffs for Sonya. A 10% heal that stores 3 charges? 25% more AA damage? And the WW buff on low health heroes? :eyepop:

I know it's a situational level 20 talent, but I still feel like the words "Sonya" and "Unstoppable" should never be put together in the same sentence.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

From various comments made by pro players and other 'insiders' last year I got the general impression that new hero releases make huge bank for Blizzard and that the game is still steadily growing so I'd be a bit surprised if they slowed down the releases much, if at all. I think there's a good chance the next hero will be added to the current PTR in a few days since that has happened in the past (can't remember which one(s) though).

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It blows my mind that there are Hanzos still taking Dragonstrike. What are you hoping to accomplish? "Aw yeah, I slightly inconvenienced the other team so much they had to take two steps to the side."

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

No more heroes! No more skins! Where’s my Add A Ton Of Banners update???

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kalko posted:

From various comments made by pro players and other 'insiders' last year I got the general impression that new hero releases make huge bank for Blizzard and that the game is still steadily growing so I'd be a bit surprised if they slowed down the releases much, if at all. I think there's a good chance the next hero will be added to the current PTR in a few days since that has happened in the past (can't remember which one(s) though).

They will probably reveal it in between one of the matches at the HGC clash this weekend if I had to guess.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
@blizz deckard cain or i feed

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kai Tave posted:

It blows my mind that there are Hanzos still taking Dragonstrike. What are you hoping to accomplish? "Aw yeah, I slightly inconvenienced the other team so much they had to take two steps to the side."

Random badly timed Dragonstrikes are just how you play Hanzo, whether it's HotS or OW. What good is a .5 second melee range stun anyway? :rolleye:

With a proper wombo comp you could probably do some good work with it. The level 20 is also pretty nuts.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

John Murdoch posted:

Random badly timed Dragonstrikes are just how you play Hanzo, whether it's HotS or OW. What good is a .5 second melee range stun anyway? :rolleye:

With a proper wombo comp you could probably do some good work with it. The level 20 is also pretty nuts.

That's the insane thing though, any wombo combo you could do with it you could do just as well if not better with the stun arrow. It's right up there with Furnace Blast for "no seriously, why did you choose this again?" talents.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Midnightghoul posted:

I think anyone would be assuming quite a bit if they think this will mean more polish

Yeah I mean it's a pipe dream. I like HOTS a lot, but it's janky and buggy in a way that almost no other Blizzard game ever seems to be outside of maybe WoW on expansion launch days.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kai Tave posted:

That's the insane thing though, any wombo combo you could do with it you could do just as well if not better with the stun arrow. It's right up there with Furnace Blast for "no seriously, why did you choose this again?" talents.

I'd say that really depends on what the rest of the team is bringing to the table. Stun arrow is fundamentally more versatile though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
By the way, since there was some discussion about Zagara and the counters thereof earlier, here's Grubby demonstrating how well Illidan can shut Zagara down. Having The Hunt on hand means he's able to instantly respond to her attempts to split-push and results in a dead Zag whenever she's away from her team. Despite the other team having Zagara they stayed behind in level pretty much the entire game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dragonstrike is good area denial.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

SirSamVimes posted:

Dragonstrike is good area denial.

It isn't, though. It does pathetic damage and has no other effects beyond that. March of the Murlocs at least comes with a slow, Hyperion will at least do some siege damage, but I had another game with a Hanzo who took Dragonstrike and people wouldn't even move out of the way when he fired it off, because unless you're low health and rooted in place somehow it's just not that scary.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
Global arrow is too good to pass. Lvl 20 global teleport with aoe damage is pretty strong for a hero that is currently opaf

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kai Tave posted:

Garden of Terror in less than 12 minutes. This might legitimately be the worst stomp I've ever been a part of. I've never, not once, ever seen a Cho'Gall do so poorly in all the games I've played.

I had this happen the other day in unranked draft. I don't know if it counts as a stomp or not because no one died, but I doubt I'll see a faster match any time soon.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Even without Play of the Game at 20, which I agree makes the arrow even more attractive, a global distance AoE damage stun is just so insanely useful that "you can trade that in for a worse March of the Murlocs" is a baffling decision.

Mind over Matter posted:

I had this happen the other day in unranked draft. I don't know if it counts as a stomp or not because no one died, but I doubt I'll see a faster match any time soon.

Okay you gotta tell me the story behind that one, did the two teams just decide to base race from the word go?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kai Tave posted:

Even without Play of the Game at 20, which I agree makes the arrow even more attractive, a global distance AoE damage stun is just so insanely useful that "you can trade that in for a worse March of the Murlocs" is a baffling decision.

Okay you gotta tell me the story behind that one, did the two teams just decide to base race from the word go?

Not really. From what I recall, we went all five top at first to push with Syl, but they defended carefully and we didn't get a whole hell of a lot done. Took their wall, maybe? Then beacons spawned, Syl went bot to capture. Rest of us stayed top, we got 100-0 on Zerg which spawned top. They defended for a bit, but once we were pushing their keep wall (Sylvanas was still bottom, so we didn't even have Black Arrows) I think they gave up and we just pushed in with the Zerg to end it. It was a few days ago so I might be slightly off but that was the gist.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Did they just... not try to contest the beacons at all? :confused:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Macaluso posted:

Did they just... not try to contest the beacons at all? :confused:

I just watched the replay again, then basically didn't. They had no support and their Stitches seemed half AFK.

If you want to see all five minutes of "action," I tossed it in Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tq8qr5fyhj99mi/Speed%20Braxis.StormReplay?dl=0

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mind over Matter posted:

I just watched the replay again, then basically didn't. They had no support and their Stitches seemed half AFK.

If you want to see all five minutes of "action," I tossed it in Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tq8qr5fyhj99mi/Speed%20Braxis.StormReplay?dl=0

Watching this, yeah, it looks like what happened is their Stitches was throwing and they just gave up.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Kai Tave posted:

It isn't, though. It does pathetic damage and has no other effects beyond that. March of the Murlocs at least comes with a slow, Hyperion will at least do some siege damage, but I had another game with a Hanzo who took Dragonstrike and people wouldn't even move out of the way when he fired it off, because unless you're low health and rooted in place somehow it's just not that scary.

I was watching bambam the other night and he was playing Diablo and at one point he was walking along with a dragon strike and it barely touched his health and he didn’t even seem to notice. I found it quite hilarious.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Welp, blizzard is obviously going all-in on the mobility meta with new hero Treehead Woodfist.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

You laugh, but League has a treant with a really long gapcloser

(or did, he got a rework at some point no idea if that stayed)

(does high mobility only count if you can also use it to escape? I guess Artanis isn't high mobility)

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Welp, blizzard is obviously going all-in on the mobility meta with new hero Treehead Woodfist.

I'd buy him immediately and never play anything else.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Loutre posted:

I'd buy him immediately and never play anything else.
This but Rakanishu.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
When's Tomator

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

My favorite thing about Dragonstrike is being Sgt Hammer, pressing E, and ignoring it entirely.

e: Actually, right now, my favorite thing is Hammer’s E. People look so disappointed when they fail to do anything to the perfectly stationary target with their huge burst skillshots.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

bio347 posted:

This but Rakanishu.

This is legit the only hero I really want in the game. It's like the perfect Diablo character.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

blastron posted:

My favorite thing about Dragonstrike is being Sgt Hammer, pressing E, and ignoring it entirely.

e: Actually, right now, my favorite thing is Hammer’s E. People look so disappointed when they fail to do anything to the perfectly stationary target with their huge burst skillshots.

I used to love getting huge regen master stacks with Hammer, and then just sitting in an Artanis beam ult to little effect.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't think you can ever get enough regen stacks to be able to ignore Purifier Beam.

You'd need 150 globes (this is assuming they stack infinitely) at level 10 to cut the damage in half. 200 globes at level 20.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 27, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

There's a difference between "take no net damage" and "take low enough net damage to not be in danger"

I'm not saying it passes the second test, mind. I'm just trying to understand the argument.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I was considering taking half damage to still be a ton of damage. I think most use cases for the ult people take like 2-3 out of 8 ticks. But yeah I guess it depends on what "to little effect means". If you take half damage at level 10 it's like 1200 damage? Still a lot imo.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Mind over Matter's post reminded me that at some point I need to figure out how to curate some of my replays because there are honestly some pretty entertaining moments in some of the games I've played, like the game where the enemy team's Rexxar kept trying to solo the boss on Tomb of the Spider Queen and we kept interrupting him right as he neared completion and stole it every time.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Kai Tave posted:

Mind over Matter's post reminded me that at some point I need to figure out how to curate some of my replays because there are honestly some pretty entertaining moments in some of the games I've played, like the game where the enemy team's Rexxar kept trying to solo the boss on Tomb of the Spider Queen and we kept interrupting him right as he neared completion and stole it every time.

Rexxars hate this!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Nobody will ever suspect that Rexxar is soloing the boss on warhead junction - my thought process

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Had a Warhead Junction game where my friend said to an ally Rexxar at the start, "you going boss build?"

The guy said yeah.

Later the Rexxar is doing the boss and we all happened to be near him when a team fight broke out.

Dude just rages the rest of the match going like "YOU TOLD ME TO DO BOSS BUILD". He was mad that a fight happened near him, because yeah no way they noticed Rexxar was missing and checked boss.

He died a couple times trying to solo boss, but whenever anyone tried to help him he'd rage out about YOU TOLD ME TO !!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Publords are either want to take mercs too much or not enough, there's rarely a middle ground.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Pubbies are all about taking mercs and hate pushing with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Goddamn hanzo is fun