Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

kopasetic posted:

US intel intercepted a phone call from Putin's guy who controls both their internet propaganda mission and their mercenaries in Syria when he was talking about attacking the refinery. The US then sets up basically a trap during which 300 Russians die and not a single American does.

It's amazing to me that Are Troops killed 300 Russians recently and I'm just now hearing about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

where's your global cooling now, imaginary scientists from the 70s

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

At the world’s most northerly land weather station - Cape Morris Jesup at the northern tip of Greenland – recent temperatures have been, at times, warmer than London and Zurich, which are thousands of miles to the south. Although the recent peak of 6.1C on Sunday was not quite a record, but on the previous two occasions (2011 and 2017) the highs lasted just a few hours before returning closer to the historical average. Last week there were 10 days above freezing for at least part of the day at this weather station, just 440 miles from the north pole.

quote:

The question now is whether this signals a weakening or collapse of the polar vortex, the circle of strong winds that keep the Arctic cold by deflecting other air masses. The vortex depends on the temperature difference between the Arctic and mid-latitudes, but that gap is shrinking because the pole is warming faster than anywhere on Earth. While average temperatures have increased by about 1C, the warming at the pole – closer to 3C – is melting the ice mass. According to Nasa, Arctic sea ice is now declining at a rate of 13.2% per decade, leaving more open water and higher temperatures.

Some scientists speak of a hypothesis known as “warm Arctic, cold continents” as the polar vortex becomes less stable - sucking in more warm air and expelling more cold fronts, such as those currently being experienced in the UK and northern Europe. Rohde notes that this theory remains controversial and is not evident in all climate models, but this year’s temperature patterns have been consistent with that forecast.

Longer term, Rohde expects more variation. “As we rapidly warm the Arctic, we can expect that future years will bring us even more examples of unprecedented weather.”

this owns so much

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

No Bannons No Bannons No Bannons No Bannons No Bannons *loud fail horn* BANNONNNNNNN.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Gringostar posted:

I wonder if gates spilled the beans (:rip: Alex jones) on people other than Manafort which is why he's getting such a sweet plea deal since mueller already has Manafort by the balls

If he gets her alone in a room he's going to legally snap her over his knee

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/USGS/status/968564894156120065

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
shehuck whining about trump's nominees not being confirmed by the senate lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sad that the russians are backward savages still hiring mercenaries instead of an enlightened nation contracting w private military services

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

my fave reply

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/968478750492053504?s=19

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
weird that congress' plan of nicely asking WH officials whether they did or saw any treasons isn't bearing fruit

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

DiscountDildos posted:

It's amazing to me that Are Troops killed 300 Russians recently and I'm just now hearing about this.

Russia did the they are not our guys thing. The Russians got blown up by artillery and cobra gunships from outside a range they could return fire from.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:pervert:

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

i should probably invest in a boat

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Nichael posted:

if we think fascism is bad now, wait until there's a global refugee crisis and resource shortage due to climate change. do you think people will turn towards compassion and redistribution of resources to help the vulnerable? or the easy answer of bing bing bong bong murder them all?

this is 100% why society will come crumbling to the ground

"only" a few million or so refugees turned the world into raving lunatics and famine hasn't even started yet lol

love too be part of the last generation to enjoy living in utter excess

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

GobiasIndustries posted:

shehuck whining about trump's nominees not being confirmed by the senate lol

It wouldn't be prudent to let any Trump nominee get a hearing in the last year of his presidency

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

DiscountDildos posted:

the families of the dead Russians didn’t hear about it either until the US announced it like a week ago because the RU government denied it happened

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
congress is back on its bullshit

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/968564008847663107

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
:shehuck: is wearing much bolder eyeliner & lipstick today, if ur into that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kopasetic posted:

I'm sure it is very common and normal for Russia to send its FSB chief and National Security Counsel Chief to pick up 10 arrested Russian nationals from a Thai prison

in airforce one loaded with coke.

dont forget the good part

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

GobiasIndustries posted:

I mean they could subpoena her, but :effort: and who really cares anyway

hope: im not going to answer any questions about crime or the administration

house investigators: what? we just want fashion tips and to know how u get ur hair so perfect

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Mueller might go after her

good.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol already yelling at reporters, that was the first question

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

sad that the russians are backward savages still hiring mercenaries instead of an enlightened nation contracting w private military services

kojima was right

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

this owns so much

Seasons are a thing of the past. Can't wait for it to be 15° in the middle of June. Or whatever that is in that other temperature

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

They are all right to tell the toothless house and senate intel committees to gently caress off.

Just don't try that poo poo with the FBI.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lawman 0 posted:

Mueller might go after her

he drat well better, she's been around since the start.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

would it even apply to private sales

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/968524128973213696

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DiscountDildos posted:

american prism towers and cryocopters hosed up their apocalypse tanks

video games lol

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Good news liberals! We got guns banned (for minorities.)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

would it even apply to private sales

ofc not lol

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Nichael posted:

if we think fascism is bad now, wait until there's a global refugee crisis and resource shortage due to climate change. do you think people will turn towards compassion and redistribution of resources to help the vulnerable? or the easy answer of bing bing bong bong murder them all?

If the gulf states got ten degrees hotter evaporative cooling from sweat couldn't keep up and it would be completely uninhabitable. Syria and Iraq were just refugee crisis lite.

deathbysnusnu has issued a correction as of 20:24 on Feb 27, 2018

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

fits my needs posted:

kojima was right

kojima always right. everyone that said the metal gear solid 2 plot was dumb and confusing was too dumb to realize it was explaining the world to them

same thing with southland tales

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Squizzle posted:

what styling product is he using to get that sorta hold up front, goddamn

Maybe he's born with it

Maybe it's Stalinism

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

hope: im not going to answer any questions about crime or the administration

house investigators: what? we just want fashion tips and to know how u get ur hair so perfect

they are jsut fans of that poo poo gossip girl book she was on the cover of :3:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

gonna be a lot of six-year-olds that won't be able to buy guns if this passes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

deathbysnusnu posted:

If the gulf states got ten degrees hotter evaporative cooling from sweat couldn't keep up and if would be completely uninhabitable. Syria and Iraq were just refugee crisis lite.

will the sand turn to glass

is spec ops: the line still a a possibility?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Good news liberals! We got guns banned (for minorities.)

gonna change my surname to guns and run in 2020 on a platform of outlawing guns except for gays and making weed legal but only for gays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

this is 100% why society will come crumbling to the ground

"only" a few million or so refugees turned the world into raving lunatics and famine hasn't even started yet lol

love too be part of the last generation to enjoy living in utter excess

also, my post wasn't an endorsement of apathy btw. there's still time to fix society, and there's still good people out there. the hard work is in giving people the hope to end this nightmare.

• Locked thread