Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

time for some GAME THEORY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

????

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange sky posted:

The human project was always doomed to fail

(that's a bitcoin mine)

i hope beyond hope there is a bitcoin mine like this one in the void created by a former coal mine

that way in 2020 when hillary runs she can point to it and be like see how this 1 guy retrained his coal mining to currency mining you guys just need to nintendo switch parties parties and vote for me coal is never coming back

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Squizzle posted:

also not cool to call her a wanton imo

I'm really "wanton" that piss tape!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nichael posted:

I'm a very cynical person, and I kind of think we're hosed. But I think defeatism is stupid because what the gently caress else can you do besides work to end the nightmare?

the nightmare ends when civilization does dude

civilization is the nightmare

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BraveUlysses posted:

time for some GAME THEORY

prefer some gay theory tbh

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Grondoth posted:

oh right this thread is actively bad for my mental health, that's why I stopped checking it

I don't know what you're talking about. My posts are a font of optimism and are all about urging people to be active and compassionate, and to shop at King of Prussia.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/968572209752039424

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm really "wanton" that piss tape!

prefer my wontons without piss

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zeal posted:

the nightmare ends when civilization does dude

civilization is the nightmare

it's easy to give semi-jokey answers like that but people are capable of great things, and there's legitimately kindhearted people out there that deserve better than this.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Sarah gets dunked on so often by what happens outside the briefing room, so fast, that it's barely even notable anymore.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Grondoth posted:

oh right this thread is actively bad for my mental health, that's why I stopped checking it

same but then i feel like its even worse for my mental health when i let myself become ignorant of all the poo poo that's going on 24/7, and then check back in after a week and have all the terrible wonderful piss hit me all at once, after being an idiot and thinking everything was actually kinda fine :shepicide:

c-spam will keep u safely insane at all times

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

watch people die

it's the only reason i still get up in the morning

not everyone deserves to be written off because of the fascist fuckos. a lot of people deserve better.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
just smdh if you haven’t embraced Posadism yet

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rah! posted:

same but then i feel like its even worse for my mental health when i let myself become ignorant of all the poo poo that's going on 24/7, and then check back in after a week and have all the terrible wonderful piss hit me all at once, after being an idiot and thinking everything was actually kinda fine :shepicide:

i'm here to support you

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

not everyone deserves to be written off because of the fascist fuckos. a lot of people deserve better.

we're all better off dead

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Grondoth posted:

oh right this thread is actively bad for my mental health, that's why I keep on checking it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

we're all better off ted
:yeah:
that show was good

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Durf posted:

Everything's gonna be dead within our lifetime.

https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/968524262549131264

i dunno how these whales mate but with 100 females out of a population of 430, that's an effective population size of at most 200, which for a large mammal with a long lifespan is uh not a good prognosis and we should probably be scraping up the dna from any old lamps we might come across

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lmao this tweet came like, two minutes after SheHuck angrily said they weren't going to comment on anything regarding the hearings.

e:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sarah gets dunked on so often by what happens outside the briefing room, so fast, that it's barely even notable anymore.

this

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That DICK! posted:

i'm here to support you
/

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I check this thread for things like Alsatian stew recipes

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

orange sky posted:

The human project was always doomed to fail

(that's a bitcoin mine)

quote:

Counting counting they wer all the time. They had iron then and big fire they had towns of parpety. They had machines et numbers up. They fed them numbers and they fractiont out the Power of things.

I thought Riddley Walker was talking about the singularity but it turns out humanity doomed itself making fake money

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

zeal posted:

the nightmare ends when civilization humanity does dude

civilization humanity is the nightmare

ftfy

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Nichael posted:

it's easy to give semi-jokey answers like that but people are capable of great things, and there's legitimately kindhearted people out there that deserve better than this.

We're the country that won't do even basic poo poo like make guns harder to obtain under literally any circumstances while passing laws making it easier to get guns. We elected Donald loving trump at a time where we need a Lincoln. I look at climate Armageddon and think it's probably best just to get drunk about it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nichael posted:

not making a joke. civilization, settled societies, they're all a colossal mistake that has only occurred in the tiniest sliver of our species' overall history. we all deserve better: to live as our ancestors did for hundreds of thousands of years, hunting and gathering, picking magic mushrooms, leading lives instead of the waking nightmare of modernity

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao this whole administration is going to prison

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rah! posted:

I think it's good to be informed in times like this (or, really, all times), even if Donny & Friends are distressing.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nichael posted:

Nichael posted:

see the thing is we dont live in a just world

so all this talk about what people deserve?

i mean look at all the inherited wealth or the

people born into poverty, disease, or slavery

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

volcel whales

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

financially racist posted:

lmao this whole administration is going to prison
gates has the piss tape

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
God I hate David Cage. Why are the women he sex pested waiting so long to accuse him? Even chuds will take a look at him and believe them

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

this is the correct level

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

zeal posted:

not making a joke. civilization, settled societies, they're all a colossal mistake that has only occurred in the tiniest sliver of our species' overall history. we all deserve better: to live as our ancestors did for hundreds of thousands of years, hunting and gathering, picking magic mushrooms, leading lives instead of the waking nightmare of modernity

carving our own d&d dice

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

nah, being a human ruled for tens of thousands of years before cities hosed everything up

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

shyduck posted:

gates has the piss tape

oh please yes

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Shehuck is the perfect press secretary because she is so goddamn boring that no one cares what she says

Same reason that I'm the perfect poster on these forums

Bananasaurus Rex has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Feb 27, 2018

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zeal posted:

You can make a civilization that values humans as individuals. It'd take a lot of work, but there's a solution out there, and it mostly involves making sure good people are elected as our leaders.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/Wvk6I7R.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ByRosenberg/status/968573829055315969

• Locked thread