Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ainsley McTree posted:

The CT port is apparently very bad and is just the mobile version or something, if Twitter is to be believed :(

Re ff12: I gave up on hunts the first time I found one where the monster wasn’t where the map said it would be, I don’t know what kind of masochist the bestiary challenge is meant for.

Hunts weren't too hard, since they usually say how to spawn something in the hunt guide. The only annoying one was behemoth king, because you had to clear all the enemies in an area before they respawned. Yiazmat isn't hard either as long as you use debuff moves on him and stay in the middle of the arena, it's just time consuming otherwise. But the rare game stuff is insane. It's not hard, just... tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I just finished getting all the cheevos a few days ago. Used this list at the bottom (sorted by location) and it took about two hours to run around and get everything I was missing. The trials also give you a lot of rare game (even more if you run around each environment instead of staying close to where you spawn) too. The worst ones IMO are the ones that require the game clock to be within a certain range.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

WHAT HALF LIFE TEAM AT VALVE?! THERE IS NO HALF LIFE TEAM ANYMORE, THE GAME IS CANCELLED. People need to just stop holding onto hope, it's not going to happen.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah don't buy CT on steam. It's just a lovely port of the lovely mobile port.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I went ahead and made a FF15 PC thread. Console players can post there too I guess.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lmao

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Jesus christ Squeenix

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The best part is even SE knows the UI is terrible because none of the preview screenshots on the store show it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Final Fantasy Megathread - Emoji not supported

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

eventually they'll run out of the terrible mobile ports and be forced to port fft to steam

maybe then I'll finally play it for more than an hour

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

eventually they'll run out of the terrible mobile ports and be forced to port fft to steam

Mouse not supported

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Brother Entropy posted:

monkey's paw, it'll be WotL without the slowdown fixes and also somehow a new translation that's objectively worse than both existing ones

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

There’s a mobile port of FFT so they can just port that one

(it’s not actually a bad port but the game obviously wasn’t made for touch screens)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

monkey's paw, it'll be WotL without the slowdown fixes and also somehow a new translation that's objectively worse than both existing ones

i trust nerds enough to know there would be mods fixing those problems within a week

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Andrast posted:

There’s a mobile port of FFT so they can just port that one

(it’s not actually a bad port but the game obviously wasn’t made for touch screens)

yeah that's what I was referring to, i bought that version but the menu navigation is too annoying to stick with

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If I've hated all the ~fabula nova crystallis~ FF stuff I'm probably not gonna like XV either, right?

From what little I've seen/heard I'm gonna go with "yes" but just asking to make sure :pram:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah that's what I was referring to, i bought that version but the menu navigation is too annoying to stick with

If you are up for it war of the lions plays perfectly on a PSP emulator

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Ainsley McTree posted:

The CT port is apparently very bad and is just the mobile version or something, if Twitter is to be believed :(

Man I’m real sick of these dumb mobile ports SE keeps making GBS threads out

The only positive is the barrel of laughs when people think secret of mana is one of those

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Your Computer posted:

If I've hated all the ~fabula nova crystallis~ FF stuff I'm probably not gonna like XV either, right?

From what little I've seen/heard I'm gonna go with "yes" but just asking to make sure :pram:

15's got nothing to do with 13.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Terper posted:

I mean, it was in the 13 pantheon, once. But after a decade in development hell as Final Fantasy ~Versus~ XIII, they scrapped a lot of the stupid lore poo poo and kept the usable stuff and made FF15.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

Does it feel like 13 though? I hated everything about that game. Everything was simultaneously super flashy, super incomprehensible and boring.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Your Computer posted:

I hated XIII and played XV like a fiend, it’s a great game that turns lovely and then wraps up nicely.

The endgame dungeon is a loving incredible example of environmental storytelling.

E: feels absolutely nothing like XIII, go download the demo on Steam

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Your Computer posted:

Does it feel like 13 though? I hated everything about that game. Everything was simultaneously super flashy, super incomprehensible and boring.

The story is straightforward and simple, unless you aren't paying attention to the things that are literally happening on screen.

FF15 is good.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Your Computer posted:

13 starts with some dumb moms are tough bullshit and 15 starts with the bros’ car running out of gas, forcing them to push it to the nearest gas station while stand by me plays

It’s a pretty apt metaphor for the difference between the two games

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

15 is nothing like 13. Give it a try.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Your Computer posted:

15 ended up having nothing to do with 13. Different team with a different design philosopy. FF15 is an open world jrpg without menu based combat and positive qualities, unlike 13. You might not like the game, but not because its similar to 13.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The main character really loves fishing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fObeveel7_I&t=16s

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That's nice to hear. I'm still wary about the aesthetics/setting but maybe I'll give it a try if it goes on sale at some point.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Your Computer posted:

That's nice to hear. I'm still wary about the aesthetics/setting but maybe I'll give it a try if it goes on sale at some point.

What is your low pay point because I got it for like $35 on gmg

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the best way to play FFT these days?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

seiferguy posted:

If you can swing it, the PSP version with the slowdown removal patch applied. There's a ton of patches/mods for both the PSP and PSX versions that largely bring them up to par with each other.

The mobile version is... fine.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

seiferguy posted:

PPSSPP War of the Lions with slowdown fix.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

seiferguy posted:

PSP emulator, patched WotL iso to remove animation slowdown, computer plugged into tv, controller connected to computer via Bluetooth.

I'm playing through it right now doing that exact thing and it's glorious. I'm so happy.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Coughing Hobo posted:

If you can swing it, the PSP version with the slowdown removal patch applied. There's a ton of patches/mods for both the PSP and PSX versions that largely bring them up to par with each other.

The mobile version is... fine.

if i bought fft on the psn to play on psp would i have to dload the slowdown removal patch in addition to the game itself, or is it an official thing?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
:( i still feel like 12's combat was the least worst system, mechanically speaking.

it requires just the right amount of player input. trash enemies auto-die but you absolutely need to take control during the more difficult fights and pretty much all the postgame content.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Attitude Indicator posted:

15 ended up having nothing to do with 13. Different team with a different design philosopy. FF15 is an open world jrpg without menu based combat and positive qualities, unlike 13. You might not like the game, but not because its similar to 13.

It's unfair to call it an open world rpg when that's like 40% of it

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

FF15 is nothing like FF13. It's terrible in entirely different ways

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Playing this again right now on my PSP with CFW, it's fantastic. There's also a patch that de-stretches it back to 4:3, if the horizontally stretched sprites bug you: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2965/

Parachute posted:

if i bought fft on the psn to play on psp would i have to dload the slowdown removal patch in addition to the game itself, or is it an official thing?

You have to install custom firmware on your PSP to load the patch. It's a bit of work but very worth it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I’m playing wotl on a homebrewed Vita, works great

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'll have to give this a try. A cursory Google search shows it works on the s7.

Sapozhnik posted:

:( i still feel like 12's combat was the least worst system, mechanically speaking.

it requires just the right amount of player input. trash enemies auto-die but you absolutely need to take control during the more difficult fights and pretty much all the postgame content.

I agree. I think that's why I love playing through 12. It's just a lot of stuff makes it play like a f2p game, and a lot of things could have been streamlined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

seiferguy posted:

I'll have to give this a try. A cursory Google search shows it works on the s7.

If you just going to play it on a phone you might as well go with the official mobile port

(Unless you are planning on using a controller with your phone)