Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Ehh, this show has always drawn from every government conspiracy and folklore they could find. Chemtrails are just another one. Almost surprised there hasn't been a flat earth episode yet.

And considering that absolutely everything they do is always true, I can't wait for them to imply that the Earth is really flat even though they went to Antarctica and saw a freaking city-sized UFO fly off from the continent that isn't supposed to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

McSpanky posted:

And considering that absolutely everything they do is always true, I can't wait for them to imply that the Earth is really flat even though they went to Antarctica and saw a freaking city-sized UFO fly off from the continent that isn't supposed to be there.

That was the ice wall that keeps the oceans in

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"The earth is flat. I flattened it with ALIEN SCIENCE. :smug:"

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Wheat Loaf posted:

"The earth is flat. I flattened it with ALIEN SCIENCE. :smug:"

Radical militant flat-eartherism: the world isn't flat, but it will be. :black101:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

the world is round like a drat pizza

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Chop Sunni posted:

I had a brief mengele effect thing for reggie (who I looked up afterwards) and stephen tobolowsky, who I'm legit surprised wasn't in earlier episodes.

Same.

Also that rotting ship looked a lot like the one with the portal on Supernatural.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The unread post is the biggest X-File of all.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Chop Sunni posted:

I had a brief mandala effect thing for reggie (who I looked up afterwards) and stephen tobolowsky, who I'm legit surprised wasn't in earlier episodes.

Tobolowsky was in an episode of The Lone Gunmen, though. I think it was kind of a parody of his role from Memento, with him having some kind of memory-rewrite thing, though it's been so long since I've seen it that I might be completely missing the mark.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was Dr. Marvin Candle from Lost the pickup artist author in the William episode? That was some excellent casting and I hope the real one shows up later, and that he is also the rogue scientist guy they mentioned.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

business hammocks posted:

Was Dr. Marvin Candle from Lost the pickup artist author in the William episode? That was some excellent casting and I hope the real one shows up later, and that he is also the rogue scientist guy they mentioned.

Yes, except he will be Dr Edgar Halliwax.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
It's me, I'm the shadow post in the X-Files thread. I will never stop. Forever deal with my off-by-one error.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
So I was halfway through Season 2 when the X-Files left Netflix, but I noticed that seasons 3-11 are available from Fox on demand from my cable box. Anybody know how long these will be up? I want to finish the series, but I don't want it to feel like a chore where I have to rush to finish it before it disappears.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Lester Shy posted:

So I was halfway through Season 2 when the X-Files left Netflix, but I noticed that seasons 3-11 are available from Fox on demand from my cable box. Anybody know how long these will be up? I want to finish the series, but I don't want it to feel like a chore where I have to rush to finish it before it disappears.

Not sure about those, but the whole series is up on Hulu if that's an option.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I missed the last 2 weeks. Not having a DVR is the worst part of cutting the chord.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
this is some high concept nonsense

e: uh oh :v:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So apparently weirdness runs in the Morgan blood.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

This is weird and slow.....but I kind of dig it.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
come on man just tip the robot

I want my two dollars!

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Mulder and Scully trapped in the Black Mirror universe. I think I like it.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I missed the last 2 weeks. Not having a DVR is the worst part of cutting the chord.

for well known tv shows, commercial free 720p rips are on the internet within 1-3 hours after it aired. not trying to promote bad things, just saying there's no reason to punish yourself for not having a dvr

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

This is weird and slow.....but I kind of dig it.

I can't stop giggling. I don't think I've watched something lately that's had me break into a poo poo-eating grin so many times.

Blobfish. :v:

This is a fun interlude. I'm not really expecting it to go anywhere. It's like a series of vignettes.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

:catstare:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Next episode sincerely looks pretty creepy.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

for well known tv shows, commercial free 720p rips are on the internet within 1-3 hours after it aired. not trying to promote bad things, just saying there's no reason to punish yourself for not having a dvr

Am I missing the joke? There were no new episodes the past 2 weeks, tonight is the first new ep since 2/8

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

joepinetree posted:

Am I missing the joke? There were no new episodes the past 2 weeks, tonight is the first new ep since 2/8

no joke, i just wasn't realizing that there was in fact no episodes the last few weeks. i read it as if you were missed out on the last few episodes due to you cutting the cord which affects your dvr functionality. my bad

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 1, 2018

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m still working my way through this season, but can someone other than Chris Carter explain to me why Skinner is suddenly no longer a Mulder ally again? Especially after being so firmly entrenched on their side in the last seasons of the original run.

Why the gently caress does Carter feel the need to constantly reset the relationships on this show?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m still working my way through this season, but can someone other than Chris Carter explain to me why Skinner is suddenly no longer a Mulder ally again? Especially after being so firmly entrenched on their side in the last seasons of the original run.

Why the gently caress does Carter feel the need to constantly reset the relationships on this show?

CSM showed up to drop some hot takes on him, and he caved again because :shrug:

The more I think about it, the less sure I am about the 'why.'

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think we're supposed to be unsure if Skinner actually took CSM's deal or is playing him tbf

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Old Boot posted:

Skinner himself kinda lays it all out at the end of the episode I just finished. It’s clear now that he’s playing CSM to try and get to the bottom of things, but it still begs the question ‘Why is Carter pulling this poo poo yet again?’ And why are Mulder and Scully still so hesitant to trust him after all these years? It makes no sense for these characters.

Also :laffo: at ending on a literal chemtrail montage like it’s some great and powerful “makes u think huh” moment.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
YUM.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Skully's house is loving nice god drat.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Milo and POTUS posted:

Skully's house is loving nice god drat.

Why is her house so much nicer than Mulder's?

I loved this episode, so many stupid little jokes. Bigly Credit, Mulder still only tipping 10%, teach the controversy and that blobfish. Also Queequeg :( .

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It was a good little episode :)

So far I'm enjoying this season but as always mytharc stuff is hit or miss.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Next episode sincerely looks pretty creepy.

Where can I see a preview of this

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

joepinetree posted:

I guess three weeks then? I missed the Skinner episode for sure, if that was the last new episode then I don’t feel as bad.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 1, 2018

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Old Boot posted:

Honestly when they said there was gonna be a Skinner episode I assumed it had to do with the nanomachines CSM and Krycek used to control him for like, half the original run

Speaking of killer robots, just pay the drat tip Mulder!

Popelmon posted:

Why is her house so much nicer than Mulder's?

I loved this episode, so many stupid little jokes. Bigly Credit, Mulder still only tipping 10%, teach the controversy and that blobfish. Also Queequeg :( .

One of them is a doctor, the other was on the lamb for a decade and spends their money on mail-order videos of alien autopsies

Also same about blobfish, Bigly Credit, RIP Queequeg :smith:

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 1, 2018

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Ahahaha Scully brought her eggplant

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'm honestly not sure if that was their earnest attempt at a Black Mirror episode, or if that was them doing a parody of Black Mirror. I feel like either is equally possible given the uneven episode quality this season. I think I liked it, but I liked it much more when it was called Ghost in the Machine.

This season has been better than last season, but that pretty much goes without saying since 10 was the absolute nadir of the show. The only completely unredeemable episodes so far have been My Struggle III, This (for wasting a Langly return), and Ghouli, though Ghouli was more boring than bad.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
"My Struggle III" was the only one I hated, and even that was a step up from I and II. "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" and "Rm9sbG93ZXJz" are great, but even the rest of the episodes have ranged from forgettable at worst to really good.

I think it's been a success so far and even though I'm extremely cautious about "My Struggle IV" I'm glad season 11 as a whole exists.

night slime
May 14, 2014
They put this thing in the latest episode, whatever it is. It was on the desk when he was in the room with the wet gun or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Babylon is pretty loving bad I can't believe none of y'all mentioned it.

• Locked thread