Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hommando posted:

I've never played BLM at level 70, but this seems wrong.

I am pained by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Same. Auto attack should be way higher.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Xun posted:

The glamour dresser isn’t big enough!!!!

I can't believe they didn't launch it with enough plates to cover every class with overlap. WAR/PLD/DRK, AST/WHM/SCH, MNK/SAM, BRD/MCH, BLM/SMN/RDM. That's 13, they gave use 10. NIN and DRG need it less because no overlap, but hopefully they add more plates.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hommando posted:

I'm too much of a casual to use BLM properly, so I switched to RDM because maintaining Enochain was kind of a chore in-between running away from mechanics. So I'm probably not anywhere near the best BLM.

That being said, :barf:.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Man it's really dumb how much of a difference dragoon makes, but one guy in my static decided to go on it tonight for O5S and O6S, and I 95th and shot up to second on server Bard for Chadarnook. Tethered only once too, in the opener. 82nd with a death on Phantom Train, but I was dumb and completely glazed over a Demonic Whistle cast so I was knocked off.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 28, 2018

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
I love it when they announce 4-hour emergency maintenance in the middle of my prime playtime with 45 minutes warning! It's the best!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

I can't believe they didn't launch it with enough plates to cover every class with overlap. WAR/PLD/DRK, AST/WHM/SCH, MNK/SAM, BRD/MCH, BLM/SMN/RDM. That's 13, they gave use 10. NIN and DRG need it less because no overlap, but hopefully they add more plates.

It had enough plates for me to assemble all my favorite varieties of shirtless highlander, with room left over for kirimu coat, t-shirt and a sweater, so I'm cool with it.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Like many systems they add I'm sure they'll expand at some point.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

jalapeno_dude posted:

I love it when they announce 4-hour emergency maintenance in the middle of my prime playtime with 45 minutes warning! It's the best!

it's gotta be for the squadron lb exploit

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

ApplesandOranges posted:

I really want to be good at MCH since I love the aesthetic, but I have such terrible tunnel vision when playing it. It's not nearly as bad as Heavensward, but Wildfire periods feel like the system is playing me, rather than me using the system to adapt like with MNK.

It's just a question of practice. These days I just autopilot through Wildfires on muscle memory alone, and that's also pretty much mandatory since in savage content you'll often be doing some dumb boss mechanic with a lot of movement while also Wildfiring at the same time. MCH, much like BRD, is more about ignoring the system entirely and just doing your thing as long as the boss doesn't leave.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Bolow posted:

Can I be mad online about a single pile of loving cherry blossom leaves costing $5 meanwhile you can get 2 trees and a picnic blanket for $10.

Man, I'm still kicking myself over the cherry trees.

A few years ago during an event you could get tradeable versions ingame, took about 10 minutes each to get one. So I got the 3 trees that have adorned my yard ever since, and called it a day.

Those trees go for 25m each on the MB these days. I could have gotten so many more trees for little effort. :shepicide:

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
At least you got some. But honestly Death’s Fingers aren’t too bad of a poor man’s replacement, especially if you have enough slots to stack them up to make the leaves thicker.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hommando posted:

It's just the level 50 ARR rotation but with thunder 4 instead of 3. Probably didn't realize that 4 is an AoE and just used it because bigger number.

I mean, it's wrong, but it could be so much worse.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
There's low level armor that is like, a chest piece combined with a helmet. I'm guessing that you can't glamour it very well? Does anyone know/have tried it?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Jetamo posted:

There's low level armor that is like, a chest piece combined with a helmet. I'm guessing that you can't glamour it very well? Does anyone know/have tried it?

The double-slot armor glamours just fine. You won't be able to glam something on your head slot, naturally, but if you want to put the tin can (or the cloth cowl) on, you can.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Tell me about the worst or funniest dungeon/DR you've ever run, goons

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Rastan Beeza posted:

Tell me about the worst or funniest dungeon/DR you've ever run, goons

Copperbell Mines. I'm running it with my two friends IRL who are all over at my place on their laptops and a rando tank. The tank is this completely average-looking hyur and has this hilariously like generic real life name. I don't want to out him so think like "Richard Thompson" or "Todd Johnson." He is the slowest puller in the world. Before every pull. He stops, looks at each enemy (I could see him targeting each one-by-one) and then turns around and looks at us, apparently making sure we're in position. Only then does he pull. If you pull before him, he refuses to tank and just stands there for the entire fight.

So Copperbell is already super long and this makes it take forever with all this downtime as Richard Thompson slowly guides us through the dungeon. My friends and I invent this elaborate backstory for Richard Thompson that he became a tank to impress his high school sweetheart that fell out of love with him after he was injured in a football game and his team lost state. Unfortunately, this didn't work so he spends his days slowly grinding Copperbell, seeing her face in the eyes of his enemies, causing him no end of anguish.

We get to the last boss and right before we start I say, "Cheer up, Richard. Maybe with this final battle you'll finally impress her and win back her heart."

He responds with the first thing he's said in chat the entire time "what the gently caress does that mean" and he stands outside the arena and, apparently, refuses to come in. I say, "Oh I didn't mean anything by it. I was just being goofy," but he doesn't come in and doesn't say anything else. Finally my friend who is a dragoon pulls and tanks the fight as we beat it. Richard stands outside the arena the entire time. At the end he says "fuckin weirdos playing this game" and leaves.

And gave me a commendation :confused:

Edit: just looked him up on lodestone, Richard is now a level 63 paladin wearing a level 18 bracelet and a brand-new ring

Rosalind fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 28, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Dungeon runs typically go smooth for me, except for that one run of The Vault that I did where the other DPS ran towards me while some kind of damage mechanic was going off and killed us both. The other DPS warps back to the start without waiting for a raise and the Tank tells the Healer to use Swiftcast, with the implication of raising me.

The Healer uses Swiftcast Physick and the Tank has to drop Charibert's remaining HP alone.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Healer uses Swiftcast Physick and the Tank has to drop Charibert's remaining HP alone.

please don't doxx me

Also, I became a proper omnihealer last night. And WHM is simple enough that it doesn't need an 70 page owner's manual and eight-week correspondence course to play! :toot:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was running Hell's Lid (is that what it's called I'm horrible about names) with a sprout 70 WHM and holy crap they were playing their heart out. Practically ignored the tank to DPS. The tank and I both made sure to let them know to keep that up and they're awesome.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Rosalind posted:

Edit: just looked him up on lodestone, Richard is now a level 63 paladin wearing a level 18 bracelet and a brand-new ring

Please don't doxx me.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

I was running Hell's Lid (is that what it's called I'm horrible about names) with a sprout 70 WHM and holy crap they were playing their heart out. Practically ignored the tank to DPS. The tank and I both made sure to let them know to keep that up and they're awesome.

excuse me it's "Hells' Lid" there are multiple hells :colbert:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Renegret posted:

It's just the level 50 ARR rotation but with thunder 4 instead of 3. Probably didn't realize that 4 is an AoE and just used it because bigger number.

I mean, it's wrong, but it could be so much worse.

Am I reading this wrong or were there no Firestarter procs? I have to be reading it wrong.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Am I reading this wrong or were there no Firestarter procs? I have to be reading it wrong.

It's been a while since I looked real closely at a parse of the level 50 rotation (or ACT in general), but for 23% of damage being fire 3 I'm assuming there was a fair number used. IIRC the majority of you damage is supposed to come from fire 1.

Now, if you see this parse, you should run for the god drat hills:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Renegret posted:

It's been a while since I looked real closely at a parse of the level 50 rotation (or ACT in general), but for 23% of damage being fire 3 I'm assuming there was a fair number used. IIRC the majority of you damage is supposed to come from fire 1.

Now, if you see this parse, you should run for the god drat hills:

Jesus christ why :stonk:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

III is higher, why wouldn't you cast it?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Guess who! posted:

This is Naoki Yoshida, Producer and Director of FFXIV.
Allow me to provide updates on the current situation here.

There is various other information on external websites that is causing confusion, but it was in fact late last night (Japanese time) that the development team – myself included – learned of this bug, in the same way as many others did.

Regardless of how and why, at the same time as confirming the truth of what is written on the other websites, we consider this a highly urgent bug and made preparations to fix it promptly. That was what the Emergency Maintenance earlier was for. Apologies that the information as to why was delayed.

The bug has been fixed, and the action is no longer usable in content other than what it is meant for.
We are currently continuing to communicate with the NA and EU teams as there is an issue with time difference, but are proceeding accordingly to confirm the below points:

Whether or not the comment written on the external website reporting that "it was reported to the GM team four months ago" is true or not.
If it was, then why was the issue not reported accordingly back then.
Identify the amount of characters that are "assumed to have intentionally used" this action for incorrect means.

The bug, that has now been fixed, could have occurred accidentally by the incorrect use of a macro that had been put in place for the standard use of the action in some exact conditions if they were met by chance. Therefore, we will be careful in our decision as to who used it deliberately.

In order for the research into this to be done, keeping in mind the issue of time difference, we ask for your time and patience on this.

We will be in touch upon gathering and summing up the necessary information, including what needs to be done going forward to prevent this issue occurring again.

We sincerely apologize for this bug and the time taken to fix it.
Thank you for your patience until we send the next notification on this matter.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Warp still works, if you really need that no-cooldown Return. I'm surprised they squashed this one so quickly though, good on them.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

So they're gonna use the banhammer?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
What was the bug?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MelvinBison posted:

What was the bug?

You could use the command mission LB, Ungarmax, outside of command missions in any duty. It only cost a single LB bar and gave a 50% damage buff to your entire group for 15s. You could use it to make savage content and the like trivial.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i mean, it made the dps check trivial and allowed good groups to skip mechanics, but it wasn't going to stop you from wiping in the first like 30 seconds of god kefka if your healers were bad

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

https://streamable.com/01c1r

Keep an eye on the dps meter.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm gonna upload a video of me doing an exploit while I scream about how I am knowingly abusing an exploit.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Vermain posted:

You could use it to make savage content and the like trivial.

lmao it's fifteen seconds of a ten minute fight

anyway, this still makes me blush

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

please don't doxx me

Also, I became a proper omnihealer last night. And WHM is simple enough that it doesn't need an 70 page owner's manual and eight-week correspondence course to play! :toot:

And yet people just stand there not touching Aero, Stone, or motherfucking Holy.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Die Sexmonster! posted:

lmao it's fifteen seconds of a ten minute fight

15 seconds that could be doubled by an AST, times however many limit bars you got over the fight since ungarmax only used one bar.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
25 seconds, if you have an AST.

so more like 5 minutes of the fight, considering how god kefka gives you like 10 loving limit bars you'd normally just be using on melees

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Yep, factor in that the healer casting ungarmax frees up one of your dps from having to lb during a burn phase and using one bar meant every dps check of a fight could be trivialized.

That there's yet another exploitable command being accepted by the server without any kind of validation is almost expected at this point considering SE's track record. What was interesting is Yoshi-p specifically calling out the complete disconnect between the dev team and GMs that were supposedly letting this slide for over 4 months.

We already know that there's nearly zero up-channel communication from the regional support teams to the Japanese management (most famously illustrated by the guy whose account was banned due to a billing error on SE's part and given the run-a-round for months which finally required pleading to Yoshi personally at a fanfest q&a before corrective action was taken). Hopefully we'll find out in the end if the NA staff was ignoring a bug, or the NA staff themselves were being ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
For the Warp thing at least, keep in mind it's only abusable in the English client, since in French, German and Japanese the Warp skill has the same name as the Return skill.