Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

CheesyDog posted:

Sounds like concert coworker was putting in the correct amount of effort for a place that won't let him take one of vacation days

If he'd requested it ≥2 weeks in advance as policy dictated, he'd have had it approved.He was told if he obeyed the 2 week notice policy he'd be approved, but they simply weren't inclined to bend the rules when his work wasn't up to par :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

toiletbrush posted:

WWOOFing isn't poverty tourism though? It's just working on a farm for free in exchange for food and accommodation. The organic bit is a bit dumb but entirely optional and a bunch of my friends do it regularly because often there's not much work to do, and a lot of it is interesting stuff like building poo poo or at least being active out in the sun in a foreign country.

Yea, at first glance it seems like a nonprofit that goes to the third world but now that I'm reading some stories it's clear that they just go to farms and do freeish labor. Some of these stories are pretty weird too, like this woman in New Zealand that worked for a guy that didn't have any electricity or refrigeration and fed her dumpster meat and roadkill that they covered with a blanket for storage.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pnurtis.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Yeah it's not poverty tourism and it's also not a third-world charity. It's crunchy granola people, some dirtbaggier than others, who want to backpack around the world and are willing to work 4–6 hours a day in exchange for free room and board.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

All it does is teach you the true importance of the word "Sub-contracting"

Yeah but that’s legit super valuable. Among other things it will save you the idiot trap of deciding to DIY a fixer-upper home/child

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Anne Whateley posted:

Yeah it's not poverty tourism and it's also not a third-world charity. It's crunchy granola people, some dirtbaggier than others, who want to backpack around the world and are willing to work 4–6 hours a day in exchange for free room and board.

Man it's too bad those people never figured out they could work 4-6 hours in non-toilet conditions and they can just pay for room and board.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
My [24F] boyfriend [25M] of one year wants me to roleplay as Anne Frank in the bedroom (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

He's been listening to a lot of Neutral Milk Hotel lately. After finding out that the lyrics to one of their albums were heavily inspired by the life of Anne Frank and her diary he decided to get a copy of it. Since then he's been reading it almost religiously, every night before going to bed and sometimes he would excuse himself when I was still up watching a show with him because he wanted to reread some parts.

Anyway, yesterday he confessed to me that he's been having a fantasy that he had wanted to tell me about, but if I wasn't into it it wouldn't be a problem, so it would be up to me. He told me that he would find it really hot if I put on a black wig (I'm naturally blonde) and roleplayed for him as Anne Frank in the bedroom, he would call me Anne and I would call him Peter. We would have to be real quiet pretending that we were up in an attic so no one would hear us. Also we would both act like we were sexually inexperienced only slowly discovering with each other what each other's bodies are for.

I told him that I would think about it but I'm not too sure. While I'm aware that people have sexual fantasies I find this to be very specific and slightly bizarre. On the other hand I don't want to hurt his feelings and if this is important to him then maybe we could just try it. But I'm not really sure how I should decide so I thought I'd post here for possible feedback and what a responsible decision on this matter would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLaFLztnL84

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CheesyDog posted:

and she won't leave because of "unmentionable reasons" that make him better for her than anyone else

Man, I wonder just how mind-blowing the sex has to be if she's willing to stay married to a self-centered manbaby rear end in a top hat who regularly throws drunken bangers where he refuses to clean up after his stupid rear end (even when you go out of town for the weekend!!!), hasn't meaningfully progressed past age 12 except he's in his late 20s, and has zero respect for you as a human being or partner. Oh, and he uses homophobic slurs to describe beer that isn't Budweiser as the cherry on top of that poo poo sundae, baby! :allears:

I wonder how much more unattractive and worthless he has to be as a husband and respectful, decent partner before she gives up? Get 5 DUIs? Murder someone in a drunken rage? Donate to the Trump 2020 campaign?

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 28, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

girl pants posted:

Sorry I refuse to recognize anybody named Fergus

:colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksf_fzR8pZQ

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Caganer posted:

My [24F] boyfriend [25M] of one year wants me to roleplay as Anne Frank in the bedroom (self.relationship_advice)

This is a great time to pull the Anne Frank / Helen Keller confusion gag and roleplay as Hellen Keller imo

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lmao

My husband (30M) wants to go on his friend’s bachelor trip, but I (25F) get a bad feeling about it based on his actions during his.

quote:

My husband has recently been invited on a bachelor trip to Nashville by one of his close friends. This friend is who got my husband’s bachelor trip together before we got married. When my husband returned from his bachelor trip, I came home to him drinking a gallon of whiskey. At the time, our daughter was 2 months old, and he showed little to no interest in seeing or spending time with us that day he returned. He would not come inside the house, and instead stayed on the porch, drank his whiskey, and stayed on his phone constantly. Of course, I was actually pretty drat pissed to put it lightly. He had just been on a three night trip away from us and had no interest in my daughter and I. I did what you shouldn’t do and looked through his phone while he was taking a shower. There was a video of him and a girl he had met down there with her standing on her hands and shoving her vagina in his face. He said they were just drunk and that he doesn’t even remember doing that, yet the way I found this was by him sending it to a friend in his messages. He had already deleted it off his videos. Next day, I knew something else was going on after I had seen that he had accepted a friend request from another girl that was down there. I get home from work, and again while he’s in the shower go further in my research through the phone. I saw nothing weird in his photos. For some reason, I click on his email, and when I go to the archive section, low and behold a few pictures of him and a different girl. Y’all.... he was genuinely happy in these photos. Had his hand on the girls hand, hugging tightly to each other. His happiness with that girl radiated all over him. I immediately freaked out. Of course, I felt extremely threatened. He went to extreme measures of hiding these photos from me and planned on keeping them?? And we were to get married two months after his bachelor trip. I questioned everything down to cancelling the wedding and ended up forgiving him after he seemed genuinely apologetic.

Well, now here we are. He wants to go on this trip with his friends, and has left it up to me if he goes or doesn’t. Of course I told him that I didn’t want him to go after how he acted on his own, but I can’t help but feel like he’d resent me if I downright said no. I’m considering letting him decide what’s best, but I know when it comes down to it, he really will go despite me being very uncomfortable about it. I’m just not sure at all how to handle this situation.

but he seemed so genuinely apologetic

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Caganer posted:

don't doxx me pls

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Caganer posted:

No.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Man, I wonder just how mind-blowing the sex has to be if she's willing to stay married to a self-centered manbaby rear end in a top hat who regularly throws drunken bangers where he refuses to clean up after his stupid rear end (even when you go out of town for the weekend!!!), hasn't meaningfully progressed past age 12 except he's in his late 20s, and has zero respect for you as a human being or partner. Oh, and he uses homophobic slurs to describe beer that isn't Budweiser as the cherry on top of that poo poo sundae, baby! :allears:

I wonder how much more unattractive and worthless he has to be as a husband and respectful, decent partner before she gives up? Get 5 DUIs? Murder someone in a drunken rage? Donate to the Trump 2020 campaign?

wait i missed the part where he called non-Bud beers gay or whatever

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The correct answer is yes, and hire your friends to dress as secret police, burst in during and arrest him.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The correct answer is yes, and hire your friends to dress as secret police, burst in during and arrest him.

:perfect:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Caganer posted:

This is amazing :allears:

I guess it could be worse. He could have asked her to roleplay Jeff Magnum's unborn conjoined twin or whatever the hell is going on in the songs on that album that aren't about fetishizing a dead teenage girl.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Alternatively, agree the roleplay, but when he tries to get past first base inform him that you were posthumously baptised into the Mormon faith, which is retroactive, so you won't do anything before getting married.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

andrew smash posted:

wait i missed the part where he called non-Bud beers gay or whatever

Buzkashi posted:

These are from a few pages back but I had to get these in -

There's also a comment about how he won't buy craft beer because he doesn't "want fag beer in the house."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Lone Goat posted:

Man it's too bad those people never figured out they could work 4-6 hours in non-toilet conditions and they can just pay for room and board.
What nonmurderous job located all over the world hires random walkups for widely varying short durations, lets them work only 4–6 hours a day, and pays enough to cover room & board? And has great working conditions?

Like there's a reason that broke nomad hippie backpacker type does this poo poo, and it's not really altruism

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 28, 2018

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Lmao what a loving loser

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Anne Whateley posted:

What nonmurderous job located all over the world hires random walkups for widely varying short durations, lets them work only 4–6 hours a day, and pays enough to cover room & board? And has great working conditions?

Like there's a reason that broke nomad hippie backpacker type does this poo poo, and it's not really altruism

I meant before they left. Get a job then use the money from the job to go on vacation.

:capitalism:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Caganer posted:

I guess bringing in the holocaust angle is enough of a distraction to get the gf to pretend she's underage.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
well that's the least offensive anne frank sex roleplaying proposal *I've* ever heard

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

rear end cobra posted:

lmao

My husband (30M) wants to go on his friend’s bachelor trip, but I (25F) get a bad feeling about it based on his actions during his.

but he seemed so genuinely apologetic

I literally just got invited to a bachelor party in Nashville where there will be a few guys I don't know, I wonder if this is one of them

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

[quote="“Lone Goat”" post="“481729688”"]
I meant before they left. Get a job then use the money from the job to go on vacation.

:capitalism:
[/quote]

Getting free room and board and food in exchange for 4 or so hours a day of work is a pretty good deal. I know some people who’ve done this, mostly in South America. It still leaves you with plenty of free time to do whatever else you want. If you’re just planning on going on a week-long vacation or something it’s obviously not worth it then, but if you want to stay a while in a certain place it’s not a bad deal.

Obviously, experiences vary and I’m sure there are a lot of lovely hosts out there so you should obviously do some research ahead of time.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

My [25M] wife [24F] been together 6 years just admitted to fooling around one time with a guy while we were broken up 4 years ago, help me rationalize it?

quote:

Me and my wife started dating when we were 18 in high school- we got married last summer. We were together for 2 years before she broke up with me because we were always fighting. I went no contact for a month and a half and we slowly started talking again and we officially got back together 5 months later. She just admitted this morning, and casually brought it up that while we were broken up she fooled around with a guy but didnt have sex. I am disappointed and feel betrayed. I asked her why she didnt tell me earlier and she said that she was single and it was only her business since I went no contact and ignored her messages so she thought the relationship was over + she was in college + hurt about the breakup and lots of parties going on so anyone would fool around + it wasnt even sex. Now I dont know what to do. She refuses to apologize saying that she didnt do anything wrong. I'm sure shes never cheated and I havent either and our relationship and marriage after we got back together has been great. I dont know what to do.

tl;dr: wife had an encounter while we were broken up 4 years ago, just heard about it today.

My future wife didn't save herself for me for the month and a half I ghosted her! :cry:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
I'll defer to loquacius (who is actually jewish) but I'm pretty sure you can't just gently caress people then pray after each gently caress but they also have lifehacks to use lights and stuff so who knows :shrug:

My [23M] Jewish boyfriend [21M] prays for forgiveness after we have sex and I'm a little uncomfortable.

quote:

Okay, so my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. He's very much so a practicing Jew (follows all the routine prayers, eats kosher food only, reads parts of the Tanakh every night, goes to his Shul often, etc) and although he comes from a more liberal, I guess would be the right word, form of Judaism, his mom is from Israel and much of his family on that side still lives there. As such he speaks fluent Hebrew and tends to use it with his mom on a casual basis. Please don't get me wrong, this is all very cool and I've gone with him a few times as a non-Jewish visitor to his Shul and I've learned a lot about it from him. Now I'm atheist and while this has caused a few differences in opinion we've always been able to sort it out and be respectful of each other's beliefs and cultures.

So he's told me in the past that homosexuality in and of itself isn't viewed as a sin (I might be a little off here, again I'm not a practicing Jew or overly scholarly in the matter besides what I've picked up from my boyfriend and my own research) but the act of participating in homosexuality is. So you can have gay thoughts as long as you don't act on them. All this I understand (and understood earlier on in our relationship as my boyfriend was very open about laying it all out on the table about it) to varying degrees.

So lately (we moved in recently due to some apartment troubles on his end) I've noticed after we have sex (sometimes right afterward, sometimes the next morning) he'll get up and say a prayer, usually long-winded and said with full sincerity and traditionalism. I finally asked what he was praying about one night and he explained that it was a repentance/forgiveness prayer. Now, this is where I got, to be honest, a little offended. I know I shouldn't judge his religion and I should be welcoming to it, and I don't want to sound like a religious bigot but I'm kinda put off by the fact that my boyfriend feels the need to apologize everytime we have sex. I don't know if I should bring it up because I don't want to be "that person" who asks someone to stop praying, and besides this, our relationship is going amazingly well. I also don't want to be intolerant but it bugs me that he seems to think what we do is shameful enough it requires a prayer everytime we do it. So do I bring it up or just ignore it? Do I mention it makes me uncomfortable? How do I gently bring it up?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just do it through a hole in a sheet.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Doggles posted:

My [25M] wife [24F] been together 6 years just admitted to fooling around one time with a guy while we were broken up 4 years ago, help me rationalize it?

My future wife didn't save herself for me for the month and a half I ghosted her! :cry:
It doesn't say he ghosted her. It says he went no contact after she broke up with him which is normal and healthy. It also depends on the context of their contact at the time - were they already in the process of getting back together when it happened?

The actual mistake was them coming back together though as it seems they don't understand one another at all.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
There isn't really a "makes it okay" and a requirement is to actually forsake the sin. He's right that he is supposed to seek atonement immediately - praying each time is necessary but not really sufficient. Anyway jewish law is more like constitutional law, it's full of debate and varying opinions/interpretations and established through precedent - there's no binary answer. Clearly he is not particularly repentant.

2 to 3 Cats
Dec 17, 2009

quote:

How do I (30F) uninvite our creepy neighbor (70'sM) to my son's 1st birthday party?

We moved into this house 3.5 months ago. Our neighbor across the street introduced himself right away. In the weeks/months following we've chatted outside a few times a week. He's brought us food a handful of times. I baked him cookies for Christmas. He seemed just like a typical older man/nice neighbor. We invited him to our sons first birthday which is coming up soon.

I sent out the invite and received a verbal confirmation that he's coming. That was 2 weeks ago. Since then he's done and said some things that make me really uncomfortable and I don't want him at the party anymore.

Creepy thing #1 - he's been inviting us to happy hour since we moved in saying he has a babysitter for us. I would just kind of ignore him on the babysitter front because my son is breastfed and doesn't take a bottle and frankly I'd find my own babysitter if I wanted to which I don't. I haven't been away from my son since he was born and I'm just not ready yet.

We thought he just wanted to hang out so my husband went out to lunch with him. He still insisted on happy hour/babysitter. So I invited him to our place for dinner thinking he wanted to socialize with both of us. He declined. But continued pushing happy hour/ babysitter.

Then he brought this lady to our house unannounced to introduce us. I was polite and said hi and they left.

He kept bugging my husband about happy hour so finally I said to him ok let's go I'll bring the baby and wear him in a carrier. To which he responds " why don't you trust the lady I introduced you to?" I just explained the breastfeeding situation and used that as an excuse.

So he basically keeps pushing this sitter on us. I didn't think much of it until the other creepy things happened.

Creepy thing #2 - He comes to our house the night of the happy hour already a little buzzed and makes a comment about how cute my son is and that he could probably get $50-$100 if he sold him. No one laughed. My husband said something like "no we're good" And he said he was joking and moved on.

Creepy thing #3 - while out to happy hour he asked how our son was sleeping. I said he still wakes frequently and he responded by saying "well you can just throw him in my spare bedroom tonight and pick him up in the morning". I gave a disgusted look and he responds "sorry I have a sick sense of humor"

Creepy thing #4 - my husband was outside playing with our son and neighbor walks up and says hi then immediately tries to pick the baby up. My husband basically intercepted the baby and turned away from the neighbor guy who just started walk back to his house. He's never held our son before and normal people usually ask first.

Anyway all of these things together weird me out, pushing the baby sitter super hard, making disturbing jokes and trying to hold him without asking. Am I overreacting? I really don't want him at the party around my son or other kids now. How do I keep him from coming?

TLDR invited neighbor to my son's party now he's acting creepy and I don't want him there

:stare:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Getting free room and board and food in exchange for 4 or so hours a day of work is a pretty good deal. I know some people who’ve done this, mostly in South America. It still leaves you with plenty of free time to do whatever else you want. If you’re just planning on going on a week-long vacation or something it’s obviously not worth it then, but if you want to stay a while in a certain place it’s not a bad deal.

Obviously, experiences vary and I’m sure there are a lot of lovely hosts out there so you should obviously do some research ahead of time.

as a computer janitor on the internet, this very concept makes me steamin mad let me tell you

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Yeah, quite frankly I'd start thinking about moving again.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My dad destroyed nearly $200 worth of merchandise

quote:

u/addictedtoaqours
State is AZ

Uh. This is gonna seem wack. So hold on.

I don't like my dad. He doesn't like me. He respect nothing of me and I have no plans of speaking to him when I move out at 18.

My dad has always been a piece of poo poo, but last night he flipped his poo poo on me because I told him to get out if my room because I was speaking with my boss. He proceeded to just grab all my "Love Live Sunshine" Aqours CD's and smash them one by one. If you're lost here's what I'm talking about

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=Aqours

I had 14 CD's and was collecting them all and now I'm salty. Can u even do anything it is that the end if it.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
If i ever look back on my relationship with my son and realize that's how he feels about me i'll be heartbroken, but on the other hand...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
1 Corinthians 13:11, dumbass

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
After clicking the link and finding out what these cds are, I agree with the dad.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Or you could just work remote for 4 hours and make 10x what it would cost for room and board? I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Khorne posted:

Or you could just work remote for 4 hours and make 10x what it would cost for room and board? I don't get it.

I think you may have a learning disability