Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

totalnewbie posted:

For TR meteor wiz, any suggestions on rings? I'll have Unity and CoE is pretty standard, but I'm considering something else like SoJ or Obs.Zod

What cooldown are you desperate to decrease with a Zodiac Ring? Is it worth cutting your toughness in half? SoJ would be strictly worse than CoE. Why would you want to use those rings?

You could consider a Halo instead of a Unity, they serve similar purposes. Your other ring should be taken up by Traveler's Pledge. So you get one cube slot and one ring slot for the build.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I never bother with Augments though, so I might be more grumpy if I RIPped a character with 20 hours of Augment Work on them.

Yeah, I had a good Etched Sigil and I went through a lot of effort building a gem to 80 for my first augment, and then RIP'd in the first GR90 (which I had previously cleared) I ran after that. :laugh:

I would take that over this season's RIP, though -- I died with my Sunwuko season set and hadn't taken the time to bring up a gem of ease, let alone amass a stash of spares. Now the RNG is taunting me by giving me 2x of each set. Not enough power to speedfarm. :argh:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrSeRRoD posted:

Member back when seasons required you to actually find your own gear to get started?

Still does on console, the Premium D3 experience in 2018.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

bamhand posted:

What cooldown are you desperate to decrease with a Zodiac Ring? Is it worth cutting your toughness in half? SoJ would be strictly worse than CoE. Why would you want to use those rings?

You could consider a Halo instead of a Unity, they serve similar purposes. Your other ring should be taken up by Traveler's Pledge. So you get one cube slot and one ring slot for the build.

Oops sorry, I'm only thinking about replacing the CoE. I'm not the biggest fan of having to pay attention to the rotation. Decreased CD on teleport is nice :D

TR 6 piece needs the amulet slot (source is taken by etched sigil) or RoRG so halo is in the cube and no traveler's.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Still does on console, the Premium D3 experience in 2018.

Say what now??

What's different in season gearing between Console and PC?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Bust Rodd posted:

Careful, secretly the set Dungeons aren’t that hard, but don’t tell anyone!

I stubbornly toughed my way through Uliana's last season so that was my measuring stick up to this point.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

totalnewbie posted:

Oops sorry, I'm only thinking about replacing the CoE. I'm not the biggest fan of having to pay attention to the rotation.

So don't. Just take the flat damage bonus.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Say what now??

What's different in season gearing between Console and PC?

I'm pretty sure you can trade poo poo in season on PC

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

totalnewbie posted:

Oops sorry, I'm only thinking about replacing the CoE. I'm not the biggest fan of having to pay attention to the rotation. Decreased CD on teleport is nice :D

TR 6 piece needs the amulet slot (source is taken by etched sigil) or RoRG so halo is in the cube and no traveler's.

Generally for almost every class you go Focus/Restraint + Unity in cube. Or you go Traveler's + CoE + Unity. You can sub in Halo for Unity as a Wizard. Anything else will probably be less optimal for GR's. There really just aren't that many choices for rings really. Also even if you don't pay attention to the CoE bonus at all it's probably still better than SoJ for your damage.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm pretty sure you can trade poo poo in season on PC

Ooooh yeah, I forgot about that.

Console Seasons have NO trading of any kind, zero zero zero. If I drop an item on the ground, you can't see it.

Console Non-Season is extremely forgiving though. I can give you any item I want from any time ever, none of that account-bound or time sensitive stuff.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

DrSeRRoD posted:

Member back when seasons required you to actually find your own gear to get started?

The worst was being required to level a hardcore character to 70. I don't mind hardcore, but I didn't like having to level two characters to 70 every season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, the Master of the Universe conquest is just so far out of balance with the others.

Master EIGHT set dungeons?!

Like... Get Six Sets to GR55 is challenging enough, and that's fewer sets + actually a part of the core gameplay loop with real rewards.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I do stone of Jordan over COE when I can because gently caress that poo poo.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
CoE is 50% bonus damage if you ignore the buff completely. Why would you do that?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

euphronius posted:

I do stone of Jordan over COE when I can because gently caress that poo poo.

A ring that literally can't have crit/crit/socket, with +30% against Elites?

You prefer that over a ring you can just pretend is +50% against everything??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
CoE more like P O O

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

That's weird! Most people like to get their damage as high as possible to more easily clear difficult content.

Reminds me of that one guy who refused to use Followers because he didn't like their character models and NPC chatter.

Or people who refuse to use Green Sets because "they're gimmicky"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The choice on my current DH is unity over COE and I went Unity.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Do you also roll crit on your ring/gloves/neck to vitality so you can kill slower?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Eh, he didn't post a build and isn't asking for feedback, so no sense dogpiling him.

Hey, isn't there some time-sensitive Transmog that's only available today?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hey, isn't there some time-sensitive Transmog that's only available today?

I think it's in March-only, for the Kanai's Skorn. It may be available tomorrow, if they remember to flip the switch.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So I got my first 2 DHset items, then realized apparently future chapter goals already can be fulfilled even if a chapter is still locked. Got my 2nd 2 set items in literally 15 minutes, then a ring dropped that reduces the number of set parts needed for a bonus by 1 and then my gambling shard were full so I gambled and got the set pants for shadow.

Long story short I am wrecking poo poo on torment 4 with all set bonuses and am oneshotting bosses with my dagger like nobody's business. Shakram also gets the bonus so I just whirl through everything right now.

All I need to complete chapter 4 is 5 jewellery recipes, but sadly none are dropping for me. I must have 3 or 4 by now.

Game so extremely fun right now.

Edit: I also ended up in the goblin treasury after 1 shooting a goblin and am rich like Trump right now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hopper posted:

So I got my first 2 DHset items, then realized apparently future chapter goals already can be fulfilled even if a chapter is still locked. Got my 2nd 2 set items in literally 15 minutes, then a ring dropped that reduces the number of set parts needed for a bonus by 1 and then my gambling shard were full so I gambled and got the set pants for shadow.

Long story short I am wrecking poo poo on torment 4 with all set bonuses and am oneshotting bosses with my dagger like nobody's business. Shakram also gets the bonus so I just whirl through everything right now.

All I need to complete chapter 4 is 5 jewellery recipes, but sadly none are dropping for me. I must have 3 or 4 by now.

Game so extremely fun right now.

You get 1x jeweler (gems, not rings/amulets, by the way) recipe per Bounty Cache. Run some Act Bounties!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, the Master of the Universe conquest is just so far out of balance with the others.

Master EIGHT set dungeons?!

I played a wizard and demon hunter last season, ended up amassing 8 sets over time and then went for their set dungeons for achievements since I hadn't done them in the past. You just naturally amass these items as you go, completing it isn't that much harder. :shrug:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's way more time intensive than any other conquest.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hell yeah Set dungeons

Sucks
Every
Time

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's way more time intensive than any other conquest.

Yeah, I guess so. GR55 also requires that you have some accompanying legendaries for some sets. I was lucky enough to have amassed everything by the time I went for it, so I systemically did GR55, then set dungeon.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You get 1x jeweler (gems, not rings/amulets, by the way) recipe per Bounty Cache. Run some Act Bounties!

The hellfire recipes from act 2 also count, so you can also quickly grab the last 1-2 if you don’t mind spending a bunch of the gold from the challenge rift

mewse
May 2, 2006

I've done 3 wizard set dungeons pretty easily, all except DMO, god drat there's an objective to reflect enemy projectiles that is ludicrous.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

mewse posted:

I've done 3 wizard set dungeons pretty easily, all except DMO, god drat there's an objective to reflect enemy projectiles that is ludicrous.

The reflect is a bit annoying because it's very dependent on enemy density, but it's not that bad if you get a good layout. Just try to find packs of wasps close to any other ranged pack, plop down a bubble, and wait for them to throw a bunch of them before using Wave of Force. It only takes 2 or 3 well placed ones to get the objective done, IIRC.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

LGD posted:

The hellfire recipes from act 2 also count, so you can also quickly grab the last 1-2 if you don’t mind spending a bunch of the gold from the challenge rift

But those are jewellery recipes for the blacksmith... They count as Jeweler recipes and not blacksmith recipes?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
On PC it's the jeweler who crafts rings and amulets.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Hmm OK so apparently The Thrill is super easy for Demon Hunter? https://www.diablofans.com/builds/96143-s12-the-thrill-no-set-gr45-conquest-super-easy

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Where do I go from here guys? I can GSR at about 62 fairly easily. I followed a build pretty well and was able to get a bunch of items that I needed (rings and amulets are still a pain). But yeah... I guess I keep on grinding until I get a perfect build?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

obi_ant posted:

Where do I go from here guys? I can GSR at about 62 fairly easily. I followed a build pretty well and was able to get a bunch of items that I needed (rings and amulets are still a pain). But yeah... I guess I keep on grinding until I get a perfect build?

Basically. Get that jewellery, up the levels of your gems (legendary and non-legendary), up your paragon level, roll for better gear (ancients or just better stats in general), enchant gear where the rolls/affixes could be better.

At GR62 you should be getting a decent amount of legendaries per run so it shouldn't take you too long to start getting some better stuff. You should also be getting paragon levels at a decent rate until you hit around level 500 when it'll slow down a bit.

There are other things like ancient augments but those can wait. 62 is not bad for an incomplete build. What paragon level are you? What level are your legendary gems? Do you have 3 legendary gems slotted even?

Alternatively (or at the same time as doing the stuff I mentioned) you can be getting together the items for a better build (assuming there is one for your class, which there might not be).

Edit: oh also, bear in mind that enemy health scales faster than enemy damage as you go up the rift levels. This means your DPS is likely to be the limiting factor to going up more. Not that you don't have to increase your survivability as well but once you reach the higher levels it'll be taking you too long to kill the rift guardian and stuff like that.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 1, 2018

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That's weird! Most people like to get their damage as high as possible to more easily clear difficult content.

Reminds me of that one guy who refused to use Followers because he didn't like their character models and NPC chatter.

Or people who refuse to use Green Sets because "they're gimmicky"

I am of the controversial opinion that people should play games in the way that brings them the most enjoyment.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mr Scumbag posted:

I am of the controversial opinion that people should play games in the way that brings them the most enjoyment.

Oh hush, some dork will always fall over himself at the opportunity to shoe horn in this statement.

We're talking about equipping "Ring of 25% Damage" rather than "Ring of 50% Damage". I'm hardly telling anyone how to enjoy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Even if you completely ignore CoE, it's still 50% more damage (67% more damage if you're a Necro!). There is no logical reason to be annoyed by it, and unlike basically every other item in the game, it allows you the opportunity to finesse a little extra efficiency which again, is only important at the bleeding edge of upper solo GR. Just pretend the buff doesn't exist if it so offends you.