Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

STAC Goat posted:

Cruz is horrible in a million ways but like, he would have had the good sense to criticize the KKK after Charlottesville.

"I absolutely cannot condone ethnic cleansing. Every American, of any color or origin, should remain trapped here to nourish my larvae until such time as they chew their way out of the human meat-sacks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

And is it me or is Hannity on a loving loop now? I used to tune in for 5 or 10 minutes and wait for a blatant untruth but now I just switch over and wait for Uranium GPS and attacks on the FBI. Holy poo poo. It's genuinely legit real Geobbels stuff at this point, repeated constantly.
See, when democrats are out of power there's only so much you can spin and lie about at any given moment.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

BiggerBoat posted:

And is it me or is Hannity on a loving loop now? I used to tune in for 5 or 10 minutes and wait for a blatant untruth but now I just switch over and wait for Uranium GPS and attacks on the FBI. Holy poo poo. It's genuinely legit real Geobbels stuff at this point, repeated constantly.

I do think that certain voices are emboldened knowing that they're absolutely playing for an audience of one, and that that audience just so happens to be the most powerful man in the free world. Hannity wakes up every morning knowing that whatever he says is going to be fed directly into the weakly-pulsing apricot hanging from a bundle of dried nerves in Trump's skull. His whole playbook nowadays is to feed into Trump's ego, i.e. "nothing is ever his fault, ever" in hopes of getting a signed 8x10 glossy mailed to him or something.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Twelve by Pies posted:

Today Rush revealed the true perpetrators behind the Parkland shooting: Obama and Holder.

See way back in 2013 (I think that was the year) they started something called the Promise Program where schools would punish students for misdemeanors rather than having them get arrested and getting a criminal record. They talked about how this was so wonderful and kids would benefit from it and get a future, but secretly it was just a way for the evil federal government to meddle in education, and the greedy schools to get a bunch of taxpayer money since they'd get huge checks every time a cop didn't make an arrest for a kid who committed a crime. And if it wasn't for the Promise Program then Nicolas Cruz would've been arrested and then he would have a criminal record and he wouldn't have been able to buy a gun and he wouldn't have shot up the school so Obama and Holder are therefore personally responsible for the shooting.

Arresting a white kid? In America?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Twelve by Pies posted:

And if it wasn't for the Promise Program then Nicolas Cruz would've been arrested and then he would have a criminal record and he wouldn't have been able to buy a gun and he wouldn't have shot up the school so Obama and Holder are therefore personally responsible for the shooting.
Yeah except most misdemeanor offenses won't stop you from getting a gun in Florida, and you know exactly who's gonna lobby to keep it that way, sooooo....

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

as an indiana resident i can tell you that pence is actually deeply incompetent because he tries to bow to business and religion simultaneously and is too radically evangelical to rein it in to do the usual GOP balancing act between the two so he just makes all parties involved angry

he was fully expected to lose re-election as governor, before trump chose him as VP for essentially no reason at all

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Jazerus posted:

as an indiana resident i can tell you that pence is actually deeply incompetent because he tries to bow to business and religion simultaneously and is too radically evangelical to rein it in to do the usual GOP balancing act between the two so he just makes all parties involved angry

he was fully expected to lose re-election as governor, before trump chose him as VP for essentially no reason at all because Paul Manafort steered his stupid rear end right into it. Or was is Steve Bannon? Even I can't keep track now.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
It was Manafort.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Fart City posted:

I do think that certain voices are emboldened knowing that they're absolutely playing for an audience of one, and that that audience just so happens to be the most powerful man in the free world. Hannity wakes up every morning knowing that whatever he says is going to be fed directly into the weakly-pulsing apricot hanging from a bundle of dried nerves in Trump's skull. His whole playbook nowadays is to feed into Trump's ego, i.e. "nothing is ever his fault, ever" in hopes of getting a signed 8x10 glossy mailed to him or something.
Not apricot... Peach.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/968343845468606464

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Jazerus posted:

he was fully expected to lose re-election as governor, before trump chose him as VP for essentially no reason at all

I am also from Indiana and the thing that bit Pence there is that he's more of a Washington politician and less of a state politician. He's good at spinning bullshit, and that's harder to do on a state level when you control the legislature. Concrete things are expected of you in that role in a way they are not when you're president of the United States.

The problems he had in Indiana just wouldn't happen as president because US congress doesn't work like a state legislature. He can just stall and talk his way around it.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

ErIog posted:

We did dodge some number of bullets as a nation during the primary, but the nightmare scenario we're currently in is that Pence is probably going to be president at some point. He's cartoonishly evil and dangerously competent.

Pence isn't competent, he's just not Trump level stupid. Pence is getting the air of mystery VP treatment, and just like Biden, the worst thing that could happen to him is to actually be front and center.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's really sad that in recent polling biden led the pack for dem candidates.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm holding out hope it's just "he was inoffensive as a VP, dunked on Paul Ryan that one time which was legitimately ok, and we've forgotten how poo poo he is." If the Democrats nominate an old, groping, pro-drug war, rear end in a top hat that can't stop himself from defending the rich after they pushed the worst tax plan in a century on us I just don't know. I would think he would get dunked on by any of the other Democrats in the next primary which won't be a coronation like last time. Politicians typically poll better when they aren't being politicians, see Bush Jr.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 27, 2018

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Radish posted:

I'm holding out hope it's just "he was inoffensive as a VP, dunked on Paul Ryan that one time which was legitimately ok, and we've forgotten how poo poo he is." If the Democrats nominate an old, groping, pro-drug war, rear end in a top hat that can't stop himself from defending the rich after they pushed the worst tax plan in a century on us I just don't know. I would think he would get dunked on by any of the other Democrats in the next primary which won't be a coronation like last time. Politicians typically poll better when they aren't being politicians, see Bush Jr.

I would vote for Biden for President but only if it was The Onion's version of Biden.

With Superspy John Kerry as Veep.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Leofish posted:

I would vote for Biden for President but only if it was The Onion's version of Biden.

With Superspy John Kerry as Veep.

I'd vote for the right-wing caricatures of Biden and Kerry.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'd happily vote for the right wing caricature of pretty much every Democrat, those guys all seem ok.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I would not be surprised to see the Democrat message for the 2020 election being shaped by what causes the biggest wave in the 2018 election.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hunt11 posted:

I would not be surprised to see the Democrat message for the 2020 election being shaped by what causes the biggest wave in the 2018 election.
Regardless of what happens the Democrats will blame Russian tweets.

2020 is going to be ridiculous.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Regardless of what happens the Democrats will blame Russian tweets.

2020 is going to be ridiculous.

We will never again assume that a moronic Facebook meme was created by some idiot in Milwaukee.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

Name recognition. I’m pretty sure Jeb! was the hawt name around 2014/2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sanders got a name now.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/969028270833496065/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Wow what a great forums avatar.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
White people are seriously trying to bring back the 1970s when cracker, honkey and worst of all - TURKEY - was the worst insult in the world. No, seriously! I am loving shook right now. I am crying in a pool of my own misery at the thought that someone darker than egg white could dare utter the word Cracker to make me an emotional wreck worse than anything that could be strung together to call someone black!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is one of the things I hate most about the far right movement. If they came even close to living up to the ideals of being nietzschen superman or whatever nonsense they claim to be, I could at least take them somewhat seriously.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hunt11 posted:

This is one of the things I hate most about the far right movement. If they came even close to living up to the ideals of being nietzschen superman or whatever nonsense they claim to be, I could at least take them somewhat seriously.

this, they are all projecting cowardly fucks who all fancy themselves some littlefinger/lex luthor type.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My thing is... I'm white as gently caress and no one has ever in my life called me a "cracker" or a "honkey" or something except maybe amongst friends all being over the top silly racist with each other when I was younger. And even then there were richer territory to mine.

So whenever some suited up Young Republican College Conservative has a story about how he's been accosted with the horrible insult of being called a cracker I always assume he's leaving out the part where he wrote a school paper editorial on why its unfair he can't sing the lyrics of rap songs or something.

Tucker never tells you that part in his nightly "War on Whites" segment.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tucker Carlson is the spiritual King of the Honkeys.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Is that Carlson's stock listening face when he's on the air? I've seen it a few times now, and it strikes me as a strange mixture of confusion and constipation.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Fearless posted:

Is that Carlson's stock listening face when he's on the air?
You must be new here.

edit:
https://twitter.com/AM2DM/status/907314669655916544

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 1, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Tucker must get stuck doing that face after a while and can't get out of it. One of these days its just gotta be like that and he starts to cry but he can't really open his mouth more than the stock small gape he is forced to forever have.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/969034183887769601

Zwabu posted:

Wow what a great forums avatar.

https://twitter.com/____________NJ/status/969034651695239168

Lycus fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 1, 2018

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

TBF the idea that ~conservative views~ should be a protected class is still more pathetic.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Crabtree posted:

White people are seriously trying to bring back the 1970s when cracker, honkey and worst of all - TURKEY - was the worst insult in the world. No, seriously! I am loving shook right now. I am crying in a pool of my own misery at the thought that someone darker than egg white could dare utter the word Cracker to make me an emotional wreck worse than anything that could be strung together to call someone black!

I worked with some dudes that started calling me gringo all the time, so I started called them wetbacks. Those were some fun times. I hated the work, but they were fun guys to do it with.

I also owe my love of Peruvian food (and ultimately lots of other food from non-potato eating countries) to them - I was a pretty picky eater until they dragged me to some fuckin' good restaurants between jobs.

I will never ever understand reflexive racism or any of that - different != bad unless you start off every interaction the way I do with Comcast these days: openly hostile and on the verge of violence

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

TBF the idea that ~conservative views~ should be a protected class is still more pathetic.

nah, let it be that way. If they are pussy shitheads and get panned for it, it'll suck all the toxic masculinity right out of the ideology. Without that source of pure rage, it might fall apart altogether.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol do any of these mutherfuckers know about the streisand effect.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

MANime in the sheets posted:

I worked with some dudes that started calling me gringo all the time, so I started called them wetbacks. Those were some fun times. I hated the work, but they were fun guys to do it with.

I also owe my love of Peruvian food (and ultimately lots of other food from non-potato eating countries) to them - I was a pretty picky eater until they dragged me to some fuckin' good restaurants between jobs.

I will never ever understand reflexive racism or any of that - different != bad unless you start off every interaction the way I do with Comcast these days: openly hostile and on the verge of violence

just a heads up -- they're the original potato eaters

quote:

The potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial nightshade Solanum tuberosum. Potato may be applied to both the plant and the edible tuber.[2] Potatoes have become a staple food in many parts of the world and an integral part of much of the world's food supply. Potatoes are the world's fourth-largest food crop, following maize (corn), wheat, and rice.[3] The green leaves and green skins of tubers exposed to the light are toxic.

In the Andes, where the species is indigenous, some other closely related species are cultivated. Potatoes were introduced to Europe in the second half of the 16th century by the Spanish. Wild potato species can be found throughout the Americas from the United States to southern Chile.[4] The potato was originally believed to have been domesticated independently in multiple locations,[5] but later genetic testing of the wide variety of cultivars and wild species proved a single origin for potatoes in the area of present-day southern Peru and extreme northwestern Bolivia (from a species in the Solanum brevicaule complex), where they were domesticated approximately 7,000–10,000 years ago.[6][7][8] Following millennia of selective breeding, there are now over a thousand different types of potatoes.[7] Over 99% of the presently cultivated potatoes worldwide descended from varieties that originated in the lowlands of south-central Chile, which have displaced formerly popular varieties from the Andes.[9][10]

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

That chyron reads like someone shredded the anti-harassment policy book and sprinkled all the pieces onto conservative students.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

greazeball posted:

just a heads up -- they're the original potato eaters

Hahahahaha no poo poo