Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Die Sexmonster! posted:

lmao it's fifteen seconds of a ten minute fight

anyway, this still makes me blush

Fifteen seconds every time there was a limit break bar. I assume it was not being used once per fight because I know I was able to use it more often than that in squadron dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rastan Beeza posted:

Tell me about the worst or funniest dungeon/DR you've ever run, goons

It was Temple of the Fist and I was running it with my machinist. I got stuck with the unholy combination of a single-pulling tank, a healer who did 0 damage and a dragoon who refused to aoe.

I think it took about 40 minutes in the end.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Rastan Beeza posted:

I got a Kugane Castle with a 0-DPS healer and two DPS who both didn't realize they have to push buttons to make things die.

This was the run where I learned the ninja adds the second boss summons (the ones that normally die after, like, two gcds from any competent DPS) will explode and do group-wide damage if they live long enough.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rastan Beeza posted:

back in 2.0 i had an amdapor keep that we ran out of time to clear because the party couldn't do mechanics on the final boss

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Step on etc etc

https://i.imgur.com/kF3Mc6X.gifv

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Are there any goon raid staticd looking for a ranged DPS by chance. Looking for statics but haven't had any luck with one that fits into my hours.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yoship mad. It sounds like some players are going to get banned, and maybe some GMs too depending on how badly the ball got dropped on the bug report process.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

They're probably double checking the list to ensure nothing else got dropped either.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Rastan Beeza posted:

After the first babby pull in Pharos Hard, the tank asked if everyone had done the dungeon before. No one responded (I didn't b/c I was in a different chat tab, but also: no bonus notification). The tank insisted on answers because they were "Irish and we don't like surprises." They bailed a minute later. We never got a replacement tank because it was super late, but the rest of us finished the dungeon in a reasonable time with zero deaths.

Had some hellacious runs of The Aery and The Vault soon after HW launch (experience during early access was much better). Only special part is unusually underperforming randos.

More recently, had a Bismarck story mode in which one of the idiot tanks fell off the edge while moving to the corona. The sanuwa spawned after. The other idiot tank grabbed both the sanuwa and spammed enmity abilities so none of the DPS could drag one away. After being told the sanuwa needed to be split up or we'd wipe, the tank said "ok" and continued spamming enmity abilities. We wiped soon after.

Thundarr posted:

Yoship mad. It sounds like some players are going to get banned, and maybe some GMs too depending on how badly the ball got dropped on the bug report process.

Yep! Depends on where it happened. GMs might've used the correct reporting route but the bug got dropped by QA/dev, QA/dev were overworked and had a miss, someone critical went on vacation and there was no follow-up, etc.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I would hope that a bug on the level of "all DPS checks are now obsoleted" would get fast tracked if it ever arrived at the front door of QA, but I can't claim to know anything about how they run the ship internally.

Perhaps it got routed to their web development team by mistake? :v:

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I would hope that a bug on the level of "all DPS checks are now obsoleted" would get fast tracked if it ever arrived at the front door of QA, but I can't claim to know anything about how they run the ship internally.

Perhaps it got routed to their web development team by mistake? :v:

Well it also depends on how it was worded originally and then how it got translated into JP for the actual devs to look at. Could have been something like you can cast this ability! And the GMs in charge of that stuff may have had no clue what they were talking about, so it never got passed up the chain.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Thundarr posted:

Same, it's theory at this point. Lots of potential pitfalls in a bug reporting process, especially in a company that large. Like, the language used tends to be flat and neutral, with emphasis conveyed through the priority the bug is set to (and that part's rarely done by the reporter).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rastan Beeza posted:

I did LDR, got Sastasha. There was a summoner who was a naked-rear end dragondude with a level 1 book.

After Captain Madison 2 he pipes up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I was in a party of people who almost wiped on Floors 51 - 60 on PotD because they were high.

I guess necromancy goes hand-in-hand with kush. :shrug:

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

These shadowy fishing ephemeral node things are loving bullshit. Took an hour to do the 68 quest.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Zack Ater posted:

These shadowy fishing ephemeral node things are loving bullshit. Took an hour to do the 68 quest.

I hate to victim blame, but I'm pretty sure you were doing something wrong.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just met him but Lambard is already the most anime rear end bad guy in this anime rear end game.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

I can understand taking a while with the 68 fisher quest. The nodes are spread far enough that you can't really ever see them together, and there's one node from a different area that likes to hang out with them if it RNGs it's potential spawn location that way.

I mean an hour is still a really long time for it though.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Nipponophile posted:

I was using the large gig when spearing for Ichthyosaurs, and veteran trading the prawns away. I switched to the small gig for the shadowy node. The first time I got said node, I got two HQ quest fish and some other stuff (I veteran traded the doman bubble eyes.) The second time, I got 5 NQ quest fish. The third time, I finally got that third HQ quest fish. I have a HQ 67 rod, and my gear is all 65-67, my stats were more than enough for getting the node bonuses. Unless I missed some action that increases HQ chance when spearfishing, I don't think there's anything else I could have done?

e: on the bright side, I guess I got quite a bit of exp out of it...

Telum fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 1, 2018

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Zack Ater posted:

I was using the large gig when spearing for Ichthyosaurs, and veteran trading the prawns away. I switched to the small gig for the shadowy node. The first time I got said node, I got two HQ quest fish and some other stuff (I veteran traded the doman bubble eyes.) The second time, I got 5 NQ quest fish. The third time, I finally got that third HQ quest fish. I have a HQ 67 rod, and my gear is all 65-67, my stats were more than enough for getting the node bonuses. Unless I missed some action that increases HQ chance when spearfishing, I don't think there's anything else I could have done?

e: on the bright side, I guess I got quite a bit of exp out of it...

That quest sucked and it took me a really long time too

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Yeah, it took me awhile to do it too for the same reason. Got 2 HQ fish the first time, had to do another entire cycle to get the last one.

It didn't help that I was queueing for leveling dungeons and your node progress resets if you leave the zone :shepicide:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Funniest:

Running Stone Vigil with my friends. It was the pull after the second boss. One of the ones where you can pull a side room with a few ice crystals and those big dragons and there's a patrolling dragon. A HUGE pull for a sprout tank and sprout healer combo. As such, the tank fell over. That's when all hell broke loose. Since I knew what was gonna happen, I popped sprint and just hauled rear end back to the beginning. The tank respawns at the beginning. He's on his way back. Eventually I make it to where the first boss was and realize that since I had to drop down into the room, I was out of room to run. I get eaten. The enemies all run back, not to reset, but to go murder the Bard. The four of us are on Discord laughing way too hard to play at this point. When I respawn, I'm expecting to see the BRD die, but he's somehow managed to outrun the enemies. He meets me and the tank at that first boss room and immediately falls over. Then the tank again and then me again and then the healer who must have just decided to hide somewhere. It was hilarious.

Worst:

3 wipes to Susano. One being a 1% wipe. This is Susano normal too, not Extreme. There was a SAM and a WHM that died to literally every mechanic. It was astounding. The first and only time I've ever just flat quit and eaten the penalty.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Not only did I collect three of the HQ quest fish from my first ephemeral node, I forgot to change out my spearfishing gig before I did it. :kamina:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Fishing is a terrible job and if it ever gets overhauled it can only get better.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

I did LDR, got Sastasha. There was a summoner who was a naked-rear end dragondude with a level 1 book.

After Captain Madison 2 he pipes up.

:laffo:

It’s a common glamour, dude :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

LethalGeek posted:

Fishing is a terrible job and if it ever gets overhauled it can only get better.

Spearfishing is the best part of fishing even with the 68 quest being as bad as it is.

Because scaring away fish you don't want so you only catch the fish you do want is way better than catching a fish and tossing it back automatically :shepface:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Too bad most of the spearfishing nodes are still like 45% useless fish 1, 45% useless fish 2, and 10% fish that you actually want.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What's a sprout?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

A new player that has the green leaf icon next to their name.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Brainamp posted:

A new player that has the green leaf icon next to their name.

drat, you need to have played for x hours and have finished a level of MSQ to have it removed?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If you like, you can type /nastatusoff and get rid of it ahead of time.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

I'd keep it on, do a good job and rake in the commendations from people going :shobon:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Philonius posted:

I'd keep it on, do a good job and rake in the commendations from people going :shobon:

Is that why I get commendations as a DPS :confused:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Yes, XIV players love newbies.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
After finishing the Untended Dreams quest for the Little Ladies Day event, all I have to say is... someone on the quest team needs counseling. loving hell.

It's a cute fun event with idols and glowstick animations and the spirit of a little girl who was abducted, sold into sexual slavery, eventually murdered, and buried in an unmarked grave.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

When Eureka

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

March 13th, according to the preview site.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
They banned 2550 accounts for illicit activity from 22nd to 28th. That's a lot of people.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

ChaseSP posted:

Are there any goon raid staticd looking for a ranged DPS by chance. Looking for statics but haven't had any luck with one that fits into my hours.

Are LFG posts allowed here? If they are, I'm an i355 tri-healer (preferably SCH or AST) looking for a static. Have a clear on O5S and experience in O6S, can run pretty much any day after 7:20 PM Pacific. I'd post on the offsite but it seems kind of dead lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

HenryEx posted:

They banned 2550 accounts for illicit activity from 22nd to 28th. That's a lot of people.

Well, it's "only" 900 more than last week.